Numerology

...and a little aside to our resident fish slapper >>>

I'm a Pisces!

s.
Then you are fully capable of slapping yourself, and this fishy enso should be perfect for you!

{Do you often run from yourself and need others to slap you?} :)

Attachments

• redfishblackfishav.jpg
    redfishblackfishav.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 428
numerology, though, was jewish in origin, and based on the idea that as the words of the torah are so special, then so too must also be the letters... the numbers corresponded to the letters of the hebrew alphabet, and each letter corresponded to a number and also a significator, a word describing the number... initially u would always reduce numbers so that they went into a single figure, unless the numbers were within the hebrew alphabet as each number had a certain significance based on the basic order of hebrew letters... todays variants on the theme spring up everywhere... yet personally, I dont believe a set of numbers has much bearing on my life...

I posted this information elsewhere here that the Bible is thought by some scholars to be numbers-based organizationally, that is the words and phrases are grouped in certain ways in order to carry special meanings. This might be related to the Bible Code frenzy of a few years ago, but the reading I've done on it seems to carry more profound meanings, such as genetic mappings. This applies to both the OT and NT. An excellent article detailing this appeared in Biblical Archaeology Review some years ago.

flow...;)

I always find these fun, though I just can't seem to buy into them (or astrology, or any other thing where I'm lumped in with a gazillion other people by some seemingly random thing). Anyhoo, just to answer the original question, based on my maiden/birth name, I'm:

Expression 7, Soul Urge 1, Persona 6

The Expression and Soul Urge is a fine match, but Persona not so much. While animals and people are often attracted to me, I wouldn't say I look affectionate. I've been told by a lot of people that I come across as intimidating until they hear me speak. I do try to make people comfortable if I can, but I don't think my dress comes across as harmonious or comfortable. Generally, I'm wearing some sort of pseudo-goth clothing- I love Victorian stuff and would wear more if I could get away with it, business dress is corporate goth (think black and gray suits), and when I'm casual I generally (though not always) look slightly punk. The stuff is comfortable to me, but I don't think it radiates a look of comfiness.;)

Oddly enough, my full married name (including middle) was way off the mark, but my first and last married name (without middle name) was pretty accurate (9/8/1).

I also checked on my husband's name, which was totally un-him. Really quite funny how much it was not like him.

Hmmmmmm...

Expression: 99 / 18 / 9 
You have a vision of a perfect world. Forgiveness, Love and altruism are the path you walk. You are the idealist, and you do everything in your power to live up to your ideals in order to be a good example for others to follow. Inside, you know that you will be imitated, so you are extremely aware of your every "imperfection". Letting go of people and places when you have fulfilled your role with them is an important lesson for you. There are many that need to be touched by your wisdom.

Soul Urge: 22 / 4 
Practical and well organized, you desire security above all else. You are loyal and it is important to you that your work provides security for others. You take life very seriously and others know they can rely on you. You desire to build your home, your family and your livelihood on a solid foundation based on hard work and common sense.

Personality: 77 / 14 / 5 
You've got charisma, and a following to prove it. You live by your belief that change is progress, and so there tends to be a quick turn over in your relationships, jobs and even educational interests. You are the proverbial, " jack of all trades-master of none.", and this gives you a multi-dimensionality that befriends you to people of every walk of life. You are colorful in your dress and possess a magnetic sensuality.

Well...I don't know about all this. But as with all things of this sort, some parts are true, and some false.

flow....:rolleyes:

I agree with wil that there should be negatives as well as positive meanings to numbers.

There's a lot more to numerology than the traditional kind, how do we know what alphabet and calendar to use for a start! So many things in the universe work by patterns of numbers like e.g. The fibonacci sequence.

Colours and light works by numbers as does music and there are some interesting correlations e.g. 1 and 8 in the periodic table [another number set] = water, the substance of harmony, then of course 8 may be seen as the number of the octave because the 8th note corresponds to the 1rst note as a harmonic of. So you have 7 different points between just as you have 7 colours of the visible light spectrum.

If anyone wants i got some quotes from some interesting russian websites that show all sorts of number harmonies.

Life Path:
You are a pioneer. Independent, original and strong willed you have all of the tools of leadership and self-mastery. You must learn to use your courage, creativity and unique individuality to steadfastly make your dreams come true. Inventor, originator, initiator your key word is discover.

Harvest Cycle: 3
color_3.gif

This is a time of fun and creative expression. You're likely to be in the spotlight somehow, and you've got a large audience. It's a good time to write the book you've always had in mind (Thats messed up! I normally do these things just for a laugh, and I feel shame that, that shocked me... But I have been writting a book for years.... I keep changing it. lol... This book is kind of the only goal I have.)

My class in craniosacral therapy just started here at the Cayce(Edgar)/Reilly School of Massotherapy. ;):D

I've been pretty taken by it so far...

Back