Santa Claus is Biblical!

This article is kind of off topic as it doesn't pertain specifically to Santa Claus, but it does address some of the reasons why the Roman Church picked December 25 to celebrate Jesus' birth.
Happy Christmas All !

flow....:)

First Dec. 25 Xmas tied to pagan shrine - Yahoo! News
Good article, thanks flow!
celebrating the birth of the sun god, Andrea Carandini, a professor of archaeology
at Rome's La Sapienza University,

I didn't know sun god's had last names. :D
Only a joke! (but, I've had professors like that.)

Good article, thanks flow!

I didn't know sun god's had last names. :D
Only a joke! (but, I've had professors like that.)

Hi Patti, I hope the holidays are treating you well.

Yeah, PhD's, all of those dudes and dudettes who know more and more about less and less.

flow....;)

his love transcends anything that we can feel or express. (Eph 2:4-7; Isa 55:8; Ro 11:33) His greatest manifestation of love, the most loving thing that a parent can do, he did for mankind. That was the giving of the life of his own faithful, only-begotten Son. (Joh 3:16)
I realize that JW’s have others best interest at heart, but JW’s are focused on watching and fleeing. Do you think that is your job? You are supposed to tell people the wonder and beauty of Christ, what He has done for you, and what He wants to do for them, not marching around carrying a sign saying that the end is near.

That is NOT manifesting love. Do you think that just because you can't express it excuses you from trying? What kind of garbage are they teaching you? :(

You are supposed to tell people the wonder and beauty of Christ, what He has done for you, and what He wants to do for them,
Jesus himself left his followers this command , it was the last thing he said to them before he went back to heaven. and its in MATTHEW 28;19-20

Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

And Jesus also said that a great preaching work would be going on , especially in our day.

And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. matthew 24;14

And the end is Goodnews, because then Gods kingdom can rule with no opposition .

because the end of manmade rulerships will happen , as Daniel 2;44 tells us .
And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;

its goodnews to know that soon Jesus will remove all opposers .

then the real life can start.:)nicccccccccce

pattimax;132801[FONT=Times New Roman said:
What kind of garbage are they teaching you? :([/font]

teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” matthew 28;20

teaching inline with Jesus,

and it is verrrry gooood :)

sticking to the bible and what it teaches is the way to go . and listening to the words of Jesus leads to everlasting life .

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. John 17;3

and there are no manmade doctrines insight , :)

Jesus himself left his followers this command , it was the last thing he said to them before he went back to heaven. and its in MATTHEW 28;19-20

Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

And Jesus also said that a great preaching work would be going on , especially in our day.

And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. matthew 24;14

And the end is Goodnews, because then Gods kingdom can rule with no opposition .

because the end of manmade rulerships will happen , as Daniel 2;44 tells us .
And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;

its goodnews to know that soon Jesus will remove all opposers .

then the real life can start.:)nicccccccccce

Yeah, yeah, yeah - I hear you. If you REALLY focused on what Jesus taught,there would be no objection.

But your focus is on how all of Christianity is wrong, except for Jehovah's Witnesses.

Yeah, yeah, yeah - I hear you. If you REALLY focused on what Jesus taught,there would be no objection.

its because we focus on what Jesus taught that there is great opposition.

They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.

Jesus was no part of the world and he knew that his followers would also be no part of the world

Jesus answered: “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”

To be no part of the world, they had to be no part of religious systems that were deeply involved in the affairs of the world and that had absorbed doctrines and customs from ancient Babylon, the longtime enemy of true worship.

MODERN-DAY religion is, for the most part, very much a part of the world, so it shares in the world’s celebrations and reflects its nationalistic spirit. Its clergy often acknowledge that fact, and many of them like it that way. In sharp contrast, Jesus said of his true followers: “They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.”—John 17:16.

and it brings great opposition .

if there was no opposition it would not be the right religion .

its because we focus on what Jesus taught that there is great opposition.

They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.

Jesus was no part of the world and he knew that his followers would also be no part of the world

Jesus answered: “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”

To be no part of the world, they had to be no part of religious systems that were deeply involved in the affairs of the world and that had absorbed doctrines and customs from ancient Babylon, the longtime enemy of true worship.

MODERN-DAY religion is, for the most part, very much a part of the world, so it shares in the world’s celebrations and reflects its nationalistic spirit. Its clergy often acknowledge that fact, and many of them like it that way. In sharp contrast, Jesus said of his true followers: “They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.”—John 17:16.

and it brings great opposition .

if there was no opposition it would not be the right religion .
Be in the world, not of it...big difference.

that is right ,christians have to live in the world but they are not a part of its ways . they are no part of the world.
No, that is where you are misconstruing the message. We are part of the world, whether we like it or not. It sustains us, and we help sustain it. We are in the world for the same reason. To not be "of" the world, is to not be of the ways of natural man, and has nothing to do with nature itself.

I hate when the message is convoluted.

No, that is where you are misconstruing the message. We are part of the world, whether we like it or not. It sustains us, and we help sustain it. We are in the world for the same reason. To not be "of" the world, is to not be of the ways of natural man, and has nothing to do with nature itself.

I hate when the message is convoluted.

was Jesus a part of the religious system, was Jesus a part of the political system . NO at one time people even tried to make him a king, but he knew that it was not the time to take up kingship at that time ,he went along with Gods purpose ,he knew that his kingship was to be in heaven at a future time .

Therefore Jesus, knowing they were about to come and seize him to make him king, withdrew again into the mountain all alone.John 6;15

he only had one thought and that was to do the will of his father Jehovah.

and his followers do the same , they are inline with Gods purpose and that is their focus .

to do the will of God .

Why is separateness from the world so important? Because Satan is this world’s ruler. Christians would not want to become part of a world that is under his control.—Luke 4:5-8; John 14:30; 1 John 5:19.

mee, yu said that jehovah was the ruler of this world.. on his throne....blah...blah... but now you claim that satan is the ruler. which is it. you cant have both .

was Jesus a part of the religious system, was Jesus a part of the political system . NO at one time people even tried to make him a king, but he knew that it was not the time to take up kingship at that time ,he went along with Gods purpose ,he knew that his kingship was to be in heaven at a future time .

Therefore Jesus, knowing they were about to come and seize him to make him king, withdrew again into the mountain all alone.John 6;15

he only had one thought and that was to do the will of his father Jehovah.

and his followers do the same , they are inline with Gods purpose and that is their focus .

to do the will of God .

Why is separateness from the world so important? Because Satan is this world’s ruler. Christians would not want to become part of a world that is under his control.—Luke 4:5-8; John 14:30; 1 John 5:19.

The Sanhedrin "were" the politians Mee. Jesus was like Joe Lieberman...a break away. He did what was right, not what was politically correct...

"mee, yu said that jehovah was the ruler of this world.. on his throne....blah...blah... but now you claim that satan is the ruler. which is it"
Oddly, his sect believes that Satan was in charge of the world up to 1914, but since then Jesus has been in charge. Seems to me that Satan was doing a better job.

my point exactly, bob. so Im not trying to stir you up mee, Im just confused because you did say that (about 1914) so please explain. Oh, I mean in laymans terms. not quotes. you know how I feel about quotes. (hugs to iggy)

mee, yu said that jehovah was the ruler of this world.. on his throne....blah...blah... but now you claim that satan is the ruler. which is it. you cant have both .
satan still has great power down here on the earth because human goverment are STILL ruling ,

Jesus has recieved his kingship of the heavenly kingdom goverment dANIEL 2;44 DANIEL 7;13-14 and many things are going on that Jesus is directing ,such as the global preaching of the GOODNEWS matthew 24;14

but he has yet to go inTo action to put an end to manmade rulerships that are in the power of the wicked one(satan)1 JOHN 5;19

Back