Here I am, let the party begin!

John Grey

Omnitheist
Reaction score
Hrm. This place is lacking a mirror-ball. That's okay, because my God wears sequins! Actually God doesn't... But wouldn't it be funny if God did?

Hello everyone. Why don't we all introduce ourselves in this thread, in a nervous, self-help-meeting sorta way? Wouldn't that be fun?

I guess I'll go first: Hello, my name is John, and I am an Omnitheist. The term "omnitheist" is somewhat of a new term that only a few people have latched on to, so far; it basically means I believe all manners of spiritual experience are valid. I live in an anonymous east coast city in North America with my increasingly annoyed wife, and my cat, of whom I will someday make a delicious dish. That is, if my wife would let me... which she wouldn't.

In any case, its your turn! Be sure to admit something embarrassing about yourself that I can use as blackmail later on! :D

Hrm. This place is lacking a mirror-ball. That's okay, because my God wears sequins! Actually God doesn't... But wouldn't it be funny if God did?

How strange... I like to picture jesus as a figure dancer... Dressed up all in white with sequins and dancing out the tale of my life.... Small world.

Welcome to CR, John Grey. :)

So there is a party in the newsroom here. And someone left a disco ball outside the door because I said something about the place looking shabby. So maybe that was you?

But if you come to the party, you have to leave those ideas about cats behind. It is all explained in the thread.

Embarassing fact about myself which will do you little good when contemplating blackmail: Contrary to popular belief, I don't embarass all that easily. :D

InPeace,
InLove

Hi John and welcome to CR,

Pussy cats a protected species round here.....tread carefully :p

TE

Namaste John,

We were waitin for a nother excuse to party...

Welcome to you, your wife and shish-kabob.

Now that I know I just won't eat the egg rolls.

Ah-ha!! Welcome, John the Omnitheist. You are a welcome replacement to John the Baptist, who ran out screaming something about the End of the World and Saving All Souls from Eternal Torment sometime in late April. Apparently he just couldn't handle the heat.

It's good to see someone else who is tempted to, on occasion, dress their god in drag. You and I have that similarity, although I would never roast and eat a cat. I have been known to work out the natted and knotted fur of my cat while watching a movie, though, if that makes you feel more at home. As my fiance says, I pull the cat's hair out. I am not proud and am trying to stop, but it's just one of those things, like picking a scab--a scab that doesn't belong to you.

Mmmmmmmright. I've said too much again, haven't I? Tee-hee.

I'm the resident Post-Punk Flower Child Anarchist around here, and although I try to restrain myself from throwing molitov cocktails, sometimes my temper gets the upper hand and my verbs and nouns explode in angry heretical bits.

I've never used the term Omnitheist before, yet I've been (and I am) a Christian, a Buddhist, a Pagan, a New-Ager, and one of those Western Wannabe Hindu types who align themselves with a Guru and practice yoga asanas and whisper mantras in their sleep. I also dance (glad you brought a disco ball), write, drink coffee, make music, garden, cook, draw, and paint.

I just had a birthday. You should have seen my cake, it was awesome and I blew all the candles out in one breath but forgot to make a wish. Sometimes I'm flighty and have a hard time setting priorities. I do learn from mistakes. Next year I'll know: make wish, then blow out candles.

Peace,
Pathless

So many cat lovers here! I guess no one here has tried it with a little garlic and butter... it just melts in your mouth. AND of course I'm discussing how to prepare feline with my own furry little one nuzzling up at my chin; I suppose that irony isn't lost on anyone here.

Just how am I going to blackmail you people if you don't give me any juicy information? I need to make a living here, too, you know? The very least you could do is make something up for me, so I wouldn't have to do it myself... Preferably something that would make for good viewing on Jerry Springer; God knows he could use some new material! :rolleyes:

With all tom-foolery aside, I'm glad to be here, and thank you for your welcome. :)

Peace,
Pathless

Wow. You're much better at this introduction thing than I am... I hadn't even revealed that much about myself, and this is my introduction thread! I here-by move that Pathless writes everyones introduction for them, even making up the dirty-bits so I have some blackmail material! I mean - picking other people's scabs! NOW that's something I can work with! :p

Just how am I going to blackmail you people if you don't give me any juicy information?
Give being the operative word here....we've already given you all the juicy tidbits you need....the forum is full as you delve into the threads you'll have more than enough...

But you are actually looking for this info to be served on a silver platter for the newbie who likes cats....so you talk about cooking your pet while nuzzlin ain't no different from the pig farmer cullin out the right sizes to head to market, those that pay the most per pound...or the cattle rancher splittin the herd to head to the box car...Most carnivores aren't too concerned to talk about recipes around the main course.

Hi and welcome to CR. :)

I would describe myself as spontaneous, but not readily combustible. At the moment I’m spontaneously taciturn.

See if you can guess the name of my cat.

s.

I don't have a cat, though i do like them.

Hi John and welcome to whatever this place is here. I'm relatively new here myself and find that they're a nice enough group.

A

I'm relatively new here myself and find that they're a nice enough group.
A

Everyone says that. . . . . . . . . . .at first. . . . . .lulls you into a false sense of security ... then....BAM!!

s.

I'm just trying to give John a good impression. First impressions count..... ahem

Are there many Omnitheist here?

He started this thread like a self help councilling session....getting info ...like...(suspicious)

Everyone says that. . . . . . . . . . .at first. . . . . .lulls you into a false sense of security ... then....BAM!!
I'll give you bam, that'll be just about enough outta you...back to your room.

Just need to make an adjustment to the medication John, pay no attention to them.

Funnier in fact is that I have incredibly funny stories about a friend with your exact name...

but I shant tell tales out of school. Welcome to the fun house!

gday john. welcome. hello to all as well. I've had a bit a computer malfunction and havent been able to respond of late, but thank Me its all fixed. (for now) Your grey and I'm a greymare.(creepy) I reckon your cats name is something highly original like Pussywussypooobear. We cant have a cat because my dogs wouldnt share it very well. As for something embarassing, well, when I went to a disco in my younger days. I was trying to impress this boy and I was dancing up a storm on the dance floor and everyone was watching me. I was looking pretty hot in my new skirt, blouse high leather boots (it was the 80s and I was only 12 ) then I realised that my skirt was tucked into my knickers at the back and everyone could see my undies. Needless to say, I didnt make a very good impression on that boy. Gee I feel better now, getting that off my chest. thanks

Greetings John - thanks for the intro. My God occasionally wears sequins. He always looks good in them though, I'm sure. ;)

Best Wishes ...... Neemai

Back