Has the bible been altered? Not translated, interpreted, but altered?

wtf???? why not. I keep asking questions and if im not being answered Ill still ask. K? mee has stated that the 144 ooo people will be going or having paradise. well, what about all the other jws???? I understand according to the jws that Im not headed there. thats ok. but there is more than the allotted amount of believing jws, so what happens to them ? Or didnt they really think the jws wou;ld get to a higher number than that? Im not trying to be irreverant to the jw belief Im just trying to find facts.

There are more than 1,700 ancient copies of the various portions of the Hebrew Scriptures available.

And again Me tells us about the Bible, this time how many copies there are — but Mee does NOT tell how to get around the claim that ONLY the originals were inspired.

By the way, the DSS Isaiah scroll did tell us that the Masoretic text wasn't all that far off, but that Isaiah scroll was also used to correct errors in the Masoretic text. And the Samaritan text was also used to correct the Masotetic text. And gee, the Septuagint, which is older than the Masoretic text has also been used to patch up a few places.

There are also a couple of other very famous NT screwups. Mark 18.9-20 is an add-on, not part of the oldest and best manuscripts. Then there's the story of Jesus and the adulteress in John. That's not original with John either. Talk about "alterations"!

Where does the wisdom and truth come from? Sherlock?
neither of them are universal, both are subjective.

One person's heaven is another person's hell.

Can be true. Heaven or hell, you can liken them to Freedom or Enslavement. Some people will always choose the latter even when they could take the former. Freedom is a state of mind.

You can be free in jail, living under an oppressive regime, with a noose around your neck. Sure there will be limitations on the what you can do, but your mind can remain free.

Too much of American flavoured Christianity is enslavement. You just got to stand tall and tell them "You cant bring me down" !!

YouTube - Suicidal Tendencies-You Can't Bring Me Down

Spread the word buddy!!

Tao

wtf???? why not. I keep asking questions and if im not being answered Ill still ask. K? mee has stated that the 144 ooo people will be going or having paradise. well, what about all the other jws???? I understand according to the jws that Im not headed there. thats ok. but there is more than the allotted amount of believing jws, so what happens to them ? Or didnt they really think the jws wou;ld get to a higher number than that? Im not trying to be irreverant to the jw belief Im just trying to find facts.
its not Jehovahs witnesses own thoughts saying that there will be 144,000 going to heaven to be with Jesus , it is the bible saying that , Jehovahs witnesses only stick to what the bible teaches.

and it is not Jehovahs witnesses own thoughts ,saying that there will be a GREAT CROWD of others getting through the GREAT TRIBULATION,

both of those things are what the bible teaches ,and Jehovahs witnesses always put over what the bible teaches .

many people ask questions but dont like the answer that the bible gives.

so that is not Jehovahs witnesses fault , they are only putting over bible truth .

All mankind have the chance to be a part of that GREAT CROWD OF OTHER SHEEP without a number JOHN 10;16 REVELATION 7;9-10:)

Jehovahs witnesses do not tell other people that they will not get through the great tribulation ,because it is not their job to judge others ,that is for the most high Jehovah and his son Jesus christ . our Job is to give out GOODNEWS about the kingdom matthew 24;14

how people respond to that GOODNEWS is up to them .

and as Zepheniah 2;3 says,

seek Jehovah, all YOU meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably YOU may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger.

It says probably (Or, “Perhaps.” Heb., ’u·lai′.)

because it is up to us to seek and practice his ways.

Where does it say 144,000? Why do JW's continue to evangelise when only a fraction of them will even make into this pamphlet existence you strive for? Maybe you continue to evangelise because you want competition for this glossy pic of paradise, even with the token black, which even to you seems like hell?

Just a thot ;)

Tao

Where does it say 144,000?

Just a thot ;)

Tao
The bible is where it tells us 144,000 will be with christ in heaven , do you read the bible?:) it is most benefical to learn just what the bible REALLY teaches then we can be full of accurate knowledge.

And I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads. REVELATION 14;1

Yes, these ones with the number of 144,000 , who are with the lamb(JESUS) certainly are known and identified ,and it is very clear who they are .

they have the name of the father (Jehovah) and the name of Jesus and they are not ashamed to making it known.

And I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel:REVELATION 7;4

(Hebrews 12:22) But YOU have approached a Mount Zion and a city of [the] living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels,

These SPIRITUAL ISRAELITES are from all tribes of the earth .

and Jesus himself did say that those who would be going to heaven
with him would be a little flock .

“Have no fear, little flock, because your Father has approved of giving you the kingdom.”—LUKE 12:32.

yes, they are a little flock compared to the numberless GREAT CROWD that will get through the GREAT TRIBULATION revelation 7;9-10 revelation 7;14

most of the nearly 7 million Jehovahs witnesses are part of the GREAT CROWD and they are not going to heaven ,it is only a little flock that will be going to heaven ,the rest have the WONDERFUL hope of living forever on a PARADISE EARTH. and that GREAT CROWD gets bigger all the time . and it is made up of people from all nations and they are all waving their symbolic palm branches to welcome Gods reigning king JESUS CHRIST .

so its not a case of places being taken already, its a case of gathering more and more to be a part of that GREAT CROWD WITHOUT NUMBER revelation 7;9-10

Yes, Jesus most certainly does have his OTHER SHEEP JOHN 10;16

and the gathering goes on .:) nicccccce

Why do JW's continue to evangelise when only a fraction of them will even make into this pamphlet existence you strive for?

Just a thot ;)

Tao
because the GREAT CROWD is being gathered,
REVELATION 7;9-10 and most of Jehovahs witnesses are part of that great crowd and the gathering goes on .

its all happening in the times we live in now .:)

and the artists impressions of paradise that they display on their tracts and brochures is what it is all about .

But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.PSALM 37;11

(Matthew 5:5) “Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.

There are some 7 million JW's now, do the majority know they aint going to make it?

Tao
The majority of Jehovahs witnesses know that their hope is to get through the great tribulation ,and then go on to inherit the paradise earth.

and the gathering of the GREAT CROWD goes on REVELATION 7;9-10

and for those who have already died who are also part of the great crowd, they have the resurrection hope. and then they can have an even bigger crowd to see when they come back . :) yes this world now is full of war crime ect ect ,but in the paradise that will all be gone it will only be PEACEFUL

Maybe you continue to evangelise because you want competition for this glossy pic of paradise,

Just a thot ;)

Tao
we make known the GOODNEWS of better things , because then others can become a part of the GREAT CROWD that will go on to inherit the paradise earth
REVELATION 7;9-10 matthew 24;14

and those who join this ever bigger GREAT CROWD are in unity indeed .:)

Wisdom or truth can be given anywhere. But... will it? Should it?

Look! My own servants will cry out joyfully because of the good condition of the heart, ISAIAH 65;14.

And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. MATTHEW 24;14

IT SHOULD AND IT IS :)

according to you.... the correct religion/faith could be called "the great crowd" or even "Lambs flock of sheep". Or " Spiritual Israelites". because you have quoted these terms out of your holy book. If I interpreted the bible like you and your mob do I could literally start a new religion on those topics. After all, according to you, mee, its in your king james version it must be true. ( Im seriously trying not to mock you, Im just trying to make a point )

. After all, according to you, mee, its in your king james version it must be true. ( Im seriously trying not to mock you, Im just trying to make a point )[/quotea

All bibles have the same theme ,and it all centres on Gods kingdom DANIEL 2;44 REVELATION 7;9-10 .Some bibles say GREAT CROWD some bibles say GREAT MULTITUDE it means the same thing . and they are now being gathered

MY point is...... anyone with knowledge of the bible can convince themselves and even others to follow THEIR interpretation of the bible and even have quotes to back themselves up etc. So that is why all the quotes in the world mean nothing to me. Its just YOUR interpretation of an old book of morals, to me. (not that there is anything wrong with that, its just I dont hold a whole lot of faith in it. )

Mee, I have read the Bible, some bits of it many times. Revelations is hallucinogenic nonsense, deliberately included so it can be used to justify any crazy reasoning. In any other area of life except ones faith all JW's would be offered counselling and perhaps medication for holding such irrational beliefs. I look forward to the day that we can make paradise here on earth without need of an Armageddon, and where our children can grow free from the miserable brainwashing of crazy cults. With all your quotes you take a long winded and tedious way to say that you are brainwashed into believing in a petty little deity. I feel sorry for you buddy. Truly I do. But I see that arguing with you about this nonsense only serves to make you retreat into dogma. So I am going to disengage. I hope that some day you will find that its ok to walk without crutches, to be free and be yourself.

Regards

Tao

Revelations is hallucinogenic nonsense, deliberately included so it can be used to justify any crazy reasoning.

Regards

Tao
many people think many things , but not always according to accurate knowledge .

people are free to think what they like . but at the end of the day either the bible is true or it isnt.

for me ,

I believe the whole of the bible including the book of revelation has a theme running right through it , from Genesis to revelation ,and the outcome is very good indeed

And the last book of the bible(revelation) is a most enlightening book indeed , especially in the times that we live in NOW .we are now well along into the time of the end and the wonderful promises of the bible are soon to be a reality.

and as revelation 22 ;6 says

These words are faithful and true .

yes, as revelation 21;5 says

And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also, he says: “Write, because these words are faithful and true.”

(Revelation 1:3) Happy is he who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and who observe the things written in it; for the appointed time is near.

MY point is...... anyone with knowledge of the bible can convince themselves and even others to follow THEIR interpretation of the bible and even have quotes to back themselves up etc. So that is why all the quotes in the world mean nothing to me. Its just YOUR interpretation of an old book of morals, to me. (not that there is anything wrong with that, its just I dont hold a whole lot of faith in it. )

i would word it a bit differently ,
Anyone with knowledge about Jehovah and his son Jesus christ can show others what the bible says, and if those people act on the words of Jesus in JOHN 17;3 They can get on that road to everlasting life .

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. JOHN 17;3

Teaching others what the bible REALLY TEACHES leads to much enlightenment indeed.:) i would say that what the bible really teaches has been hidden from view and thats because the thoughts of men have clouded the thoughts of God . and its been going on for centuries, but now TRUE KNOWLEDGE is abundant indeed Daniel 12;4

Mee, I have read the Bible, some bits of it many times.

Regards

Tao
but are you getting the understanding of it ?

many people have the bible and even read bits of it many times ,but they are still without understanding .

which reminds me of the Ethiopian eunuch, in the book of ACTS 8;26-36

he was a man that wanted to understand the scriptures at that time , but it wasnt until he used the right channel that he was given the understanding.

A Christian named Philip had proved to him that Jesus was the promised Messiah. Touched to the heart by what he had learned from the Scriptures, the Ethiopian man took action. He showed that he wanted to be baptized!—Acts 8:26-36.

He could have read the bible over and over again but it was phillip who opened up the scriptures to him.

NOW, in the times that we live in , great understanding about the bible ,and especially the book of revelation is going on . but the question is are we willing to use that channel .

I am willing to humble myself and recogonize that Jesus is using a faithful class that is dishing out understanding and bible based knowledge . ... MATTHEW 24;45-47.

we are now well along into bible prophecy . and now that faithful class has been given great responsibility. and it is all GOODNEWS :) MATTHEW 24;14 DANIEL 2;44

Back