Online Gaming

Well I decided to get the lifetime membership. Having too much fun with CO. I've been playing a pretty straightforward gadgeteering build lately in the OB, Gadget Girl Sr. The mantle was passed to her niece, but she got injured in a freak dry cleaning accident. So now at 70 the original Gadget Girl is hitting the streets again. The gadget powers I have so far are pretty awesome. I've got two munitions bots that I can turn into turrets (these guys are sick in pvp and pve), two medic drones that heal me, all of my bots and my teammates, a ray gun with two types of blasts (the first is pretty basic, but the second is extremely variable. If charged for less than .5 seconds it has a 50% chance to do 2x damage. If held for a little longer it has a high chance to stun, if over 2.7 secs then chance to knockback and if a full hold then 1% chance to turn the enemy into a teddy bear. I can add additional effects like chance to insta-kill and chance to shrink my enemy and reduce his strength.) and my most favorite weapon of all, the gauntlet-mounted chainsaw. I love blasting away at a distance and then running in to mow down my enemies. It takes a huge amount of energy to use but it's so powerful. But I've also focused on heavy dps for both myself and my bots, and I use an offensive stance, so that helps. I'm wicked squishy but with my healing droids that doesn't matter as much. Also the xbox controller integration is perfect. It's better with it than with the keyboard for me. Oh and she has rocket jump which is a great way to travel.

I found out they've finally implemented the ability to save character designs and so I'm focusing on that for a bit. I've now created

MechaRav (power armor robo-rabbi)

and

Inflatable (she's going to be a dual-blade inflatable doll)

I've also fully redesigned Gadget Girl as someone I'd want to play with regularly. Now she's more of a normal age for superheroing, tom-boyish mechanically-inclined girl character. Scruffy boy cut, petite figure. Wears a lot of blue. But there's also some purple in her outfit, she has a bare midriff and her sneaks have a baby blue highlight that looks more feminine.

I'm going to recreate Phinneas. He's my 1900's strong man with might power. That guy is just fun to run around with. I gave him superjump. He's ridiculously tall. Big laced up boots, brown briefish shorts, old-school moustache and lots of body hair (but no hair on his head.) I love picking up vehicles and lamp posts and running around with him. Need to work a little on him though so that he's more viable in pvp. Melee characters are currently terrible in pvp. I think I might take the laser eyes from the power armor set -- I think that's where it is -- cuz a 1900's strong man with laser eyes would be awesome.

Also need to recreate Golden Archman. He's an archer that looks like Ronald McDonald. I'll call him Golden Archer if they unblock the word "archer".

Other sets I'd really like to play with are darkness, sorcery, fire and force. I'll probably mix some abilities from those sets into my other characters if they fit. Phinneas will definitely be getting some powers that seem ridiculous with his background.

And I haven't even gotten to the point that I can create nemeses yet. Oh man that's gonna be sweet. I'm currently thinking:

for MechaRav, some sort of darkness-based nemesis

for gadget girl, maybe a mech for complementary or sorcery for opposition.

for inflatable, no clue. maybe fire.

for Phinneas, gotta be an old-school bad guy from before the talkies ruined everything. Probably with gadgeteering.

For Golden Archman I'll likely make the hamburglar or some other similar persona.

i haven't seen this thread in ages! i've been playing Champions Online for a few months now! i go back and forth with it... it's fun and i enjoy it but it's hard to do a lot of the missions solo.

i did just get a moonbase though, since i didn't like the tech cave or basement too much.

let me know if you're still playing Dauer.

~v

I tried it out yesterday but I didn't feel it, I might give it another try but it felt a little simple.

it is a bit simple, imo and the graphics aren't spectacular though i'm sure the game play would be enhanced by playing with a team of friends...that is, in some sense, the allure of the MMO after all.

metta,

~v

Yes I could see that, I haven't gotten very far either so I will give it a proper chance.

last time i played was 226 days ago, apparently. no longer a gold member so lots of my characters aren't playable unless i convert them >.<

Do you get a lot more customization options if you pay, or did a miss a lot, mine looks very generic compared to any other character I see in the game.

well.. yeah, in terms of powers and sometimes costumes as well. playing for free requires you to use the archetypes, some of which are really good especially if you are new to the game as they progress well and you don't have to worry about taking powers etc. that don't really relate to what you're doing. by the same token, you can buy individual things and that makes them available to all your characters, like a costume piece of even a new archetype to play if you want.

you're a "silver" member and "gold" members (which i loved that movie btw) are the ones that are more customized in terms of powers and looks.

Back