why doesnt god show up

and tell us the deal to our face, not after we die when it is too late?

Perhaps, he is sick and enjoys watching his people stumble and fall like blind idiots?

Perhaps, to get help you need to ask for it?

Perhaps, it isn't too late?

Perhaps, he has? But, you fail to see this?

Perhaps, your god is dead?

In the misquoted words of Bono (U2): "He moves in mysterious ways"

God once spoke to me through the TV, and another time through a poster on a wagon during a late night journey home. I also saw Him once while on holiday, when He appeared on cue during a slideshow on the crown jewels.

Om shalom :cool:

In the misquoted words of Bono (U2): "He moves in mysterious ways"

God once spoke to me through the TV, and another time through a poster on a wagon during a late night journey home. I also saw Him once while on holiday, when He appeared on cue during a slideshow on the crown jewels.

Om shalom :cool:

I think I kicked that guy in the nuts once ;\

Gentlemen.

Revelry is fine when kept within acceptable parameters. Here is not acceptable. Please refrain.

v/r

Q

Gentlemen.

Revelry is fine when kept within acceptable parameters. Here is not acceptable. Please refrain.

v/r

Q

Yeah, grow up and behave yourselves.... Children...... :rolleyes:

Don't worry I've got your back Q.

I feel as if I should throw something of relevance here... Hebrews 13:2... Can that also be turned to not speak of angels, but, of god itself? Why doesn't he show up? How do you know he hasn't?

why doesnt god show up

draw close to God and he will draw close to you, but dont shove him away when he shows himself:)

easy as that:)

One reason he doesnt show up is because he doesnt exist.

You are worthy, Jehovah, even our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they existed and were created.”revelation 4;11

Long ago you laid the foundations of the earth itself,
And the heavens are the work of your hands.psalm102 25​

You are worthy, Jehovah, even our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they existed and were created.”revelation 4;11

Long ago you laid the foundations of the earth itself,
And the heavens are the work of your hands.psalm102 25​

yes, praise jesus christ the lord. he is coming again with glory, honor and power.

Allah is The Lord of Jesus.

We muslims fear God and love Him, as the prophets peace be upon them and the angels do.

It is something natural that we fear Allah and love Him.

Allah is The Owner of Majesty and Nobility, All The Majesty is Allah's.

The Majesty cause fear and cause attraction toward It.

So, we bow down for Allah due to fear, and we bow down for Allah due to love.

That is The True Lordship

Allah said what means:
40. But as for him who feared standing before his Lord, and restrained himself from impure evil desires, and lusts.
41. Verily, Paradise will be his abode.

If I choose to be away from The Peace (my Lord Allah), then I should blame myself.

Allah is The Lord of Jesus.

I find that a bit insulting.

We are fearfully and wonderfully made. Arrogance is not pleasing to God. Step in front of him, not proudly, but humbly. No ones force is dear to God.

One reason he doesnt show up is because he doesnt exist.

The fool says in his heart- There is no God.

As for the individual who started this thread.

I don't think you quiet understand the true nature of God. He is everywhere. You don't have to go very far to find him. Look for him, open your eyes, mind, and heart and you will find him.

"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England"- C.S. Lewis

yes, praise jesus christ the lord. he is coming again with glory, honor and power.

psalm 83;18 that men may know that you whose name is JEHOVAH are the most high over all the earth

and Jehovah HAS given Jesus rulership,dignity,and kingdom , As it informs us in Daniel 7;13-14.
yes the most high the ANCIENT OF DAYS has done these things .

“I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One. 14 And to him there were GIVEN rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him. His rulership is an indefinitely lasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be brought to ruin.

I find that a bit insulting.

109. On the Day when Allâh will gather the Messengers together and say to them: "What was the response you received (from men to your teaching)? They will say: "We have no knowledge, verily, only You are the All ­Knower of all that is hidden (or unseen, etc.)."

110. (Remember) when Allâh will say (on the Day of Resurrection). "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Remember My Favour to you and to your mother when I supported you with the holy spirit so that you spoke to the people in the cradle and in maturity; and when I taught you writing, the wisdom, the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel); and when you made out of the clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My Permission, and you breathed into it, and it became a bird by My Permission, and you healed those born blind, and the lepers by My Permission, and when you brought forth the dead by My Permission; and when I restrained the Children of Israel from you (when they resolved to kill you) since you came unto them with clear proofs, and the disbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.' "

111. And when I (Allâh) put in the hearts of Al-Hawârîeen (the disciples) [of 'Iesa (Jesus)] to believe in Me and My Messenger, they said: "We believe. And bear witness that we are Muslims."

112. (Remember) when Al-Hawârîûn (the disciples) said: "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Can your Lord send down to us a table spread (with food) from heaven?" 'Iesa (Jesus) said: "Fear Allâh, if you are indeed believers."

113. They said: "We wish to eat thereof and to be stronger in Faith, and to know that you have indeed told us the truth and that we ourselves be its witnesses."

114. 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Allâh, our Lord! Send us from heaven a table spread (with food) that there may be for us - for the first and the last of us - a festival and a sign from You; and provide us sustenance, for You are the Best of sustainers."

115. Allâh said: "I am going to send it down unto you, but if any of you after that disbelieves, then I will punish him with a torment such as I have not inflicted on anyone among (all) the 'Alamîn (mankind and jinns)."

116. And (remember) when Allâh will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: 'Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allâh?' " He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner­self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All­Knower of all that is hidden and unseen.

117. "Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allâh) did command me to say: 'Worship Allâh, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world).

118. "If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the All­ Mighty, the All­ Wise."

119. Allâh will say: "This is a Day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise) - they shall abide therein forever. Allâh is pleased with them and they with Him. That is the great success (Paradise).

120. To Allâh belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is therein, and He is Able to do all things.

and if you are one of those who refuse the truth, then see from the bible:

"Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord."
[The Bible, Mark 12:29]

Also, Consider the following incident mentioned in the Bible:

"And behold, one came and said unto him, ‘Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?’
And he said unto him, ‘Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.’ "
[The Bible, Mathew 19:16-17]

Why doesn't God show up...

...and tell us the deal to our face, not after we die when it is too late?

A simple question requires a simple answer...

Dying is not too late...Jesus overcame death and so will we.

To have a full understanding of life one must have a knowledge of Good and Evil...

God is not stupid, He had a grand and eternal purpose in mind for making mankind.

God has many attributes, powers, knowledge, etc., that obviously mankind DOES NOT. But, God DOES WANT us to have those same attributes, especially LOVE!

Qualities of character such as Love are not instantaneously created, they must be developed. That development takes a creation, circumstances, and time. And so, God creates all these things necessary for their development.

Although God is GOOD, He nonetheless has a knowledge and understanding of both good AND EVIL. And so we TOO must come to an understanding of both good and evil. Why? Because ALL KNOWLEDGE hinges on their proper understanding. People say things without ever realizing how stupid or impossible their thoughts or statements are. Most Christians suppose that if Adam and Eve had not sinned, then we all would STILL, right now, be enjoying the beautiful life of happiness and bliss in a fabulous garden of Eden. NOT SO!!! Adam and Eve did NOT appreciate what they had with God in the garden before they sinned. They had NO CONTRAST to compare it with.

Now here is a key piece of understanding and wisdom. God wants CHILDREN. God is building a FAMILY. Children are to grow up and have the attributes of their parents. But these things must be LEARNED BY EXPERIENCE! Not only didn't Adam and Eve appreciate what they had, they ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT have appreciated what they had, because they experienced ONLY GOOD.

Try to come up with even ONE VIRTUE, such as love, patience, honesty, goodness, faithfulness, loyalty, obedience, bravery, etc., etc., etc., ANYTHING of a virtuous nature, that does not involve the overcoming of SOME FORM OF EVIL! There is you answer! There IS NO VIRTUE, NO CHARACTER, NO STABILITY of any kind in any one, except he overcomes some form of EVIL.

The answer is not so simple as I thought. Besides I always have so much to say!

Almost everything in the entire Bible is SPIRITUALLY discerned.

Jesus taught in parables so that his listeners in public would NOT understand a thing He was saying. He had to teach the meaning of these parables to His disciples in private.

"Therefore speak I to them in parables, because they seeing, see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah… for this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should BE CONVERTED, AND I SHOULD HEAL [SAVE] THEM" (Verses 13-15).

God cannot just show up because we are not ready for Him. Parables are Words of Spirit which most do not understand...But we will...

"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the Last Adam [Jesus Christ] was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is NATURAL; and afterward that which is SPIRITUAL" (I Cor. 15:45-46).

"It is sown [first] a NATURAL BODY [a physical body which dies]; it is raised [afterward] a SPIRITUAL BODY [which is made immortal and never dies]…" (I Cor. 15:44).

"Who shall change our [first] VILE BODY, that it may be fashioned like unto His [afterward] GLORIOUS BODY…" (Phil. 3:21).

"If I have told you EARTHLY things [first], and you believe not, how shall you believe, if I tell you of HEAVENLY [spiritual] things [afterward]?" (John 3:12).

This goes in cohesion with what I said in the last post...

Though a note of warning [contrary to Christian belief] this does not mean we go to Heaven when we die (no, I am not a JW). Only that which came from Heaven goes to Heaven.

Back