He is Risen!

I should not have used that title... I apologize.

I greatly appreciate your thoughts, so pardon me...

but if it happens I won't edit anything you write because I no longer care.

Aren't you being a little like Pontious Pilate?

If I were to edit the original post it would be to suggest an alternate:

Jesus rebuked the mosquito and said, "Eat Me." - paraphrased.

The mosquito would not bite into the food for thought, so a wind carried the mosquito away to where it fell prey. Are my words mocking? Will they be edited or moderated too? These are now my words. They are honest... I have proven them true.

Just to be clear, I did not mean I no longer care about the people here. I wish the very best for you all. I just meant that I was over it.

I don't think this one is over.

The golden rule: Bite others as your would that others bite you... ?

No, bite others as they would like to be bitten.:D
In other words do NOT censor! I agree: Matthew 15:25-28 demonstrates it. In other words don't bite what is not given. Yet the sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath. Some things are given by God. On the other hand Jesus taught to eat whatever is placed before you. To hear the unjust judge. In other words, to bite what is given whether clean or not, with unclean hands or not. Also if weeds are planted, do not uproot them... do not censor.

Where we disagree is when you carry it to the offering: Say to others what they want to hear. Judge others as they wish to be judged. That mosquito in the censored OP recieved words he did not wish to hear. He was rebuked with words without being asked. "Bite me". Yipes!

As an example, with my own children: Shame on me if I don't listen to them. We agree there. But then shame on me if I do NOT say the words when they do NOT wish to hear them... or when I do NOT want the consequences for saying them. :D

Galatians 5 (good chapter!)

13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!

1 Peter 5 (another good chapter!)

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.​

So then the devil roared, and devoured the mosquito.
Whereas Jesus rebuked the mosquito and said, "Devour me".

Matthew 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Not that which goes into the ear defiles a person, but that which comes out of their mouth.

There is a nice symmetry in this: Death initially came by a man, and resurrection from death came by a man. Everybody dies in Adam; everybody comes alive in Christ. But we have to wait our turn: Christ is first, then those with him at his Coming, the grand consummation when, after crushing the opposition, he hands over his kingdom to God the Father. He won't let up until the last enemy is down—and the very last enemy is death! 1 Corinthians 15:21-4

Please don't lose sight of the bigger picture ... Christ has devoured death. God truly adores us, remember this only has to be phase one.

There is a nice symmetry in this: Death initially came by a man, and resurrection from death came by a man. Everybody dies in Adam; everybody comes alive in Christ. But we have to wait our turn: Christ is first, then those with him at his Coming, the grand consummation when, after crushing the opposition, he hands over his kingdom to God the Father. He won't let up until the last enemy is down—and the very last enemy is death! 1 Corinthians 15:21-4

Please don't lose sight of the bigger picture ... Christ has devoured death. God truly adores us, remember this only has to be phase one.
I don't know if God adores us. But I have no doubt He loves us. Here is an irony, not every man has died in Adam. I wonder about that. What did they have that God said "I will take you home before death" Yet we are told that every man is appointed to die once.

Not that God can't do as He chooses, but the Bible seems conflicting on the why of this issue. Does anyone know the answer? For example: Abraham died, but Enoch and Elijah did not. Jesus died and rose (ok that was different), but then so did Lazarus. And again so did the little girl, and the son of Peter's friend.

I simply find a confusing irony in what God declares must happen to every man, yet there are exceptions to the rule, with no explanation as to why, unless I'm missing the boat?

I simply find a confusing irony in what God declares must happen to every man, yet there are exceptions to the rule, with no explanation as to why, unless I'm missing the boat?

Spiritual death vs. physical death?

Or death of egoic self vs. physical death?

Just tossing out a few ideas. I've not thought this through much. :eek:

Spiritual death vs. physical death?

Or death of egoic self vs. physical death?

Just tossing out a few ideas. I've not thought this through much. :eek:
Don't know. Enoch did not physically die, neither did Elijah. Jesus did, but we are told His spirit was alive and well while He was unfettered by his physical form. Lazurus may have done both, for when he came back, he was confused and complacent. The little girl and little boy needed food after they were raised. How interesting that a dead body revived would require food immediately after the revival, except Jesus'. But His body could not be touched for awhile, because the "transformation" was incomplete. So many variations here to consider...

I don't know if God adores us. But I have no doubt He loves us.

I looked up the definition of adore in Merriam Webster. There were three: the first said to honor or worship as a deity- Definitely not, I’ll give you that. The second: to regard with loving admiration and devotion, example: He adored his wife, that one is mine, and three : to be very fond of, example: adores pecan pie. I’ll take that one, also.

Here is an irony, not every man has died in Adam. I wonder about that.

Every man DID die in Adam, in the sense we are discussing here. Remember that garden incident back in Genesis? All of us inherited Adam’s disobedience and denial doesn’t change the facts. We were, in a sense (and this is what we are talking about here), born dead spiritually. Some of us just don’t know or acknowledge it, and this is the problem.
What did they have that God said "I will take you home before death" Yet we are told that every man is appointed to die once.
“We”- who? Nobody has told me that. In Hebrews 9:27 , “It is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment.” Revelation speaks of a second death, so I’m not sure I follow. I think Hebrews may be speaking of a physical death. We are talking spiritual death.

It's nice to talk with you Q. Sorry about my vile beginnings at the start of this thread. Ditzy me didn't even see it at first.

I looked up the definition of adore in Merriam Webster. There were three: the first said to honor or worship as a deity- Definitely not, I’ll give you that. The second: to regard with loving admiration and devotion, example: He adored his wife, that one is mine, and three : to be very fond of, example: adores pecan pie. I’ll take that one, also.

Every man DID die in Adam, in the sense we are discussing here. Remember that garden incident back in Genesis? All of us inherited Adam’s disobedience and denial doesn’t change the facts. We were, in a sense (and this is what we are talking about here), born dead spiritually. Some of us just don’t know or acknowledge it, and this is the problem.

“We”- who? Nobody has told me that. In Hebrews 9:27 , “It is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment.” Revelation speaks of a second death, so I’m not sure I follow. I think Hebrews may be speaking of a physical death. We are talking spiritual death.

It's nice to talk with you Q. Sorry about my vile beginnings at the start of this thread. Ditzy me didn't even see it at first.
Hi Patti!

I'm referring to those humans that never physically died. What of them?

And I think the adore part might be the second one as in adores his wife, though personally I have a hard time with that one. I can't see myself in a white gown before Jesus...so it has to be metaphorical, or else once in heaven there is no gender. Christ is easy for women, not so much for men...

i tried real hard to follow these posts and i have read and reread them over and over. and i still cannot for the life of me, work out what you two were arguing over??? btw.......... how did enoch adnd elijah die but not physically die??? where do i find these stories and where do i find an explanation??

Back