Gypsies.....

Gypsies, love um hate um couldn't care less?

• Hate them.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Love them.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Couldn't care less..

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
YO-Eleven-11 said:
Humans...sheesh.... Be a Gypsies for a year and see how it is before you take a stand on "if you like" or "dislike them".
:D

Hi YO :)

Well, I didn't vote. I just told a story. :D

But you have a point.

Mama liked them....<shrugs>

InPeace,
InLove

Never met a gypsy. Might hide my rings and things if I do, but I imagine we'd get along pretty well. After all, Fleetwood Mac has a swell song called "Gypsy," right? Can't be all bad.

Wait... who's that in my yard?

Hi YO :)

Well, I didn't vote. I just told a story. :D

But you have a point.

Mama liked them....<shrugs>

InPeace,
InLove

Hi in love, I see you did not vote. I did not either. Your mom must have been a people person. Im like that too.
:)

Hate them? - nope never spent time with any
Love them? - nope never spent time with any

I take people as i find them, as individuals. I try to see past colour, culture, sex, lifestyle, etc. I would imagine there are good and bad in their society, as there are in all societies.

Yo-eleven - that is a beautiful picture

InLove - let me know if you get your Mum's writing published and I can get a copy. Good luck and what a fabulous tribute to a woman you obviously loved so much.

Salaam

I wouldn't be so presumptious to say u were wrong or right, 17th... ur choice... yeah, was being a little sarcastic, but in a wholesome way... ragging u for fun, so, apologies if I offended ya...

I stick with disliking them..... Fair enough they are NAT's I dislike NAT's.... That I will change, I guess I have never met a Gypsy. I wouldn't mind it staying that way in all honesty though.
You tellin me you wouldn't let me set up camp for a while in that very same spot when I come across the pond?

My kids'll be headed to college...I plan to head out turn some virtual into physical in a few years...and I'll be gypsyian or gnattin my way round...

Would you;

Leave lots... (And I truly mean lots) of litter on the floor? Daily? Would there be over 30 of you? 30.... Leaving lots of litter.... Driving cars all over the field and wrecking it, letting your offspring run across the main road.. And causing Mass large scale fires? No? Then sure.... I -guess- you would be welcome.. Just when you come to afternoon tea dress smartly :)

-EDIT-

Oh and full body washes would be required.... :D

Would you;

Leave lots... (And I truly mean lots) of litter on the floor?
floor, the lot has a floor...exquisite
usually
Would there be over 30 of you? 30....
well not initially, but I make friends readily
Leaving lots of litter.... Driving cars all over the field and wrecking it, letting your offspring run across the main road..
you know how those offspring....well off spring over here and spring off over there
And causing Mass large scale fires?
Well that usually is how we get rid of the litter, and keep warm, and provides light whilst staying up all night, and you may call it Mass, and while it is ritual, it is a little different
No? Then sure.... I -guess- you would be welcome..
too cool
Just when you come to afternoon tea dress smartly :)
clothes?
Oh and full body washes would be required.... :D
we love frolickin in the sprinklers, usually late at night during the Mass fires and revelry and after the criso disco's most of us like to clean up...you wouldn't even have to ask. Now do you provide the hoses and extension cords or do we have to get them from the neighbors?

So lookin forward to it!!
rg7.jpg

We are soooo excited!!
rainbow.jpg

Then no, lol you would certainly not be welcome.... :D If there was an amount as large as your pictures here lol... Well then, caravans/tents tend to just randomly burst into flames while your sleeping in them... Accidents do happen you know...... ;)

Then no, lol you would certainly not be welcome.... :D If there was an amount as large as your pictures here lol... Well then, caravans/tents tend to just randomly burst into flames while your sleeping in them... Accidents do happen you know...... ;)
Not welcome, I know you are pullin my leg I know the Christ is in you brah!

Welcoming, loving and forgiving....we especially like that forgiving part...oh and the loving...and the welcoming!

I think you'd fit right in with 'A' camp. The are the guardians, they keep the gate. Everyone entering gathering enters through 'A' camp. They aren't like what you see inside...war veterans, your radical types...once we take up ground they protect us from those random accidents....inside though there are always people up, and fire watch is round the clock.....but tents?? come on with 10,000 of us there are usually a dozen teepees
gaze.jpg
and maybe a few hundred tents...but most are under the mass canopies....or the stars...we don't need no stinkin tents....
mn_Gathering_076.jpg

We just gather under our big industrial strength tarps...
circle3.gif

Spend a lot of time in the open air....
rainbow2.jpg

Some complain of the constant drumming....but they get used to it.

After a while you can't sleep without it....

Families are gathering this weekend till next at Bradley Nook between Stoke-on-Trent and Derby/Mansfield....since we can't go to 17th's yard....

Back