Votes: 9 37.5%
  • 30-69% - Fairly confident, but often has doubts

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 1-29% - Not confident, Serious doubts about God's existence

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 0% - There is absolutely no God.

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
Just for the record, being 100% certain that - there is "a God" - doesn't necessarily mean one claims to fully "grok" (understand) that God/Higher Power, much less that we understand the ultimate nature (place, purpose, origin, etc.) of God!

Although I believe in a whole hierarchy of beings, almost any of which - after a certain point - could be called `God(s)' ... I take it as a given that even the least of these demi-Gods is well beyond my ken. ;)

What I cannot doubt, at this point, is that this great chain of Being, or Jacob's Ladder, leads directly to - the very Heart of God, and then disappears into ... the Unknown.

This leaves plenty of room, unfortunately, for doubting oneself - and, imho, THIS is the part we must all get over, or get beyond, on the spiritual journey. Faith in God, even to the point of 100% certainty, is actually the easy part. Faith in self - if you stop and think about it - is something a lot more challenging.

Self-confidence, rooted in a proper sense of spiritual perspective, and appreciation of one's greatest strengths, and also one's weaknesses, combined with utmost humility ... and a willingness to do what is right regardless of the outcome or circumstances. Hmmm, I shudder to think how far I am from 100% when it comes to this kind of certainty ...

See Andrew, it surprizes me to read these words, for you are a man who clothes words in fine eloquence concerning Theosophy and being right.
I often wonder on CR if there is a certain nature to designate down the self.

Self confidence and God confidence.......... Is there any difference?

- c -

See Andrew, it surprizes me to read these words, for you are a man who clothes words in fine eloquence concerning Theosophy and being right.
I often wonder on CR if there is a certain nature to designate down the self.

Self confidence and God confidence.......... Is there any difference?

- c -

Greetings Ciel,

Perhaps there are 2 self's ? lol

JM

Greetings Ciel,

Perhaps there are 2 self's ? lol

JM

Hi, Joe of the golden avatar. :)

What two did you have in mind?

I see the earthly nature of the soul.

And the aspiring presence of the spirit.

And the two as one.

- c -

99% sure, simply because the universe and all of us exist. Especially if god turns out to be an inpersonal one.
So no need to look for a proof of love or any other human type of attribute.

1% uncertainty because I'm finite, I could be wrong so easily.

Back