Television Series.

The completely marvellous Ashes to Ashes has just finished. For our American friends, this was the follow on from Life on Mars. I should say that by all accounts the American version of Life on Mars was utter junk. Stick with the original - you know it makes sense!

My favourite Gene Hunt line: "You are surrounded by armed b@stards!!!"

s.

I got into watching news & political commentary programs from 4 to 10 p.m. during the '08 election, & I still watch news most of the time. I watch even more of it now that I'm retired.

However, I like NCIS, Dr. Who, & Deadliest Catch. I visited my brother in the U.K. in Feb. & got interested in "Being Human" while there. I was pleased to learn that BBC America will be running it this summer. I watch "Stargate Universe" once in a while because Robert Carlyle is in it.

My' guilty pleasure TV' (that I shouldn't admit to watching because I'm sure it kills brain cells) is "Wife Swap".

LOL, Torchwood, havent seen that in a while......... I like Dr Who, but I get a little sad everytime they change the doctor!! LOL. I miss The Bill!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, I wish BBC america would show it!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to watch the Doctor again. Starting from the third Doc, because I haven't watched the older ones before. Watched a bit of the first Doctor, and one episode with the second, but I'm goin from what's on youtube, so I'm limited there. The new series I can just watch instantly on netflix so I'm good there. Likin' it so far.

I decided to watch the Doctor again. Starting from the third Doc, because I haven't watched the older ones before. Watched a bit of the first Doctor, and one episode with the second, but I'm goin from what's on youtube, so I'm limited there. The new series I can just watch instantly on netflix so I'm good there. Likin' it so far.

See I can't do that. If I start watching a series, I have to begin with the pilot and go from start to finish.

Yeah, I know, But lol, I'm doin the best I can. I've watched the whole of the third Doctor's episodes, so I've just deluded myself into believing that the show starts with him... It's a talent delusion.

Anyway, I'm not that big on black and white, and that's like the only way to see the first two doctor's seasons. The second doc looks neat, but I just don't think the first doc is quirky enough for me, lol.

To be honest, Eherm, I totally read the wikipedia summary for all the episodes I couldn't watch. I'm a dork like that, lol.

Reverse the polarity!

I finished the series Band of Brothers. Pretty much its like a long war movie about WWII with some interspersed commentary from veterans.

I suppose if 17th is going through Star Trek I should try to watch some of the old Doctor Who's. So far the only black & white ones I've seen were the one with 5 doctors, the one where they discover the Daleks, and the one where the discover the Machine Men. So far the writers don't like robots at all, except for Sarah Jane's doggie and maybe the TARDIS.

I have just finished the Third (and final series) Of the original Star Treks... I have enjoyed the voyage so far much so, on to "next Generation" after doing it in chronological order. I have thought about going for Doctor Who's later... But not sure I'll appreciate them.. Still contemplating that decision.

I'd say that Next Generation is different. Very different. The new transporter beam takes a lot of getting used-to. Marina Sirtis has a cute accent though.

I have been aware of the "trekkie sides" Kirk over Picard.... So it will be interesting to see why this happens, Also to see if the same vibe continues in the original series, there is rarely any alien physical beings.... Sure you see the Klingon's like 3 or so times and the Romulan's once or twice... But the rest are basically primitive humans, you have the planet that bases it's civilisation on the 1920's Gangster mafia ways.... Or the Ancient Romans! And the scientist that thought it would be a good idea to incorporate the German Nazi regime to run a happy and efficient planet.... Professor if I may be so bold? You went to far mate.... What did you expect... Specially with a planet called Zion so close by... LOL I mean come on, that's gonna end in tears!

Oh, man. Bad memories. My dad's a total trekkie and made me sit through the whole origional series with him because they were airing it remastered or something. Ummm... And it wasn't meant to be. Spock looked like a drag queen, let's just leave it at that, lol.

I know I should appreciate black and white, but I dun wanna. :p*

Oh, and the really old school Doctor Who is missing a bunch of episodes. Another part of the reason I started with the third Doc. Cause I prolly coulda dug up all the old episodes they still have if I really wanted to. I still might for the second Doctor. The first one though... well when the show started out it was supposed to be like, all educational and...stuff. *cough* I just don't think I could take black and white and educational at the same time. ^_^

Oh, man. Bad memories. My dad's a total trekkie and made me sit through the whole origional series with him because they were airing it remastered or something. Ummm... And it wasn't meant to be. Spock looked like a drag queen, let's just leave it at that, lol.

I know I should appreciate black and white, but I dun wanna. :p*

Oh, and the really old school Doctor Who is missing a bunch of episodes. Another part of the reason I started with the third Doc. Cause I prolly coulda dug up all the old episodes they still have if I really wanted to. I still might for the second Doctor. The first one though... well when the show started out it was supposed to be like, all educational and...stuff. *cough* I just don't think I could take black and white and educational at the same time. ^_^

*Air horn*
Rule one of Tv Series club! You do not talk about TV series club! No wait.. That's not it! Rule one! No bad mouthing Trek! lol.

I can't honestly get enough of these and to think I used to picked on kids that were trekkies.... The shame :/ *sighes* That's alot of appology calls and letters I got to make.

I am sure you could find the missing episodes which are they? Rule two of TV series club!!! Any material is reachable!

I just found Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi again (I hope), a series about a rather interesting group of people during the Meijin Era, who fight demons that attack the Japanese people. One of the characters is a drifter who can extract the true name from any-one/-thing and use it as a weapon, another is a Shinto priest who is a transvestite because his tradition dictates that he do so (he's an expert in the use of firearms), another is an actress who dresses like a boy because girls weren't supposed to go on stage, and another is an Aztec girl who is traveling with an interesting horse (the "horse" is actually an incarnation of Quetzalcoatl that melded with the "companion" of the drifter, but the "companion" was actually another demon that took the form of his good friend.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Lol, no no no, I've earned the right to badmouth trek. My name is based on Trek. I had to take my second grade school pic in a star Trek uniform top that my dad bought me at a convention where I was traumatized by drunken Klingons. So... yea, lol. I've earned certain privileges.

And about vanished who, I'm pretty sure even BBC is looking for the missing episodes. Check out the wiki under missing episodes. It's all so very lame. :(

Breaking Bad is an awesome artistic effort that parallels the genius of Six Feet Under.

Lol, no no no, I've earned the right to badmouth trek. My name is based on Trek. I had to take my second grade school pic in a star Trek uniform top that my dad bought me at a convention where I was traumatized by drunken Klingons. So... yea, lol. I've earned certain privileges.

And about vanished who, I'm pretty sure even BBC is looking for the missing episodes. Check out the wiki under missing episodes. It's all so very lame. :(

No one... No One!!! *stomps foot* Has the right to badmouth the Star Trek!

Had it my way it would be a crime punishable by public flogging.

Back