Face of god...

*Yawns*

Know what?

This is boring for everyone.

I am going to ignore you.

:rolleyes:

Yea you said that already (like 2 weeks ago)....
seems you just can't keep yourself away dude?
Why is that? You don't actually care about what I say, now do ya?

Really?

Tsk. Isn't misrepresentation a form of lying, and therefore a sin? In which case, can you please show me when I have ever used these particular words...

"Your contention is we are all nuts"
Ok, so you haven't said you don't know how any intelligent being could believe in G!d (my paraphrase)

No I am not saying you used those particular words. How could I possibly said you said those words you quoted? I did not use quotes, nor would I think you would use the word your when refering to yourself. That would be illogical, how un atheistic of you to misrepresent. I was referring to your overall neutral demeaner toward believers.

And now you deny it?? no offence.

Sin is missing the mark, not being as good as you can be. Not acheiving what you are capable of as your higher self. We are not punished for our sins but by them. These are things this Christian believes...you can't lump us all in the same box..but then there I go repeating myself again.

Ok, so you haven't said you don't know how any intelligent being could believe in G!d (my paraphrase)

No I am not saying you used those particular words. How could I possibly said you said those words you quoted? I did not use quotes, nor would I think you would use the word your when refering to yourself. That would be illogical, how un atheistic of you to misrepresent. I was referring to your overall neutral demeaner toward believers.

And now you deny it?? no offence.

Sin is missing the mark, not being as good as you can be. Not acheiving what you are capable of as your higher self. We are not punished for our sins but by them. These are things this Christian believes...you can't lump us all in the same box..but then there I go repeating myself again.

It's easy enough.

As I have wandered through life, I have met many theists.

Some of them have been really intelligent people, in one way or another, there is no questioning their rationale or reason, when it comes to their business matters or personal life, they often have it together.

But to have absolute faith in the concept of an invisible entity that won't speak or show itself, but prefers to be surrounded in the obscure, is not in line with their otherwise logical and rational actions.

That is how I see it.

Could I have a friend that was religous?

Absolutely.

I do.

I can seperate the person from their religion, doesn't bother me.

The problem comes when the person cannot seperate it from themselves.

When that happens, any challenge of their belief is met with petulance, as I often see.

I am going to add this to the cyber cake.

According to christian beleif, god impregnated mary, she had a son, and that son was to be called 'jesus', the son of god, and his prophet on earth.

Let's go with that for a moment...

If this is so, could it be that satan, the nemesis of god, also has the potential to impregnate an ordinary women, and spawn the son of his seed?

The archetypal birth of the anti christ (sic), as it were.

Of course, he would need a motive.

God's apparent motive was to send his son here to be killed, so that he could 'die for our sins'. Whether that strategy was a winner or not, is up to you to decide..

So Satan would need a motive.

How about mayhem? Make the right women pregnant, he could finish up as President of the US, think of the potential for havoc there?

Just a thought..

Anyway, thoughts on this one..?

:p

Anyway, thoughts on this one..?

:p
There’s actually something much more sinister that I suggest is overlooked.

Well, let's look at the source material, why don't we (KJV):
Genesis 2
5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
God has created the plants (which would include trees) and then creates man. Then he plants the garden and places man there. We on the same page so far?

16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
Very clearly here we can see that evil already exists else it cannot be a tree of knowledge of good and evil. Man at this point in the narrative has nothing to do nor any knowledge of either good or evil. Hence evil must predate Man in order for there to be a choice.

Genesis 3
1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Now we have two questions:

1. Does this serpent lie, deceive, and tempt ("yes" to all three)-- and are any of these behaviors sinful? To answer this, apply them to the model of perfection, God. Can this God...

Lie? No, it would be sinful of God to lie and God by definition is sinless.

Deceive? No, it would be sinful of God to decieve and God by definition is sinless.

Tempt? Well, perhaps towards good, but the context here is towards disobedience and thus would be sinful, and of course it would be sinful of God to tempt and God by definition is sinless.

So we can agree that the behaviors of the serpent are pretty much sinful and none of them could be applied to the perfection of God within the narrative.

Onto our second question:

Exactly who (or what) is this serpent? It can only be one of three things:

A. An actual flesh and blood serpent
B. Satan
C. God

If it is A., and if it sins (and it does) then sin has been introduced into the world by a flesh and blood creation of god, and man has not brought it into the world.

If it is B. and if Satan sins, then once again evil has been brought into the world by an agent other than Man (although not of flesh and blood)

If it is C. (and actually, as the Author of Everything then Everything is ultimately of God) then we have a very deep problem, and a nature that totally self-destructs as God is both perfect and imperfect at the same time (this is the core "proof" of God not existing that leads to an atheistic conclusion-- for all those endless demands that atheists prove that a nothing doesn't not exist, it is only this-- that God is a senseless mass of contradictory nonsense that can establish any sort of "proof". A senseless mass of contradictory nonsense is indistinguishable from "nothingness"). For arguments sake, let's not head down C at all since in question 1 we have eliminated God being able to sin.

Now, left with choice A or B: I have heard the argument (and it's not a bad one actually): "Well, nowhere does it say God told the serpent he couldn't be evil and it was the disobedience that is the sin, not the act of evil."

To this I would point out that if sin (disobedience) is not evil, then it must be good, and if it is good, it cannot be an act of disobedience, and once again we're in a feedback loop.

But let's even concede this point and see where it leads:

What we are left with is this: Evil is of God -- no way around that -- hence, God is all good and all evil at the same time and is completely self-contradictory. Sin is the failure of the test -- but if sin is evil, and man was kept from knowing what good and evil are (only the tree could supply that knowledge and he was told not to indulge), then he is precluded from being able to pass the test. God must know this, and God, being omniscient, must know which way Man would choose. Hence, free will is an illusion.

Hence, things are the way they are because God wants them precisely this way and the claim that God didn't set out to create Satan on purpose is disproved. And this includes a nasty and capricious nature which will kill people via floods and tornadoes and fires and earthquakes etc., none of which are essential to a world created by a God. He could have just as easily made it otherwise, he just didn't.

What we are left with is this: Evil is of God -- no way around that -- hence, God is all good and all evil at the same time and is completely self-contradictory.

All those words, just to state this fallacy?

Answer this question: if a painter paints a painting depicting evil,
is the painter himself evil? God created good and evil. True. But
they are just that, His creations. He is not limited by either of them.

Just because He created evil, does not make Him evil, because
evil is finite, and Good is Infinite. He adopted the characteristics
of one (good), and left the other (evil). Also, the fact that evil
will be erased from existence, and good will persist means that evil
is finite, and good is infinite. This is why your argument is a fallacy.
You are ascribing a finite characteristic to an infinite Being.

Resign said:
1. Does this serpent lie, deceive, and tempt ("yes" to all three)-- and are any of these behaviors sinful? To answer this, apply them to the model of perfection, God. Can this God...Lie? No, Deceive? No....

So we can agree that the behaviors of the serpent are pretty much sinful and none of them could be applied to the perfection of God within the narrative.
The story is not meant to be taken literally. From a literal account perspective your arguments seem solid, and its good work. I think it might drive some people to look at the story again. It does not really settle things though.

Resigned said:
Exactly who (or what) is this serpent? It can only be one of three things: A. An actual flesh and blood serpent B. Satan
C. God
These good questions can only be answered in a non literal way. There are several ways to confim that this book and this story were never intended to be read like history.

Resigned

What we are left with is this: Evil is of God -- no way around that -- hence, God is all good and all evil at the same time and is completely self-contradictory.

All this means is that the feminists are right and God is a woman.;)

Re: Face of god... (part 1)

Z said:
i would ask if god would do this, my reasoning is that; god speaking to one man is like god speaking to all men. yet god may speak to all men if he can talk to one yes? so why not speak to all. are we to take it that he spoke to one, because we all make different interpretations, hence there would not be a single truth?
well, for a start, most believers of whatever religion would say that G!D Speaks to everyone, constantly, the question is whether we are listening. for some G!D Is Speaking when they see a snowflake, some when they hear music, some when they decode a gene sequence and some when they read sacred text. for all of us there is "static" - the question is whether we can filter out the static and amplify the signal. mystical techniques are one way to do this. yet, sometimes, we get the wrong station, or mistake the static for the signal, as it were. to be more specific, we always say that one of the unique things about the Revelation at sinai was that G!D Spoke not just to one prophet, but to the entire 600,000 (traditional figure!) of the jewish people gathered at that spot - but opinion is divided as to what precisely it was that *everyone* (as opposed to moses) heard. generally it is some riff on discussing what precisely is covered by "and G!D Spoke all these words", whether it was the 10 commandments, or just the first one, or just the first word, or just the first letter, an "aleph", which has the glottal sound made just before you speak, or, according to some, is the sound of a pause. this is further complicated by the use of synesthesia in the text, what the Torah says is that "the people SAW the SOUNDS". now i have a number of thoughts on this based upon the midrashic insight that people saw G!D's Word in each other's faces, which is linked to the shape of the letter aleph and comprehended what the "Divine Image" meant for those few crucial seconds. philosophically speaking, however, this is still a view of truth which says: truth is One, reality is One, these things are an underlying Unity in G!D, but unfortunately we still have to use our senses and our cognition and other means of perception to interpret this, meaning that this is essentially an individual question; this is known, i believe, as "privacy of experience" and has proven to be a pretty robust notion; it's a bit like saying, how do we know that what you see as blue is the same thing that i see as blue? i mean, we can both say "it's the colour of the sky and is different from the colour of grass", but that doesn't mean we are actually seeing the same thing.

*gasp*, this i am sure is a power mad human trying to say he is speaking for god when he clearly is not.
er, don't know what would lead you to that conclusion.

what i mean is that one may not see gods face because he has no face, one may see his masks and they may have many forms from visions to the tarot. if we take them as god it is idolatry, if we take them as ‘connectives’ or vague communications they are helpful.
this is very much the jewish view. there is a similar islamic concept known as "shirk" which means that one should not mistake the messenger, intermediary or interface for the Divine; we would agree.

apparently science sees no prime mover nor first cause.
not as far as i know. some people think that, others cannot. even the most advanced experimental and theoretical physics can't reach back close enough to the Beginning to tell.

at present i am more inclined towards a continuum with no beginning nor end, a cyclic universe with god/infinite being as everpresent.
well, from G!D's PoV that might well be correct, although from our PoV, as we live in the 4th dimension, we can't easily say such a thing. our sages say "before the beginning of the universe, G!D Created universes and destroyed them" - this too is part of the mystery of the aleph.

how would you think god or a given ‘external’ factor could make existence come into being, what mechanism do you envisage?
i don't know. science has some answers about the "how". kabbalah has many answers about the internal process that the G!Dhead went through in order to be able to interact with the visible universe without, as it were, blowing the whole thing up.

would go with there not being any external factors, but that existence is the result of infinite expression, ergo from an infinite being. those expressions are still present in every particle of the universe and in all evolutions ~ evolution may seam random but at some point we would end up with humans, given continual improvement yes?
perhaps. then again, from G!D's PoV perhaps we are only one of infinite realities. i would say that it's only necessary from our PoV in this particular reality. if you rolled back the evolutionary clock and rerun, you would almost certainly get a different reality.

indeed, so it is more us visiting him, moses went to god in a manner, where god is always there waiting.
this idea of a journey to the Divine has been deduced and experienced in many cultures, in my own by, for example, the merkabah mystics.

but sure the most subtle truth is unexpressed
that's an important point. i once heard it expressed that the pure Mind of G!D can be understood as a white sheet of paper - pregnant with possibility; as we cover the white with black writing, it becomes more understandable but at the same time more distant from the Source.

enlightenment said:
One religion in principle would be fine. It could benefit society. Here's the thing.
that is simple totalitarianism. this is the message of the tower of babel story and most of the midrashic material about abraham's struggle with the first dictator - nimrod.

b'shalom

bananabrain

Re: Face of god... (part 2)

Resigned said:
don’t spend time looking for contradictions in holy texts and I attack no individuals or personal faiths. I question the concept of faith and also that of reason and everything else that is asserted.
so what are you actually looking for, given that certainty isn't an option and you don't seem to be offering any answers? if you're just looking to understand the questions people have about faith and texts, then fair enough, but you've not got much of a basis on which to question either if you question reason as well.

The question of gods is the only question humans allow to escape the strictures of what constitutes knowledge.
absolutely not. we (or at any rate i) simply reject the axiom that double-blind, peer-reviewd evidence-based testing is the *only way* to determine what constitutes knowledge. science cannot tell us anything especially useful in any real, meaningful sense about why i like one piece of music as opposed to another, although it may be able to discover excellent evolutionary reasons for my preferences.

The point is, the evidence needs to be looked at, and tested, and corroborated, and thrown against other evidence that may be contrary
but it must also be a proper weighing of the evidence, with a robust control environment to prevent false positives and misleading interpretations of the same data set - the only thinker i know of that has even scratched the surface of the sort of evidence-based testing that i would consider reasonable and impartial is the atheist philosopher daniel c. dennett, in his book "breaking the spell", which i suggest you read.

did you realize that you attributed the term “incomprehensible nature” to god and then proceed to add any number of human attributes to him?All of thisreally begs the question: “If you cannot understand him, then how do you understand what he expects of you”?
er, because we have a book which we believe to be from G!D which tells us these things. human attributes are given to G!D not because it helps us understand what G!D Is, but because it helps us understand what G!D Wants. this has been consistently understood by jewish sages from time immemorial.

Revelation is a viable method, though the act of sharing a revelation is no different from it being hearsay.
unless it is done to lots of people simultaneously, as at sinai, which is what our apologists say. but, of course you can question that really easily by questioning the chain of transmission by which it gradually turned into hearsay.

Each of those attributes by definition assumes some lack or need that is required to be satisfied. This will not do in your argument, because it immediately defuses your claim that he is in some way eternally perfect.
no it doesn't. you need to understand the concept of "tzimtzum" or restriction; in this, G!D "Makes", as it were, a space within the Divine which allows for lack or need by virtue of restricting the Divine Presence. thus, lack or need can be activated through choice and free-will, which allows for the possibility of wrong choice and therefore sin and, therefore, atonement for sin. that is what the whole garden of eden story is about.

you might better try to make the case that because god cannot experience sin and such “human experience”, he needed to do it by proxy through mankind [though why god requires to satisfy this need also fatally flaws that argument, in my opinion].
you could just as well argue that there's no point doing a jigsaw when you already know what the result will be from the picture on the box.

Taking that a step further, nobody has ever been able to say with any degree of certainty that any words in any of the variously asserted holy texts are of a Divine origin.
well, like i said elsewhere, i wouldn't expect my inner experience of the Divine origin of the Torah to be transferable, because of the privacy of experience. but to my way of thinking, this is simply one of the features of the design of reality which prevents one removing all doubt - non-doubting humans being, essentially, non-human in various important respects. that is why all miracles are plausibly deniable - because otherwise doubt would be unsustainable. check the Text - the night before the red sea split, a "strong east wind blew". the only unambiguous miracle there has ever been from my PoV is the Revelation at sinai and even then, we still can't really agree what that actually was.

The theist creates for himself a genuinely unsolvable dilemma. He/she claims there is a source material that lays out the belief system. He/she claims this source material has a level of functionality that supports that belief system as well. He/she further asserts that unless the "author" of that support system (a god or god(s)) endows one with some special knowledge (knowledge that can’t be shared in a meaningful way), one cannot understand that support system as laid out and supported by the source material.
not at all. it *is* a circular argument, but you've not quite understood it. i call it the "if you were me, you'd agree" argument and it works basically like this: if you engage with the source material and work through the support system that enables you to understand the source material, you will not only experience the functionality, but gain the special knowledge. thus, someone will tell me that if i went to yeshiva for 20 years, i'd end up agreeing with them. it isn't exactly wrong, but it isn't testable. in the same way, if i learned evolutionary biology or philosophy for 20 years, i'd be unable to do question evolution or the experimental method. the conditions for the test are made effectively untestable. unfortunately, both arguments are vulnerable when someone who has been through either system then turns round and says, you know, this doesn't do everything its apologists say, it isn't the whole answer and i know of cases where this has indeed happened and it tends to be quite controversial, louis jacobs and antony flew both being famous cases in point.

Then the theist proceeds even further. He/she states that the god has a vested interest in human salvation, and through this book makes that word of salvation known, and yet... according to you there are varying degrees by which this knowledge may or may not be interpreted or even discovered.
not all theists have the same concept of salvation. this one you quote is not a jewish one.

In other words, the message of the book is a cold, unalterable law: Ye must believeth this, or be damned.
absolutely not. all we can say is "the righteous amongst the nations will receive a portion in the World to Come" [if they obey the 7 noahide laws, knowingly or unknowingly]. it's not a high standard of behaviour either.

Then the book itself ranges from fact to fiction, from literalism to metaphor helter-skelter, and humans are then asked to pick and choose which aspects are literal and which are not.
you think G!D is wrong to expect humans to develop their judgement over time? i would consider it rather wrong to keep treating us as eternal children.

Well, let's look at the source material, why don't we
the KJV is *not* the source material. it is an interpretation via about three different translations.

Is Joshua's sun-standing still (i.e., Earth stopping its rotation) a true rendering of an historical event, or not? Is the flood true? Is Adam and Eve and original sin true (this one is primary, for without it, all the rest is unnecessary)
you are right - but you're not asking the right question: is original sin actually SIN? of what does the sin consist? how you interpret this will shape your view of humanity and your entire belief system and judaism and christianity are, i fear, in total disagreement.

Sin is the failure of the test -- but if sin is evil, and man was kept from knowing what good and evil are (only the tree could supply that knowledge and he was told not to indulge), then he is precluded from being able to pass the test. God must know this, and God, being omniscient, must know which way Man would choose. Hence, free will is an illusion.
now you're getting somewhere - without free will man is not man. but from G!D's PoV there is no such thing as free will, because from G!D's PoV, man did not choose and remained in the garden *at the same time*, in alternate realities, or dimensions, or what-have-you, but in such a scenario, the world as it is for us cannot exist. perhaps angelic beings are the manifestation in our reality of the descendents of adam that did not choose and therefore lack free will? remember, the tree's not the tree of *evil* - it's the tree of *knowledge*, the tree of *choice* - in effect, choosing to be able to choose. incidentally, satan's not that important in judaism for this very reason, he's a bit more like the CPS or DA - he can only get you with what you've done, otherwise it's entrapment.

Believe this, or be eternally, forever, always and from now until never – marshmallow in Hell.
not in judaism.

The bible, you will argue, "gets a pass". No, it doesn't.
not from anyone else except literalists and fundamentalists. however, not all of us are such.

er... why? in isaiah, we have G!D Saying "I Do good and Create evil; I Am G!D, I Do all these things". what is so self-contradictory?

b'shalom

bananabrain

Re: Face of god... (part 1)

that is simple totalitarianism. this is the message of the tower of babel story and most of the midrashic material about abraham's struggle with the first dictator - nimrod.
b'shalom

bananabrain

Why though? What unites you all is that you all beleive in the same god. Surely that is the most important thing. Surely the rest is 'dressing', by comparision?

*Yawns*

Know what?

This is boring for everyone.

I am going to ignore you.

:rolleyes:

Actually, I find the passive-aggressive entendre quite entertaining!

To respond to your question about Satan, E, what you're assuming is that God and Satan are opponents on an equal footing, which they are not. God has the ability to create life; Satan does not. Not to say that he does not have the power to manipulate others to do what he wants them to do, but I don't think he can see far enough into the future to know much about what it holds.

Resigned

Very clearly here we can see that evil already exists else it cannot be a tree of knowledge of good and evil. Man at this point in the narrative has nothing to do nor any knowledge of either good or evil. Hence evil must predate Man in order for there to be a choice.

So far so good. But if the knowledge of good and evil predates man, what is it? What defines good and evil without any connection with man on earth?

I agree with Resigned that there are some religious things that must go, things that are very bad. That which I have experienced, I must assume I am qualified to describe; so I am credential'd to state the experiential value of certain religious things. I don't always say what I think, so maybe I should say more. I don't believe I can change another person's mind, but I will try not to justify anyone's delusions or platitudes.

I agree with Resigned that there are some religious things that must go, things that are very bad. That which I have experienced, I must assume I am qualified to describe; so I am credential'd to state the experiential value of certain religious things. I don't always say what I think, so maybe I should say more. I don't believe I can change another person's mind, but I will try not to justify anyone's delusions or platitudes.

Evolve religion, of a sort?

Okay, what should go, and what is bad?

And who decides?

Thanks

To respond to your question about Satan, E, what you're assuming is that God and Satan are opponents on an equal footing, which they are not. God has the ability to create life; Satan does not. Not to say that he does not have the power to manipulate others to do what he wants them to do, but I don't think he can see far enough into the future to know much about what it holds.

There is a lot of supposition there.

Whose to say that god and satan are not equal opponents, locked in some perpetual and cosmic battle between good and evil?

Whose to say that Satan could not create life? Well, sure, the Bible might say something about it, but hey, that would not be an objective source, I mean, it is the book of Satan's enemy, therefore, they aren't going to say that he can, would they.

I don't even know where you got Satan's abilties to foresee things from!

And, as you conceded, he can manipulate others to do his bidding.

The obvious choice would be a world leader, probably of the US.

True?

bananabrain hi

whilst i agree with the subjectivism you spoke of [thanks], personally i don’t think god would speak to anyone. to do so simply set that person aside from all others ~ as a father i wouldn’t treat my children so. on this then i can only agree to disagree with religions, neither i nor others are going to change their minds are they!

er, don’t know what would lead you to that conclusion.

infinity has and cannot have a face, hence an infinite being cannot. if god isn’t an infinite being then his face has limited size but would be very big and a bit hard to miss really lols. why is god seen as some kind of adolf hitler that would kill you just for looking at him, the literal interpretation is just absurd. god is nice!

not as far as i know. some people think that, others cannot. even the most advanced experimental and theoretical physics can’t reach back close enough to the Beginning to tell.

sure, there is no need for science to do that, reality is composed of the transient and the infinite, any kind of beginning throws up logical paradoxes e.g. who creates the creator and what happened before and what will happen after. sure god may have created other universes both before and after, but this doesn’t get past infinity paradoxes, there may not be an infinite amount of creations, secondly you cannot create something from nothing.

if i may suggest a possible solution; there is only the eternal, god as an infinite being works
however everything is an expression of the infinite so nothing is not of god in origin. can we see then a creation that is continual and ever-present? for me that brings g?d into the here and now, i see everything as ‘live’ in this way. for this reason i feel it is my duty to update my understanding continually, and to take each circumstance anew.

this is yet another reason why truth cannot be written in stone, the bible, torah and koran [and all other such texts including the pagan ones!] all have truth in them, however it was truth ‘then’ not so much now.

i feel we should stop seeing things in stops and starts, beginnings and endings. i cannot think of a religion or scientific philosophy that has not got it all wrong on this point - if i may. :eek: :)

perhaps. then again, from G!D’s PoV perhaps we are only one of infinite realities.

it is simply impossible to have infinity X realities or universe [and where would we draw the lines if it were?]

i would say that it’s only necessary from our PoV in this particular reality. if you rolled back the evolutionary clock and rerun, you would almost certainly get a different reality.

we would still get stars and planets, life would begin from single celled creatures etc. there are creatures on earth which developed in a closed environment yet are much like other more common variants e.g. a blind scorpion type creature was found in a cavern which had evolved without outside help ~ so why scorpion like? another debate perhaps.

*Snip*

Why doesn't the bible tell us more on how god exactly impregnated Mary?

I mean, wasn't she in a relationship, with Josheph? Was he not a little miffed that someone else had impregnated his wife. And how was it said t be done? Did god actually make her pregnant through some sort of sexual contact?

Anyone...

enlightenment hi

yeah that always got me too, jesus made his own mother pregnant with himself! *gasps*

as for the pregnancy, presumably there is a spiritual connection at conception right, so given that science can make an egg think it has been impregnated - so to say, it is quite possible that god could do a similar trick without having to even touch her [which would be impossible as he has no physical body].

Back