Has the bible been altered? Not translated, interpreted, but altered?

I hope that some day you will find that its ok to walk without crutches, to be free and be yourself.

Regards

Tao

“You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”—JOHN 8:32.

I am now free , because i know the truth .
just as those believing Jews back in Jesus day were set free ,

And so Jesus went on to say to the Jews that had believed him: “If YOU remain in my word, YOU are really my disciples, and YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free.”JOHN 8;31-32
so today i have been set free from false religion and i have got out of false religion Revelation 18;4

according to you.... the correct religion/faith could be called "the great crowd" or even "Lambs flock of sheep". Or " Spiritual Israelites". because you have quoted these terms out of your holy book. If I interpreted the bible like you and your mob do I could literally start a new religion on those topics. After all, according to you, mee, its in your king james version it must be true. ( Im seriously trying not to mock you, Im just trying to make a point )
Actually not to stir the pot but Mee is taught to use the NWT. Please half the stuff he posts is not in the KJV but is from the JW version they translated to fit some mens ideas.

Mee, I have read the Bible, some bits of it many times. Revelations is hallucinogenic nonsense, deliberately included so it can be used to justify any crazy reasoning. In any other area of life except ones faith all JW's would be offered counselling and perhaps medication for holding such irrational beliefs. I look forward to the day that we can make paradise here on earth without need of an Armageddon, and where our children can grow free from the miserable brainwashing of crazy cults. With all your quotes you take a long winded and tedious way to say that you are brainwashed into believing in a petty little deity. I feel sorry for you buddy. Truly I do. But I see that arguing with you about this nonsense only serves to make you retreat into dogma. So I am going to disengage. I hope that some day you will find that its ok to walk without crutches, to be free and be yourself.

Regards

Tao
Well sorry but if it means nothing at all to you then what the hell are you doing here?

according to you.... the correct religion/faith could be called "the great crowd" or even "Lambs flock of sheep". Or " Spiritual Israelites". because you have quoted these terms out of your holy book. If I interpreted the bible like you and your mob do I could literally start a new religion on those topics. After all, according to you, mee, its in your king james version it must be true. ( Im seriously trying not to mock you, Im just trying to make a point )
Indeed, David Koresh did exactly that, in Waco, Texas...and he and followers burned for it...

Mee, I have read the Bible, some bits of it many times. Revelations is hallucinogenic nonsense, deliberately included so it can be used to justify any crazy reasoning. In any other area of life except ones faith all JW's would be offered counselling and perhaps medication for holding such irrational beliefs. I look forward to the day that we can make paradise here on earth without need of an Armageddon, and where our children can grow free from the miserable brainwashing of crazy cults. With all your quotes you take a long winded and tedious way to say that you are brainwashed into believing in a petty little deity. I feel sorry for you buddy. Truly I do. But I see that arguing with you about this nonsense only serves to make you retreat into dogma. So I am going to disengage. I hope that some day you will find that its ok to walk without crutches, to be free and be yourself.

Regards

Tao
Easy Tao. You do not unequivicably know that for fact. No one does. It is impossible to prove what hasn't taken place yet. What we do know, is that of all the prophecies noted in the Bible, so far, not one has failed to come to pass. This you must admit is an astonishing feat in and of itself, considering there are over a thousand of them. No other "religious" guide can make that claim, save the Judeo/Christian scriptures...

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
What we do know, is that of all the prophecies noted in the Bible, so far, not one has failed to come to pass. This you must admit is an astonishing feat in and of itself, considering there are over a thousand of them. No other "religious" guide can make that claim, save the Judeo/Christian scriptures...
er, i don't believe the resurrection of the dead or the return of the exiles has occurred!

b'shalom

bananabrain

that is my point, Q. any "wacco" (pun intended) can use the bible to influence people to believe and say what they want. I dont see any difference to the cults and the so called religions. If they are generally based on the bible ( and Im saying this cause its the Christian thread,, not islam etc.) they all say that they are right and that everyone else is wrong.... worshipping false prophets etc..... so all the different ones cannot be right. or can they???? Im thoroughly confused.

er, i don't believe the resurrection of the dead or the return of the exiles has occurred!

b'shalom

bananabrain

those who were asleep in death , who were a part of the 144,000 started to be resurrected by Jesus soon after Jesus came into kingdom power . and Jesus was given kingship in 1914, so shortly after that date, the resurrection of those who would be ruling with christ in the heavenly kingdom started .and those who are a part of the 144,000 who die after 1914 would not have to wait in death ,they would be resurrected in the twinkling of an eye as soon as they die . so the resurrection of the 144,000 has already started.

Actually not to stir the pot but Mee is taught to use the NWT. Please half the stuff he posts is not in the KJV but is from the JW version they translated to fit some mens ideas.

i would word it some thing like the following ,the NWT has been translated to get back to the real meanings and the real thoughts of God. without the traditions of man to cloud the thought .:) now thats better. the King James is still a good bible, the witnesses used to use that bible all the time at one time ,but from their sincere studies the traditions of man that had been added or altered in the king James soon came to light ,so they were busy getting back to a more accurate translation. and it is THE NEW WORLD TRANSLATION
Read the Bible Online

that is my point, Q. any "wacco" (pun intended) can use the bible to influence people to believe and say what they want. I dont see any difference to the cults and the so called religions. If they are generally based on the bible ( and Im saying this cause its the Christian thread,, not islam etc.) they all say that they are right and that everyone else is wrong.... worshipping false prophets etc..... so all the different ones cannot be right. or can they???? Im thoroughly confused.
Because of the bible I was taught, I chose my profession carefully. I wanted to do the best I could for people and, have a satisfying job for me. There had to be a balance. It wasn't the people that gave me the words of the book that steered my course, but the words themselves. They had/have a life all their own, and they reached out to me in ways no one (not even me) expected.

They said, "help people, this way". That is what I've done for 35 years.

Not yet BB...but then, we weren't given a timeline...

Ah, but we were given a fairly specific timeline. Trouble is ... that was 2000 years ago.

Matt 10:23: [Jesus said to his disciples] “When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next; for truly I tell you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.”
Matt 16:28: [Jesus said to the disciples] “Truly I tell you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."
Mark 9:1: And he [Jesus] said to them [the disciples], "Truly I tell you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see that the kingdom of God has come with power."
Mark 13:30: [After detailing events up to end of world, Jesus says] “Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place.”
Mark 14:62: Jesus said [to the high priest - died 1st cent. AD], "I am; and 'you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power,' and 'coming with the clouds of heaven.'"
Rom 13:12: the night is far gone, the day is near. Let us then lay aside the works of darkness and put on the armor of light;

1 Cor 7:29: I mean, brothers and sisters, the appointed time has grown short; from now on, let even those who have wives be as though they had none,
1 Cor 7:31: For the present form of this world is passing away.
Phil 4:5: Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near.
1 Thess 4:15: For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will by no means precede those who have died.
Hebrews 1:2: but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son….

Hebews 10:37: For yet "in a very little while, the one who is coming will come and will not delay;”
James 5:8: You also must be patient. Strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near.
1 Peter 1:20: He [Christ] was destined before the foundation of the world, but was revealed at the end of the ages for your sake.
1 Peter 4:7: The end of all things is near….
1 John 2:18: Children, it is the last hour! As you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. From this we know that it is the last hour.
Rev 1:1: The revelation [the apocalypse] of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place….
Rev 3:11: [Jesus said] “I am coming soon….”
Rev 22:6: And he said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true, for the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place."
Rev 22:20: [Jesus said] “Surely I am coming soon.”

Not only Jesus, but all of the early followers expected the Kingdom within their own lifetimes. Embarrassing, I know...

in our religion, it is forbidden to try and calculate when prophecies will come true. besides, Q, if those two prophecies haven't yet come true, how can we possibly say that "not one of them has failed to come to pass"? it is often the case that humans misinterpret prophecies, as you know....

b'shalom

bananabrain

in our religion, it is forbidden to try and calculate when prophecies will come true.

The thing is, if it was indeed possible to calculate when the prophecies would come true, we'd be manipulated by the result of such calculations. God would be giving us answers in advance. I would question the sincerity of those who possess such knowledge once they acquire it. Such knowledge could be used to mislead people. I can imagine cults forming over such knowledge. That's because when a prophet introduces people to a threat, he must give people a resolution to that threat, and say something like, "Gather at the Town Hall. Everyone who gathers at the Town Hall will be saved from the marauders." The idea will be so high in people's minds that, they will do anything in order to belong to "the way" (so to speak), a path defined by those calculations, that those who believe in the truth of those calculations will want to be adherents of such a truth, and therefore claim a monopoly on it. They will be "holier than thou" because whoever knows the result of the calculations is holier and better than the others.

Everyone else who ignores or disregards those calculations would be branded as traitors, heretics, rascals and infidels. Some of those who align themselves to such a concept would only do it for selfish reasons, ie. to not only belong, but to make themselves possessors of a monopoly on those calculations. They want to feel good about themselves, so they have contempt and disdain for everyone else who doesn't possess what they possess.

A God who does such a thing is far from being noble.

And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant."Daniel 12;4

And he went on to say: "Go, Daniel, because the words are made secret and sealed up until the time of [the] end. Daniel 12;9

true knowledge is abundant in more ways than one . and it is verrrry goooood
:)

in our religion, it is forbidden to try and calculate when prophecies will come true. besides, Q, if those two prophecies haven't yet come true, how can we possibly say that "not one of them has failed to come to pass"? it is often the case that humans misinterpret prophecies, as you know....

b'shalom

bananabrain

Good point BB. I should have said "To date"...my bad.

v/r

Q

Ah, but we were given a fairly specific timeline. Trouble is ... that was 2000 years ago.

Matt 10:23: [Jesus said to his disciples] “When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next; for truly I tell you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.”
Matt 16:28: [Jesus said to the disciples] “Truly I tell you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."
Mark 9:1: And he [Jesus] said to them [the disciples], "Truly I tell you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see that the kingdom of God has come with power."
Mark 13:30: [After detailing events up to end of world, Jesus says] “Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place.”
Mark 14:62: Jesus said [to the high priest - died 1st cent. AD], "I am; and 'you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power,' and 'coming with the clouds of heaven.'"
Rom 13:12: the night is far gone, the day is near. Let us then lay aside the works of darkness and put on the armor of light;

1 Cor 7:29: I mean, brothers and sisters, the appointed time has grown short; from now on, let even those who have wives be as though they had none,
1 Cor 7:31: For the present form of this world is passing away.
Phil 4:5: Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near.
1 Thess 4:15: For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will by no means precede those who have died.
Hebrews 1:2: but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son….

Hebews 10:37: For yet "in a very little while, the one who is coming will come and will not delay;”
James 5:8: You also must be patient. Strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near.
1 Peter 1:20: He [Christ] was destined before the foundation of the world, but was revealed at the end of the ages for your sake.
1 Peter 4:7: The end of all things is near….
1 John 2:18: Children, it is the last hour! As you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. From this we know that it is the last hour.
Rev 1:1: The revelation [the apocalypse] of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place….
Rev 3:11: [Jesus said] “I am coming soon….”
Rev 22:6: And he said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true, for the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place."
Rev 22:20: [Jesus said] “Surely I am coming soon.”

Not only Jesus, but all of the early followers expected the Kingdom within their own lifetimes. Embarrassing, I know...
Let me guess...1914...

Back