Jehovah's Witnesses grow by 'devious' methods, charge anti-missionaries

Mee Been over a week and no word from the watchtowr on this thread..... sup wid da?
no word from mee because i was banned for a few weeks because others did not like my belief .:) oh dear :D

You as well? Sorry to hear. Welcome back.

well you know how the saying goes ........ change is as good as a rest
and now i am ready to go .

i have been on another site making known the GOODNEWS:) But there is always room for a bit more goodnews on here .
:)

I was wondering where you were mee :)
mee is back
alive and full of GOODNEWS :)from the bible

"Sing to Jehovah, bless his name. From day to day tell the good news of salvation by him."—PSALM 96:2.

I have a lot of respect for Jehovah's Witnesses because they have the right attitude of wanting to be devoted to God alone (or Jehovah), and they are strongly against idolatrous practices such as praying to saints as well as fashioning icons and images of them. Everyone knows how important the Ten Commandments are, yet how easily the first two commandments are forgotten and violated:

You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them (Exodus 20:3-5)

I commend Jehovah's Witnesses for going against the mainstream culture and "orthodoxy" and instead trying to follow the commandments of Jehovah no matter how unpopular it may be with the rest of society. This is definitely the right attitude.

However, as a Muslim, I do have some major differences and objections against JW beliefs. As a Muslim, I believe that there is only One God, and He has no equal or partner. I believe that Jesus was the promised messiah, a very pious human being and a prophet, but I do not believe he should be elevated to the status of a deity or god.

The Messiah son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their food. See how Allah does make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth! (5:75)

Alex P said:
You believe jesus was the messiah???? Wow... I thought muslims saw him only as a prophet? I don't see how that you view then differs much from the JW's they too see him not as god... They do see him as a messiah though.

The sacred Quran teaches that Jesus was indeed the promised messiah being expected by the children of Israel. He is called as Maseeh (messiah) in many places of the Quran. He was both a prophet and messenger of Allah.

The word messiah comes from Hebrew word Moshiach which means someone who is annointed. The Israelites used to be ruled by prophets who were also kings, such as Kings David and Solomon (alaihimus salam). These kings were annointed with oil over their head. However, when the children of Israel began to turn away from the devotion to One God and began to pray to idols and copy the pagan cultures around them, God punished them by taking away their kings and allowing for foreign empires to oppress and rule over them. But God promised to them that He would redeem them and restore their king (messiah) to them. Thus Allah sent Jesus son of Mary as the expected messiah. Some believed in him while other rejected him. However, many Christians are confused as to what the messiah really is. They have elevated the messiah from being a human being chosen by God as a king into a divine "man-god".

Jehovah's Witness, unlike orthodox Christians, reject the doctrine of the trinity, which Islam also rejects. However, as far as I know, JWs still regard Jesus as the only begotten "son of God" having (God forbid) the same essence of God, and being a human manifestation of God. It is this belief which I take strong exception to.

However, as a Muslim, I do have some major differences and objections against JW beliefs. As a Muslim, I believe that there is only One God, and He has no equal or partner. I believe that Jesus was the promised messiah,
Yes the most high has no equal as you mentioned, and the bible informs of this .
That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth.
psalm 83;18

he is the most high , but that most high who is also known as the (ANCIENT OF DAYS)has given the son of man (Jesuschrist)great aurthority as
DANIEL 7;13-14 informs us

However, as far as I know, JWs still regard Jesus as the only begotten "son of God" having (God forbid) the same essence of God, and being a human manifestation of God. It is this belief which I take strong exception to.
human manifestation of God :confused: this is not a Jehovahs witness belief.
Jesus is Gods son

Definition:

The only-begotten Son of God, the only Son produced by Jehovah alone. This Son is the firstborn of all creation.

By means of him all other things in heaven and on earth were created. He is the second-greatest personage in the universe.

It is this Son whom Jehovah sent to the earth to give his life as a ransom for mankind, thus opening the way to eternal life for those of Adam’s offspring who would exercise faith.

This same Son, restored to heavenly glory, now rules as King, with authority to destroy all the wicked and to carry out his Father’s original purpose for the earth.

The Hebrew form of the name Jesus means "Jehovah Is Salvation"; Christ is the equivalent of the Hebrew Ma·shi´ach (Messiah), meaning "Anointed One."

mee said:
The only-begotten Son of God, the only Son produced by Jehovah alone

Respectfully, I cannot accept this, and my question is if Jesus is the only "son" produced by God, than what about the rest of God's creation? Who produced us? Jesus was created like any other human being, he was nothing but human, he ate food, drank water, went to sleep, and even answered the call of nature. His being "special" is only in the sense that he was a pious human being whom Allah chose to be His messenger to the people of Israel. All of his miracles were given to him by the authority of God, and Jesus himself said: "By myself I can do nothing" (John 5:30)

mee said:
By means of him all other things in heaven and on earth were created

The creation of the heavens and the earth was by God and God alone, no one shared in His power or glory and no one else can take credit for what He alone did and does. Jesus was just a human being, he came out of a woman's womb, he was not the creator of the universe.

It is this Son whom Jehovah sent to the earth to give his life as a ransom for mankind, thus opening the way to eternal life for those of Adam’s offspring who would exercise faith.

Every soul must bear its own burden, sins cannot be "transferred" from one soul to the other. Redemption does not lie in someone being crucified and bearing the punishment for our own sins. Redemption lies in turning back to Allah and being devoted to Him alone, repenting our sins to Him alone, and rejecting all false gods and idols. Islam is the path of devotion, devotion to the One True God (Allah). He has no sons or daughters, He has no father or mother, He is without beginning and without end.

Jesus was sent by Allah to preach this very message, and following this message is the way to salvation.

Not that I can determine or second guess god... But I know YHWH doesn't share his glory with any... And to claim jesus was responsible for the creations of heaven and earth and all upon it.... I think that would be a slap in the face to YHWH.

In the beginning YHWH created the heavens and the earth.......

I fail to see jesus mentioned.
without JEHOVAH there would be no power , the power comes from Jehovah , but Jesus was the only one created by Jehovah alone, that is why he is known as the FIRST-BORN of creation ,

everything else in the universe was created through Jesus as the bible itself informs us ,
but the power to create comes from the most high JEHOVAH .

remember in Genesis it says LET US MAKE MAN . JEHOVAH is the most high ,without him there would be nothing , and as his name Jehovah means HE CAUSES TO BECOME it has great meaning in that name

Unusual for you... :/ You normally put bible scriptures in your posts... Could you kindly give me scriptures that;

A: Show jesus was the first ever creation.
B: jesus has a share in YHWH's glory.
C: jesus created the heaven's and the earth.

Not that I can determine or second guess god... But I know YHWH doesn't share his glory with any... And to claim jesus was responsible for the creations of heaven and earth and all upon it.... I think that would be a slap in the face to YHWH.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;

because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him. Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist,

Col. 1:15-17,

Jehovah himself produced me as the beginning of his way, the earliest of his achievements of long ago.
From time indefinite I was installed, from the start, from times earlier than the earth. proverbs 8;22-23

then I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I came to be the one he was specially fond of day by day, I being glad before him all the time, being glad at the productive land of his earth, and the things I was fond of were with the sons of men.
proverbs 8;30-31

For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him. John 3;16-17

In the beginning YHWH created the heavens and the earth.......

I fail to see jesus mentioned.

If i may, Christianity acknowledges Jesus and the Father as both YHWH. And the Son is the brightness of His glory, the exact representation of God's Nature. It is because they are both YHWH, both Lord of all things, that they both are glorified as YHWH. It is Elohim (God) that created the heavens, that is it is the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit which all took part in creation.

Back