A question about Muslims

Pico

Reaction score
Do Muslims claim to be children of Ishmael (the son of Abraham and Hagar)? I've heard that many do.

No, Muslims are those who follow the religion of Islam, as in those who have submitted themselves to god. ;)

I am assuming you were talking about Arabs, perhaps?
In that case you are correct in your claim.

Arabs consider themselves to be the descendent of Ishmael. The word Arab here might not include Arabic speaking North Africans since most of them were not Arabs, they were arabianised.

The arabs of mecca considered themselves to be from the Adnaan clan of the sons of Qidaar bin Ismael. Qidaar was one of 12 sons of Ismael.

so back at the beginning, was it adam and eve. ? I know this is probably toooooo basic fo r a lot of you, but Im trying to work out the absolute beginning of it all. for christians adam and eve were the start of humanisation on this planet. were they not? what about the muslims, bahai, hindi,did it start with adam and eve as well. or a version of them?

Why do you think so many male muslims are beeped off with women? Some are a bit too grudging. Sorry lol, They beleive in the idea of adam and eve to an extent... Adam being the male population and eve being a female population.... I think... lol

Hi Graymare,

so back at the beginning, was it adam and eve. ? I know this is probably toooooo basic fo r a lot of you, but Im trying to work out the absolute beginning of it all. for christians adam and eve were the start of humanisation on this planet. were they not? what about the muslims, bahai, hindi,did it start with adam and eve as well. or a version of them?

I was talking with a Hindi woman once and asked this very question. If I remember correctly their beginning takes place at almost the same time as the Jewish history (4000bc). Makes me think of the tower of babel bible story.

Joe

or was it caveman joe and cavewoman johanna?

A long, long time ago . . . came two extraterrestrials, a space man and a space woman, from a galaxy far, far away . . . They came here in a dish-shaped space ship . . . and were beamed onto the surface by their colleagues.

They came here for a vacation, but unfortunately, the space ship that brought them here was attacked by extraterrestrials of another kind and destroyed while it was exploring the rest of the solar system.

. . . and they couldn't go home anymore.

The space man and space woman thought, oh well, we'll just make ourselves at home.....

:D

Do Muslims claim to be children of Ishmael (the son of Abraham and Hagar)? I've heard that many do.

Abraham had two wives. One is Hazra.
Ishmael came through Hazra, you pronounce (Hagar)
The decedent of Ishmael knows as Bani Ismail.
Through other wife’s decedent known as Bani Israel.
David , Moses come through this branch.

No, Muslims are those who follow the religion of Islam, as in those who have submitted themselves to god. ;)

I am assuming you were talking about Arabs, perhaps?
In that case you are correct in your claim.

Ah, that was it. Arabic muslims. Got my stuff mixed up :p

Dear Islam is not nation religion
which means we Muslims do not care lineage we are and what we care about is searching the best way to be good servant to God
with best regards

Back