The Trinity, from the JW view.

Of what benefit or detriment is trinitarian versus non trinitarian doctrine? What recommends one over the other? IOW, in rejecting the trinity, what have we lost (or gained)?

Chris

Hi Chris,
It's most likely different for each person, for me (non-trinitarian) it comes in a search for truth. From a biblical perspective it helps me to define, visualize and to feel who I perceive G!d to be. It gives me a direction to where I should present my prayer and provides guidance for this path, life.
For the trinitarian who perceives that the bible supports the trinity, I most likely will hear the same as what I have posted. Come to think of it, any religion might say the same thing. For now as a Christian I want to see G!d as truthfully as I can. Is that an answer?

Joe

Hi Chris,
It's most likely different for each person, for me (non-trinitarian) it comes in a search for truth. From a biblical perspective it helps me to define, visualize and to feel who I perceive G!d to be. It gives me a direction to where I should present my prayer and provides guidance for this path, life.
For the trinitarian who perceives that the bible supports the trinity, I most likely will hear the same as what I have posted. Come to think of it, any religion might say the same thing. For now as a Christian I want to see G!d as truthfully as I can. Is that an answer?

Joe

Thanks Joe! Do you think that maybe the weight of tradition supporting the trinity is an encumbrance for you where it may be a benefit for someone with a more traditionalist perspective?

Chris

Of what benefit or detriment is trinitarian versus non trinitarian doctrine? What recommends one over the other? IOW, in rejecting the trinity, what have we lost (or gained)?

Chris
this is about who God is, who you worship, who you have a personal relationship with, who you ask for forgiveness, and who saves your soul. you cant ask jesus for forgiveness and be forgiven if he is not God. if he is God then you will ask him and you will be forgiven. Salvation comes only from God. Whoever puts his faith in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see that life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Hi Chris,
Thanks Joe! Do you think that maybe the weight of tradition supporting the trinity is an encumbrance for you where it may be a benefit for someone with a more traditionalist perspective?
Chris

For me, a bible reading doesn't support trinitarianism. I don't see much truth in the fantastical biblical exegesis that pervades most of Christendom. So maybe the trinity is just a small piece that I find included in the "weight of tradition".
I have noticed that the singing and praise to G!d in trinitarian and non trinitarian churches is about the same.

Joe

I have noticed that the singing and praise to G!d in trinitarian and non trinitarian churches is about the same.
Whoa, don't tell anybody!!

Q says 97% of Christendom is trinitarian. I have no idea. What would your take be?

Which churches, denominations have you attended that are non trinitarian?

I understand Josh, but isn't the mystery of the trinity sort of a gateway to other mysteries?

Chris
Indeed. An enigma, wrapped in mystery, surrounded by a secret. An onion for us to peel back, layer by layer and still be excited about what is next. God, doesn't want us to get bored.

i would up the percent of what Q said, im saying 100% of christendom is trinitarian. i mean people dont sit around and say, i think im trinitarian... but christians believe in the divinity and deity of Christ and in doing so have automatically made themselves trinitarians. believing in christ they are forgiven by Christ, they are saved by Christ, and they are born again in Christ. Because of that, he is their personal saviour, and salvation is only thru Christ. And because salvation is also only thru God, any christian then makes the association, and truthfully so, that Jesus is God. However, jw's and other religions that know of Jesus, redefine him which goes against what he said and what he did and what he can do and what God and the prophets have said about the Son. and in doing so, no longer worship God in truth, because the truth is in Christ - He is the way, the truth, and the life. Once you have redefined God by stripping away the Son, and the Holy spirit from the Father as one God, then you no longer fall under Christianity. that doesnt mean you cant be saved or that we cant love one another, that means you are not understanding for various reasons, unless the spirit reveals it to you and you deny it anyway. because one of the main purposes of the spirit is to reveal Christ as Lord. The nature of christianity is to spread the gospel, continue the work of christ, and love god and one another--that is the main purpose, and we have to let God do the rest. a jw or other religious person leaving their organization in place of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, because the spirit has touched him and revealed the nature of God, will not be the first time or last time someone has sought out the truth of God and found it in his Son. and from many years of experience i cant tell you that when they have let go of traditions, culture, or other social investments that defines religion for them and seek God thru a humble, desperate, and many times broken heart, they find themselves a completely different person, and reborn thru Jesus Christ, saved by grace, and it is a beautiful thing.

I talk and ask questions, and think about the answers. Mee does not.

i dont need to think about if the trinity is right or wrong i have already done that and worn the teeshirt, i know it is not a bible teaching , that is why i only put over what the bible really teaches because thoughts of the trinity are far behind me now and i am only interested in what the bible really teaches . and i like to promote what the bible really teaches.

i would like to know how you know what i am thinking :confused: i dont need to ask questions because i dont need to do that any more .

Chris
The trinity is false and the real bible teaching is true . :)

The trinity is false and the real bible teaching is true . :)
No, the Trinity is a truism, but human doctrine can be false. The bible is rift with the Trinity concept, including the new testament. Funny thing about "blinders", they keep a horse from spooking, but they also keep a horse from seeing danger coming in from the side and behind.

if you read your bible it will be clear:)
That answer is a non-sequiter. (no answer at all). Too bad you can't stand on merit, when questions do not fall into the realm of the Watch Tower. You bring this on yourself Mee, when you attack what others hold true, as being false according to you or your Elders' vision.

Many persons think the trinity is a Christian teaching based on God’s Word, the Bible.

However, early Roman Catholic writers did not hesitate to admit that the trinity could not be proved by Scripture alone.

Cardinal Hosius is quoted as having said: "We believe the doctrine of a triune God, because we have received it by tradition, though not mentioned at all in Scripture." (Conf. Cathol. Fidei, Chap. XXVI) Other persons are just as frank about declaring the trinity to be of pagan origin.

Arthur Weigall, in his book The Paganism in Our Christianity, states: "Jesus Christ never mentioned such a phenomenon, and nowhere in the New Testament does the word ‘Trinity’ appear." He says the idea of a coequal trinity "was only adopted by the [Roman Catholic] Church three hundred years after the death of our Lord; and the origin of the conception is entirely pagan."

Many persons think the trinity is a Christian teaching based on God’s Word, the Bible.

However, early Roman Catholic writers did not hesitate to admit that the trinity could not be proved by Scripture alone.

Cardinal Hosius is quoted as having said: "We believe the doctrine of a triune God, because we have received it by tradition, though not mentioned at all in Scripture." (Conf. Cathol. Fidei, Chap. XXVI) Other persons are just as frank about declaring the trinity to be of pagan origin.

Arthur Weigall, in his book The Paganism in Our Christianity, states: "Jesus Christ never mentioned such a phenomenon, and nowhere in the New Testament does the word ‘Trinity’ appear." He says the idea of a coequal trinity "was only adopted by the [Roman Catholic] Church three hundred years after the death of our Lord; and the origin of the conception is entirely pagan."
That is an opinion of one man who questioned the very faith he was leading. He questioned God's very existence, as well. Come on mee, you can do better than that.

Back