Gypsies.....

Gypsies, love um hate um couldn't care less?

• Hate them.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Love them.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Couldn't care less..

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
I try not to discriminate but everything I have heard of gypsies is defintely true. I rented to gypsies downstairs a year ago and cannot wait for them to move out. they are okay people but they moved in 3 more people which they weren't supposed to and then, to make matters worse, They make so much noise and are always late on their rent. they also sleep all day and are up all night? What is up w/that? They freak me out and I WILL NEVER EVER rent to gypsies again. I should have listened but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I cannot stand them. Sorry.

whose woods these are I think I know
his house is in the village though
he will not see me stopping here
to watch these woods fill up with snow

They're here.... (in scary spooky child tone*

The travellers are back!!!!!

Same spot!

This time instead of getting the police to physically remove them, I wish to find out "who they are" so I will be doing this over the weekend and so on, should be a good adventure anyway... I hope to learn, who knows I might have found my gateway.... Sell all my stuff and go live with them in their wagons lol.... (jk).. I think.

Oh I love the change of heart one year can bring.

Kudos Alex!

Now hate to say this but your version of friendship and trust may still be different from theirs.

I know, but Gotta try right? ;)

I am rteally curious to know who they are what they do why they travel, why in such large, large numbers, are they like a mobile religious comunity so much I want to ask, but I will never know unless I ask right?

All I know, is I have been given a second chance to not make the same mistake, I want to learn and understand that which I don't know, instead of shutting myself off from them and trying to get them banished... I am pretty sure it was mostly jealously now.

I know, but Gotta try right? ;)

I am rteally curious to know who they are what they do why they travel, why in such large, large numbers, are they like a mobile religious comunity so much I want to ask, but I will never know unless I ask right?
Oh yeah, I'd be over playing with them as well...but I'd walk around the block to get there so I come from the other direction.

is that wrong?

Oh yeah, I'd be over playing with them as well...but I'd walk around the block to get there so I come from the other direction.

is that wrong?

I don't think so :p

Any advice you can give me Wil? Or is that too stupid to ask, like are there rule of thumbs and such with travelling comunities? I don't wanna upset them!

I don't think so :p

Any advice you can give me Wil? Or is that too stupid to ask, like are there rule of thumbs and such with travelling comunities? I don't wanna upset them!
aaargghhh

You'll be an outsider that makes you a mark. They'll be leary at first and then welcoming and friendly. They'll ask and if you offer they'll take...and take...and take. Blood (the community) will always be thicker than the newbie friend...watch for some good cop bad cop.

This all sounds bad, but back to our morality or ethics or socialization, they simply play by different rules. The world is theirs for the taking, they take advantage of every program and opportunity. But theirs is a different paradigm, you are feeding the system, living in babylon, have the house and car and plenty and won't notice what you've lost. Well you may notice it but not for long.

Now if they frequent the same spot most of them know not to sh-t in their own yard, don't screw up a good thing, even if it is only temporary we want to come back again...

It is perception, depending on perception they can be the best people or the worst... you know enough to not get taken in, you know enough that if you do get taken in that it isn't thier fault, step on a scorpion you get stung.

it feels wrong...it feels like I am selling out my brothers

but it feels right...like I am protecting my brother

how wierd is all that?

dream google ain't that live...

lol... Alex P, taking cakes and flasks of tea 'round to the gyppos, who last year he was gonna set the dogs on... Oh!

nice one, Al... hurrah!

Yes :) While they are temporaryily here they are my neighbours :)

They are quite interesting folk too! Talked to a man named Ray, they all have like their own businesses... Window cleaners, roof repairers, bricklayers and so on all physical handy work jobs....

They have it sussed though, they have no major bills... (no taxes either I believe lol) They live for their family not for their careers and I haven't seen such a happy and positive community for a long time. Refreshing.

Yes :) While they are temporaryily here they are my neighbours :)

They are quite interesting folk too! Talked to a man named Ray, they all have like their own businesses... Window cleaners, roof repairers, bricklayers and so on all physical handy work jobs....

They have it sussed though, they have no major bills... (no taxes either I believe lol) They live for their family not for their careers and I haven't seen such a happy and positive community for a long time. Refreshing.
I wouldn't have them work on my house.

I can only go by what I have experienced. As I indicated it is a different set of societal rules. Much like you'd read in the Koran or Talmud, there are different rules for believers and non-believers, members of the clan and infidels or goy. Taking from an outsider is not a crime, you are in babylon and can replenish what is taken, you owe them. So while they may have legitimate fronts, it also provides cover for other activities. Some of which you may condone (gambling, substance sales) others of which you may not. If one comes out to do handyman work, it is nice to get paid to case the joint. Line up a list of things to do just as you leave town...

Again, I could be one hundred percent wrong, could just be me and my nefarious friends that used to act this way...

Back