TV series!!! :D

Ah, good ones!
How about: Bonanza
Where my father-in-law lives in rural Norfolk, some 'city money' bought a big house in grounds, put up a white picket fence, and almost immediately got itself nicknamed 'The Ponderosa'! And Bonanza hasn't been on tv for years!

The Big Valley ... Have gun, will travel
Never heard of those. Were they on in the UK?

Thomas

Oh! How could I be so remiss?

The League of Gentlemen
Green Wing
Spaced
Black Books
I'm Alan Partridge

And ... oooh ... ooo vadge most welcome ...
Jam
Blue Jam (radio)
Brass Eye
The Day Today

The IT Crowd

Where my father-in-law lives in rural Norfolk, some 'city money' bought a big house in grounds, put up a white picket fence, and almost immediately got itself nicknamed 'The Ponderosa'! And Bonanza hasn't been on tv for years!
Cool!

Never heard of those. Were they on in the UK?

Thomas

I dunno, I've never been to the UK. I figured Bonanza, Gunsmoke, The Big Valley and the Rifleman all pretty well went together...seems they played together on afternoon TV for many years in one combination or another.

The Big Valley (which was about the Central San Joaquin Valley of California) was pretty much a spin on Bonanza, except Lorne Greene's character was replaced by Miss Barbara Stanwyck (sp?). Lee Majors played the role probably closest to Little Joe, he went on to do the 6 million dollar man, the Fall Guy, and married Farrah Faucet for a while. There was also a lovely young lady who I believe got her start on this series, Linda Evans, who later played on Dallas.

Have gun, will travel, starred Richard Boone, as the character Paladin. Which I presume is where our good friend around here by the same moniker got the name from.

nah, monkey

Like...the Monkees? Davey, Mickey, Mikey and Peter? With songs written by Neil Diamond? Guest appearances by the likes of Julie Newmar?

Hey Hey, We're the Monkees
and people say we're monkey'n around
but we're too busy singin'
to put anybody down...

No not the monkees..... Monkey, Thee monkey... As in Monkey King/god...

WIKI CUT + PASTE....

Sun Wukong was born from a mythical flower formed from the primal forces of chaos, located on the Huāguǒ-shān (Chinese: 花果山;mountain of flowers and fruit). After joining a clan of monkeys, he earned their respect by discovering the Shuǐlián-dòng (Chinese: 水帘洞;water-curtain cave) behind a large waterfall; the clan made it their new home. The other monkeys honored him as their king, and he called himself Měi Hóuwáng (handsome monkey king). However, he soon realized that despite his power over the monkeys, he was just like them, and was not beyond mortality. Determined to find immortality, he traveled on a raft to civilized lands, where he found and became the disciple of a Buddhist/Taoist Patriarch Bodhi. He was able to acquire human speech and manners through his travels.

Bodhi was initially reluctant to take him because he was not human, but the monkey's determination and perseverance impressed the patriarch. It was from him that the monkey received his official name Sun Wukong ("Sun" implies his origin as a monkey, and "Wukong" means aware of emptiness). Soon, his eagerness and intelligence made him one of the favorite disciples of the patriarch, whose guidance and training taught the monkey a number of magic arts. He acquired the powers of shapeshifting known as the "72 transformations", supposedly the more versatile and difficult set of skills that allows him to transform into every possible form of existence, including people and objects. People would be one type out of 72, plants would be another. He also learned about cloud-traveling, including a technique called the Jīndǒuyún (cloud-somersault), which covers 108,000 li (54,000 km) in a single flip. Finally, he could transform each of the 84,000 hairs on his body into inanimate objects and living beings, or even clones of himself. Sun Wukong became proud of his abilities, and began boasting to the other disciples. Bodhi was not happy with this, and cast him out of his temple. Before they parted ways, Bodhi made Wukong promise never to tell anyone how he acquired his powers.

Back at Huāguǒ-shān, Wukong established himself as one of the most powerful and influential demons in the world. In search of a weapon worthy of himself, Sun Wukong traveled into the oceans, where he acquired the "As-you-will Golden-banded Cudgel", known as Ruyi Jingu Bang (also known as Lork bong Jin Jan in Khmer), which could change its size, multiply itself, and fight according to the whim of its master. It was originally used by Dà-Yǔ to measure ocean depth and later became the "Pillar that pacifies the oceans", a treasure of Ao Guang, the "dragon-king of the Eastern Seas". It weighed 13,500 jin (8.1 tons). Upon Wukong's approach, the pillar started to glow, signifying that it had finally found its true master. Its versatility meant that Wukong could wield it as a staff and keep it inside his ear as a sewing needle. This drove fear into the magical beings of the sea and threw the sea itself into confusion, since nothing but the pillar itself could control the ebb and flow of the ocean's tides. In addition to taking the magical staff, Wukong also defeated the dragons of the four seas in battle and forced them to give him their best magical armor: a golden chain mail, a phoenix-feather cap, and cloud-walking boots. Sun Wukong then defied Hell's attempt to collect his soul. Instead of reincarnating like all other living beings, he not only wiped his name out of the "Book of Life and Death", but also scraped out the names of all the other monkeys known to him. The Dragon Kings and the Kings of Hell decided to report him to the Jade Emperor of Heaven.

Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in!!!

And, 'fess-up time, I had a thing for Judy Carne ... mind you, at that age, I probably would have had a thing for any girl sans bra in a wet t-shirt!

I remember years later someone saying that because she refused to wear a bra, the production company insisted she was 'taped down' to prevent any, er, unnecessary, er ... movement!

"v-e-e-e-r-y interesting!"

Hi Alex —

Can tell alot about someone by what they watch lol....

If you know Green Wing, I have chosen Dr Statham as my role model. My wife threatens to leave me, but my kids think I've not too far to go ...

Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in!!!

And, 'fess-up time, I had a thing for Judy Carne ... mind you, at that age, I probably would have had a thing for any girl sans bra in a wet t-shirt!

I remember years later someone saying that because she refused to wear a bra, the production company insisted she was 'taped down' to prevent any, er, unnecessary, er ... movement!

"v-e-e-e-r-y interesting!"

OMG! Haven't thought about that in YEARS!!! I love the lecherous old man (Arte Johnson?), and Ruth Buzzi whacking him over the head with her umbrella!

Here come de Judge

Sock it to me!

Ah, good times indeed.

OMG! Haven't thought about that in YEARS!!! I love the lecherous old man (Arte Johnson?), and Ruth Buzzi whacking him over the head with her umbrella!

Here come de Judge

Sock it to me!

Ah, good times indeed.

Yeah, it was Arte Johnson as the lecherous old man and the pseudo-German who would pop out and say "Veeeery interesting, but [insert a word or phrase]."

Do you remember Henry Gibson and his poetry? What about Jo Anne Worley or Goldie Hawn? How about Lily Tomlin? And who could forget Gary Owens? I wish I could remember who the heck the guy with the handbells skit was... *goes off to ponder with the :kitty:s*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Hi Alex —

If you know Green Wing, I have chosen Dr Statham as my role model. My wife threatens to leave me, but my kids think I've not too far to go ...

I'll be Dr. Mac McCartney ;)

Thats actually a cool idea what chacters would you be in the shows you watch....

Dexter - I'd be Dexter.
Lost - I'd be John Lock
Reaper - I'd be sock! Or Satan.
Dog Whisperer - I'd be daddy lol
Prison Break - I'd be the Spanish dude!
Psych - I'd be the main guys Dad..

League of Gentlemen - I'd be Pauline... From the job centre... Not because I am anything like that character but would be hells alot of fun to be that twisted lol...

Yeah, it was Arte Johnson as the lecherous old man and the pseudo-German who would pop out and say "Veeeery interesting, but [insert a word or phrase]."

Do you remember Henry Gibson and his poetry? What about Jo Anne Worley or Goldie Hawn? How about Lily Tomlin? And who could forget Gary Owens? I wish I could remember who the heck the guy with the handbells skit was... *goes off to ponder with the :kitty:s*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Ahhhhhh!

Thanks for the memories!

There's a pretty extensive wiki that might help about the handbells...

Last edited:
Ahhhhhh!

Thanks for the memories!

There's a pretty extensive wiki that might help about the handbells...

You're welcome (concerning the memories thing) and thank you for the advice on trying Wikipedia (the guy with the handbells skit was Alan Sues [what a breakfast cereal {fruit, nut and flake}].)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I don't think anybody mentioned Batman

Or the Green Hornet

Or Batman vs the Green Hornet (Kato whipped Robin's a$$!, heh heh)

(Kato whipped Robin's a$$!, heh heh)

That is an acomplishment? Robin is about as useful as tits on a bull, and is as hard as a foam hammer... He is a weak, poorly designed side kick, nothing more.... Die Robin die... :( I hate you! lol..... He is on the same level as "superman".... That is saying something... The guy who came up with that hero and his "disguise" needs to be taken out back and sent on like old yella....

http://www.pmpnetwork.com/photos6/BurtWard.jpg

*gently slaps robin on the face*

Yes, well scary take your costume back to your mummy and try again, you is fail. Think the 'R' should stand for something else, and the hint is the word ends with tard.

Back