If you were to die right now...

Chris,

Reguarding your comments on your brother Mark.....
I sensed in his PM to me that he knew full well his time was short and he had some things he wanted to say. During his last days he displayed a love that could only come from beyond the surface of his perceived belief system by others. Perhaps you are analysing him more from the view of the world of effects rather than source? His life was, in my view, perfect and it could have been no other way than what it was. His timing was in line with divine order.

Just a view to consider,

Love and Peace,
JM

Oh Chris.. My heart hurts I wish I could share my measure of faith with you. There IS a Spirit world and God allows some people to see it. My Mom was allowed to see my father after he passed during a prayer between her the funeral director and my Aunt.. My mom wanted to see my dad before they cremated him and they tried very hard to not let her and finally convinced her to pray about it and if she still needed to see him than they wouldnt argue.

During the prayer she saw him in his new body in all his new glory.. He wasnt emaciated he had long white hair (my dad was bald) his eyes were like fire.. and he said two words "No Babe" then he said to her mind "it will hurt you". Chris she came out of that prayer crying and laughing and she no longer needed to see his body..

Something happened again about 2 years ago.. my grandfather had just died minutes earlier.. and she was standing outside praising the Lord because he was now with his Lord and a dove flew up into the sky and a song entered her mind that she had never heard "on the wings of a dove" She went and told my grandmother and my aunt and my grandmother told her that had been Grandpas favorite hymn.

I know SDA doesnt believe we have spirits.. thats why I quit attending that church because I know deep within myself that there IS a spirit world that its behind a veil that we cannot see but its more real than all this is. I so totally believe that when we are absent from the body we are present with the Lord.

Chris.. God loves you so much He is so real and He is so much closer than you even realize. You may not believe in Him but He so totally believes in you.

Hi Karen,

'Believing in the Holy Spirit and all that that entails' , is in my view, vague and leans on a belief system that is a more of a barrier to truth than truth, however, each to their own path and no offence meant here. (Just a different view)

Love and Peace,
Joe

I do not think God does "vague and lean."

Corinthians 4:13 It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken.With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak.

(this is longer than I meant to stay...)
Love, Karen

Also this...
We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.

Matt 28:18-20 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Vague? Pretty specific if you ask me.

Mark and I were groomed since birth to play an important role in the hierarchy of the SDA church. My father was very highly placed, and we were essentially little princes in waiting. In the last year of his life Mark decided to step into that role. I don't doubt his sincerity, but the fact is that a great deal of his motivation came from needing forgiveness for being a less than stellar father, needing my parents approval, wanting the attention which was his for the taking by accepting the role, and a need to make up for feelings of failure. Much of what he said here reflected his aspirations more than the reality of his life. He was not a vegetarian. He was not a strict sabbatarian. He was not even well versed in the theology he professed to believe. He had not made a serious, scholarly effort to understand the theological underpinnings of the dogma he accepted on faith. He took the easy way out all his life.

It is a great comfort to my parents that my brother came back to their religion and died an Adventist. They would like to use his death to pressure me to do the same. I'm not going to burst their bubble as far as he is concerned, and I'll accept the slings and arrows in silence to protect their feelings. I loved my brother more than life. I love him as much now as when he was alive. But I can't be dishonest with myself.

Chris
My brother Mark who you all know as Prober died in the night last night of a heart attack. He was 44.

Chris

I hunted down the thread where you first announced Mark's death. I don't think I can express anything more than regret over his death and must say I'm sorry for what happened, and even that I didn't say anything about it. During the month in which he died, I was rather busy. I was going to post something as tribute, but I was kind of lost for words . . . I didn't know what to write. At first I thought I knew him, but then I realised I didn't know that much about him at all. Hours became days. Days became weeks. Now it's been two months. I decided more or less that I had missed my chance.

What you've just said has helped remind me, to some extent of the person that he had been. I wanted to make it all fancy and meaningful, but this will have to do ...........

I saw him as a rather open-minded guy who embraced all faiths to some extent, and it did seem like he was also becoming "more pious" or "more reverent" although I had thought it was just a general trend of embracing the meaning of all faiths. I spent most of my time in the Belief/Spirituality and Abrahamic faith forums so there may have been a lot that I missed in other forums.

I do remember something he said about being vegetarian in one particular thread, that he believed God wanted him to abstain from meat. I expressed that although it may have been true, that hey, maybe God still didn't look down on non-vegetarians (and quoted a verse). He expressed agreement.

I still remember the "know thyself" motto he carried and thought of him as a "really spiritual guy" (whatever that may mean, I'm not so sure myself -- the word "spiritual" is all I can think of).

I remember vaguely something about a Sabbath, and even a discussion with dauer about masturbation (shabbos, was it?), where he said, "I know what I'll be doing this Saturday/Sunday." It may have been connected with the notion of Sabbath.

I remember one time, in response to one of my posts, he wrote a big Yes! in big bold print in affirmation of views to which he agreed. It made me feel good, but at the same time I was wondering what the message was -- he affirmed vegetarianism, the Sabbath, he went on the Judaism forum, affirmed their views -- he seemed like an all-rounder. The big Yes! made me feel all good inside and I kind of feel like I owe him this.

These were all just hints, but apart from that I didn't have much insight into his character -- just hints and signs.

The name "Prober" -- yes that was what I thought of him -- a prober!!!! Every time I saw his screen name that was what I thought -- he was probing again.

Several months before his death, his avatar changed to......a man in a hood?

He was not even well versed in the theology he professed to believe. He had not made a serious, scholarly effort to understand the theological underpinnings of the dogma he accepted on faith. He took the easy way out all his life.

I had no idea he became an SDA -- that that was the reason behind a lot of what he said.............perhaps making peace with everyone. Maybe he knew his time was short and wanted to make the most of everything he had ever seen and known. SDA was perhaps never really the highest concept in his life, he was only doing it because it was important to his/your parents.

Anyway, thanks for sharing that with us.

Regards,

Salty.

Matt 28:18-20 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Vague? Pretty specific if you ask me.

Hello Karen,

You are correct. Your quotations are not vague. I apoligize for my unclear communications. Sorry... I meant vague in the respect of your statement "in all that entails" is not clear in meaning or application. I repeat, Your quotations are not vague at all. However, whether they are accurate and true is based on one's belief that the Bible is totally accurate as presently written in which my view may differ but that is the subject of another thread.

Love and Peace,
JM

PMSL @ 17th, another devasting avatar! Hee hee hee. I haven't logged in for ages and it was a nice surprise!

Everyone now and then I have had encounters with people who consider themselves Christian and will ask me the question, "If you were to die right now, do you know where you will go?"

I remember my Christian friend telling me that a person can never know where they are going to go after they die in Christianity no matter what.

I am assuming that these people just ask this question because they want to present Jesus Christ as a way to salvation.

But, is it true that no matter where you look in Christianity, as far as Christianity is concerned, across the boards, nobody ever gets to know what happens to them after they die. They simply believe in Jesus, but although they believe, they do not know.

What is the Christian perspective, can you ever "know"?

Remember the "thief" hanging to the right of Jesus on the cross? He said, "please remember me Lord". Jesus replied, "you will be with me in paradise this very day".

When I die, I am on my way to heaven.

I am reminded of a story told on an old tv show called "Twilight Zone", wherein an old man dies and finds himself walking up a lane with a faithful dog that had died with him. The two find themselves at a lovely gate and enquire of the gatekeeper if this is where they are supposed to go in.

The gate keeper says "you are certainly welcome, but we do not accept dogs". Well the old man gets incensed and says that any place that don't accept his faithful dog, ain't worth going into...so they move on up the lane, and loe and behold they come up to an identical gate...

Asking the same question, the gatekeeper says "Both of you have been expected, and we became concerned that you might have tried to go through the wrong gate, but we see that your dog once again came to your aid...welcome home."

Moral of the story, we don't sleep in dusty boxes, nor do we stick around. We go to heaven or to hell, and sometimes prayers or influence from others nudge us in the right direction.

v/r

Q

Back