Jehovah's Witnesses grow by 'devious' methods, charge anti-missionaries

ok back to the thread :) its good to get on the right track we can get all lost and confused.

"the word of Jehovah went on growing,"

(Acts 6:7; 12:24; 19:20)

the good news—the stirring message of divine truth, a living, powerful message that changed the lives of those who accepted it.—Hebrews 4:12.

and it still does :)there are a GREAT CROWD in all nations . REVELATION 7;9-10
And they have done a complete change around in thought and action , after responding to the GOODNEWS MATTHEW 24;14:)

worcs? now where is that ,is it up or down from mee:) now that would depend where i am :D

People think it is easy to mask their ID online... I got tired of the mystery cloak of mee... So I decided to probe instead of guess... Sorry for being nosey :p But had to know for some reason.. :D But now I've answered all my questions I'll just leave it there

last week in the UK a case came to court involving a dead 24 year old woman who, as a jehovahs witness, refused a blood transfusion and died... the doctors knew her wishes, and yet, being doctors, they waited til she was unconscious and asked her family if they would overturn her decision so that they could keep her alive. The parents did not, as they were JW's too... the woman, a girl really, of 24, left behind a small child, who is now being dragged up to believe the same idiocy as the rest of the JW's...

personally, if I had my way I would declare this behaviour to be no more than a sign of pretty severe mental illness, and would "section" all JW's and remove their right to decide on their own medical treatment, and while this may be unpalatable for those who think everyone should have the right to belive what they choose, I think that this action would help to save a few lives every year...

We do not allow terminally ill people to commit suicide- so why should we allow a religious group? we have no problem incarcirating without trial all those people who we deem to be mentally ill, to protect them and society when their only crime is to think differently, so why not JW's..?

The indignation is understandable!

But if you think about it......they're not really suffering a mental illness. Their beliefs and sense of reality are just different to our's. It's like their minds are in another universe but their bodies are here. We can call them delusional, but I don't think we can say they're suffering mental illness. The "disease" is not mental. Mentally they're functioning normally.

Their minds have simply been filled with ideas that from our perspective, are "delusions" because they don't live as we live, or as we would want them to live.

I say it's our perspective not because I disagree with you about their "condition" and "state of mind," but because it is just our perspective, even though it's the perspective of mainstream society. I agree with you, it's ridiculous, but......

It's not that we're wrong. It's just that there is no absolutely right way to live one's life. Also, what they're doing isn't absolutely wrong.

In an ideal world, I would spend the time to try to reason with everybody who deviates from the mindset of mainstream society. But I just don't have the time so I wouldn't bother.:)

I got tired of the mystery cloak of mee...

no mystery about it ,i am one of JEHOVAHS WITNESSES and i belong in that great ever growing crowd from all nations revelation 7;9-10
and we all like to promote bible truth and the GOODNEWS of the heavenly kingdom goverment with Jesus as reigning king
Daniel 2;44 matthew 24;14

and it is very good :) and it is no mystery any longer.

and talking about sacred secrets

The sacred secrets of God and other "mysteries" of the Bible, such as that of Babylon the Great, are therefore things, not to be kept secret forever, but to be revealed by Jehovah God in his own time to those who look to him and to whom he chooses to reveal them.

those who are chosen to understand the sacred secret of God are bound, not to keep it secret, but to give it the widest possible proclamation and publication. and here they are spoken of in matthew 24;45-47

and they feed mee very well , its the channel if truth is what one is after.

do you have anything written in this century?

metta,

~v
:) i think that link was from 1990. but it is still very good reading and most informative for today .

but as mee knows , Jehovahs witnesses are progressive indeed and new info is more than likely just around the corner in more ways than one ;)

:) i think that link was from 1990. but it is still very good reading and most informative for today .

but as mee knows , Jehovahs witnesses are progressive indeed and new info is more than likely just around the corner in more ways than one ;)

the link was but the information contained therein was from the mid 1980's.

technology has changed dramatically since then.

metta,

~v

You made me snort my coffee...you *#@+%# !! :p

Good for you... :)

Those who have a real belife in god however, would trust his word over any mans, so it doesn't matter how old something is, if it was written yesterday or a thousand years ago, or in the future... If you believe in god his word is truth..... John 17:17 :)

Good for you... :)

Those who have a real belife in god however, would trust his word over any mans, so it doesn't matter how old something is, if it was written yesterday or a thousand years ago, or in the future... If you believe in god his word is truth..... John 17:17 :)

Trouble is "He" has never actually said anything :D

Back