What Book Have You Read Recently?

I've finished reading The New Story of Science: Mind and the Universe by Augros and Stanciu.

I am currently reading The New Biology by the same authors

The content of these books is The Divine Watchmaker Argument on steroids. I was wondering if anyone else had read them and if so, what did you think?

Just recently finished a book called Zealot: the Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth. It was a fascinating book. I'd recommend it to anyone studying religions.

I'm currently reading "Touching the gods : physical interaction with cult statues in the Roman world" by Polly Weddle. It's a PhD theiis: I check the British Library's list every so often for interesting (and free!) items.

Just finishing up Everything You Know is Wrong by Lloyd Pye. The guy is loony tunes in his theories. But he never the less brings up some fascinating objections to how we look at evolution in general, and human evolution in particular that gets me thinking out of the box. Which is why I read it from time to time.

"Nailed..." ©2010 by David Fitzgerald

re: Questions existence of Jesus.

Just finished The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. Wonderful book about two sisters in France during world war two, and all of the terrible things they had to survive through. It was quite an amazing read.

Last edited:
Just recently finished a book called Zealot: the Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth. It was a fascinating book. I'd recommend it to anyone studying religions.
I don't get into the Media section much... too bad you didn't give us some insight on the thread about (apparently a Dr. though I've never seen him with a title) Dr. Reza Aslan.

I just finished The Little Prince. I haven't read that book since I was a child. Still a good read.

I'm rereading my autographed copy of Welcome To Night Vale that I got when it came out in October. It helps get my mind off of politics.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Was playing the game with someone who had and her explanation of the game from the book
I had no idea there was a game based on the book. Looks interesting, now that I've checked it out online.

The Buried Giant by Katzuo Ishiguro.

First Ishiguro I've ever read, and one of those books that lingers in the mind. I think it might have toppled G.G. Marquez' Love in the Time of Cholera from it's No1. position in my opinion.

Make no mistake - I am not a Bill O'Reilly fan but I was fascinated by a book given me as a gift, Killing Reagan. Educational, surprising and scary. We had no clue how the assignation attempt affected Reagan and world history...

Back