God Will save all.

Hi Darren. I'm fairly new, too; however welcome to the forum!

When you say "There is only 2 way to go with this" and "There is no other choice" I see you have taken ownership of your faith. That's one reason I like this forum is that there are so many people who left behind the things that people told them and 'walked upon the water' instead of staying in the boat. It takes courage to live by your conscience, and it also takes courage to listen to what other people have to say. The positive thing comes out of discussion, practice, and thought which are the best benefit since we can't reach agreement most of the time.

Yes I am a strong believer and so far it has taken my whole life 47yrs of learning. Thanks for that. I take it as a compliment.

Moved to Christianity.

Namaste Winner and welcome,

We have Christian forum and this being an interfaith site we promote discussion. My scripture and god is right and yours is wrong does not fit our paradigm.

Take a look at the CoC and see if this forum meets your needs.

Sorry if i was in the wrong place. Did I say that my God is right and yours is wrong? I meant to say My God is the living God and if those cold dead stones that some worship is right for them so let it be. each to his own. What i can't have a strong opinion?

Darren

The various meanings of "saved" in Christianity have always intrigued me. What do you mean by "saved?" earl

I can't speak for earl but I can say this much being saved is one human being saved from ones carnality. This is why one must go through the lake of fire to be purge form ones human nature and become like Christ one can not get into the Kingdom of God in the flesh with his humaness. Only spirit can enter.

Darren

Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance 2 peter 3;9

As you mentioned ,the most high God does not want any to be destroyed , but it all depends on if they repent .

some do not want to repent and do not show repentance to God

Yes, one must repent but who do you think puts that idea in your head to repent? Are you the cause of you own choices? If you believe that God is a soverint God. He has a plane for us and He can not change and His Will, will be done and His Will is to save all mankind then that is what the Lord will do. The Lord put the circumstants in our live in order that we make the choices that we make. If you will is stronger than Gods then you should be god. I am not saying you (people). Back to this if we repent. If you repent or not it is Gods will for you to do repent or not. Not yours

Darren

No, he doesn't Darren. He never said, all will be saved. See there is this little thing called "choice" that we all have. And God can not (will not), violate that choice. That is what sets us apart from angels and the world...

We can, defy...God.

1`Tim 3:3 read it, if you believe that scripture is from God then you can't denied it. If you don't believe in what scripture says then go ahead, it doest matter ,you too will be saved in the end.

Darren

No, Jehovah never did. At least not one we've been told about. Jesus on the other hand did make the end clear (that there would be an end), but never when that end was to be...

If your saying that only the Father knows the day and the hour of the end yes you are correct. Also Jesus did say no man knows the day and hour of the end only the Father in heaven knows.

Darren

very true the appointed time is with Jehovah and it is his time table , but Jesus is the one who will go into action on behalf of his father. yes Jehovahs time and day is with him . not even the angels of heaven know the day or the hour , but the most high has an appointed time .

"Keep ready, because at an hour that you do not think likely the Son of man is coming."—LUKE 12:40.

Man that is right on time. AMEN

Darren

Let me just say all I am doing here is trying to convey my truths. This is not everyones just mine. Now if you believe as I do, great if not, great we all have to face the music at the end.

Darren

Ok try this one on for size. Hell,fire and torment are the biggest deception made from mankind himself. lets talk.

Darren

Ok try this one on for size. Hell,fire and torment are the biggest deception made from mankind himself. lets talk.

Darren
VERY TRUE , :)
and people even get to believe manmade doctrines such as those

I thought the bible taught the truth? That is what you have been saying all along...

"Jesus speaks of "eternal fire and punishment" as the final abode of the angels and human beings who have rejected God (Matthew 25:41,46) He says that those who give into sin will be in danger of the "fire of hell" (Matthew 5:22; 18:8-9.) The word Jesus uses for 'hell' is Gehenna, a valley in which piles of garbage were daily burned as well as the corpses of those without families who could bury them. In Mark 9:43 Jesus speaks of a person going to "hell [gehenna], where 'their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.' " Jesus is referring to the maggots that live in the corpses on the garbage heap. When all the flesh is consumed, the maggots die. Jesus is saying, however, that the spiritual decomposition of hell never ends, and that is why 'their worm does not die.'"

Mee, that is just one little bit of what Jesus says about hell. And he isn't discussing symbolism...

This is also coming from the Gospels, or are the Gospels selectively man made doctrine?

Or are you calling Jesus, a fabricator and a liar? His words...

I thought the bible taught the truth? That is what you have been saying all along...

"Jesus speaks of "eternal fire and punishment" as the final abode of the angels and human beings who have rejected God (Matthew 25:41,46) He says that those who give into sin will be in danger of the "fire of hell" (Matthew 5:22; 18:8-9.) The word Jesus uses for 'hell' is Gehenna, a valley in which piles of garbage were daily burned as well as the corpses of those without families who could bury them. In Mark 9:43 Jesus speaks of a person going to "hell [gehenna], where 'their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.' " Jesus is referring to the maggots that live in the corpses on the garbage heap. When all the flesh is consumed, the maggots die. Jesus is saying, however, that the spiritual decomposition of hell never ends, and that is why 'their worm does not die.'"

Mee, that is just one little bit of what Jesus says about hell. And he isn't discussing symbolism...

This is also coming from the Gospels, or are the Gospels selectively man made doctrine?

Or are you calling Jesus, a fabricator and a liar? His words...[/quot No I am not calling Jesus a liar. It is all in the translations. The word hell with one exception 2peter 2:4is translates three different word Sheol, in the Old Testament and Hades and gehenna in the New testament. Sheol is used for hell in the old Testament, it means Grave and or pit. The general idea is a place of the dead. In the New Testament the word is Hades meaning the same as Sheol State of the dead and or the unseen . Not a location, a place where the Lord sends one to be tortured.Now as for the word gehenna, the valley of Hinnom was the place where the Jews apostatized and worshipped the god Moloch. 1 Kings 11:7. It was later converted by Josiah to a place of abomination where the dead bodies were burned,( 2 Kings 23:13-14) it became a SYMBOL and was used by the Lord to indicate burning and suffering. About 2 Peter 2:4, For if God did not spare the angles who sinned, but cast them down TO HELL and delivered then into CHAINS OF DARKNESS to be reserved for judgment. The word Hell in this verse in the orignial text (GREEK) is translated (Tartaros) this word means a prision,incarcertion ,a place of restraint. By the way symbolism is a very big part of Christ teachings just as He always taught in parables.(Stories). If kyou know the story of the Hebrews , they were inslaved for I think 300 yrs in Egypt. The Greek word for hell is hades, was taken from the Egyptian hell (Amenti). Is it so hard to believe that the Hebrews picked up some bad teachings. Just as we here were taught from birth about santa clause and the easter bunny. At the end ;;if your heart was lighter than a feather you would go on to paradise. If your heart was heavier than the feather you soul would wonder and be restless forever.Just as in christianity when you die your soul goes to heaven if good and hell if not. Do you see any similarities? You use an intresting word enternal and punishment.The word in Greek for enternal is Aion which means a period of time with a beginning and an end. The words forever and ever and eternity is not found in the original text of the new testament, when Jesus is talking about sending a person to hell forever and ever. the correct word is AION. Aion is Greek, and it means age. So when they say you will burn forever and ever should read for an age and the age after that period. This is all documented you can look this stuff up and see for youself. The word punishment should read chastisement which is not a punishment that lastes forever and ever without never ending. It is a harsh correction. It is use by the Lord as a parent would punnish a kid in order to learn a lesson then it is over with. Here is a fact Mark 9:44 is not in the original text. it was added by another writer. Where their worm does not die and the fire is not quench. Also in the same chapter verse 47 the word fire is not in the original text. to be cast into hell fire. Why would it be in the original text? Jesus is speaking of hell the word used here is the Greek word (Gehenna) which is the (fire) of the vally of Hinnom.So what have we learnd here not much LOL.First the word hell is translated Hades, sheol and gehenna. This is so important. Using the correct translations. 2nd. the words forever and ever and for all enternaity is not correct it should read for the age and the age after that one. This is major why because yes some will or many will have to go through this lake of fire but it is not for ever it has a beginning and an end to it. 3rd the word punishment should be chastise. Chastise is a punishment that has a lesson to be learn from, then it done, it does not last forever. It may last for an ( aion ) an age. 4th, symbols are a big part in the bible and in Jesus teachings. Well this took longer than I thought I'm sorry for that. Now this is just my opinion This is what I believe and I my intention is not to offend anyone. If I did I am sorry If I did not then Hallelujah

Thanks for your time and patients, Darren

Mee: do you believe that hell is a real place under the earth somewhere where the devil will torture and burn people forever and ever?

Or like me, believe that this is the biggest deception by the devil of all time. That this is but one of the many false teachings that Jesus Himself warned us about. Teaching by these false prophets. using scare tactics with words like burnning and torture and tormenmt for ever and ever.

Darren

Mee: do you believe that hell is a real place under the earth somewhere where the devil will torture and burn people forever and ever?

Darren

as one of JEHOVAHS WITNESSES i do not believe that people will be in a litral hellfire , because that is not a true bible teaching .

SHEOL(HEBREW) AND HADES (GREEK)
are the common grave of mankind,

Sheol, or Hades, is thus not a literal place in a specific location. Rather, it is the common grave of dead mankind, the figurative location where most of mankind sleep in death.

The Bible teaching of the resurrection helps us to gain further insight into the meaning of "Sheol" and "Hades."

God’s Word associates Sheol and Hades with the sort of death from which there will be a resurrection. (Job 14:13; Acts 2:31; Revelation 20:13)

Or like me, believe that this is the biggest deception by the devil of all time. That this is but one of the many false teachings that Jesus Himself warned us about.

Darren
Yes the manmade hellfire doctrine is just one of many falsehoods. and it is not what the bible REALLY teaches

You mean what does winner08 mean by saved.

Yes dream I am sorry it took long t get back you you. Here it id, I'll give you the short ofit.

We are saved from mortality, (Death) is our #1 enemy. Therefore we are not saved until change takes place. We are changed from mortality to imortality. From flesh and blood to spirit. When we are finnaly made in the image of God then we are truly saved. From corrupt to uncorruptable. I will give you some scripture on this ASAP. Good night

Darren

Yes dream I am sorry it took long t get back you you. Here it id, I'll give you the short ofit.

We are saved from mortality, (Death) is our #1 enemy. Therefore we are not saved until change takes place. We are changed from mortality to imortality. From flesh and blood to spirit. When we are finnaly made in the image of God then we are truly saved. From corrupt to uncorruptable. I will give you some scripture on this ASAP. Good night

Darren
i think you are talking about those who will be going to heaven with Jesus , they will be resurrected with a spiritual body to live in heaven with Jesus , but as the bible teaches , those ones who will be resurreced will only be a little flock , infact there will only be 144,000 of them , that is why Jesus said they were a LITTLE FLOCK.

"Have no fear, little flock, because your Father has approved of giving you the kingdom."—LUKE 12:32.

But that does not mean that the rest of us of mankind ,will have no hope of everlasting life , because Jesus spoke of some OTHER SHEEP ,

"I have other sheep, which are not of this fold;those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd."—JOHN 10:16.

both of these 2 sets of sheep are listening to Jesus voice , and they have the one shepherd .

and it is those other sheep that will have the chance and the hope to live in a PARADISE EARTH FOR EVER . matthew 5;5
psalm 37;.29.....psalm 37;11

here are some of those OTHER SHEEP spoken of in REVELATION 7;9-10 and it is a numberless GREAT CROWD .

and notice they are all waving their symbolic palm branches to welcome Jesus as a reigning king:)

Back