What is our best hope for Peace on Earth?

As long as people/nations are thinking in terms of "I, me and mine" (personally and nationally) it's hard to envisage a peaceful future. But then what is there that could bind the world population together, failing a global disaster?

Is it a question of education, or of a change of national political agendas?

I can't help but think that a lot of the problems with poverty and starvation around the world could be solved if they became the priority, instead of so much investment in warfare and weapons technologies. But realistically, without a real sense of global familiy, how would countries trust each other enough to work like this? Maybe it's too idealistic?

Om Shanti,

.... Neemai :)

that is just the point. our own hand can't save us. what makes us think that we can save ourselves? we have had countless opportunities to save ourselves and we have squandered them all. eventually opportunities will just run out and when they do, it will be too late for us to turn back. we are just too selfish for our own good...

17th,
lol Well, we on the whole are a hateful rabble of masters of destruction ;\

this reminds me of a little song called... wait for it...*james hetfield screams* sad but true!

As long as people/nations are thinking in terms of "I, me and mine" (personally and nationally) it's hard to envisage a peaceful future.

This indeed is the kernal of the problem, the delusion of separateness. :(

s.

As long as people/nations are thinking in terms of "I, me and mine" (personally and nationally) it's hard to envisage a peaceful future. But then what is there that could bind the world population together, failing a global disaster?

Is it a question of education, or of a change of national political agendas?

I can't help but think that a lot of the problems with poverty and starvation around the world could be solved if they became the priority, instead of so much investment in warfare and weapons technologies. But realistically, without a real sense of global familiy, how would countries trust each other enough to work like this? Maybe it's too idealistic?

Om Shanti,

.... Neemai :)

Well, I'm thinking that with all the food we try to give to some of the less fortuinate countires, the real obstical is keeping it from falling into the hands of greedy politicians or self serving rebels.

Best hope for peace on Earth? lol, that is so easy.... Eradication of a vile group of animals called humanity..

Geesh, you are such a serious person.

However, isn't this happening realatively quickly- Don't scientists give 120 years at best if Global warning..... 5,000 as the Y genome continues to break down?
The biosytem Earth will right itself. Either we find a way to live in peace and harmony or we will be kicked out of the system........

Geesh, you are such a serious person.

However, isn't this happening realatively quickly- Don't scientists give 120 years at best if Global warning..... 5,000 as the Y genome continues to break down?
The biosytem Earth will right itself. Either we find a way to live in peace and harmony or we will be kicked out of the system........

I am not really a serious person lol... Most of the time... I just kinda.... loathe humans lol..... Regarding global wamring and so on I have no idea I know nothing about it apart from what global warming means.... See I am not that serious of a person... But, yes I guess it is a concept showing what humanity can do.... Aren't we just so special? And we destroy this our home... And many other creatures home..... And a few of us think we are some kind of special sun shining out our arse divine being made by a magical creator{s}..... If there was a god{s} it would favour all other animals.. Not us... We are more of a virus than race lol Compare us to the cancer virus.... See any simularities?

WHAT IF!! we are micro small and this "earth" is just a cell on some other animals brain or lung or heart... And we are simply a virus/infection it has sadly caught? And we think we are so bigger than we truly are? WO0O0O And nature is the animals antibodies... slowly killing us off... (natural disasters and so on.....) But if we win..... We shall kill this animal eating it from the inside out.

Very funny devil boy.

yea yea..... Foxy... Keeeeeeep talking.....

nothing that man can do will save us all. man's righteousness is a filthy rag. only God's Judgement on man will save us all and bring peace to earth. so, the Creator of heaven and earth is our best hope.
very true Daniel 2;44

Best hope for peace on Earth? lol, that is so easy.... Eradication of a vile group of animals called humanity..
or even only the wicked,
Turn away from what is bad and do what is good,
And so reside to time indefinite.​
For Jehovah is a lover of justice,
And he will not leave his loyal ones.​

To time indefinite they will certainly be guarded;
But as for the offspring of the wicked ones, they will indeed be cut off.​
The righteous themselves will possess the earth,​
And they will reside forever upon it. psalm 37 ;27-29

or even only the wicked,
Turn away from what is bad and do what is good,
And so reside to time indefinite.
For Jehovah is a lover of justice,
And he will not leave his loyal ones.​

To time indefinite they will certainly be guarded;
But as for the offspring of the wicked ones, they will indeed be cut off.
The righteous themselves will possess the earth,​
And they will reside forever upon it. psalm 37 ;27-29

Mee, I'm curious... define "indefinite" and "infinite" ... do you really want to live forever in a colour-enhanced watchtower pamphlet?

Tao

Our best hope for peace is an impenetrable dome. It wouldn't have to be round, we could make it fit over a continent. We could have Habitrail tubes that connect to our allies in other impenetrable domes of their own. We need something to keep all the Thems out, and walls just won't do it these days. Domes for peace.

Chris

Mee, I'm curious... define "indefinite" and "infinite" ... do you really want to live forever in a colour-enhanced watchtower pamphlet?

Tao
my hope is based on the bible and what it promises for those who want it.
For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. PSALM 37;29
i am a work in progress.

(Isaiah 66:22) “For just as the new heavens and the new earth that I am making are standing before me,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “so the offspring of YOU people and the name of YOU people will keep standing.”

(Matthew 25:46) And these will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

(Revelation 21:3) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them.

Our best hope for peace is an impenetrable dome. It wouldn't have to be round, we could make it fit over a continent. We could have Habitrail tubes that connect to our allies in other impenetrable domes of their own. We need something to keep all the Thems out, and walls just won't do it these days. Domes for peace.

Chris
How about the tent of God
(Revelation 21:3) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them.

then please enlighten me. why hasn't peace reigned yet? we have been around for quite some time and we are still at war with each other and ourselves. its crazy. there is no end in sight to all of this pain and suffering. all i see is misery, and when i see my children smile, i can't help but know that they have no idea what they are about to go through. sorry if i sound depressing, but we are all depressed. something's got to give, you know? all i have is hope.

And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also, he says: “Write, because these words are faithful and true.” REVELATION 21;5

Mee, I'm curious... define "indefinite"

Tao
The highway of the upright ones is to turn away from bad. One who is safeguarding his way is keeping his soul PROVERBS 16;17 keeping to the right way leads to blessings . so if we dont do that then our time will be up , thats how i see it . so it could be forever its up to us .

Back