Is jesus christ ....god ?

Ok, prove it.

Jesus himself said: "The Father is greater than I am." (John 14:28) We should believe Jesus, for he surely knew the truth about his relationship to his Father. :)

Jesus knew that he was not equal to his Father but in every way was in a subordinate position.

He knew that he was a beloved Son who had deep love for his Father.

That is why, time and again, Jesus made statements such as the following:

"The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing." (John 5:19)

"I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me." (John 6:38)

"What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me." (John 7:16)

"I know him [God], because I am a representative from him, and that One sent me forth." (John 7:29)

the bible proves lots of things especially that Jesus is not God , its good to let the bible put us straight :) ITS MOST BENEFICIAL TO US :)
2 TIM 3;16

the bible proves lots of things especially that Jesus is not God , its good to let the bible put us straight :) ITS MOST BENEFICIAL TO US :)
2 TIM 3;16
No, that doesnt prove Jesus is not God. The bible shows clearly that Jesus is God. It seems your religion is made up just to argue against Christianity and to deny the divinity of Jesus Christ through mindless copying and pasting of specific scripture without the understanding of the bible as a whole. Even God the Father calls The Son God, just not you. He obviously is wrong right according to you, right?

Let all God's angels worship him. In speaking of the angels he says, He makes his angels winds, his servants flames of fire. But about the Son he says, Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. He also says, In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end. To which of the angels did God ever say, Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.

2 TIM 3;16

For those who believe Jesus an angel:

Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of
angels disqualify you for the prize. Such a person goes into great
detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up
with idle notions. He has lost connection with the Head, from whom
the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and
sinews, grows as God causes it to grow. (COLOSSIANS 2:18-19)

For those who believe Jesus subordinate in the Godhead:

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth,
visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or
authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before
all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head
of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from
among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through
him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or
things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the
cross. (COLOSSIANS 1:15-20)

For those who believe Jesus is never called God in the bible:

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government
will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor,
Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of
his government and peace there will be no end. (ISAIAH 9:6-7)

v/r

Q

Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of
angels disqualify you for the prize. Such a person goes into great
detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up
with idle notions. He has lost connection with the Head, from whom
the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and
sinews, grows as God causes it to grow. (COLOSSIANS 2:18-19)

v/r

Q

Let no man deprive YOU of the prize who takes delight in a [mock] humility and a form of worship of the angels, "taking his stand on" the things he has seen, puffed up without proper cause by his fleshly frame of mind, 19 whereas he is not holding fast to the head, to the one from whom all the body, being supplied and harmoniously joined together by means of its joints and ligaments, goes on growing with the growth that God gives.
colossians2 18-19

Yes,Paul’s powerful letter to the Colossians would have counteracted the influence of any who might have wished to fuse Judaism and pagan philosophy with Christianity.

Repeatedly, he called attention to Christ. Paul wrote: "Carefully concealed in him [Christ, not any Judaizer or pagan philosopher] are all the treasures of wisdom and of knowledge."
The Colossians were urged to go on walking in union with him [Christ], rooted and being built up in him and being stabilized in the faith.

Otherwise, they might be led astray.
So Paul warned: "Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry you off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according toChrist."Colossians 2:3, 6-8.

however convincing or eloquent these false teachers may have seemed, they offered nothing more than "empty deception."

Instead of expounding the pure word of God, they were merely parroting "the elementary things of the world"—useless philosophies, precepts, and beliefs.

Embracing those erroneous ideas would spell disaster for a Christian. Hence, Paul said: "Let no man deprive you of the prize."—Colossians 2:18.

its interesting that even To this day, the Catholic Church "encourages the faithful to love, respect, and invoke the angels," promoting "Masses and Divine Offices in honor of guardian angels."—New Catholic Encyclopedia, volume I, page 515.

Arent you contradicting yourself, Mee?!!!! You dont believe in the deity of Jesus because he never said " I am God", while you believe that Jesus is God's begotten son, though he never said that.

quote]
dont forget the ONLY in begotten it has great meaning :)JOHN 3;16 JESUS is the ONLY ONE CREATED BY JEHOVAH ALONE , every thing else was created THROUGH JESUS but as we all know the power came from the ALMIGHTY GOD(JEHOVAH)THE ANCIENT OF DAYS :)yes jesus was the FIRST BORN OF CREATION .

Yes,Paul’s powerful letter to the Colossians would have counteracted the influence of any who might have wished to fuse Judaism and pagan philosophy with Christianity.

Prove that is what his intention was. And include Judeasm in that. I'd really like to see where 'Paul' wishes to remove Judeac infleuence...

so far, you're batting zero.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth,
visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or
authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before
all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head
of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from
among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through
him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or
things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the
cross. (COLOSSIANS 1:15-20)

v/r

Q

He is the image of the invisible God, THE FIRST-BORN OF ALL CREATION
16 because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him. 17 Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist, 18 and he is the head of the body, the congregation. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that he might become the one who is first in all things; 19 because [God] saw good for all fullness to dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile again to himself all [other] things by making peace through the blood [he shed] on the torture stake, no matter whether they are the things upon the earth or the things in the heavens.

Yes Jesus is the head of the christian congregation.

And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: "All authority has been GIVEN me in heaven and on the earth. matthew 28;18

Yes his father JEHOVAH has GIVEN him aurthority,

everything in its place , and its very good

because a husband is head of his wife as the Christ also is head of the congregation, he being a savior of [this] body. EPHESIANS 5;23

But I want YOU to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God

1 corinthians 11;3

yes christians look to Jesus as the head of the christian congregation , and Jesus also has a head it is his father JEHOVAH

For [God] "subjected all things under his feet." But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him
1 CORINTHIANS 15;27

But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.1 CORINTHIANS 15;28

He also subjected all things under his feet, and made him head over all things to the congregation, EPHESIANS 1;22

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government
will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor,
Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of
his government and peace there will be no end. (ISAIAH 9:6-7)

v/r

Q
Jesus sure is a mighty God but not the ALLMIGHTY
Jesus has been GIVEN great aurthority and it will bring PEACE to the earth

Or, "Mighty Divine One." Heb., ’El Gib·bohr´ (not ’El Shad·dai´ as in Ge 17:1, )

The Messianic prophecy at Isaiah 9:6 foretold that he would be called "Mighty God," though not the Almighty God, and that he would be the "Eternal Father" of all those privileged to live as his subjects. The zeal of his own Father, "Jehovah of armies," would accomplish this. (Isa 9:7)

Prove that is what his intention was. And include Judeasm in that. I'd really like to see where 'Paul' wishes to remove Judeac infleuence...

so far, you're batting zero.

(Ju´da·ism).
The Jewish religious system. (Ga 1:13, 14) In the first century C.E., Judaism in its various forms was not based exclusively on the Hebrew Scriptures.

One of the most prominent divisions of Judaism, that of the Sadducees, rejected the Scriptural teaching of the resurrection and denied the existence of angels. (Mr 12:18-27; Ac 23:8)

Although the Pharisees, who formed yet another important branch of Judaism, sharply disagreed with the Sadducees on this (Ac 23:6-9), they were guilty of making God’s Word invalid because of their many unscriptural traditions. (Mt 15:1-11) Not the Law, which was actually a tutor leading to Christ (Ga 3:24), but these unscriptural traditions made it difficult for many to accept Christ.

The Law itself was good and holy (Ro 7:12), but the traditions of men served to enslave the Jews. (Col 2:8)

It was an ardent zeal for ‘the traditions of his fathers’ that caused Saul (Paul) to be a vicious persecutor of Christians.—Ga 1:13, 14, 23;

Then you are polytheistic. christianity is monotheistic. Jesus is God.
Jehovahs witnesses like to put themselves inline with what the bible REALLY teaches.

the father is greater than Jesus ,as Jesus himself taught and made known .
its good to keep inline with what the bible REALLY TEACHES :)

Jesus Christ himself said, "The Father is greater than I am" and referred to the Father as his God, "the only true God." (Joh 14:28; 17:3; 20:17; Mr 15:34; Re 1:1; 3:12)

The bible puts us straight about many things, and it is most beneficial 2 tim 3;16 -17

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

well the bible doesnt teach polytheism, which is what you are preaching.

mee likes to stick to what Jesus taught:)

Jesus Christ himself said, "The Father is greater than I am" and referred to the Father as his God, "the only true God." (Joh 14:28; 17:3; 20:17; Mr 15:34; Re 1:1; 3:12)

it puts mee straight

Jehovahs witnesses like to put themselves inline with what the bible REALLY teaches.

the father is greater than Jesus ,as Jesus himself taught and made known .
its good to keep inline with what the bible REALLY TEACHES :)

The bible puts us straight about many things, and it is most beneficial 2 tim 3;16 -17

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

Polytheism is not what the bible teaches. In fact the Lord hates it and is angry of any who are contrary to his thoughts on the matter.

Second of all, listening to a repeat of the same old points doesn't make for a convincing argument, for or against an issue.

But that's ok. Everyone is entitled to their own little world view on things.

no u like to go with the watchtower that teaches polytheism, because the bible doesnt teach that. it teaches that Jesus is God.

the bible always puts us straight:)

its good to go to the bible it puts us straight about who Jesus was.
2 timothy 3;16-17 its most beneficial to us.

Second of all, listening to a repeat of the same old points doesn't make for a convincing argument, for or against an issue.
i supose that would depend on if a person was after what the bible teaches or not , and as you mentioned , each to his own , but for Jehovahs witnesses they like to stick to what Jesus taught.

but many do not like to see what Jesus said , but for those who are after what the bible REALLY TEACHES it is the pure words of truth, and it is music to the ears. and they like to keep putting those pure words of truth to the fore .:)

i think that must be mee:) i like what Jesus taught , and so do all
JEHOVAHS WITNESSES . but each to their own as you mentioned.

the bible always puts us straight:)

its good to go to the bible it puts us straight about who Jesus was.
2 timothy 3;16-17 its most beneficial to us.
No, he didn't, and no it doesn't. Too bad you don't know the difference between Jesus and Christ.

i supose that would depend on if a person was after what the bible teaches or not , and as you mentioned , each to his own , but for Jehovahs witnesses they like to stick to what Jesus taught.

but many do not like to see what Jesus said , but for those who are after what the bible REALLY TEACHES it is the pure words of truth, and it is music to the ears. and they like to keep putting those pure words of truth to the fore .:)

i think that must be mee:) i like what Jesus taught , and so do all
JEHOVAHS WITNESSES . but each to their own as you mentioned.
No, it depends on whether one is after the truth or not. the bible is an operators manual for human beings... not a log jamb for stopping humans from being human.

Tao, you could use some of the bible yourself...:eek:

Mee, all I can say is good luck and god speed.

Back