Perfection

YO-ELEVEN-11

Watcher
Reaction score
Most people seem to want "perfection". My understanding of perfection takes on many forms. i.e. Some things that challenge me seem like a "perfect" fit for my personality. My question is What is Perfection?

Any Thoughts?

i would say that perfection is in the mind of the beholder...

to me it is executing something, anything, from a thought to an action, with truth, integrity, transparency, for the love of it, to the best, compassionate & passionate, of your ability.

i think i got that across ok. making sense? :cool:

Well, asking that in the philosophy section is opening a bit of a huge investigation.

The perfection of anything rests in the fullness of its being - any natural thing is perfect when it is all that it can be ... when its fulfills its potential.

Everything tends towards it own perfection, Aquinas said ... all movement is a quest for rest ... stuff like that.

Thomas

hello everyone,

i know this isn't the christianity thread but i couldn't resist! you ask, "what is perfection?" well, to me, perfection is best described by paul the apostle:
1 Corinthians 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
perfection will be attained when this dusty body gets sown in to the earth when we die, but gets raised after we hear the voice of Him, theeeeen we will be perfect, because the former flesh has passed away and now we will be pure spirit, just like in the beginning of creation. sorry, if i seem like i am prosetilyzing. God bless you all...

perfection... a mental sensation which is like being wrapped in a warm duvet on a cold morning, alighting upon something so right, in form, in essence, in sense, in construction, in simplicity, a thing so beautiful that a person's senses fall upon it and it causes them to sigh, involuntarily, exhaling... ahh... that to me is perfection...

Know one can ever be perfect, but to perfect is how efficient you can make your given attributes.

hello everyone,

i know this isn't the christianity thread but i couldn't resist! you ask, "what is perfection?" well, to me, perfection is best described by paul the apostle:
1 Corinthians 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
perfection will be attained when this dusty body gets sown in to the earth when we die, but gets raised after we hear the voice of Him, theeeeen we will be perfect, because the former flesh has passed away and now we will be pure spirit, just like in the beginning of creation. sorry, if i seem like i am prosetilyzing. God bless you all...

i don't mean to be contentious when i ask: When you say after our body has disintegrated and we are pure spirit, as you mention, what about this state of pure spirit-ness will be perfect that CANNOT be whilst on this material plane? I think we're trying to pin down qualities and tangible things through words that we all can relate to ...;) In other words, i would just like you to elaborate!

peace & blessings

i don't mean to be contentious when i ask: When you say after our body has disintegrated and we are pure spirit, as you mention, what about this state of pure spirit-ness will be perfect that CANNOT be whilst on this material plane? I think we're trying to pin down qualities and tangible things through words that we all can relate to ...;) In other words, i would just like you to elaborate!

peace & blessings

hello elme,
sorry if i confused you, but i will elaborate on my post. i read somewhere that you were muslim, am i correct? i don't know if in islam it is believed that there will be a resurrection, but from what i have been reading in the bible, there will definately be a resurrection of the dead. i can go into scripture but i don't want to make you feel like i am witnessing to you, though feel free to ask if you want me to back this up with scripture. anyways, throughout the bible, man is constantly being compared to trees, fruits, harvests, branches, weeds, etc. you name it, if it is a plant, man is compared to it! and man is like a plant as well. we need water, we have "seed", we absorb sunlight, if we are near a water source we grow and survive, if not we die, like in this psalm:

Psalms 1 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
another good example of how we are like plants or fruits is an orange, if you notice it, it has pores, just like human skin, if you sqeeze it, it will "sweat" and you will be able to smell its odor.
ok, so in the beginning we are like a seed, right? if you look at a seed, it is dead, no life in it. but if you sow it into the earth, boom, it is an apple tree, or a pine tree, or an oak tree. full of life, beautiful, fruitful, it gives life to others, it gives shade or shelter to those who need it. but if you notice, it dies in winter but it comes back again in spring. so why is it insane to think that the same applies to man? you cut us, we heal don't we? if you chop a tree down it doesn't die, it just grows back. now if you pull it from the roots and cast it into the fire, that is a different story. so my point with all of this, is this. look in the mirror. what you will see is just temporary. what you will see is just the seed. it is the shadow of what is to come. we aren't perfect right now, it is impossible to be perfect because if we were, there would be no killing, lying, cheating, stealing, lust, etc. to some people they may "feel" perfect, but that is up to each person and that is ok. there is no problem with that, but to me, i am just a shadow. a seed. i don't care how much good one has done in their life, no one is perfect.
Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.again, you can feel perfect. you can be spiritual right now. but i don't know about you, but with me, my spirituality comes and goes. when it comes, i cry my eyeballs out, hoping and praying to be with God in my fullest potential, not this weak shell. when my spirituality goes, i am then left with my ego, anger, childlike cravings, all the bad stuff that is impossible to co-exist with the Creator of heaven and earth. flesh cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. flesh will inherit the dust of the earth, but the Spirit, when we are one with the Spirit is when we will finally be created perfect. then we will truly love one another. sorry if i sound nuts, but this is all from my point of view. i don't want you to take this like if you should accept it because you have your own way of thinking and your own opinions. i am just elaborating on my post. sorry if it was too long but when it comes to talking about God, i can go on and on. well, hope to hear from you soon if not, that's ok. thanks for listening and God bless you to times indefinate...

Most people seem to want "perfection". My understanding of perfection takes on many forms. i.e. Some things that challenge me seem like a "perfect" fit for my personality. My question is What is Perfection?

Any Thoughts?

Perfection is the same as beauty, the same as good and the same as evil.... It is all in the eye of the beholder... I see perfection in all. Some will argue this point. :) There are those that strive for it, there are those that strive to maintain it and there are also those who strive not to have perfection...... It is something that squares up right to the personal opinons, values and norms of that person(s) They're all perfect. :)

Any Thoughts?

Alot of us want perfection i guess i am in alot of area's. Perfection is what we strive to be every day it challenges us to be perfect or better person.

Perfection to me i think is part of the beauty within us! How we live our life that reflects our personality some like perfection others do not!

Perfection to me is a perfect concert! :D

Any Thoughts?

Greetings,

Here are some ideas from my learned Teachers:

How does Perfection ever become realised in Man?

There are also mechanical landmarks that are spoken of: stages accomplished, chakras ignited and enlivened, schools of initiation and consciousness, spheres travelled to and known, temptations resisted and so forth, which inspire the levels of perfection worked for. However and exceptionally there is also the paradisiacal perfection hearkened after or alluded to which is often vague though imbibed with much meaning.

This end-of-the-journey Master/God/and Christ type of perfection is characterised in the thinking as being a ‘pure’ individual, a still-water soul, a saintly yet impenetrable ego, a calm-at-all-times rather dependable character – magical, if not all-powerful nature-loving and adorable man or woman adorned with wings and emblazoned with light. This description seems to be what most would probably come up with if formulating their thoughts as to the future individual they should progress into at some later stage.

Is this your idea of Perfection?

-Br.Bruce

Any Thoughts?

"Perfection" is an ages-old spiritual term expressing the quality attained by one's consciousness. I would suspect, however, that you are using this term to limited to your physical world, this-life-time experience. If so, ALL of your qualities and facets are part of the equation, and the resultant answer is relative to the person of whom you ask the question. Therefore, you will be "perfect" to one of the right balance of qualities and facets; thouroughly "imperfect" to one of the opposite extremes.

I do not believe anything can be perfect - except Allah. Every person, diamond, ray of light, etc has at leat one flaw. How could a person ever be perfect, their every thought, deed and action would have to be without fault? Could never happen in my opinion. Just because something makes us incredibly happy does not in my opinion make that thing perfect - just perfect for us perhaps.

I do not believe anything can be perfect - except Allah. Every person, diamond, ray of light, etc has at leat one flaw. How could a person ever be perfect, their every thought, deed and action would have to be without fault? Could never happen in my opinion. Just because something makes us incredibly happy does not in my opinion make that thing perfect - just perfect for us perhaps.

It is meant relatively, and as well has no relation whatsoever to the physical living form of us. It would pertain to all we have become over all lifetimes. Only a very few attain this, but it is something we all shall accomplish eventually. Even though that may be, it is still relative and does not equate us with the Absolute.

It is meant relatively, and as well has no relation whatsoever to the physical living form of us. It would pertain to all we have become over all lifetimes. Only a very few attain this, but it is something we all shall accomplish eventually. Even though that may be, it is still relative and does not equate us with the Absolute.

Thank you for the explanation Christian. I think then I would would prefer 2 different words, one to relate to what we may become and one for Allah, as we could never be perfect as He is imo.

Back