Hatred In Religion - with Video Footage

LenoBee

Reaction score
Hatred in religion.
Religions that are taught to hate.

I noticed a lot of dancing and prancing around the subjects on this forum, submission required, personal attacks, insulting the solutions of others while offering none of their own. The politics appear to be that of moderators against members much like that of religion against religion which I address in another post. This will focus on religion against religion and the hatred involved with valid video footage.

It appears the only way for people to get along is to ignore the extreme differences, disregard the problems and the hate that comes with religion that is sadly inbred from birth and upon conversions. I am specifically in reference to the abrhamamic faiths who slamantly hate each other, though I am sure there are few exceptions to the hate rule in all religions. Reducing everything to nothingness in order to get along does not work.

I was raised a roman catholic and removed myself from it upon entering law school, never to attend another mass for the rest of my life due to the hate and lack of love I found within that religion. My parents both left the catholic religion after we all learned of some incidents that happened to my younger brother from within the clergy.

I have dealt with numerous cases of hatred in religion under the law and noticed the same trends in each case. Forums like this display the same trends.

I live on the edge of a predominately jewish neighborhood for twenty years and have found the same trends of we are right and you are wrong, fear and hate inbred in the jews, that is in muslims and that of which I also removed myself from in the catholic religion. This explains the rejection of each other around the world. It is pure hatred from childhood. They are some of the rudest and meanest people I have ever met. It got to the point with my jewish neighbors and them taking advantage of us on Saturday, treating us as their personal slaves (goys) for their religion, when the last time I was invited into their house being asked to remove the pot from the stove, I purposely dropped it on the floor and left it for them to clean up. When I realized what they were doing with the inbred hate being reflected toward my family, I insisted they never knock on my door on the weekends even if it is a life or death emergency. They never asked my husband to drive them somewhere on Saturday, ever again.

And Islam sacrificing their children to their god could be nothing more than hatred locked up.

Why is the hate ignored?
Why are the real problems shut down and tip toed around?
If you are going to compare something then comparing the real issues and problems, something where you can make a difference in application.

These are basic videos of what happens. I found nothing special or unique about these religions or the people. The religions are what cause their own problems for centuries, creating politics, fear and they are the very secular society they preach against while the innocent suffer from the crossfire. This is what I dealt with in case law toward the end of my career known as religious hatred. My views will naturally be bias on prosecuting those who hate and harass while protecting those who are hated and harassed while the religion involved does not matter. They all do it.

This is why people hate the Jews

Palestinian Hate Education: Girl's Poem about Machine Guns

Zionist Jews attack Muslims & Christians. JEWISH HATE

Court Rules Against Fred Phelps

Notice the children and how young they are being taught to hate.

Arabs brainwashed little girls to hate Jews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9dD9v2cIMU&feature=related

Is it the religion that creates the character and attitude of hatred and fear? Is it attitude and hate that created the religion?
Or both?
How can so much hate come from these religions?
Is dialog really helping or making matters worse?
Do these people hate by living off of their own fears and bouncing the hatred from person to person and then back onto themselves?
How did the Phelps Christian religion become so filled with hate that the law has to stop them?

Your opinions facing the matter to make things better any way you wish to approach it. Nothing else is working very well.

Sherri

guns don't kill people. people kill people.

ie it matters not the tool used, some folks will find a way to use whatever tool they can, including religion.

guns and most religions have a trigger, it is how you use it that is important.

I'm with Wil. Hatred is not an issue of religion, but an issue of people. When people lack religion, they still seem to have no problem finding reasons to hate each other, nor do they stop indoctrinating hate in the young.

See ethnic cleansing issues (not always religious- often cultural), communism atrocities, etc.

Hatred seems to be a real human problem, and I think it stems primarily from fear. Fear is *the* big human problem, in my opinion. From fear and insecurity arise hatred, as well as greed and a plethora of other socially disruptive emotions and drives. Humans are, for the most part, afraid of death and the loss of their ego- their temporary identity. Yet, somehow we intuitively know that "I" is a sham and is eventually going to fade away. Unfortunately, most people do not find the courage to look face to face with this fear and come to peace. So instead, they battle more immediate "demons" (threats to their ego) and shore up imagined security in wealth, social acceptance, etc. This can take the form of religion, or politics, or ethnicity... any group that is exclusive and promotes an us vs. them mentality. By having "us vs. them," we get to imagine there is a solid and persisting "I" that is a part of this "us."

I find it sad no matter what the social veneer on the underlying fear. Fear is a lousy way to live... it prevents real joy and peace in life.

Hi Sherri
Hatred in religion.
Why is the hate ignored?
It's not. It's being manipulated and exploited.

My views will naturally be bias(ed) on prosecuting those who hate and harass while protecting those who are hated and harassed while the religion involved does not matter. They all do it
Then perhaps it's not anything about the religions involved.

How can so much hate come from these religions?
This would appear to be a rhetorical question and an implicit argument about the nature of religion. We don't know whether religion is involved. The same kinds of conduct would appear to be evident among people who have no religious involvement at all.

Whether or not religion has anything to to do with certain behavior has not been demonstrated. Btw, it is something that is very hard to establish empirically because it would require ruling out competing hypotheses.

Court Rules Against Fred Phelps

I searched for 'Love" on the Westboro Baptist Church website. What I found back was:

LETTER TO EARTH-DWELLERS (which goes to show these people are from another planet) where we are taught:

WBC Letter said:
Do not delude yourself that the oft-chanted mantra, "God loves everyone," will save this nation that refuses to keep His commandments, refuses to fear Him, and refuses to turn away from its filthy abominations. It did not save any of the people reflected in the above first ten verses! It did not save the favored Israel in days gone by! The truth is that God does not love everyone, and that phrase though espoused from every pulpit now is never found, not one time, in the Bible, Old or New Testament.

Er...how about John 3:16?

An 1 John 4:16

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
**vigorously nods yes**
Dhammapada 1:3-5
3. 'He abused me, he beat me, he defeated me, he robbed me,'--in those who harbour such thoughts hatred will never cease.
4. 'He abused me, he beat me, he defeated me, he robbed me,'--in those who do not harbour such thoughts hatred will cease.
5. For hatred does not cease by hatred at any time: hatred ceases by love, this is an old rule.

It's very common, and very obvious... It comes down simply to people making their own rules, dogmas, and so on.. All hatred has nothing to do with these religions... People like to twist words, skip verses... Become judge of others, basically they think they're god..... :) That isn't the religions fault.... But to stand up and say for example this jew has done this... This christian has done this... This muslim whatever pick a title... This X has done this... So! ALL X are evil and driven by hate..... Really?... Blanket statements judging many people because of one or anothers actions? I think we're better than that...

guns don't kill people. people kill people.

ie it matters not the tool used, some folks will find a way to use whatever tool they can, including religion.

guns and most religions have a trigger, it is how you use it that is important.

This is a tempting but false way to look at it I think. Guns are dangerous yet benign if not handled. Pick one up tho and it is a weilded weapon. Use it to hate and it is a lethal weapon. If there were no guns we would find some other way to be lethal, yes, but it would still be one less way and thus a step in the right direction.

tao

People like to twist words, skip verses... Become judge of others, basically they think they're god..... :) That isn't the religions fault....

Perhaps not religions "fault". That is a very difficult question to quantify. Certainly looking at the history of at least the Abrahamics it cannot be denied that they lend themselves very easilly to being used to hate. Too easilly. The fatal flaw with religion is that it invokes divine sanction. It places itself above the laws of man and not accountable to them. We, the secular majority that do not want to use religion as an instrument of division and hatred, have to rigerously defend the liberty of man in our laws. Religions and preachers that foster ideals that are not conducive to the liberty of all people should be banned from preaching. Preachers who make knowingly fraudulent claims should be prosecuted as fraudsters. The truth is we are way way to soft on the hatemongers. This has to change.

tao

We, the secular majority that do not want to use religion as an instrument of division and hatred, have to rigerously defend the liberty of man in our laws. Religions and preachers that foster ideals that are not conducive to the liberty of all people should be banned from preaching.
LMAO! Yes, follow along in the same footsteps of those you claim to loathe, even to the point of enforcing blasphemy to your ideal of liberty. :rolleyes:
Repressing 'undesirable' speech is not going to fix the problem. It only sweeps the problem under the carpet to fester, rather than bringing it out to heal.

Preachers who make knowingly fraudulent claims should be prosecuted as fraudsters.
Why should this only be limited to preachers?
The truth is we are way way to soft on the hatemongers. This has to change.

tao
What other draconian measures did you have in mind? (I'm sure some of the governments/religions you hate would be able to supply you with all sorts of draconian measures that are effective in repressing undesirable behavior.:rolleyes:)

LMAO! Yes, follow along in the same footsteps of those you claim to loathe, even to the point of enforcing blasphemy to your ideal of liberty. :rolleyes:
Repressing 'undesirable' speech is not going to fix the problem. It only sweeps the problem under the carpet to fester, rather than bringing it out to heal.
I disagree. If hate speech gets results, it ends up being a reinforced behavior. When people are banned from preaching hate speech, they have less opportunity for it to be reinforced. Based on classical conditioning theory, the behavior can be expected to become extinguished in the absence of reinforcement. The "problem" simply disappears.

Btw, speaking of reinforcement, some people are paid to engage in hate speech and I expect the strongest proponents of "freedom of speech" are those who have a vested interested in pandering to religious prejudice. It would be false to dress this self-interest up in some ideological guise of commitment to principle. Their espoused commitment is bought.

Let's protect freedom of speech by banning speech.

"We had to destroy the village in order to save it."

SG,

Fraudsters are routinely prosecuted, In the UK it is a criminal offence to incite someone to violence by preaching hate. The reason society requires such laws is because you cannot allow the excesses of the few to adversely effect the life quality of the masses. What I propose is what happens to every other type of criminal. But you want an exception for religious fraud. You can call it censorship, because you want the freedom to defend your superstitions. Well I am not attacking them. But there does come a point where freeddom of speech has real effect on the freedoms of others. It is a difficult and thorny issue but without drawing a line and outlawing hate none of us is free. Maybe it will fester, but when it does raise its ugly head it becomes easier to spot and deal with. When you are capable of coming up with an alternative method to what I propose I may then take what you have to say as being something other than your triumphalism of "hey we got Tao by the short and curlies". Till then you are just an appologist for the excesses.

tao

Dondi, you did the best by examining the material, noting the problem and then addressing it. I applaud you and was impressed.

Path and Will, wonderful to meet you. You are almost there but have a slight bit of denial with hate in religion by attempting to pass it to something else. There are of course other things as you mention, for this one is a bit different to default from. Love does not stop religious hatred or hate in religion because they are not taught to love. Netti or lunamoth (bless you both), please examine the evidence in the videos and tell me what you see happening in each one, or one or the other, when you have time.

For anyone to say hatred is not connected to religion needs to do a serious global update on the law and then have that massive hole in your roof repaired. You do not need science to prove religious hatred or any hate crime. You could use physical evidence such as video, writing, photos, phone logs, text message, subpoena forums like this one. We do not create laws against religious hatred or any hate crime to pretend it does not exist. In fact, those types of crimes, like racism, are viewed with much more severe punishment than trying someone over a personal vendetta for the same crime. We establish the law then prosecute according to the law. Why is the law tougher against hate?

I started this to reveal how topics are being skimmed over, deflected to something else and the core of the problem is not being visited.

You may want to also start with what the FBI has to say about religious hatred, statistics and demographics.

Sweethearts, Do your best.

SG,

Fraudsters are routinely prosecuted, In the UK it is a criminal offence to incite someone to violence by preaching hate. The reason society requires such laws is because you cannot allow the excesses of the few to adversely effect the life quality of the masses. What I propose is what happens to every other type of criminal. But you want an exception for religious fraud. You can call it censorship, because you want the freedom to defend your superstitions. Well I am not attacking them. But there does come a point where freeddom of speech has real effect on the freedoms of others. It is a difficult and thorny issue but without drawing a line and outlawing hate none of us is free. Maybe it will fester, but when it does raise its ugly head it becomes easier to spot and deal with. When you are capable of coming up with an alternative method to what I propose I may then take what you have to say as being something other than your triumphalism of "hey we got Tao by the short and curlies". Till then you are just an appologist for the excesses.

tao

You are right on the money with this and you see what hate from religion has caused the law to resort to. Nice reply.

It's very common, and very obvious... It comes down simply to people making their own rules, dogmas, and so on.. All hatred has nothing to do with these religions... People like to twist words, skip verses... Become judge of others, basically they think they're god..... :) That isn't the religions fault.... But to stand up and say for example this jew has done this... This christian has done this... This muslim whatever pick a title... This X has done this... So! ALL X are evil and driven by hate..... Really?... Blanket statements judging many people because of one or anothers actions? I think we're better than that...

When the law swings it scale it is not looking for a specific religion. Have you ever noticed how certian individuals plant evidence against themselves trying to make it look like they are being hated by someone due to the religion? We gather the evidence and it goes against them.

Perhaps not religions "fault". That is a very difficult question to quantify. Certainly looking at the history of at least the Abrahamics it cannot be denied that they lend themselves very easilly to being used to hate. Too easilly. The fatal flaw with religion is that it invokes divine sanction. It places itself above the laws of man and not accountable to them. We, the secular majority that do not want to use religion as an instrument of division and hatred, have to rigerously defend the liberty of man in our laws. Religions and preachers that foster ideals that are not conducive to the liberty of all people should be banned from preaching. Preachers who make knowingly fraudulent claims should be prosecuted as fraudsters. The truth is we are way way to soft on the hatemongers. This has to change.

tao

Excellent again.

Are you an attorney? Do you work in some field of law?
I am impressed with what you have studied concerning this.

When the law swings it scale it is not looking for a specific religion. Have you ever noticed how certian individuals plant evidence against themselves trying to make it look like they are being hated by someone due to the religion? We gather the evidence and it goes against them.

I like your use of "certain individuals". :)

Back