catholics

B

BANGLER

I have recently been baptised into the catholic way of life,Now i go to church every sunday and i find it utterly boring,i cant stop yawning!What do other people think?

I have recently been baptised into the catholic way of life,Now i go to church every sunday and i find it utterly boring,i cant stop yawning!What do other people think?
What was it that made you decide to be baptized?

What makes you go every Sunday?

Seems like you may be attending church....but have not discovered the Catholic way of life.

I'm not Catholic but have attended some services and find it all intriguing, if I were to explore Catholicism I'd want to find out what each and every ceremony that happens in the service is, and what it comes from...

welcome to the faith! lol...

almost everyone finds mass boring, especially the priests, who recite mass like its some dead thing... wait til u find a priest who actually believes in what he says-then mass is a great thing...

jesus never went to mass...

LMMFAO Then why get baptised??? I can't help but see the stupidity, I'm sorry.. You know what you were getting into... It's your own fault. What do other people think? We think "why?" You obviously haven't a grasp of what it means to be a catholic... You're looking for Disney land, not heaven. ;) I think in the christian faith baptisim is like a contract lol... An agreement between the person and jesus... Something you shouldn't enter into lightly.... I think you should figure out what you are about before making false half assed comitments.... :)

Love and kisses!

A bunch of whiney little kids that want this, they want that, and this and that... waaah waah, freaking, wah..... Vomit and coke spilt all over the floor.... People dressed like idiots in disney character suits for small wage packages.... No.. It's not heaven.... It, is hell...

Hi Bangler —

Baptism isn't the end, it's the beginning ... you haven't arrived, you've taken the first step. So here the journey begins ... collar your priest, 'what does this mean, what does that mean, why this, why that?'

I'll help (as a Catholic) where I can.

almost everyone finds mass boring, especially the priests, who recite mass like its some dead thing...

Oooh, Francis! You can be such a skeptic at times ...

wait til u find a priest who actually believes in what he says - then mass is a great thing...
Indeed.

jesus never went to mass...

Jesus is the mass.

Thomas

Hi BANGLER. Welcome to C-R. :)

I am not Catholic with a big "C". But I am a musician, and I have had the opportunity to play at many a Catholic wedding. Man, are they long or what?? :D That said, I have found them beautiful and intriguing, and this alone served to peek my interest so that I decided I wanted to attend Mass. I said this to a fellow musician, who happened to be a member of the Church where we played a wedding one day. He, along with several other of his friends asked me why I would want to do that, considering how boring it was and no one understood the Latin and etc. Kind of like what you said. But it didn't change my mind. It only made me determined to try and understand more, including the Latin. I still don't attend a Catholic church (I'm not even sure I qualify, lol), but I have since found much to appreciate. And I'm an old Protestant now, I guess, but I don't protest so much anymore....:)

InPeace,
InLove

A bunch of whiney little kids that want this, they want that, and this and that... waaah waah, freaking, wah..... Vomit and coke spilt all over the floor.... People dressed like idiots in disney character suits for small wage packages.... No.. It's not heaven.... It, is hell...

Poor Bangler made his/her first post and Karim his second post and they are subjected to your touretes bit (no offense to people who really do suffer from touretes). When is someone going to make a smilie that blows raspberries? :p

Never mind 17th guys, he is a sweetie at heart, just has a verbal communication problem sometimes (and is a bit of an attention seeker when he feels out of the pie - but then who isn't) LOL :D

I go to Catholic church occassionally with my folks. I find it a good time and place to pray and be aware of the presense of God and this makes me feel ecstatic and I also enjoy the communal singing and speaking. Amen.

Poor Bangler made his/her first post and Karim his second post and they are subjected to your touretes bit (no offense to people who really do suffer from touretes).

Please explain. When you make an assinine statement as your first (and possibly only) post, I don't think they expect anything less. Actually it is kind of defenseless.

My name is Karen. I am not sure what you are saying. (or maybe they are unrelated and your talking about something else.) As of this writing, it (no offense, just un sure) has only posted once.

Poor Bangler made his/her first post and Karim his second post and they are subjected to your touretes bit (no offense to people who really do suffer from touretes). When is someone going to make a smilie that blows raspberries? :p

Never mind 17th guys, he is a sweetie at heart, just has a verbal communication problem sometimes (and is a bit of an attention seeker when he feels out of the pie - but then who isn't) LOL :D

There are no communication problems here.... He took an oath to god as a catholic and now complains.... There is a stupidity problem here.... How am I an attention seeker, for just acting how I act, which tends to be -very- different than the trend/norm of this site, which of course will make me stand out, but pft I am not one to blend in and change who I is.....

But ok... Bangler.... Welcome, to the site..... *tries to smile but fails terribly than offers you a thumbs up instead.*

And if you ARE speaking of me, why is that significant?

Never mind, Muslim women, I think I see who you are talking about.

M.W.-Why do you feel it necessary to defend a one-time poster and in doing so put down an established member who is expressing a valid point of view?

Last edited:
Please explain. When you make an assinine statement as your first (and possibly only) post, I don't think they expect anything less. Actually it is kind of defenseless.

I am delighted to hear that you are the judge of what can and cannot be defended, your sainthood is no doubt in the post. But for us mere mortals, many people convert to a new religion and it is only after they convert they see that not all is as it first seemed. You may love going to mass and feel uplifted and thoroughly awake but just because someone else is honest enough to say they find it boring does not make their comment assanine.

My name is Karen. I am not sure what you are saying. (or maybe they are unrelated and your talking about something else.) As of this writing, it (no offense, just un sure) has only posted once.

The post I referred to was by Karim, so I was not talking to or about you. It is nice to know your name but is the first time I have heard it, so was unaware you may think I was talking about or to you.

I was talking to 17th, which is why I quoted his post. IMHO Bangler has been baptised into a new religion and is struggling to find his way, as most converts do. We (converts) study for our new role and enjoy all the joys that it brings, the promise of fulfullment. Yet, what we often fail to appreciate is that the hard work begins after conversion. Maybe Bangler came to CR to get support and a better understanding of his new faith? Should this not then be met with patience, support and understanding?

There are no communication problems here.... He took an oath to god as a catholic and now complains.... There is a stupidity problem here.... How am I an attention seeker, for just acting how I act, which tends to be -very- different than the trend/norm of this site, which of course will make me stand out, but pft I am not one to blend in and change who I is.....

But ok... Bangler.... Welcome, to the site..... *tries to smile but fails terribly than offers you a thumbs up instead.*

You are such a hoot. :p (I know I am an old fuddy duddy). I love that you are different and speak your mind, I just can't help defending the underdog - it's in my nature. How is there a stupidity problem? There are things in my new faith that I struggle with, it does not invalidate my commitment to Allah, it just means I am human. Hey hats off to the guy/girl for honesty, let's be honest most rituals can be boring.

M.W.-Why do you feel it necessary to defend a one-time poster and in doing so put down an established member who is expressing a valid point of view?

So is a one time posters view less valid than anyone else?

The answer is that I will always defend the underdog, no matter what age, colour, religion, etc, it is just who I am.

Back