why you think Muslims invite you to Islam?!

Hado

Reaction score
In Islam
when you find something good you will invite others to it
in other word when I invite some one to Islam I invite him/her Cz I love them
but what our none Muslims brothers and sisters think about that ?
why you think Muslims invite you to Islam ?
with best regards..

Hado,

I think it's multilayered and I don't think it's much different than why Christianity or Buddhism do it.

On the one hand, you believe very strongly that you're right and the non-Muslim is wrong. If that is the case, their accepting your view would improve their life (and afterlife.)

On the other hand, I think many of these types of religions feel a certain threat in other groups that assert a different view of the world and set of traditions. Removal of this threat to the community's worldview is sometimes done by the sword and sometimes by a less violent but no less troublesome tactic which is dialogue, not to find commonality or discuss differences with respect for each other, but to prove you're correct and force your own view onto the other person. I don't think a good dialogue is very possible if one member of the conversation is trying to convert the other.

-- Dauer

Hado,

I think it's multilayered and I don't think it's much different than why Christianity or Buddhism do it.

On the one hand, you believe very strongly that you're right and the non-Muslim is wrong. If that is the case, their accepting your view would improve their life (and afterlife.)

On the other hand, I think many of these types of religions feel a certain threat in other groups that assert a different view of the world and set of traditions. Removal of this threat to the community's worldview is sometimes done by the sword and sometimes by a less violent but no less troublesome tactic which is dialogue, not to find commonality or discuss differences with respect for each other, but to prove you're correct and force your own view onto the other person. I don't think a good dialogue is very possible if one member of the conversation is trying to convert the other.

-- Dauer
I can understand your point dear brother
still in Islam the mission of someone who want to invite to Islam is convey the MSG of Islam only not try to convice people
so it`s not matter of trying to convert someone to Islam(I do not know about other religions) it`s matter of convey the MSG
and about respecting each others in Islam we allready respect None Muslims CZ there are our brothers and sisters from Adam and Eve
and in Islamic Sharia even the islamic government should support building place for worship for none Muslims
you may ask why you do not see that on the earth :confused:
the issue that some Muslims practice what they like only in Islam
anyway I still believe that the truth will overcome false so if every one invite others to a religion one day we will find all people have same religion
and that will surely finish conflict thus we all will live togather in one peacefull world

Hado~

Hado,

sharia doesn't treat non-muslims equally. It penalizes them for not being Muslim. Other places of worship are allowed but they aren't allowed to be higher than a mosque.

I don't think the way is to invite each other to different religions. The fact is that there are many religions inviting and people switching in all directions. It also is a subtle way of saying, "My religion is more right than yours." I think the best way to become more peaceful is to stop trying to convince each other that they should be like us but to instead respect each other's differences and value the diversity of religious expression and belief as something to be cherished rather than ended. I would really hate to see a world where everyone shared the same religion.

-- Dauer

Hado,

sharia doesn't treat non-muslims equally. It penalizes them for not being Muslim. Other places of worship are allowed but they aren't allowed to be higher than a mosque.

I don't think the way is to invite each other to different religions. The fact is that there are many religions inviting and people switching in all directions. It also is a subtle way of saying, "My religion is more right than yours." I think the best way to become more peaceful is to stop trying to convince each other that they should be like us but to instead respect each other's differences and value the diversity of religious expression and belief as something to be cherished rather than ended. I would really hate to see a world where everyone shared the same religion.

-- Dauer

Interesting discussion.

On this side of eternity, I can see why. We segregate ourselves toward what is most comfortable and familiar to us, even if we aren't dogmatic about our beliefs. Most people who are entrenched in their religion aren't going to be swayed. Usually, it's those that have a marginal association with their faith they grew up with that are succeptable to change. For example, if I were a Christmas and Easter Christian, not really practicing my faith or ignorant of it, but just chugging along for the free ride, the reins are held loosely. Til someone through some persuasive means convinces me to get interested in Islam. I've known people just like that. And isn't that how Malcolm X was introduced to the Black Muslim movement (mind you, I'm going by what I observed in the movie).

If there is an afterlife, do you think the divisions would change, seeing as we would finally know the Truth? Or would we still find our comfort zone?

Hey Dondi.

Sorry I missed your post, just found it.

I honestly don't know what would happen. If all we knew is that there is an afterlife I don't think much would change. If we all knew the details and how our actions in this world effected our experiences (or lack of experiences) in the next then I think people would do here whatever they had to do in order for things to be good for them there. What do you think?

-- Dauer

Assuming that their is an ultimate "Truth", which may or may not be reflected in any particular religion here on earth, I would think that there would have to at least be some kind of adjustment time while we integrate toward whatever the truth may be, you know what I mean. My feeling is that we would initially gravitate toward groups of people we are most familiar with and then experience the process of integration, taking the best parts of what we have already learned.

On the other hand, I don't see us melding to the point where we would all be the same. That would be rather boring, I should think. There is the idea in the Christian faith that nations, as well as individuals, would be judged, which would indicate some kind of segregation.

Dondi,

That's very interesting. Is Christianity considered a nation in that sense or something that overlaps many nations? For example, would an Armenian Christian and an Irish Christian be judged as members of the same nation or of different nations or, in algorithmic fashion would both Armenian/Irish and Christian be considered variables? What if those are only their nations of origin, a piece of their cultural identity that describes some of their folkways, the Armenian now being American and the Irishman now Canadian?

-- Dauer

Dondi,

That's very interesting. Is Christianity considered a nation in that sense or something that overlaps many nations? For example, would an Armenian Christian and an Irish Christian be judged as members of the same nation or of different nations or, in algorithmic fashion would both Armenian/Irish and Christian be considered variables? What if those are only their nations of origin, a piece of their cultural identity that describes some of their folkways, the Armenian now being American and the Irishman now Canadian?

-- Dauer

I didn't mean to imply that Christianity is a nation in and of itself. Nor am I'm implying that nations would be judged based on their adherance to some form of Christianity. Rather, and this is IMO, that nations will be collectively judge by God according to their righteousness. Not according to what belief systems are prominent, but on the basis of have treated other nations, other peoples. Has that nation been kind to the world. Have they helped the world be a better place, and so forth. Even the Hebrew scriptures seem to indicate judgement of God at a future time:

"And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." - Isaiah 2:4

The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
"O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah." - Psalm 67:4

"All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee." - Psalm 22:27

"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." - Isaiah 61:11

You get the idea. The same kind of verses can be found in the Christian scriptures as well.

I find it interesting this last verse in Isaiah 61. Kinda gives an image of God tending a garden. Now we know that gardening takes time and effort to care and nuture. Which means there will be some growing pains before we see all the nations bringing forth righteusness and praise.

ETA: But we are kinda getting offtrack from the OP. I don't want to be rude, especially since we are a Jew and a Christian discussion such issues in the Islam forum. Maybe someone of Islamic persuasion could shed some perspective on this?

For dauer and Dondi and all other brothers and sisteres please read the following carefulley :

What Does Islam Say about
the Day of Judgment?

Like Christians, Muslims believe that the present life is only a trial preparation for the next realm of existence. This life is a test for each individual for the life after death. A day will come when the whole universe will be destroyed and the dead will be resurrected for judgment by God. This day will be the beginning of a life that will never end. This day is the Day of Judgment. On that day, all people will be rewarded by God according to their beliefs and deeds. Those who die while believing that “There is no true god but God, and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God” and are Muslim will be rewarded on that day and will be admitted to Paradise forever, as God has said:

aqwas-ys.jpg
And those who believe and do good deeds, they are dwellers of Paradise, they dwell therein forever.
aqwas-ym.jpg
(Quran, 2:82)

But those who die while not believing that “There is no true god but God, and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God” or are not Muslim will lose Paradise forever and will be sent to Hellfire, as God has said:
aqwas-ys.jpg
And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will not be accepted from him and he will be one of the losers in the Hereafter.
aqwas-ym.jpg
(Quran, 3:85)

And as He has said:
aqwas-ys.jpg
Those who have disbelieved and died in disbelief, the earth full of gold would not be accepted from any of them if it were offered as a ransom. They will have a painful punishment, and they will have no helpers.
aqwas-ym.jpg
(Quran, 3:91)

One may ask, ‘I think Islam is a good religion, but if I were to convert to Islam, my family, friends, and other people would persecute me and make fun of me. So if I do not convert to Islam, will I enter Paradise and be saved from Hellfire?’
The answer is what God has said in the preceding verse, “And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will not be accepted from him and he will be one of the losers in the Hereafter.”
After having sent the Prophet Muhammad
salla.jpg
to call people to Islam, God does not accept adherence to any religion other than Islam. God is our Creator and Sustainer. He created for us whatever is in the earth. All the blessings and good things we have are from Him. So after all this, when someone rejects belief in God, His Prophet Muhammad
salla.jpg
, or His religion of Islam, it is just that he or she be punished in the Hereafter. Actually, the main purpose of our creation is to worship God alone and to obey Him, as God has said in the Holy Quran (51:56).

This life we live today is a very short life. The unbelievers on the Day of Judgment will think that the life they lived on earth was only a day or part of a day, as God has said:
aqwas-ys.jpg
He (God) will say, “How many years did you stay on the earth?” They will say: “We stayed a day or part of a day....”
aqwas-ym.jpg
(Quran, 23:112-113)

And He has said:
aqwas-ys.jpg
Did you then think that We had created you in jest (without any purpose), and that you would not be returned to Us (in the Hereafter)? So, God is exalted, the True King. None has the right to be worshipped but Him...
aqwas-ym.jpg
(Quran, 23:115-116)

The life in the Hereafter is a very real life. It is not only spiritual, but physical as well. We will live there with our souls and bodies.
In comparing this world with the Hereafter, the Prophet Muhammad
salla.jpg
said: {The value of this world compared to that of the Hereafter is like what your finger brings from the sea when you put it in and then take it out.} The meaning is that, the value of this world compared to that of the Hereafter is like a few drops of water compared to the sea.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great thread (shakes head).

Allah (swt) said there is no compulsion in religion. He also tells us that He will tell us the difference between us on the Day of Judgement.

The Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) said you have your religion and we have ours, he even said this to the Pagans of Mecca.

The Prophet also told us that Muslims would split into 73 sects.

Once the Prophet died Muslims started the murderous conquering and forced converting.

Yet to this day some Muslims talk of a big peaceful huggy world full of nothing but Muslims.

How on earth can anyone translate the words of Allah (swt) and our beloved Prophet into the whole world must be or should be Muslim? It makes no sense.

If Allah (swt) intended for the whole world to be Muslim then He would not tell us repeatedly in the Quran that He will tell us the difference between us on the Day of Judgement because there would be nothing to tell as we would all be the same religion!!

I love your post Muslimwoman! There's a verse in the Qur'an that I love about... (I wish I had the quote...) It says something to the effect that it will be well with Jews, Christians, Sabaeans, Muslims, anyone who believes God and the Last Day... I don't have it memorized.

Allah (swt) said there is no compulsion in religion. He also tells us that He will tell us the difference between us on the Day of Judgement.

The Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) said you have your religion and we have ours, he even said this to the Pagans of Mecca.

Once the Prophet died Muslims started the murderous conquering and forced converting.

Yet to this day some Muslims talk of a big peaceful huggy world full of nothing but Muslims.

How on earth can anyone translate the words of Allah (swt) and our beloved Prophet into the whole world must be or should be Muslim? It makes no sense.

If Allah (swt) intended for the whole world to be Muslim then He would not tell us repeatedly in the Quran that He will tell us the difference between us on the Day of Judgement because there would be nothing to tell as we would all be the same religion!!

Dawud said:
I love your post Muslimwoman! There's a verse in the Qur'an that I love about... (I wish I had the quote...) It says something to the effect that it will be well with Jews, Christians, Sabaeans, Muslims, anyone who believes God and the Last Day... I don't have it memorized.

I love this. It implies a certain latitude on our freedom of worship of a mutual God. Instead of trying to convert each other, we ought to encourage each other to seek God in the place where He has placed us. The Apostle Paul concurs:

"And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring." - Acts 17:26-28

I don't think God is so dogmatic that He's gonna hit us on technicalities.

[/color]

I love this. It implies a certain latitude on our freedom of worship of a mutual God. Instead of trying to convert each other, we ought to encourage each other to seek God in the place where He has placed us. The Apostle Paul concurs:

"And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring." - Acts 17:26-28

I don't think God is so dogmatic that He's gonna hit us on technicalities.

Yeah, I think we should focus more on God and less on each other.. what I mean by that is to focus on our love for God and love for God's creatures and encourage each other to do the same, to love God and His creatures, more so than trying to make everyone believe the same exact thing.

Everyone is responsible only for their own spiritual progression, not for others. We can help others if they want to be helped, teach others if they want to be taught, but ultimately we're only in charge of one thing, our own soul, whether I myself turn to God.

Dawud,

that is not always the case anymore and I'm not certain that was ever an entirely universal practice, though it used to be more prevalent.

-- Dauer

Hi Muslimwoman. I have a couple questions for you.

First, your views would seem very much at variance with our friend Hado here, who unless I’m mistaken represents pretty much the Muslim mainstream. In fact, your views sound pretty radical. So what place do you find in your community, as a woman with these opinions? And how do people (especially women) with your viewpoint fare in the various Muslim communities you know about?

I think you’re very courageous to admit the obvious: that Islam became an imperial religion, and a political prize among rival factions, almost as soon as Muhammad (pbuh) died. And I have sympathy with your desire to rescue the Prophet (pbuh) from the imperial weight of tradition. Your point of view seems to me very much akin to many people, both non-Christian and Christian, who would like to rescue Jesus from the oppression of dogmatic Christianity (the bookshelves are daily filling with the various attempts).

At the same time, you would appear to face the same problems as those who would rescue Jesus. Everything you know about Muhammad (pbuh) is filtered through texts shaped by tradition. Does the Quran really admit of the reading you would like to give it? When it comes to rescuing Jesus, one is in the ambiguous position of unearthing the real coin buried among the counterfeit. Overall, the text is weighted on the side of the dogmatic tradition that shaped it. Are you in a similar situation with the Quran? Or do you feel you can assimilate every word of it to your reading, and against the tradition?

Shanti.

Back