smoking

I smoke Tobacco out of a pipe occasionally. I would suggest if someone smokes 2 or 3 packs of cigarettes a day then they should try to quit. By using nicotine patches, I heard they work.

Recently, I heard on news about the use of electronic cigarettes. I always thought that they contain small amount of nicotine, but there are also those types that has zero nicotine and uses flavourings instead. But the problem is can it stop "nicotine withdrawal"? For smokers, it's probably worth a try.

What is really great is a program I saw on TV about a drug/medicine that if taken, you'll suddenly feel bad taste of nicotine. Meaning your body or tongue will dislike the taste of nicotine. Now that's very promising! I forgot the name of this drug but if someone knew what I'm talking about, please share the name.

The tobacco sold today in shops is just poison. The real tobacco, smoked by the Indians in Americas prior Columbus was the real deal. Not the shit Philip Morris sells you.

Aren't the tobacco smoked by the Indians in Americas do not have filters? So it should mean they're a lot more hazardous. Can you tell us the main difference with modern tobacco vs. traditional tobacco?

Has anyone tried e-cigarette? Is it less harmful than actual smoking? Does it work to help quit? I don't smoke, but my brother does and I'm worried.

I read that there are concerns about the lack of regulatory oversight over the manufacturing process, marketing, and quality control. Does anyone know of a good trusted brand?

They just did a local news story in my area on E-cigs. Seems for at least some people e-cigs are serving as a catalyst to the real thing. In other words, some people are using them to start the habit rather than stopping it.

My brother already smokes heavily... one pack a day at least. If pure nicotine vapor is better than tobacco smoking, I think switching can be beneficial. But I read an article.

"Greek researchers asked 30 otherwise healthy smokers to try e-cigarettes, then watched to see what happened to the airways.
They didn't have to wait long: After just five minutes, the airways showed signs of inflammation, and breathing tests revealed that the passages were already undergoing constriction.
The researchers say more studies need to be done to see what this means over the long term, but do yourself a favor: Don't wait around to find out.
While short-term airway constriction and inflammation don't add up to rock-solid proof that e-cigs lead to long-term lung damage, it's not exactly an encouraging sign, is it?"

so I don;t know. I thought someone who actually tried it for a certain period could give me firsthand information.

"If pure nicotine vapor is better than tobacco smoking..."

--> That's like saying using clean heroin needles is better than using dirty heroin needles (which is true, it is better).

They just did a local news story in my area on E-cigs. Seems for at least some people e-cigs are serving as a catalyst to the real thing. In other words, some people are using them to start the habit rather than stopping it.

That is just propaganda to make you support the bans.

lol...smokers don't want to give up their cigs....

even their e-cigs...

more chemicals than they had before....no science on them yet....

who cares eh?

I hate cigarette smoke, feel it on the chest.
My sister starting smoking these ecigs, trying give up cigarettes.
The vapour from them doesn't bother me at all.
So I would definitely think not going to have the chest problems from them.
She does look for natural ingredients in the liquids.
They may not do any good, and may be found later on to have side affects. But just from the fumes and that it doesn't effect you chest like cigarettes, I think they are a better alternative if people must do that kind of thing.
I don't want to inhale cigarette smoke, and would support a full public ban.
But these ecigs don't bother me.

By a public ban I mean out in public, do want they want in their own homes, it doesn't affect me.
But it may be good in the long term if we did ban tobacco altogether, it certainly does nobody any good, but much harm. If we care about people's health and well being, get rid of the stuff, also save on medical care ans treatment, may have more funds then to help people with other illnesses

I think the right tack to to take on smoking, and other "social habits" that cause us all a lot of grief in the long run, is not to outright ban them but make those who partake/practice them pay the price of all the ills they can cause. If you love it enough to pay forward the statistically probable cost of it for yourself the rest of us then go ahead.

This has been pretty effective for tobacco products. I can attest that how much they cost was an important factor to my giving them up 11 years ago.
E-Cigs should be treated the same.

Everyone needs a vice account...

Instead of going into the general fund...taxes for diliterious products should go into a personal account... cigarettes, alcohol, marijuana, fast food, meat, potato chips etc.

then when we age and need a new heart...or to be put in a home because we are incapacitated there will be a fund we paid for...

Back