Online Gaming

I can't believe I never mentioned it here since I've been playing for months now, but I've been sparring a lot in the c:si combat system on the Second Life platform: Combat: Samurai Island Website: News

It's a dueling system, mostly 1v1, no pk, but a clan I've just started is going to be working on expanding the types of activities. There's currently a bit of KoTH and FFA but nothing else. We're going to bring in more stuff like a 3v3 tourney we're planning, maybe some CTF type games. The devs seem to be expanding in that direction so hopefully there will be more built-in functionality along those lines soon.

My new clan is an unofficial team for The Final Stand: The Final Stand ::v.6::

Once we're established in c:si we'll likely be able to become official. Lately I've been using a new weapon in the system called the blood drinker a lot. Their special is a vampire buff and they're just generally more dynamic than the other weapons. They all require a lot of strategy to use but with these I was actually able to write a full strategy guide. My friend who's from TFS says C:SI is like CSS knife fights x100.

Previously I served as sensei in another clan but it wasn't active enough for me.

I so feel like I'm reading another language when I stop in here....

I know my neighbor has said he is a gamer. This is the neighbor next door to me, we share a wall, but I don't know him... he's a gamer. We hear an occasional humm, buzz, boom of what I assume is some subwoofer but I've got no idea what kind of games he plays...

He told me once...I still have no idea...I don't speak the language.

My family plays senate, canasta, gin, wist, euchre, cashflow, cranium, balderdash, boggle, cribbage, chess, checkers, backgammon, clue, wits and wagers, pictionary, charades, why did the chicken, geist, hangman, dots, axis and allies, life, ware'e, pente....

I so feel like I'm reading another language when I stop in here....

I know my neighbor has said he is a gamer. This is the neighbor next door to me, we share a wall, but I don't know him... he's a gamer. We hear an occasional humm, buzz, boom of what I assume is some subwoofer but I've got no idea what kind of games he plays...

He told me once...I still have no idea...I don't speak the language.

My family plays senate, canasta, gin, wist, euchre, cashflow, cranium, balderdash, boggle, cribbage, chess, checkers, backgammon, clue, wits and wagers, pictionary, charades, why did the chicken, geist, hangman, dots, axis and allies, life, ware'e, pente....

Ha! I can relate, wil. My upstairs neighbor, a teenager, has a wii and is also into computer games, and his dad is into big sound systems. We hear everything from stomping (wii), shooting and explosions (computer games), shooting and explosions (action movies), Super Mario Brothers-type blips and beeps and soundtracks, to victory shouts and complete wails of video-game anguish (from the actual people playing, not just the digitized victims of the shoot-em-up). Of course, to their credit, they also play card and board games.

Some of the current favorite games in my house include Backgammon, Skip-Bo, Five Crowns, Mad Libs, and a great storytelling game called Once Upon a Time. This last one is my favorite.

As board games go I like risk and scrabble. I want to get a copy of Settlers of Catan. I'd like to learn how to play Go.

Wil, I will find you the perfect game...... You can then proclaim the title of Gamer.
truth be known I'm afraid, very afraid. I have a highly addictive personality which I've got to watch. Pong was enough for me, I know if I were to sit and get into these I'd be there all free or semi free and not really free waking hours, falling asleep with the controller in my hand...

My poor deprived kids I refuse to let them have gaming systems (or meat, or cellphones/ipods in their ears) but they have them at their mom's house, so 50% of the time they can get their fix, here we play, and talk and read...

truth be known I'm afraid, very afraid. I have a highly addictive personality which I've got to watch. Pong was enough for me, I know if I were to sit and get into these I'd be there all free or semi free and not really free waking hours, falling asleep with the controller in my hand...

If I cannot find the game, I'll freaking make the game lol not too addictive... Tricky... But doable....

My poor deprived kids I refuse to let them have gaming systems (or meat, or cellphones/ipods in their ears) but they have them at their mom's house, so 50% of the time they can get their fix, here we play, and talk and read.

I find it interesting how you say such things as my poor kids, and such... They got it good... Need a balance of all things in this life...

Namaste all,

oh i don't know how i missed this thread when it was more current.

i had been playing World of Warcraft for some time now but due to recent circumstances had to cancel my accounts. I had signed up for the new Conan the Barbarian MMORPG which is still in Beta. when i was working i would generally use two or three machines in my test lab for beta testing games.

i've owned nearly every gaming console that has ever been released, currently have a PS3, XBox 360 (which i need to try to repair and give away) and a PS2. i think that, of all of them that i've owned, i still most fondly recall the Intellivision system with their release of Dungeons and Dragons.

i've played Dungeons and Dragons on a fairly frequent basis until about 2 years ago... not to give too much away but i started playing when the rule books were Chainmail, Blackmoore and Greyhawk! i'm saddened at the death of Gary Gygax, a part of my childhood died too. :(

i didn't care for the online one at all.

board games and miniature games and collectable card games are really what i enjoy playing the most. got started with Nepoleonics a minature turn based wargame and moved onto Warhammer 40K and really liked it. i've still got two Epic Scale armies which i made back some 15 years ago or so.

i used to buy old board games during auctions at gaming conventions and picked up several copies of one of the best games, ever: Diplomacy.

i'm also a huge fan of Civilization both the PC game by Sid Meir and the original board game.

i custom build all my computers which are designed for computer gaming and, if you want, i'd build one for you too ;)

in short... i'm a gamer.

metta,

~v

hey darlek, my boys are huge WOW fans. im forever buying them the "cards" so they can play. they have tried to get me into it, but to no avail. lol. i used to frequent the free euchre sites. i love euchre, but then, i realized that its very sad when you play cards in a room all by yourself and yell at the screen......................... (looks over shoulder). lol. usually i spend my cyber time, here on cr. my son returned his xbox360 cos there was a major fault, with them and we sent it back and we were given a new xbox360 in its place.

Games are funny things. I have been playing runescape since it was released and am now pretty high level, (top 100 in range). I have never met anyone from here but in total I have met 14 people from runescape from all over Europe. One, from Austria, I even had a real life romance with and we continue to have a warm relationship. It is probably this aspect of the game that is most addictive, the social dimension. You might think that the average gamer is a spotty kid but far from it. There are 'dedicated' players of all ages and walks of life and it has been a real pleasure to meet a few of them. Unfortunately I just do not get much time to play now, and when I do its just to keep my character a top ranger :p , but the game is so easy to play that you can multi-task, I am often playing when posting here. You can argue that it is a waste of time that could be better used in other ways, and that is a valid point of view. But it is all worth it and I am grateful if only for all the varied and lovely people I had the pleasure to meet.

Tao

hey tao, brady is a member and now you are a life long her0. lol

lol, thats cool !! You can PM his username if you like.
In real life too I have met people that in conversation I found they are players too. For some reason it seems to attract the otherwise 'normal'. One I met is a very successful lawyer, another a university lecturer but perhaps most telling is my friend in Austria who is an expert in sleep disorders :p

tao

cool. ill ask him . hes asleep right now, he will get such a kick out of this. what an easter present. lol. i wont be able to get him off the bloody computer now. lol/ have a good one. love the grey.

As part of my job I have to try just about everything on the net and at least get a judgement on it. I admit that I tend to give online games than equal attention. I poke my head into most of them and get 10 or so levels at least before moving on.

Altho generally I tend to enjoy them more when they eventually migrate to privately owned servers. Less crowded, less kids, more surprises. And it tends to be free of course but the money is never a problem as much as the type of people I find on crowded servers of the latest greatest mmorpg. If you ever find yourself liking the game but not the people then give it time. It will fracture into hundreds of free servers each with their own flavor of the game. You can find one to latch onto then.

Namaste greymare,

thank you for the post.

hey darlek, my boys are huge WOW fans. im forever buying them the "cards" so they can play. they have tried to get me into it, but to no avail. lol.

it can be quite an engrossing game.. as a hardcore gamer type i thought it was worth the monthly fee since i wasn't buying other games nearly as often. it probably worked out the same though..

i used to frequent the free euchre sites. i love euchre, but then, i realized that its very sad when you play cards in a room all by yourself and yell at the screen......................... (looks over shoulder). lol.

poker seems to be the rage these days and i downloaded one of the clients from a popular poker site... it was sort of fun but i prefer to play cards in a more social sort of environment it seems so i didn't stick with the online cards.

usually i spend my cyber time, here on cr. my son returned his xbox360 cos there was a major fault, with them and we sent it back and we were given a new xbox360 in its place.

good for him. i was hoping that HDDVD would win out in the BluRay/HDDVD competition but, alas, BluRay has won and so i would have been in the position of having to get a BluRay player anyways.. getting the ability to play games is a bonus :)

metta,

~v

Recently I picked up steam and I've been playing more games over that lately. Some TF2 and C:SS but actually the majority of my steam gaming has been in 2 HL2 mods. One is called Insurgency and the other is called Age of Chivalry.

I played Runescape for a while, until a kid 1/3 of my age started writing poems to me. I stopped playing for a year or so, but now sometimes I play with my teen-aged nephew.
I play "Vampires- the Dark Alleyway" & from time to time, "Jennifer Government".
I occasionally play games at MiniClip, GameScene, or PopCap Games.

I played Runescape for a while, until a kid 1/3 of my age started writing poems to me. I stopped playing for a year or so, but now sometimes I play with my teen-aged nephew.
I play "Vampires- the Dark Alleyway" & from time to time, "Jennifer Government".
I occasionally play games at MiniClip, GameScene, or PopCap Games.

lol, a few of my female RS friends have similar stories. I have a strict policy of only having adults on my friends list, the only exceptions are the children of friends. I play the game to unwind and 'not think' and the last thing I want is to be pestered by demanding kids. 95% of my time there I actually play on stealth mode and am secreted away at the very highest level areas, so I am rarely bothered b anyone :p

Back