smoking

well done! please let us know how different Ramadan is experienced smoke free..am still on the one or two roll ups a day :eek:

Don't knock it one or two a day is a great improvement, well done. ;)

Ramadan was fantastic as a non smoker, that desperation to get the day over with so I could have a *** was gone and I could concentrate on my studies. I also enjoyed the cooking because I could actually smell the spices and when we broke fast I could taste the food.

Am delighted to report I am still a non smoker :D

Hi everybody,

I am a smoker and I have to admit that smoking not only affects the balance of our body but also our mood.It is truth that it "helps" when you are under pressure,it can though make you feel depressed without a reasonable explanation....

Hi everybody,

I am a smoker and I have to admit that smoking not only affects the balance of our body but also our mood.It is truth that it "helps" when you are under pressure,it can though make you feel depressed without a reasonable explanation....

I have -never- felt depressed while smoking. LACK of smoking sure, but there is a reasonable explanation for that... lol Addicted to the damn things ;)

smoking should b permitted in public places

You know it ;)

Well my experience with smoking comes with smoking marijuana. While nothing is said about this specifically in Scripture, it is nevertheless a form of intoxication.

It's origins go back to Egypt, and psychedelic stuff is often used to commune with spirits, so lately I am trying to quit.

Anything can be abused. Nothing that God created is inherently evil.

It's said that all civilizations had three basic things in common in some form: Religion, prostitution, and some way to get f*cked up.

Chris

Well my experience with smoking comes with smoking marijuana. While nothing is said about this specifically in Scripture, it is nevertheless a form of intoxication.

It's origins go back to Egypt, and psychedelic stuff is often used to commune with spirits, so lately I am trying to quit.

Anything can be abused. Nothing that God created is inherently evil.

With control and moderation weed is fine in my books. *shrugs* Anything I guess could be fine with control and moderation, weed, drink... Candyfloss.. Whatever it is you are consuming, when it turns and it is you that is being consumed by it, then it is time to take a look and see what is going on.

I watch this show called Star Trek and it is currently on the Deep Space Nine seasons, and there is this episode where a Ferengi called Quark who is always out to make profit and take advantage of people in business deals gets warped back in time to what '47? Where there was the Roswell "weather balloon" incident.. Great episode but there is this quote of his: "If they'll buy poison, they'll buy anything". And many other references and even though I am a smoker when he says it lol it makes me sound insane to keep such a habit lol. Anyway there was many good points worth discussion but the cigarette bit a thought to ponder.

Not easy is it? Been quit almost 6 years and still could smoke one as tall as the Empire State building right now...

if i am a slave to the bible it is good to know that putting the bible and its ways into pratice leads to everlasting life . being a slave to smoking addiction would be a bit different . WHAT DOES IT SAY ON THE PACK?;)

Actually? It is like an internet download booster pack :)

The pack clearly indicates that it is a speedy route to whatever after-life paradigm you subscribe! It is the fast track to death! Add some liquor in there to and destroy your liver! (ok ok being obnoxious....)

Serious:

My 1st cigarette was a MORE. I was 8 or 9 it was 1978 and it was given to me by a completely fantastic and over the top wacky lady who was employed by my family. (I know, right?) It was in the car outside of my house as she was dropping me off.

I stole my 2nd cigarette, a Newport, from the housekeeper a few months later...and so forth and so on. I quit several times throughout my life, but it did not stick until, well, the last time. (2000?)

I wont lecture anyone. One quits when one is ready. And yes, it is about craving in all forms. It would be wise to consider that grasping at the concept of quitting and wanting to be tobacco-free is craving as well. :)

Bhairava

If you can afford it, Nico-derm really helps helps helps while you are quitting. This goes especially for heavy smokers who will likely experience a serious drop in dopamine and other neuro-regulators. I think the craving isn't quite as influential as the dopamine imbalance.

"I wold not be in a folis paradyce."
--Romeo and Juliet 1592 by Shakespeare

"Oh, Dopio, dopio wherefore art thou, Dopio?"
--Dopio and Juliet by some smoker somewhere 30,000 times per minute.

becoming a slave of smoking is very easy but quitting the same habit is very difficult. Just try who all are smoking. And if you can not quit it or you can not live without that for a single day that means you are a slave of smoking.

If anyone needs help feel free to come down to my pharmacy n I'll let my dispenser pump u full of synthetic nicotine.you'll b bouncing off the walls.

Indeed. You also count with the support of other believers, and religion itself as a tool of self help and personal development.

Quit in the New Year. Now addiction to nicotine lozenges. :)

Back