Has the bible been altered? Not translated, interpreted, but altered?

Let me guess...1914...
now that rings a bell , and it has a lot to do with what Jesus said in ,LUKE 21;24

A Mystery Solved at Last!

Jesus spoke of a time during which the leaders of the world would occupy center stage without interference from God’s Kingdom. Jesus called that period "the appointed times of the nations." (Luke 21:24) At the end of those "appointed times," God’s heavenly Kingdom would come to power, with Jesus as its rightful Ruler. At first, Jesus would rule "in the midst of [his] enemies." (Psalm 110:2) Then, according to Daniel 2:44, the Kingdom would "crush and put an end" to all human governments, and it would stand forever.

And YES, 1914 is the START of the last days . thrilling times indeed that we are living in right NOW:)JESUS IS A REIGNING KING

now that rings a bell , and it has a lot to do with what Jesus said in ,LUKE 21;24

A Mystery Solved at Last!

Jesus spoke of a time during which the leaders of the world would occupy center stage without interference from God’s Kingdom. Jesus called that period "the appointed times of the nations." (Luke 21:24) At the end of those "appointed times," God’s heavenly Kingdom would come to power, with Jesus as its rightful Ruler. At first, Jesus would rule "in the midst of [his] enemies." (Psalm 110:2) Then, according to Daniel 2:44, the Kingdom would "crush and put an end" to all human governments, and it would stand forever.

And YES, 1914 is the START of the last days . thrilling times indeed that we are living in right NOW:)JESUS IS A REIGNING KING

"...They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled". Luke 21:24

"...The LORD will extend your mighty scepter from Zion;
you will rule in the midst of your enemies". Psalm 110:2

..."In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever". Daniel 2:44

Ok, so where is 1914?

"...They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled". Luke 21:24

"...The LORD will extend your mighty scepter from Zion;
you will rule in the midst of your enemies". Psalm 110:2

..."In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever". Daniel 2:44

Ok, so where is 1914?

here we go again ,:) for those who want understanding inline with bible prophecy and chronology , here is something about the significance of the 1914 date.

1914—A Significant Year in Bible Prophecy

DECADES in advance, Bible students proclaimed that there would be significant developments in 1914. What were these, and what evidence points to 1914 as such an important year?

As recorded at Luke 21:24, Jesus said: “Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the nations [“the times of the Gentiles,” King James Version] are fulfilled.” Jerusalem had been the capital city of the Jewish nation—the seat of rulership of the line of kings from the house of King David. (Psalm 48:1, 2) However, these kings were unique among national leaders. They sat on “Jehovah’s throne” as representatives of God himself. (1 Chronicles 29:23) Jerusalem was thus a symbol of Jehovah’s rulership.

How and when, though, did God’s rulership begin to be “trampled on by the nations”? This happened in 607 B.C.E. when Jerusalem was conquered by the Babylonians. “Jehovah’s throne” became vacant, and the line of kings who descended from David was interrupted. (2 Kings 25:1-26) Would this ‘trampling’ go on forever? No, for the prophecy of Ezekiel said regarding Jerusalem’s last king, Zedekiah: “Remove the turban, and lift off the crown. . . . It will certainly become no one’s until he comes who has the legal right, and I must give it to him.” (Ezekiel 21:26, 27) The one who has “the legal right” to the Davidic crown is Christ Jesus. (Luke 1:32, 33) So the ‘trampling’ would end when Jesus became King.

When would that grand event occur? Jesus showed that the Gentiles would rule for a fixed period of time. The account in Daniel chapter 4 holds the key to knowing how long that period would last. It relates a prophetic dream experienced by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. He saw an immense tree that was chopped down. Its stump could not grow because it was banded with iron and copper. An angel declared: “Let seven times pass over it.”—Daniel 4:10-16.

In the Bible, trees are sometimes used to represent rulership. (Ezekiel 17:22-24; 31:2-5) So the chopping down of the symbolic tree represents how God’s rulership, as expressed through the kings at Jerusalem, would be interrupted. However, the vision served notice that this ‘trampling of Jerusalem’ would be temporary—a period of “seven times.” How long a period is that?

Revelation 12:6, 14 indicates that three and a half times equal “a thousand two hundred and sixty days.” “Seven times” would therefore last twice as long, or 2,520 days. But the Gentile nations did not stop ‘trampling’ on God’s rulership a mere 2,520 days after Jerusalem’s fall. Evidently, then, this prophecy covers a much longer period of time. On the basis of Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6, which speak of “a day for a year,” the “seven times” would cover 2,520 years.

The 2,520 years began in October 607 B.C.E., when Jerusalem fell to the Babylonians and the Davidic king was taken off his throne. The period ended in October 1914. At that time, “the appointed times of the nations” ended, and Jesus Christ was installed as God’s heavenly King.—Psalm 2:1-6; Daniel 7:13, 14.

Just as Jesus predicted, his “presence” as heavenly King has been marked by dramatic world developments—war, famine, earthquakes, pestilences. (Matthew 24:3-8; Luke 21:11) Such developments bear powerful testimony to the fact that 1914 indeed marked the birth of God’s heavenly Kingdom and the beginning of “the last days” of this present wicked system of things.—2 Timothy 3:1-5.

taken from the book ,WHAT DOES THE BIBLE REALLY TEACH and yes of cause it is printed by those who have been given understanding indeed .Daniel 12;4

JEHOVAHS WITNESSES :)and it is verrrry goooood . taste and see that Jehovah is good

here we go again ,:) for those who want understanding inline with bible prophecy and chronology , here is something about the significance of the 1914 date.

1914—A Significant Year in Bible Prophecy

DECADES in advance, Bible students proclaimed that there would be significant developments in 1914. What were these, and what evidence points to 1914 as such an important year?

As recorded at Luke 21:24, Jesus said: “Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the nations [“the times of the Gentiles,” King James Version] are fulfilled.” Jerusalem had been the capital city of the Jewish nation—the seat of rulership of the line of kings from the house of King David. (Psalm 48:1, 2) However, these kings were unique among national leaders. They sat on “Jehovah’s throne” as representatives of God himself. (1 Chronicles 29:23) Jerusalem was thus a symbol of Jehovah’s rulership.

How and when, though, did God’s rulership begin to be “trampled on by the nations”? This happened in 607 B.C.E. when Jerusalem was conquered by the Babylonians. “Jehovah’s throne” became vacant, and the line of kings who descended from David was interrupted. (2 Kings 25:1-26) Would this ‘trampling’ go on forever? No, for the prophecy of Ezekiel said regarding Jerusalem’s last king, Zedekiah: “Remove the turban, and lift off the crown. . . . It will certainly become no one’s until he comes who has the legal right, and I must give it to him.” (Ezekiel 21:26, 27) The one who has “the legal right” to the Davidic crown is Christ Jesus. (Luke 1:32, 33) So the ‘trampling’ would end when Jesus became King.

When would that grand event occur? Jesus showed that the Gentiles would rule for a fixed period of time. The account in Daniel chapter 4 holds the key to knowing how long that period would last. It relates a prophetic dream experienced by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. He saw an immense tree that was chopped down. Its stump could not grow because it was banded with iron and copper. An angel declared: “Let seven times pass over it.”—Daniel 4:10-16.

In the Bible, trees are sometimes used to represent rulership. (Ezekiel 17:22-24; 31:2-5) So the chopping down of the symbolic tree represents how God’s rulership, as expressed through the kings at Jerusalem, would be interrupted. However, the vision served notice that this ‘trampling of Jerusalem’ would be temporary—a period of “seven times.” How long a period is that?

Revelation 12:6, 14 indicates that three and a half times equal “a thousand two hundred and sixty days.” “Seven times” would therefore last twice as long, or 2,520 days. But the Gentile nations did not stop ‘trampling’ on God’s rulership a mere 2,520 days after Jerusalem’s fall. Evidently, then, this prophecy covers a much longer period of time. On the basis of Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6, which speak of “a day for a year,” the “seven times” would cover 2,520 years.

The 2,520 years began in October 607 B.C.E., when Jerusalem fell to the Babylonians and the Davidic king was taken off his throne. The period ended in October 1914. At that time, “the appointed times of the nations” ended, and Jesus Christ was installed as God’s heavenly King.—Psalm 2:1-6; Daniel 7:13, 14.

Just as Jesus predicted, his “presence” as heavenly King has been marked by dramatic world developments—war, famine, earthquakes, pestilences. (Matthew 24:3-8; Luke 21:11) Such developments bear powerful testimony to the fact that 1914 indeed marked the birth of God’s heavenly Kingdom and the beginning of “the last days” of this present wicked system of things.—2 Timothy 3:1-5.

taken from the book ,WHAT DOES THE BIBLE REALLY TEACH and yes of cause it is printed by those who have been given understanding indeed .Daniel 12;4

JEHOVAHS WITNESSES :)and it is verrrry goooood . taste and see that Jehovah is good
Your reference is not biblical.

Your reference is not biblical.
many people dismiss fullfilled bible prophecy and the chronology of the bible .

but there are many people who have kept awake to it all ,and now they are enlightened indeed :) and the ones who are hearing the word of God , are from all nations , and they are putting their trust in the ruling king Jesus christ who is king of Gods kingdom. REVELATION 7;9-10

thats because it is the only way to salvation .

but as you said , many dismiss good bible based information .

i love it and cant get enough of it, and cant wait for more enlightenment.

yes the light gets lighter and lighter , and the understanding gets more and more ,especially since Jesus was given great aurthority in 1914 ,and is now feeding the faithful ones with many good things matthew 24;45-47. and it is very tasty indeed . :)

stop it mee, you are scaring me. (running to Q for help) The maniacal bible man is scaring me. (Q just points out the wrongs in mees ranting, so I do the only thing I can do..........TAO........ . ....HELP,,,,,,,,)

many people dismiss fullfilled bible prophecy and the chronology of the bible .

but there are many people who have kept awake to it all ,and now they are enlightened indeed :) and the ones who are hearing the word of God , are from all nations , and they are putting their trust in the ruling king Jesus christ who is king of Gods kingdom. REVELATION 7;9-10

thats because it is the only way to salvation .

but as you said , many dismiss good bible based information .

i love it and cant get enough of it, and cant wait for more enlightenment.

yes the light gets lighter and lighter , and the understanding gets more and more ,especially since Jesus was given great aurthority in 1914 ,and is now feeding the faithful ones with many good things matthew 24;45-47. and it is very tasty indeed . :)
Matthew 24 has nothing to do with 1914, or any other known date. And bible based information is still manmade opinion.

v/r

Q

stop it mee, you are scaring me. (running to Q for help) The maniacal bible man is scaring me. (Q just points out the wrongs in mees ranting, so I do the only thing I can do..........TAO........ . ....HELP,,,,,,,,)
dont be scared of the GOODNEWS it really is GOODNEWS :) And its all in the bible . nicccccce

Matthew 24 has nothing to do with 1914, or any other known date. And bible based information is still manmade opinion.

v/r

Q
putting our trust in the reigning king is the thing to do , there is no salvation in any one else.

According to Jehovah’s stated purposes, peace will come, not by a uniting of this world’s nations, but by their being completely replaced by God’s Kingdom. (Daniel 2:44)
The Great Prophet, Jesus Christ, gave a composite “sign” of things that would occur to mark not only the conclusion of the Jewish system of things in the first century but the end of the worldwide system of things today. In addition to warning of “wars and reports of wars,” he foretold global conflagrations that would blaze up in which ‘nation would rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom.’ Also, there would be “food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another.”—Matthew 24:3-8.

Jesus also foretold the advent of many false prophets, who would appear on the basis of his name and would mislead multitudes by ignoring the importance of the “sign” that would mark his presence in Kingdom power. They would not see any meaning in the composite “sign” given by Jesus, as recorded in Matthew, chapters 24 and 25, nor in the other signs that would mark our momentous time, such as the general corrupting of society and the ruining of the earth.

dont be scared of the GOODNEWS it really is GOODNEWS :) And its all in the bible . nicccccce
It may all be in the bible, but not the way you describe or interpret it...jury is still out.

v/r

Q

it is goodnews to those who respond to the goodnews:)
No man, it is not good news to those who respond to the good news, unless the "good news" is the truth. Biblical truth. And interpretations are not biblical truth. And doctrines are not God inspired. They are man's interpretations.

And I do know this. If I follow your way, I'll never see heaven. That's enough for me to turn my back and seek another path. I suspect other will look at it the same way. I don't do "lotteries" when it comes to going to heaven. I only do the sure thing.

Paradise on Earth, might be a "vacation spot", but it is NOT where I want to spend eternity. So, I won't. When I die, I'll go to heaven immediately.

v/r

Q

No man, it is not good news to those who respond to the good news, unless the "good news" is the truth. Biblical truth. And interpretations are not biblical truth. And doctrines are not God inspired. They are man's interpretations.

And I do know this. If I follow your way, I'll never see heaven. That's enough for me to turn my back and seek another path. I suspect other will look at it the same way. I don't do "lotteries" when it comes to going to heaven. I only do the sure thing.

Paradise on Earth, might be a "vacation spot", but it is NOT where I want to spend eternity. So, I won't. When I die, I'll go to heaven immediately.

v/r

Q
For me i look to the faithful and true promise that everything will be made new .
And the One seated on the throne said: "Look! I am making all things new." Also, he says: "Write, because these words are faithful and true." revelation 21;5

But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell. 2 peter 3;13

yes ,a new heavenly rulership and a new earthly society of people, the people will be new because they will be people on the earth that are all inline with Gods purpose for the earth . a new way of thinking and a new attitude works wonders , because then it will lead to this .

The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
And they will reside forever upon it. psalm 37; 29 ,22,34

Hope in Jehovah and keep his way,
And he will exalt you to take possession of the earth.
When the wicked ones are cut off, you will see [it].

For those being blessed by him will themselves possess the earth,
But those upon whom evil is called by him will be cut off.

for me i would rather be classed as a righteous one by going along with Gods purpose for the earth ,:) its a better outcome , i dont want to be cut-off from all of the future blessings that are promised for the earth ,i am looking foreward to better things .

Why do the translators of the New World Translation not give their names?
If humility were the reason then why did the writers of the New Testament attach their names to their letters? Were they not humble?

What are the qualifications of the translators of the New World Translation? - Besides "in-house" training.

Why do the translators of the New World Translation not give their names?
If humility were the reason then why did the writers of the New Testament attach their names to their letters? Were they not humble?

What are the qualifications of the translators of the New World Translation? - Besides "in-house" training.

Just who translated this remarkable Bible? The Watchtower of September 15, 1950, said: “The men who compose the translation committee have indicated their desire . . . to remain anonymous, and specifically do not want their names to be published while they are in life or after death. The purpose of the translation is to exalt the name of the living, true God.” Some critics charged that the work should be summarily dismissed as the product of amateurs, but not all took such an unreasonable stance. Writes Alan S. Duthie: “If we know who the translators or the publishers of a particular Bible translation are, does it help us to decide whether that translation is good or bad? Not directly. There is no substitute for examining the characteristics of each translation itself.”

Interestingly, the jacket of the 1971 Reference Edition of the New American Standard Bible similarly stated: “We have not used any scholar’s name for reference or recommendations because it is our belief God’s Word should stand on its merits.”

. . to remain anonymous, and specifically do not want their names to be published while they are in life or after death. The purpose of the translation is to exalt the name of the living, true God.”

Why have the translators added the word “other” four times at Colossians 1:16 and 17?

Kindest Regards, mee!
Just who translated this remarkable Bible? The Watchtower of September 15, 1950, said: “The men who compose the translation committee have indicated their desire . . . to remain anonymous, and specifically do not want their names to be published while they are in life or after death. The purpose of the translation is to exalt the name of the living, true God.” Some critics charged that the work should be summarily dismissed as the product of amateurs, but not all took such an unreasonable stance. Writes Alan S. Duthie: “If we know who the translators or the publishers of a particular Bible translation are, does it help us to decide whether that translation is good or bad? Not directly. There is no substitute for examining the characteristics of each translation itself.”

Interestingly, the jacket of the 1971 Reference Edition of the New American Standard Bible similarly stated: “We have not used any scholar’s name for reference or recommendations because it is our belief God’s Word should stand on its merits.”
Anonymity among authors is no validation one way or another pertaining to strength or weakness of a translation. If pushed, I would personally lean towards disqualifying a translation the authors were afraid to stand behind and apply their names to. The KJV authors were known in their day, some more so than others, but all were literary scholars held by King and Clergy in high esteem. In other words, the 70 plus men assembled to translate for the king were not amateurs.

The Peshitta is translated by George Lamsa from the Eastern Orthodox Aramaic, and contains a wealth of footnotes regarding regional history and customs, which sheds a bit of light on some of the more obscure sayings. The Companion Bible is a KJV with over one hundred in depth notations by a noted linguist named Ginsburg. And the Interlinear Bible includes the Hebrew and Greek verbatim aside the English. Which makes every one of these translations valuable in my estimation to a student.

Other versions in my experience tend towards a certain bias, which I suppose is fine and somewhat unavoidable...*if* and as long as the student is aware of that tendency to bias.

In short, the argument that because the authors wished to remain anonymous imparts some air of authenticity falls short in my book...way short. I'm wondering what they are so ashamed of they feel they must hide?

Kindest Regards, mee!
Anonymity among authors is no validation one way or another pertaining to strength or weakness of a translation. If pushed, I would personally lean towards disqualifying a translation the authors were afraid to stand behind and apply their names to. The KJV authors were known in their day, some more so than others, but all were literary scholars held by King and Clergy in high esteem. In other words, the 70 plus men assembled to translate for the king were not amateurs.

The Peshitta is translated by George Lamsa from the Eastern Orthodox Aramaic, and contains a wealth of footnotes regarding regional history and customs, which sheds a bit of light on some of the more obscure sayings. The Companion Bible is a KJV with over one hundred in depth notations by a noted linguist named Ginsburg. And the Interlinear Bible includes the Hebrew and Greek verbatim aside the English. Which makes every one of these translations valuable in my estimation to a student.

Other versions in my experience tend towards a certain bias, which I suppose is fine and somewhat unavoidable...*if* and as long as the student is aware of that tendency to bias.

In short, the argument that because the authors wished to remain anonymous imparts some air of authenticity falls short in my book...way short. I'm wondering what they are so ashamed of they feel they must hide?
Juan, you know as well as I that one of the primary purposes of anonymoty is to create mystery and awe to the object/issue in question, hence the propencity to consider the object/issue as above understanding/superior to the observer/contender. In the right note, it engenders sentimentality or respect from the observer/contender. In the wrong vein it simply illicits disgust from those who refuse to be subjugated by arrogance and conceit.

v/r

Q

Kindest Regards, Q!
Juan, you know as well as I that one of the primary purposes of anonymoty is to create mystery and awe to the object/issue in question, hence the propencity to consider the object/issue as above understanding/superior to the observer/contender. In the right note, it engenders sentimentality or respect from the observer/contender. In the wrong vein it simply illicits disgust from those who refuse to be subjugated by arrogance and conceit.
Perhaps what you say is true, perhaps various Christian institutions have spent a great deal of effort on many fronts creating the illusion of awe and grandeur. We see it in the architecture of the great cathedrals, the great hymns, the furnishings and trappings and vestures. That is all well and good...in proper perspective.

For a long time the religious institutions held the common people at bay because of illiteracy. But that has changed, for quite some time now. I appreciate that there are mysteries yet behind the lessons to be learned within the pages of *the* Book. The struggle I have is in *which* Book to hold with emphasis. I decided long ago to place my preferred emphasis on the oldest possible texts within my grasp, which still led me to the KJV (translated from the Textus Receptus). I am limited to English, but even the Elizabethan English of the KJV must be deciphered like a foreign language because it is so alien in form and structure to modern English.

What I am trying to say is that creating an air of awe and wonder in itself is not a bad thing, but shielding the translation of a text as important as the Bible when people's eternal souls are at stake...in my mind that is *not* copacetic. An anonymous donation of a stained glass window...fine, no problem. An anonymous translation of something that has a direct influence on how I will spend my eternity...damn straight that *is* a problem. ;) My opinion, anyway. :D

Kindest Regards, Q!

Perhaps what you say is true, perhaps various Christian institutions have spent a great deal of effort on many fronts creating the illusion of awe and grandeur. We see it in the architecture of the great cathedrals, the great hymns, the furnishings and trappings and vestures. That is all well and good...in proper perspective.

For a long time the religious institutions held the common people at bay because of illiteracy. But that has changed, for quite some time now. I appreciate that there are mysteries yet behind the lessons to be learned within the pages of *the* Book. The struggle I have is in *which* Book to hold with emphasis. I decided long ago to place my preferred emphasis on the oldest possible texts within my grasp, which still led me to the KJV (translated from the Textus Receptus). I am limited to English, but even the Elizabethan English of the KJV must be deciphered like a foreign language because it is so alien in form and structure to modern English.

What I am trying to say is that creating an air of awe and wonder in itself is not a bad thing, but shielding the translation of a text as important as the Bible when people's eternal souls are at stake...in my mind that is *not* copacetic. An anonymous donation of a stained glass window...fine, no problem. An anonymous translation of something that has a direct influence on how I will spend my eternity...damn straight that *is* a problem. ;) My opinion, anyway. :D

As well it should be. As children, we stewed over the explanation "Because I said so", when questioning our parents about why we could or could not do something. My parents learned early on, that "because I said so," would not cut it with this little upstart. And spankings backed by the aforementioned explanation, only galvanized little Mr. me to be even more impetuous, which in turn drove them to distraction. Remember, I was the first child they had to raise and deal with...

It was only when "mes parents" figured out that by explaining actual reasons, that the little rebel faded into a learning, growing son, who tried to do right (I was learning what morality meant, because I had a foundation by which to build upon). I still got spankings, but they became a wake up call, as opposed to fuel for a contemptuous fire.

In the same light, "trust your salvation to me", signed anonymous... does not cut the mustard. God, does not want to be anonymous, not by a long shot. Nor does He want the "authors" He chose to pen His "word" to be anonymous.

Indeed, that is like getting a Valentines card from "anonymous". Instead of focussing on the message within, people like me are focussed on "who sent it", and the message is lost.

Just a thought.

v/r

Q

Back