13/31

• Thread starter Eclectic Mystic
  • Start date
Flow - I can't hear you, you keep breaking up.......

s.

please humbly accept my apologies for my part in ribbing and hazing the new guy...
I think that is actually the point, we are amongst friends here. Sure we have our differences but we put up with each other better than family in most cases. But our eclectic mystic essentially just wandered in... without being overly sensitive, we were a little over the top.

Judging by his reaction he took it in stride....but he doesn't know us like we think we know each other. I know that I've touched a nerve completely unintentionally before...being cyber connections we truly don't know where folks sensitive buttons are.

I truly think it a shame when we can't get folks to play fair, D1 out of the box was on a mission and despite many efforts to establish communication it didn't get through...

Namaste Eclectic Mystic, welcome to the boards and glad to have you part of the learning curve.

Hey there Pathless :)

I sure hope you did not take my comments as a personal attack on you. They were not meant that way, just a general mini-rant regarding an issue that does tend to get under my skin every time it happens.

Since I have been here in C-R, there has only been a tiny handful of posters that have been banned, and, in my opinion, they were given an extraordinary amount of leeway before that happened. But despite the courtesies and benefit of the doubt extended to them and the disruption they continued to cause, it seems there are always sympathizers who take it upon themselves to campaign on the behalf of these folks, characterizing them as victims of intolerance. And that just doesn’t make any sense to me. The victims are the members of this community, established ones or new ones, who utilize this site for the intended purposes. When someone comes in and rides roughshod all over everyone else, I have a difficult time being sympathetic.

I know this may sound hokey, but I have this little vision in my head: Someday, in the distant future, there may be an explorer of some kind or a class full of history students who may read the words we write here. (I did say it was hokey!) If it is full of one person’s views or nothing but quotes from some other time, or even just an ongoing slew of insults and condemnation, what will those people from another time learn about us? Even if that doesn’t happen, C-R is still a place for many of us to interact and learn within the framework of a certain amount of civility and sensitivity. And there are members out there who have yet to join—if I had run across this website during some of the “invasions” I have witnessed, I know I would not have signed up. Not only this, but I want to know that when I occasionally recommend C-R to someone, they can come and check it out without constantly encountering a big mess!

And thanks everyone for the support. I really was beginning to wonder if I deserved the badge of the intolerant!

InPeace,
InLove

Last edited:
Why would people join a moderated forum with an established Code of Conduct, and then proceed to ignore the requests of not only the site administrators, but also numerous individual members? I can think of only one reason—their interest in the community is minimal but for purposes of their own, whatever they may be.

Not team players like you an I... Not team players!!!! Want shootin'!

just a thought I had... if dattaswami got booted for cutting and pasting, why are the theosophists not similarly ejected? and while we're at it, there's quite a few christians here who do exactly the same thing... mmm... interesting...

just a thought I had... if dattaswami got booted for cutting and pasting, why are the theosophists not similarly ejected? and while we're at it, there's quite a few christians here who do exactly the same thing... mmm... interesting...
Ah hell, I know what we can do. Let's have Brian give each and every one of us administrator rights to C-R. Then you can kick out whomever you don't feel really belongs here. So Francis, you can just boot all the Theosophists, and anyone whom you feel has quoted the Holy Bible one time too many for your fancy. :(

goat.jpgscapegoat.gif

Oh brother. As if any of those posters do it on the same level. As if all of those posters combined do it on the same level.

Francis King said:

Hi Francis :). What dattaswami1 was doing was flooding the boards with 30 to 60 posts a day. Everything he posted was cut-and-paste. Not quite the same thing. Hope that helps.

InPeace,
InLove

oooooh watch out! She's got the spoon! She's got that spoon an she is gonna stttttttttttttttttttttir it up!!!! OH ya!

If just one of us "goes missing" then we are all disabled.

Yep, which is why if a regular beloved wants to leave they must now request, in triplicate with appropriate authorisation and give 10 years notice to quit. :p

I still miss Prober!

Oh yeah. At least we can comfort ourselves with the knowledge that he is in a place where such trivial things mean nothing. May G-d bless him with peace.:)

Namaste Francis,

Your point is not without some validity. InLove pointed out the numerous posts, more egregious was the numerous threads without a question or opening for discussion simply cutting and pasting away...not only here but on many other forums. But worse yet, after numerous attempts by mods from all the forums to enter into conversation, by asking politely to discuss not cut and paste, to take part not simply blast....this fell on deaf ears.

Yes we have Christians and Theosophists who cut and paste, most of us do at one point in time or another....but we also entertain discussion and relate some of our own ideas and thoughts. Heck we don't want anyone retyping War and Peace to provide us with some background, but in my example nor do we want the whole text slammed into us post after post.

Oh and if anyone feels a need to communicate with D1 simply google him, you'll find him out there in cyberspace...maybe you can strike up a conversation...

Who was ever in favor of banning him?
When he was repeatedly asked to cease and desist and did not, would not. When told the repercussions of simply starting one thread after another and responding to posts with prewritten responses and not dialogue the following was one of many PMs, posts, and reports that were taken into consideration.
13:31 This is the ratio of New Threads by members other than dattaswami1 to total New Threads in my search.

Just FYI....

I was. :)

I sent a message, it was ignored, and our latest "modern day prophet" decided to continue regardless.

dattaswami has left the building - another bloody "modern prophet". Despite my previous PM to him, he saw fit to start almost 50 threads over 24 hours. Removed pretty much everything I could find, along with 30+ posts, which all were nothing more than copy/pastes from his personal treatise on life, in order to help teach us why we're all dumb and he's so enlightened. Bloody moron.

Anyway...any more offending threads, let me know, and I'll remove them.
Why not just move those posts and threads out of harm's way to a section where others could review them too? That way we could all see your judgment and agree or disagree with you on whether or not the guy was a 'modern day prophet'. :) I'm not saying the alleged delinquent should not have been banned, I'm just interested in what the alleged delinquent had to say.

Back