The state of the dead....

All pain and suffering is in the mind (consciousness).

And the life of Jesus is not fantasy, no can read the gospels without feeling the actual presence of jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life.

Actually pain and suffering is a combination of mind and nerve endings...:eek:

All pain and suffering is in the mind (consciousness).

And the life of Jesus is not fantasy, no can read the gospels without feeling the actual presence of jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life.
pain and suffering are a reality in this world , but in the promised paradise earth, pain and suffering will be a thing of the past.

With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”REVELATION 21;3-4

(Isaiah 25:8) He will actually swallow up death forever, and the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will certainly wipe the tears from all faces. And the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for Jehovah himself has spoken [it].

(1 Corinthians 15:26) As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing.

(Revelation 7:17) because the Lamb, who is in the midst of the throne, will shepherd them, and will guide them to fountains of waters of life. And God will wipe out every tear from their eyes.”

And no resident will say: “I am sick.” The people that are dwelling in [the land] will be those pardoned for their error.ISAIAH 33;24

pain and suffering are a reality in this world , but in the promised paradise earth, pain and suffering will be a thing of the past.

With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”REVELATION 21;3-4

(Isaiah 25:8) He will actually swallow up death forever, and the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will certainly wipe the tears from all faces. And the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for Jehovah himself has spoken [it].

(1 Corinthians 15:26) As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing.

(Revelation 7:17) because the Lamb, who is in the midst of the throne, will shepherd them, and will guide them to fountains of waters of life. And God will wipe out every tear from their eyes.”

And no resident will say: “I am sick.” The people that are dwelling in [the land] will be those pardoned for their error.ISAIAH 33;24

When the brain is dead, the mind is gone. We know this for fact. Therefore man must be more than the sum of his parts, ergo his spirit must carry his memories and personality, somehow, or else everything the Bible says is a lie concerning the afterlife.

The word "lie" claims that the authors *knew* that what they were saying was false. What the Bible says concerning the afterlife could be a "mistake" rather than a lie (or rather, what some particular section of the Bible says: the different authors of the various books did not all have the same opinions on this subject, as on many others).

When the brain is dead, the mind is gone. We know this for fact. Therefore man must be more than the sum of his parts, ergo his spirit must carry his memories and personality, somehow, or else everything the Bible says is a lie concerning the afterlife.
there is no bible afterlife, there is a resurrection . and for the most of us it will be on the earth . when we die we go to dust just as the bible teaches us, but Jehovah has us in his memory, it is nothing for the true God to remember how to make us new again , it may be a new fleshly body, it will not be the same body but he knows just how to bring us back as the same individual .
it is no big deal for the creator to do that .:) but for the little flock of 144,000 who will be resurreced to live in heaven with Jesus ,it will be a spiritual body that they are resurreced with. thats because flesh and blood cannot live in heaven , so they will be given a spiritual body like Jesus has in heaven . but there is no AFTERLIFE it is a resurrection, if we are in Gods memory

( the immortality of the human soul )is not a bible teaching, but many have been misled by that teaching . but the bible does not teach that.

the state of the dead ...... not aware of any thing at all . the living are aware that they will die, but the dead are not aware of anything at all. they are dead .

just as the bible teaches us, yes the bible is most helpful in knowing the truth.

(Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.

(Ecclesiastes 9:10) All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in She′ol, the place to which you are going.

the state of the dead ...... not aware of any thing at all . the living are aware that they will die, but the dead are not aware of anything at all. they are dead .

just as the bible teaches us, yes the bible is most helpful in knowing the truth.

(Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.

(Ecclesiastes 9:10) All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in She′ol, the place to which you are going.
Ecclesiates was a lament from Solomon who'd waned from his faith in God. It was also written before the coming of Jesus, who inturn destroyed death. When Jesus went into hades to preach to the souls there, they were not asleep. Those waiting for the promised coming of the Lord were redeemed and went to Heaven.

Indeed Mee, if the "kingdom of heaven" is at hand, now, here, then there is no time between death and being united with Christ. The "ressurection" is for the physical bodies of those who have passed over, and the transformation is for those who have yet to die when the new beginning is here.

God's Kingdom is not at hand (at least there is no proof) and the dead do not go to heaven they just die until the time of judgment (evident in the Bible).

God's Kingdom is not at hand (at least there is no proof) and the dead do not go to heaven they just die until the time of judgment (evident in the Bible).
That idea conflicts with what Jesus said to the thief on the cross next to Him...He said, "On this day, you will be with me in Paradise" (para). Now, can that be explained?

v/r

Q

Jesus, who inturn destroyed death.

Jesus plays a very big part in Gods purpose for the earth, and one of those things is to swallow up death for ever. At the momment all humans are in a dieing state ,we all grow old and eventually die . romans 5;12

but as the bible informs us death will be swallowed up forever . 1 corinthians 15;21-28

21 For since death is through a man,(ADAM) resurrection of the dead is also through a man. (JESUS)22 For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each one in his own rank: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence. 24 Next, the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet. 26 As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing. 27 For [God] “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.

YES OUR ENEMY IS DEATH ,BUT IT WILL BE DONE AWAY WITH.

And death and Ha′des were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire..... revelation 20;14

He will actually swallow up death forever, and the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will certainly wipe the tears from all faces. And the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for Jehovah himself has spoken [it].ISAIAH 25;8

Yes, we can confidently look to the future when Jehovah God, the Giver of life, will bury death forever. What a blessing it will be when we can rightly ask: “Death, where is your victory? Death, where is your sting?”—1 Corinthians 15:55.

That idea conflicts with what Jesus said to the thief on the cross next to Him...He said, "On this day, you will be with me in Paradise" (para). Now, can that be explained?

v/r

Q
Jesus replied: “Truly I tell you today, You will be with me in Paradise.”—Luke 23:39-43.

Jesus had a marvelous hope set before him. The apostle Paul noted the effect that this hope had upon Jesus, observing: “For the joy that was set before him he endured a torture stake, despising shame.”—Hebrews 12:2.

Included in “the joy” set before Jesus was living with his Father again in heaven and eventually serving as Ruler of God’s Kingdom. Moreover, he would also have the joy of welcoming into heaven proven and trusted followers of his that would rule with him as kings over the earth. (John 14:2, 3; Philippians 2:7-11; Revelation 20:5, 6) What, then, did Jesus mean when he promised the repentant evildoer that he would be in Paradise?

That man did not qualify to rule with Jesus in heaven. He is not included among those to whom Jesus said: “You are the ones that have stuck with me in my trials; and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom.” (Luke 22:28, 29) Yet, Jesus promised that the evildoer would be in Paradise with him. How will that promise be fulfilled?

By means of Christ’s heavenly rule, God’s original purpose for the entire earth to be a paradise will be fulfilled!

During this Kingdom rule, Jesus will fulfill his promise to the criminal who died alongside him. He will resurrect him, and that man will become an earthly subject of Jesus. Then the evildoer will be given an opportunity to meet God’s requirements and live forever under the rule of the Kingdom. Surely we can rejoice in the Bible-based prospect of living forever in Paradise on earth!

Psalm 37:29; Revelation 21:3, 4....... MATTHEW 5;5

Jesus replied: “Truly I tell you today, You will be with me in Paradise.”—Luke 23:39-43.

Jesus had a marvelous hope set before him. The apostle Paul noted the effect that this hope had upon Jesus, observing: “For the joy that was set before him he endured a torture stake, despising shame.”—Hebrews 12:2.

Included in “the joy” set before Jesus was living with his Father again in heaven and eventually serving as Ruler of God’s Kingdom. Moreover, he would also have the joy of welcoming into heaven proven and trusted followers of his that would rule with him as kings over the earth. (John 14:2, 3; Philippians 2:7-11; Revelation 20:5, 6) What, then, did Jesus mean when he promised the repentant evildoer that he would be in Paradise?

That man did not qualify to rule with Jesus in heaven. He is not included among those to whom Jesus said: “You are the ones that have stuck with me in my trials; and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom.” (Luke 22:28, 29) Yet, Jesus promised that the evildoer would be in Paradise with him. How will that promise be fulfilled?

By means of Christ’s heavenly rule, God’s original purpose for the entire earth to be a paradise will be fulfilled!

During this Kingdom rule, Jesus will fulfill his promise to the criminal who died alongside him. He will resurrect him, and that man will become an earthly subject of Jesus. Then the evildoer will be given an opportunity to meet God’s requirements and live forever under the rule of the Kingdom. Surely we can rejoice in the Bible-based prospect of living forever in Paradise on earth!

Psalm 37:29; Revelation 21:3, 4....... MATTHEW 5;5

Jesus did not have hope. He had inate knowledge. He didn't tell his followers to have faith and hope. He said "know this"...

Jesus did not have hope. He had inate knowledge. He didn't tell his followers to have faith and hope. He said "know this"...

as we look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus. For the joy that was set before him he endured a torture stake, despising shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. hebrews 12;2

(Psalm 110:1) The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord is: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”

(Hebrews 10:12) But this [man] offered one sacrifice for sins perpetually and sat down at the right hand of God,

(Matthew 22:44) ‘Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies beneath your feet”’?

(Acts 2:35) until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”’

(1 Corinthians 15:25) For he must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet.

(Hebrews 1:13) But with reference to which one of the angels has he ever said: “Sit at my right hand, until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet”?

(Hebrews 10:13) from then on awaiting until his enemies should be placed as a stool for his feet.

As for faith and hope

Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld. HEBREW 11;1

they go hand in hand

(Romans 8:24) For we were saved in [this] hope; but hope that is seen is not hope, for when a man sees a thing, does he hope for it?

(2 Corinthians 4:18) while we keep our eyes, not on the things seen, but on the things unseen. For the things seen are temporary, but the things unseen are everlasting.

(2 Corinthians 5:7) for we are walking by faith, not by sight.

Jehovah God has provided his Word the Bible with its instruction and examples, so that all men may have hope. (Ro 15:4; 1Co 10:11; 2Ti 3:16, 17) This hope has to be proclaimed to others by those possessing it; in so doing, the possessor of hope saves himself and those who listen to him.—1Pe 3:15; 1Ti 4:16.

v/r

Q
*cheers Q* Yep it can be explained in one way that some people go to Heaven when they die.

Back