Why is Christianity loosing the cultural war ?

The list on both sides is quite even.
The decline in the culture affects all. You did not get the points made in my post.

Perhaps you should point out to Friend2men that he/she fails to see that both sides are to blame.

I believe that was the point of my post.

The most vocal activist against same sex marriage have destroyed their traditional marriages with affairs. I am married and I am not threatened by homosexual activist. My children have never been threatened. I don't think people oppose people promoting traditional marriage because most people are involved in such a marriage. I think they oppose Hypocrites who profit from fear, hatred and separation. We are the United States.
Both free sex and homosexuality are detested by God. Satan on the other hand, praises such behavior the most.

The list on both sides is quite even.
The decline in the culture affects all. You did not get the points made in my post.

So your argument is that liberals and conservatives both destroy their marriages for extramarital affairs because society seeks to accept homosexuality?

Christians prohibit extramarital sex, but the prohibition is no longer enforced and churches welcome adulterers. Why not welcome homosexuals? Church leaders associate with transgressors without condemning them because the transgressors pay and make donations. Sinners detest other sinners because they see themselves in those individuals. Christians now quote Satan and meditate on what pleases him.

I as a Christian need to overcome sin and please God individually with love and tolerance and not condemn what I perceive as pleasing Satan. If we focus on Jesus and follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit we shall not sin but do what is pleasing to God. If we concentrate on sin, we loose focus on Jesus and we follow Satan. Christian sinners are so quick to point the finger at others. They need only to change themselves.

So your argument is that liberals and conservatives both destroy their marriages for extramarital affairs because society seeks to accept homosexuality?
Sin is color blind. Satan tries to destroy God's family and God's children every way he can.
Satan and his friends do not discriminate. Homosexuality is another of his tool.
It has existed for centuries.

Today, the society wants to make it legitimate and ultimately destroy marriage.

please explain your view of "free sex" and then what is the opposite?
The opposite of free sex is absolute sex. Purity before marriage and fidelity during marriage. First love based on eternal commitment is much better

Ultimately within this boundary of total trust, we can feel free and not become slave to promiscuous sex.

Any mistake from one affect the whole family.

Today's culture promotes constant lust and humans as objects and body parts. In secular individualism we are not much better than animals.

God wanted to experience happiness with us. The human fall broke His heart

Christians prohibit extramarital sex,
God does prohibit extramarital sex.

but the prohibition is no longer enforced and churches welcome adulterers. Why not welcome homosexuals?
Churches are hospital for sinners. There is a big difference between welcome, promote, accept or demand reparation and repentance. I think there are all kind of standards out there.

Church leaders associate with transgressors without condemning them because the transgressors pay and make donations.
Soma you are making many generalizations and put everyone in the same bag.

Sinners detest other sinners because they see themselves in those individuals.
Yes, we do not like to see our own weaknesses in others and sometimes we think that by judging them publicly make us stronger. It is often not the case.

Christians now quote Satan and meditate on what pleases him.
?

I as a Christian need to overcome sin and please God individually with love and tolerance and not condemn what I perceive as pleasing Satan. If we focus on Jesus and follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit we shall not sin but do what is pleasing to God. If we concentrate on sin, we loose focus on Jesus and we follow Satan. Christian sinners are so quick to point the finger at others. They need only to change themselves.
Yes changing ourselves is the best way to start affecting the whole. If as a person you are a parent or a public figure especially, you are forced to take position on issues and should not be silent. History is full of cowardice in front of evil going on in our society

Today, the society wants to make it legitimate and ultimately destroy marriage.
You keep repeating this claim like a broken record, but have not established how a rights issue could have any relevance at all to the viability of traditional hetero marriages.

You keep repeating this claim like a broken record, but have not established how a rights issue could have any relevance at all to the viability of traditional hetero marriages.

By legalizing same sex marriage, we are rendering our most sacred institution, marriage, meaningless in the official eyes of the government
and as a nation will formalize the acceptability of behavior our Bible calls sinful and abominable.

Every human being is equal. Using this right to say that ss nutptial is equal to marriage is a lie. They are obviously different and I would even say opposite.

Transforming a right into a lie is bad for the country.

Out of wedlock birth were 5% 50 years ago. They are now 40%. We are following the Scandinavia model which is now 80% out of wedlock. They have ss nuptials for almost a decade.

Marriage is practically dead there.

To misquote Mark Twain, "The rumors of marriage's death have been greatly exaggerated"

Referring to my long post a few days ago, let me clarify 2 minor things.

First, in referring to 'liberal' I was not using the term as widely used today, and this was my mistake. In my use I was thinking of the original sense, meaning, the liberation of the 'estates' and classes of people at the end of feudalism. This enabled upward mobility and allowed freer transit.

The real point is this: That the 18th cent. revolutionary zeitgeist which toppled the ancient regime has never really stopped rolling for 200 yrs. For the past 40 it has been pushing sexual promiscuity. There've been some good scholarly books showing the long-range connections.

Second point to clarify, because it was lost within my lengthy style, is that Jesus' early Church actually discouraged family values in the blood-relative sense, but not due to a desire for promiscuity for free-thinking; rather it was because family obligations conflict with the kingdom of God and its other-worldliness. IN this thinking, a same-sex bond, or living a monastic life, would be preferable to raising a family.

Back