Christianity 101

Its very hard sometimes to guage a tone to a bit of text.. so I ask that you explain this bit in parentheses. To clear up any misunderstandings. Thanks

Indeed, shall we ask those like Inhumillity to come post their thoughts? Or perhaps 17th? How about Friend? That is what was not to be encouraged. Hence the Title "Christianity 101". :)

v/r

Joshua

Love the Lord thy G-d with all your heart, all your mind and all your soul, and Love your neighbor as yourself.
Forgive not seven times, but seven times seventy.
My belief. Jesus will be perfectly happy if we spend a lifetime working on those two.
I must say ‘wil’ it is beautifully written and I do believe it from the core of my heart. It is the pristine teaching of Moses, Muhammad and also of Jesus. It is not influenced or distorted by Paul anyway. Please don’t get me wrong, I have no hatred for Paul, but I cannot accept his wrong beliefs and hence I would naturally want that my Christian friends also know the truth with reasons.
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi - a peaceful faith in Islam

But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." - I Corinthians 15:1-4, 14-22

Hi
I would like to point out that the above quote from Bible shows the right approach, and my view is also the same, that if JesusYeshuaIssa did not die on Cross, hence logically he did not resurrected from the dead, hence logically he could not become a basis of redemption of the sinners; since logically he did not ascend to heaven, he logically could not sit on the right hand of GodAllahYHWH and logically could not assume any power vested in GodAllahYHWH. So my comments would be very much within the ambit of this excerpt of the Bible. The Christians should be bold enough to see my arguments. I do not have any intention to unnecessarily convert you for numbers to my faith; you remain follower of JesusYeshuaIssa but the real one. There is, however, no compulsion of believing my arguments. You would be as free to believe or not to believe as you wish.
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi - a peaceful faith in iIslam

Hi
I would like to point out that the above quote from Bible shows the right approach, and my view is also the same, that if JesusYeshuaIssa did not die on Cross, hence logically he did not resurrected from the dead, hence logically he could not become a basis of redemption of the sinners; since logically he did not ascend to heaven, he logically could not sit on the right hand of GodAllahYHWH and logically could not assume any power vested in GodAllahYHWH. So my comments would be very much within the ambit of this excerpt of the Bible. The Christians should be bold enough to see my arguments. I do not have any intention to unnecessarily convert you for numbers to my faith; you remain follower of JesusYeshuaIssa but the real one. There is, however, no compulsion of believing my arguments. You would be as free to believe or not to believe as you wish.
Thanks

Mods can I officially take the gloves off now?????:mad:

Its very hard sometimes to guage a tone to a bit of text.. so I ask that you explain this bit in parentheses. To clear up any misunderstandings. Thanks
Q said:
I think, this is appropriate. This would be an excellent place to express the basics of Christianity, particularly for those who do not understand it (but think they do).
2 funny! You thought it meant the likes of you?!?!? and I thought it meant the likes of me!!!

.. . JesusYeshuaIssa did not die on Cross, hence logically he did not resurrected from the dead, hence logically he could not become a basis of redemption of the sinners; since logically he did not ascend to heaven, he logically could not sit on the right hand of GodAllahYHWH and logically could not assume any power vested in GodAllahYHWH.....There is, however, no compulsion of believing my arguments. You would be as free to believe or not to believe as you wish.
My brother, you are living upto your name....inhumility as opposed to in humility...

Golden rule...do unto others as you'd have them do unto you.... Is this your wish? That folks come to your board, your mosque, your safe haven and blast your belief system?

You know your comment is not apporpriate on this board.

One has the choice of free will to choose, but one cannot choose the consequences of their choice.

A retraction, an apology, may change the consequences...as I am not a judge I cannot say. While I honor your beliefs, I question your wisdom on this post as it does not proclaim the peace you indicate.

The more I think about it, the more I think you should apologize and not just cowardly go away. I would not even think of going to the Islamic board and tell you that Islam is a false religion that has no idea who Jesus Christ is.

Hi
Thanks

This is what happens when someone blatantly tries to twists the scriptures to his own point of view. But unlike misinformed cults, this is not done out of ignorance, but it is a blatant attempt to discredit the true meaning of the text. Inhumility seems bent on disingenuously persuading us toward his beliefs, telling us that he has no intention of converting us on one side of his mouth, while the other side implores us to be bold enough to see his vain arguments. But he is only showing the shallow thinking of a closed mind, something we all recognize by now.

Me too.
I also love people, but somehow when you get to the next thing Jesus said,
"If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
"... John 15:6
people start accusing you of trying to cram YOUR views down their throat. Jesus was all about love, but he loved people enough to tell it like it is.

And...If I had not come and spoken to them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin. John 15:22 KJV

My NASB reads John 15:22 this way:

"If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin but now they have no excuse for thier sin."

I do not have any intention to unnecessarily convert you for numbers to my faith; you remain follower of JesusYeshuaIssa but the real one. There is, however, no compulsion of believing my arguments. You would be as free to believe or not to believe as you wish.
Thanks

Sorry Inhumility but I do follow the real Jesus.
Question I have for you is why feed us this load. Everyone knows the statements you made about compulsion and peaceful are not true.

hmmmm.....there is a thought that everyone we encounter is here to teach or test our capacity for unconditional love...

I know I was justa slippin back a little....

Gotta be grateful for our lessons...

No intention of repeating what everyone else has already said, so here's my unique contribution, so far as this thread is concerned:

Christianity is about a personal, intimate relationship with God.

We are individuals, separate entities apart from God, but seeking union with God. We are seeking Him, on a constant process of discovery and re-discovery of God. The Son, Jesus, also called the Christ, is our guide, our personal spiritual leader.

He is the only One who knows the Way to the Father, God. That's because he's the Invisible Man, who is also an image of the Invisible God, a projection of God, God in identity, though not necessarily in substance. They are One in Identity, separate entities, but One in meaning. When we seek the Son, we are also seeking the Father, as the Father is known through the Son.

We are all coming together. Each of us is a stone that forms God's spiritual temple. Every stone occupies a unique position in the construction of the Temple. Each of us has a place in God's Temple which may also be seen as God's Kingdom.

The Temple represents a static condition -- what doesn't change is our uniqueness in purpose. Life revolves around rituals. Family life, love life, social life and professional life are all driven by rituals. These rituals have their own specific functions, manifesting themselves in relationships. It is as if life is part of some religious ceremony, and the things we do in life are like rituals that we perform inside a physical temple. And so . . . the ceremonial functions performed in the physical temple may be transformed into the everyday life functions that take place in the spiritual temple. In a sense, God's Temple and God's Kingdom are almost synonymous in that both represent everyday life functions, but the Kingdom is about a society -- a dynamic entity. So the Realm of God is both static and dynamic -- static in purpose and identity but dynamic in form.

As each individual draws closer to their intended destiny, their place in the Temple, he/she gets to know more and more about their personal individual identity. But as we draw closer to the place in the Temple, the Christian community begins to discover its collective identity, the combination of all our individual identities combined. In the past we were alone and didn't know our place. In the future we will come to know where indeed we fit in with others. As relationships develop and we discover our own personal identity, the community as a whole starts to figure out its overall, combined identity.

The spiritual temple is our future home. But this temple is in God, as God fills up the whole temple. But we ourselves are a home for God. We are God's temple. So God is our home, our place of comfort (home sweet home), but we ourselves are God's home, the place where God is loved.

In this world, some of us are thugs, junkies, bastards, stillborns, invalids, disableds and nobodies. Others are snobbish, stuck-up, arrogant, haughty, self-indulgent, self-absorbed. Then there are the murderers, liars, philanderers, perverts, etc. At the other end of the spectrum, there are the great scientists and philosophers, the heros and villains, the victors, echelons and the dismal failures, the popular idols, pop stars, rock stars, movie stars, musicians, the famous, the infamous and the losers. The knowns and unknowns. Rich and poor. Conspicuous and unconspicuous. The shy and the confident. Nice and the mean. Politicians, statemen, terrorists and freedom-fighters. Soldiers, doctors, medics, police men, fire fighters and ambulance officers, doing their duty . . . and life is a stage, all these people are just actors in the Great Play.

But in the Kingdom of God . . . there is no difference!!! First and last is the same. God doesn't care who you are, as long as you want to be part of His Grand Story. The Book is still being written . . . maybe just a few more pages. I think I might even know the title -- The Never-Ending Story. Shhhhh. Don't spoil the surprise.

Jesus prayed that we would all be one. God in us and us in God.

Warning: This post is completly off topic, but relevant to this board today, Imo. Quahom, feel free to delete at your leisure.

"Yeah, we're runnin' a little bit hot tonight
I can barely see the road from the heat comin' off
You know what I'm sayin'

Got the fearin', power steerin'
Pistons poppin', ain't no stoppin' now

PANAMA!"

:(

love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

Back