Is jesus christ ....god ?

No, he didn't, and no it doesn't. quote]

Jesus Christ himself said, "The Father is greater than I am" and referred to the Father as his God, "the only true God." (Joh 14:28; 17:3; 20:17; Mr 15:34; Re 1:1; 3:12)

For mee i like to see what the bible says, and Jesus DID SAY and the bible DOES tell us .

but many do not see.

and talking about seeing you wouldnt by any chance have your blindfold on would you ;)

Clearly, there are many gods. Some, as we have seen, are named in the Bible.
Yet, people who saw Jehovah’s power long ago exclaimed: "Jehovah is the true God! Jehovah is the true God!" (1 Kings 18:39)

Another god, however, also has power. The Bible says: "The god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not."—2 Corinthians 4:4, King James Version.

If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, among whom the god (SATAN)of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.
2 corinthians 4;4

When there is a turning to Jehovah in wholehearted devotion, however, the veil is taken away.

Jehovah’s people catch the glorious light from the Bible and radiate it to others.

But if people have that thick veil on it does not get through.

draw close to God and he will draw close to you

Yes, Jehovah sent HIS SON to earth to be a light to show people the way to everlasting life. john 17;3

And its all in the bible for us to read about

With unprejudiced eyes and honest hearts come to God’s Book and earnestly and prayerfully study it to learn the enlightening truth. :)

He is the image of the invisible God, the FIRST-BORN of all creation;
colossians 1;15

No, it depends on whether one is after the truth or not.
very true indeed , and as the bible informs us YOUR WORD IS TRUTH

Jesus Christ in praying to his Father, the Great Creator, Jehovah, declared: "Your word is truth." (John 17:17)

Everything found in the written Word of God, the Bible, is truth. :)

Jesus Christ himself said, "The Father is greater than I am" and referred to the Father as his God, "the only true God." (Joh 14:28; 17:3; 20:17; Mr 15:34; Re 1:1; 3:12)

Anyone else have this image in their head of two mountain goats day and night constantly locking horns yet neither moving, not an inch, not backwards nor forwards...

For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things. (the bible sets us straight):D

On numerous occasions Jesus expressed his inferiority and subordination to his Father. (Mt 4:9, 10; 20:23; Lu 22:41, 42; Joh 5:19; 8:42; 13:16)

Even after Jesus’ ascension into heaven his apostles continued to present the same picture.—1Co 11:3; 15:20, 24-28; 1Pe 1:3; 1Jo 2:1; 4:9, 10.

yes the bible settles who Jesus was ,

This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him." luke 9;35

that settles it then :)

I think the bottom line in this in Christianity anyway is that most Christians regard Jesus Christ as God, as in the Father the Son and The Holy Spirit.

Jehovah's witnesses and perhaps some other Christian cults have a different view.

lol... so you believe in a god? Then you are apart of a cult. :)

A cult is a system of religious worship... A group that have a faith in a divine being and have rituals and traditions and ceremonies and so on and so forth.... Christianity is a cult. As is every other religion....

Sorry, just had to mention that no idea why but it bothers me when people try to use it as a dirty word to define anothers set of beliefs and I just have to respond lol

I think the bottom line in this in Christianity anyway is that most Christians regard Jesus Christ as God, as in the Father the Son and The Holy Spirit.

i think the bottom line is that christendom for the most part , regard Jesus as God as in the trinity doctrine .

but for true christianity it is sticking to what Jesus taught . yes the father is JEHOVAH and Jesus made his name known , and Jesus is Gods son as the father made known luke 9;35 and the holy spirit is Gods active force and it is a force in motion .

and yes i would agree with you , many have taken on the trinity doctrine which i might add is not a bible teaching .

having an accurate knowledge about who the father is, who Jesus is, and what the holy spirit is will work wonders to our understanding of what the bible REALLY teaches

Jehovah's witnesses and perhaps some other Christian cults have a different view.
Jehovahs witnesses have not taken on board manmade doctrines they stick to what the bible REALLY TEACHES.

so ,as you have mentioned JEHOVAHS WITNESSES being a cult

Are Jehovah’s Witnesses a Cult?

its interesting that JESUS CHRIST was accused of being a drunkard, a glutton, a Sabbath breaker, a false witness, a blasphemer of God, and a messenger of Satan. He was also accused of being subversive.—Matthew 9:34; 11:19; 12:24; 26:65; John 8:13; 9:16; 19:12.

After Jesus’ death and resurrection, his disciples were likewise the target of serious accusations.

One group of first-century Christians were dragged to the city rulers by people crying out: ‘These men have overturned the inhabited earth.’ (Acts 17:6)

On another occasion the apostle Paul and his companion Silas were taken to the authorities and charged with greatly disturbing the city of Philippi.—Acts 16:20.

Paul was later accused of being a "pestilent fellow and stirring up seditions among all the Jews throughout the inhabited earth" and of trying "to profane the temple." (Acts 24:5, 6)

The principal men of the Jews in Rome accurately described the situation of Jesus’ followers when they acknowledged: "For truly as regards this sect it is known to us that everywhere it is spoken against."—Acts 28:22.

Evidently, this new group established by Jesus Christ was considered by some to be a religious group with radical views and practices that clashed with what was accepted in those days as normal social behavior.

Undoubtedly, many today would have considered the Christians a destructive cult.

The accusers were often prominent and respected members of the community, and this seems to have added weight to the allegations.

Many believed the accusations against Jesus and his disciples.

Yet, as you probably know, every one of these charges was false! The fact that people said these things did not make them true

What about today?

Would it be accurate to refer to Jehovah’s Witnesses as a religious group with radical views and practices that clash with what is accepted as normal social behavior?

Are Jehovah’s Witnesses a cult?

Jehovahs witnesses have not taken on board manmade doctrines they stick to what the bible REALLY TEACHES.

and dont get me started on the NWT :eek:

Are Jehovah’s Witnesses a cult?

yes definitely IMO :cool:

Its nothing personal I have a JW lady come round sometimes on a Saturday sometimes and she seems nice enough and my late grandfather became a witness in later life.

Because they are lol..

The World Book Encyclopedia explains that "traditionally, the term cult referred to any form of worship or ritual observance." By that criterion, all religious organizations could be classified as cults.

However, in general usage today, the word "cult" has a different meaning.

The same encyclopedia notes that since the mid-1900’s, publicity about cults has altered the meaning of the term.

Today, the term is applied to groups that follow a living leader who promotes new and unorthodox doctrines and practices.

so regarding JEHOVAHS WITNESSES their leader is JESUS CHRIST

Cult members often isolate themselves from family, friends, and even society in general.
Is that the case with Jehovah’s Witnesses? NO WAY we are everywhere

we are a people who are absorbed in humanity.

do not live in communes, isolating themselves from relatives and others.

Admittedly, the teachings of Jehovah’s Witnesses are different from those provided by the churches.
but that is because we are strickly inline with what the bible teaches.

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that Jehovah is the almighty God and that Jesus is his Son, not part of a triune deity.

Their faith is anchored in the belief that God’s Kingdom alone can bring relief to suffering humanity.

They warn people of the imminent destruction of this corrupt system of things.

They preach about God’s promise of an earthly paradise for obedient mankind.

They do not venerate the cross. They do not celebrate Christmas. They believe that the soul is mortal and that there is no hellfire.
They will not eat blood, nor will they accept blood transfusions.
They abstain from involvement in politics and participation in warfare.
Have you ever asked yourself why the teachings of Jehovah’s Witnesses are so different?

The Encyclopedia of Religion agrees that all that they believe is based on the Bible.

Who Is Their Leader?

It is precisely because of this close adherence to Bible teachings that the veneration and idolization of human leaders so characteristic of cults today is not to be found among Jehovah’s Witnesses.

They reject the concept of a clergy-laity distinction.
The Encyclopedia of Religion aptly states about Jehovah’s Witnesses:
"A clergy class and distinctive titles are prohibited."

so then, as is plainly seen, They follow Jesus Christ as their Leader and as Head of the Christian congregation.

It is clear that Jehovah’s Witnesses are as far from being a cult as Jesus was from being a glutton and a drunkard.
Admittedly, not everyone who was influenced by the false reports about Jesus and his disciples fell into the trap of slandering him.
Some may simply have been misinformed.

Nah.. No sale :)

Not buying it.... You're a cult like every other religious group lol... Just because some attempt to use the word to "put down" others doesn't change it's meaning...

AreJehovah’s Witnesses a sect or a cult?

Some define sect to mean a group that has broken away from an established religion.

Others apply the term to a group that follows a particular human leader or teacher.

The term is usually used in a derogatory way.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an offshoot of some church but include persons from all walks of life and from many religious backgrounds.

They do not look to any human, but rather to Jesus Christ, as their leader.

A cult is a religion that is said to be unorthodox or that emphasizes devotion according to prescribed ritual.

Many cults follow a living human leader, and often their adherents live in groups apart from the rest of society.

The standard for what is orthodox, however, should be God’s Word, and Jehovah’s Witnesses strictly adhere to the Bible.

Their worship is a way of life, not a ritual devotion.

They neither follow a human nor isolate themselves from the rest of society. They live and work in the midst of other people.

Back