How do we identify a prophet?

well he was trying what if he wasn't trying and didn't find it by accident. I've found some pretty important things in life by accident. Were they really an accident though?

Yes, that's another danger for anyone trying to claim a "higher" connection with God - it flatters the sense of self, and nurture's the selfish instinct.

Setting up a religious group could be a very lucrative business plan - L Ron Hubbard is frequently ascribed to such a quote.

Hence unless there's a definite spiritual need to set up such a group, then it's a dangerous road to travel for the spiritually well-meaning.

You've met Green zebras?.... Were you under any influence?

Influence not like you as seemed in your avatar dear fellow..

Yes, I visited green Zebras in paradise. It's true...hm thats why I thought a lot to tell coz people don't trust my visions :(

Influence in my avatar? How so? :)

Do you really expect people to believe you? If you just for a moment put yourself in their shoes.... Hey Summia I saw blue flying giraffes I swear I did.. You don't believe me though right?

:D Then you really need a psychiatrist as Dr.Naik said, I was just joking but you sweared :confused:

You know dear Alex my fellow! I saw black moon also ;)

so who here claims to be a prophet ?

I have some prophetic gifts but I am not a prophet as such :confused:

I real prophet must have a long white beard and wear sandals and a robe and be unemployed :rolleyes:

I am a profit.... And You are all screwed... This world will burn and all your flesh with it :/ May 17th at 5pm..... It begins.

LOL! where is the bullet hole in your head and and nail holes in your hands?
Surely a true prophy can have some honor in his own country?:D

so who here claims to be a prophet ?

I have some prophetic gifts but I am not a prophet as such :confused:

I real prophet must have a long white beard and wear sandals and a robe and be unemployed :rolleyes:

None! dear fellow, we are fellows here. If anyone claims needs to treat with electric shocks.

O no! Realizing a prophet in todays needs a long beared to snatch it for he claimed as prophet, and sandle he needs like bush and Chadambarm :D he don't need robe for he deserve lashes and employment...Nay! :p he needs a donkey cart to travel arroung the world to collect road garbages :mad:

*photoshops his hands* You want holes in hands? I can give you holes in hands :D

You should attach the bottom of the gas mask to his stomach in your avatar and make it look like he is breathing himself like some sci fi. That is what I thought it was at first.

If you have holes in hands then you are a prophet:D

Sweet...

You know once... In my gothic.... Period.. I was seriously thinking of giving my self hole scars on my palms lol.... I settled in the end for cigar burns on my wrists lol....

The gas mask dude I could try! but having it swing around kinda reinforces the randomness feel to it ;) You seen house on haunted hill? The re-make not the original... The avatar was trying to go like that doctor that makes that crazy head shaking move when in front of cameras... I just love that. Screams uncontroable rage and insanity... heh :D

Or an elephant trunk on a human would be different.

No I did not see that movie but I do like Haunted Houses. I live in one:D. That last scary ones I watched was the Messengers and Sleepy Hollow with Johhny Depp. The Messengers in surround sound had me jumping every two minutes and that has become a Halloween tradition. These days I stick with mostly adventure or comedy.

I used to get splinters all the time in my hands and plenty of burns form the stoves from hauling firewood so I will pass on the extra burns. I get the kind of splinter that go way down under your fingernail and you cant them out without peeling back the entire nail, (oh that is fun) or deal with the pain until it grows out in a couple of weeks. I do like Goth and the Celtic dragon period especially, a lot, but you have to watch some modern gothics because it can be hard to distinguish who is really insane and who is yanking your chain. Yes?:)

Splinters(bamboo be best) to the nails... A very effective torture technique ;)

Comedy is always a must my brother ;) Nothing is as valuable as a good laugh in this world!

Most of todays "horror" is just shock value.... That is hardly insane... They do it for the reaction..... Oh and money heh.

eeek straying from topic :/ my bad.... I started this... I think?

Yeah profits... I think it's just a thing for "money" "power" some gain... Whatever they are selling they selling it for a "good price".

The Baha'is have an intersting take on the Prophets...

According to Bahá'u'lláh , all of the Manifestations of God have the same metaphysical nature and the same spiritual stature. There is absolute equality among Them. No one of Them is superior to another. Speaking of the Manifestations, He wrote:
These sanctified Mirrors, these Day Springs of ancient glory, are, one and all, the Exponents on earth of Him Who is the central Orb of the universe, its Essence and ultimate Purpose. From Him proceed their knowledge and power; from Him is derived their sovereignty.... By the revelation of these Gems of Divine virtue all the names and attributes of God, such as knowledge and power, sovereignty and dominion, mercy and wisdom, glory, bounty, and grace, are made manifest. These attributes of God are not, and have never been, vouchsafed specially unto certain Prophets, and withheld from others.... That a certain attribute of God hath not been outwardly manifested by these Essences of Detachment doth in no wise imply that they who are the Day Springs of God's attributes and the Treasuries of His holy names did not actually possess it.

Back