Do you think you are liberal?

Sucks when you get spit on for trying to hand out "get out of jail free" cards.

But [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11:)[/FONT]

Hello...

I hope that this was not directed at me... :(

I don't think I spit on anyone... I was only giving my opinion...

Peace...

Spit, spit, spit. That's all you do.

Where'd you find that pic of Buddy Jesus?

If you are following a fundamentalist approach to Christianity, you should be aware that fundamentalism is not reflective of the early Church. It is the outcome of the Enlightment and critical thinking directed at the Bible.

I was just thinking about this a little while ago... What if ( for the sake of the discussion ) god was trying to move the church in a new direction because we have gotten off the the path... The minute someone says something that does jive with the masses people flip out... I wonder how luther felt... or wesley... It must have been a wild ride... lol... standing against the HOLY throng the slowly marched down the trodden path... saying "hey guys I think we are going the wrong way!"... hehe...

Peace & Love

I was just thinking about this a little while ago... What if ( for the sake of the discussion ) god was trying to move the church in a new direction because we have gotten off the the path... The minute someone says something that does jive with the masses people flip out... I wonder how luther felt... or wesley... It must have been a wild ride... lol... standing against the HOLY throng the slowly marched down the trodden path... saying "hey guys I think we are going the wrong way!"... hehe...

Peace & Love

I actually think this is the way the Holy Spirit works, but not that Luther was all right and Catholocism was all wrong. It was a corrrection. We are never/no one perfectly on course, but overall, living in the tension, tacking back and forth into the Wind, we head in the right direction. :) We're all more or less on 'good enough' course.

I actually think this is the way the Holy Spirit works, but not that Luther was all right and Catholocism was all wrong. It was a corrrection. We are never/no one perfectly on course, but overall, living in the tension, tacking back and forth into the Wind, we head in the right direction. :) We're all more or less on 'good enough' course.

You are right... I think anyway... I dont think luther was all right... or catholicism all wrong... I know some wonderful catholics... loving people that live love every day.... and I know some lutherans, methodists, and many others that do the same!! I dont think anyone has it all right... least of them - ME... lol...

But I am up for a bit of sailing... ;)

Peace & Love

We still are. :)

catholic - With a small 'c', it refers to the whole of the Gospel of Christ and the ways of living it out, among Christ's followers of all times, places, races, sexes, social classes and situations of life.

I guess you were right... :p

Sucks when you get spit on for trying to hand out "get out of jail free" cards.

But [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11:)

[/FONT]

Yeah, that sucks I guess. But there are a lot of worse things. Like, oh I don't know...being a straight siamese twin with a gay brother- and his boyfriend is coming over tonight. Try walking a mile in his, er their moccasins.

catholic - With a small 'c', it refers to the whole of the Gospel of Christ and the ways of living it out, among Christ's followers of all times, places, races, sexes, social classes and situations of life.

I guess you were right... :p

Glad someone got it!

Spitting Fool said:
The minute someone says something that does jive with the masses people flip out... I wonder how luther felt... or wesley... It must have been a wild ride... lol... standing against the HOLY throng the slowly marched down the trodden path... saying "hey guys I think we are going the wrong way!"... hehe...

This also reminded me...of course Luther was a liberal Christian, as was Calvin and everyone else who along the way proposed ideas differing from the Magisterium or currently accepted doctrines.

The church I attend, the Episcopal Church, is very conservative. With respect to doctrine we endeavor only to accept catholic doctrine, that which has always been believed by all Christians everywhere. If that isn't a narrow and conservative doctrine, I don't know what is. :)

Hello...

I hope that this was not directed at me... :(

I don't think I spit on anyone... I was only giving my opinion...

Peace...

Beg pardon whilst I catch up...

No, not at all! And I'm sorry if you got that impression.

I was speaking in general about the problem of caring about people that you think may not go to heaven (or whatever you want to call it) so much that you would risk looking stupid or being rejected to witness to the truth as you see it.

Glad someone got it!

This also reminded me...of course Luther was a liberal Christian, as was Calvin and everyone else who along the way proposed ideas differing from the Magisterium or currently accepted doctrines.

The church I attend, the Episcopal Church, is very conservative. With respect to doctrine we endeavor only to accept catholic doctrine, that which has always been believed by all Christians everywhere. If that isn't a narrow and conservative doctrine, I don't know what is. :)

WOW... that is narrow... :)

What exactly is it that all christians everywhere have always believed... seems to me that everyday it gets a bit narrower... :p

But on a positive note... at least you will be using fewer trees to print you Systematic Theology books... lol :D

Peace & Love

Yeah, that sucks I guess. But there are a lot of worse things. Like, oh I don't know...being a straight siamese twin with a gay brother- and his boyfriend is coming over tonight. Try walking a mile in his, er their moccasins.

:D :D :D I'd keep the light on...:D

Beg pardon whilst I catch up...

No, not at all! And I'm sorry if you got that impression.

I was speaking in general about the problem of caring about people that you think may not go to heaven (or whatever you want to call it) so much that you would risk looking stupid or being rejected to witness to the truth as you see it.

Ahhh... I got ya... :p

That is something I am familiar with... lol... LOOKING STUPID... lol

When I was younger it was for handing out tracts... today it is for trying to love those that some think are unlovable... may I point out the word "TRYING"... I drop the ball every day... sigh... but thankfully grace is an amazing thing... :eek:

WOW... that is narrow... :)

What exactly is it that all christians everywhere have always believed... seems to me that everyday it gets a bit narrower... :p

Yup. It basically boils down to the Trinity and the Incarnation, that which is affirmed in the Nicene Creed. Also the sacraments of baptism and the Eucharist.

"They are beliefs agreed to by all Christians, and they remain beyond rational explanation; they remain mysteries, and the proper response to mystery is worship."

But on a positive note... at least you will be using fewer trees to print you Systematic Theology books... lol :D

Peace & Love

For some odd reason this does not seem to do anything to lessen the ability of Anglican theologians to fill up books. :)

I have to agree. I think maybe it's how fast we nudge the rudder that makes us liberal or conservative. Perhaps we still reach the same harbor...

I have to agree. I think maybe it's how fast we nudge the rudder that makes us liberal or conservative. Perhaps we still reach the same harbor...

I like that analogy... but be careful... you might get labeled a heretic or a wolf in sheeps clothing with idea like that... lol :p

Peace

Yup. It basically boils down to the Trinity and the Incarnation, that which is affirmed in the Nicene Creed. Also the sacraments of baptism and the Eucharist.

"They are beliefs agreed to by all Christians, and they remain beyond rational explanation; they remain mysteries, and the proper response to mystery is worship."

For some odd reason this does not seem to do anything to lessen the ability of Anglican theologians to fill up books. :)

LOL... so there are pages and pages of fluff?? hehe

Back