How much love is too much?

Jesus said, "do not be of unequal yoke." Why do you think he would break his own law and be a liar?
You are the liar. It was Paul who said not to be unequally yoked...in the context of mixed marriage...which he later backtracked on.

Jesus said no such thing. Twisted verses, again. Get thee behind me.

lol. You'd be suprised at what I know. I agree with the red part.

Then you also agree that Paul had no idea what a "Gospel" was, hence your original point becomes mute. And what "I" am surprised at is, for all the "knowledge" you have, how little is applied to reality. I am also amazed at the "jaundiced" approach you have taken, concerning humanity. Jesus, never condemned the "wretched"...only the self righteous, because it wasn't theirs to be self righteous...and the wretched didn't dare do anything, because it wasn't in them.

In fact, the "wretched" already considered themselves damned (in this life and the next). Same goes for today's people.

Most of the time, you sound like the "Sanhedrin" of the day, instead of a disciple of Christ's body, today...

Then you also agree that Paul had no idea what a "Gospel" was, hence your original point becomes mute. And what "I" am surprised at is, for all the "knowledge" you have, how little is applied to reality. I am also amazed at the "jaundiced" approach you have taken, concerning humanity. Jesus, never condemned the "wretched"...only the self righteous, because it wasn't theirs to be self righteous...and the wretched didn't dare do anything, because it wasn't in them.

In fact, the "wretched" already considered themselves damned (in this life and the next). Same goes for today's people.

Most of the time, you sound like the "Sanhedrin" of the day, instead of a disciple of Christ's body, today...

So are you a wretch? Do you weep over your sins and beat your chest saying "Lord, be merciful to me a sinner?" Does your sins effect you that much or are you content in your religion?

So are you a wretch? Do you weep over your sins and beat your chest saying "Lord, be merciful to me a sinner?" Does your sins effect you that much or are you content in your religion?
What should you care? You are the one standing on the corner praying for all to hear. Verily, you have your reward.

What should you care? You are the one standing on the corner praying for all to hear. Verily, you have your reward.

I dont want people to go to hell, thats why I care. So are you going to repent and trust in Christ or are you going to spurn his grace, fully knowing what you'll be facing?

Jesus said, "do not be of unequal yoke." Why do you think he would break his own law and be a liar?
I don't see it... what verse?

Silas said:
Jesus said, "what does light (Christians) have in common with darkness (nonChristians).

I hope you are not inventing false testimony.

Nope. I sing..."Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, to save a wretch, like me...I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now, I see..."

v/r

Joshua

You are the liar. It was Paul who said not to be unequally yoked...in the context of mixed marriage...which he later backtracked on.

Jesus said no such thing. Twisted verses, again. Get thee behind me.

[SIZE=-1]"Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, 'I will dwell in them and walk among them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate," says the Lord. 'and do not touch what is unclean; And I will welcome you. And I will be a Father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,' Says the Lord Almighty".(2 Cor 6:14-18)[/SIZE]

Well to me at least that covers more than just a marriage. Yes it was Paul but it still came from my Bible which came from God at least to me.

I dont want people to go to hell, thats why I care. So are you going to repent and trust in Christ or are you going to spurn his grace, fully knowing what you'll be facing?

And you are, the grace keeper? And who decides who is saved, and who is not? Please, not you. That is between a man and God...(last time I checked).

I hope you are not inventing false testimony.

I based what I said on 2 Corinthians 6:14-16. Christians are light and unbelievers are darkness (no light in them according to God). You can repent and trust in Christ and be born again, if you want.

[SIZE=-1]"Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, 'I will dwell in them and walk among them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate," says the Lord. 'and do not touch what is unclean; And I will welcome you. And I will be a Father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,' Says the Lord Almighty".(2 Cor 6:14-18)[/SIZE]

Well to me at least that covers more than just a marriage. Yes it was Paul but it still came from my Bible which came from God at least to me.
"...and a spouse is sanctified by the believing spouse, and a house is sanctified by the believing member..."

God covers all bases, for the love of all mankind...

Nope. I sing..."Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, to save a wretch, like me...I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now, I see..."

v/r

Joshua

I sing amazing grace only becomes I'm reminded why I needed that grace every day. "Oh wretched man that I am. Every time I try to do good, I find that evil is present within me." The more I grow in faith, the more I realize how bad I am. And to thnk, I was a "goodie to shoes." Whoa!

And you are, the grace keeper? And who decides who is saved, and who is not? Please, not you. That is between a man and God...(last time I checked).

Yes, sir. That is my understanding of scripture - God decides who gets saved.

I dont believe he is trying to decide.
I believe he generally feels bad when he sees people living in sin and passing up the very gift they were given and does not know who has or has not accepted the gift so he tells everyone.

I know me and my better half were watching Real World tonight and the gay couple was on there.
Yes I felt bad, yes I was sorry because I know what is going to happen and it caused grieving in my heart.

I sing amazing grace only becomes I'm reminded why I needed that grace every day. "Oh wretched man that I am. Every time I try to do good, I find that evil is present within me." The more I grow in faith, the more I realize how bad I am. And to thnk, I was a "goodie to shoes." Whoa!

Horse ****. Humility is not groveling before the Lord...but standing tall, and when appropriate, bending knee and lowering one's head.

I am who I am, and there but for the grace of God, go I...let's move.

Horse ****. Humility is not groveling before the Lord...but standing tall, and when appropriate, bending knee and lowering one's head.

I am who I am, and there but for the grace of God, go I...let's move.

You're a much better than I. Why curse though?

I based what I said on 2 Corinthians 6:14-16. Christians are light and unbelievers are darkness (no light in them according to God). You can repent and trust in Christ and be born again, if you want.
Oh, so Jesus said neither one. Now are you going to repent for the false testimony? I am sorry I missed where 123 already called you on one of them.

I am happy to repent... what sin do you think I still need to repent for?

"...and a spouse is sanctified by the believing spouse, and a house is sanctified by the believing member..."

God covers all bases, for the love of all mankind...

What bible did that come from Id really like to see that.
I know mine says Im sanctified through Christ not our spouse.

And actually those verses pertain to business deals, social circles, domestic and in worship all aspects of life.

Oh, so Jesus said neither one. Now are you going to repent for the false testimony? I am sorry I missed where 123 already called you on one of them.

I am happy to repent... what sin do you think I still need to repent for?

You have a point there, I did say Jesus said it (my bad!). I think we need to repent of this post. I dont think this is bringing glory to God, so I'm gonna go sleep now.

Later!

Back