Is Christianity anti-women?

Buddhist perspective on this question:
Saññoga Sutta: Bondage

A problem arises with this sutta: the child is the result of both man and woman, both are inside the child. The child is a synthesis of the parents, although the childs hormones will certainly provide certain characteristics. The hormones only place an emphasis in one direction though, the other is still present.

Transcending the masculine for a male, and feminine for the female, this is how homosexuality arises. The male will become receptive, and the woman aggressive - the queen and the butch respectively are our ignorant statements about them. Buddha has only said half, and you cannot overcome only half and say you have transcended. Sexuality itself has to be transcended, not merely the masculine desire for femininity or vise versa. It does not mean you avoid sex either, though, if you are against sex you have not transcended it, you have simply gone in the negative direction. Avoidance means repression, and this is quite unhealthy. It simply means you do not pursue, trying to be celibate is still a desire.

In other places Buddha discusses this rightly, but he has missed here.

As an aside, celibacy is quite important to religious paths for a very basic reason:

Sexual desire is the manifestation of the life energy in its lowest form, while enlightenment is the life energy in the highest. By overcoming sexuality, you can accumulate this energy, and eventually it builds up and explodes in enlightenment.

Religions have made of this truth something disgusting though, by repressing sex they have created the plethora of perversion that is evident in our world today. Celibacy arises naturally when it is your time, before then it is dangerous force it. The Catholic church is finding this out quite publicly and to its credit seems to be coming to terms with its dangers.

Sexuality itself has to be transcended,
That's how I read the sutta

Transcending the masculine for a male, and feminine for the female, this is how homosexuality arises. The male will become receptive, and the woman aggressive - the queen and the butch respectively are our ignorant statements about them. Buddha has only said half, and you cannot overcome only half and say you have transcended
<...>
In other places Buddha discusses this rightly, but he has missed here.
I don't think he has. It's about a lack of bondage, (notice the title of the sutta is "Bondage?")

"And how is there lack of bondage? A woman does not attend inwardly to her feminine faculties... feminine charms. She is not excited by that, not delighted by that... does not attend outwardly to masculine faculties... masculine charms. She is not excited by that, not delighted by that... does not want to be bonded to what is outside her, does not want whatever pleasure & happiness that arise based on that bond. Not delighting, not caught up in her femininity, a woman does not go into bondage with reference to men. This is how a woman transcends her femininity.​

If the person does not delight in and is not excited by sexuality and seek whatever pleasure that arises from that bond, homosexuality won't develop either.

as Christians we are the Bride of Christ, so in that sense we are all women.

as Christians we are the Bride of Christ, so in that sense we are all women.

Sorry but I disagree. Jesus said who do you say the son of man is. He never referred to himself as a woman. End time prophecy is about women about the female as the bride, the female counterparts. The eutruscan mummy is a mummy of a woman with a scroll that was wrapped around it like bandages that is proof of this prophecy. If men were women it would have been a male mummy.

Sorry but I disagree. Jesus said who do you say the son of man is. He never referred to himself as a woman. End time prophecy is about women about the female as the bride, the female counterparts. The eutruscan mummy is a mummy of a woman with a scroll that was wrapped around it like bandages that is proof of this prophecy. If men were women it would have been a male mummy.

in the Christianity that I have been exposed to, Christians are considered to be the Bride of Christ.

Bride of Christ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i'm not really bothered whether you agree or not.

I understand that but the concept leads to confusion. The bible never refers to the man as the bride but the bridegroom.

yes i think you are right, Christ is the Bridegroom and the Church is his Bride at least thats how the story goes.

yes i think you are right, Christ is the Bridegroom and the Church is his Bride at least thats how the story goes.
True. The woman is said to be a church as a bride because the body is prior to marriage not in resurrected condtion.

On the one hand, there are plenty of women vicars of Dibley around nowadays, yet sections of the male clergy are strongly opposed to women vicars, so I thought I'd open this thread for discussion.
Are the christian male clergy being old fuddy-duddies or what?
What do other faiths think of women, and do they have women priests?

No
Women are anti-Christianity.

No
Women are anti-Christianity.

lol no they are not. Mary magdalene prophecies are about the bride of christ in end time. How can women be antichrisitan if they are the brides...geesh.

Your question has a simple answer... You dont understand the Bible... That is all... Seek guidance when reading the bible for anyone can read but not everyone can understand...

Your question has a simple answer... You dont understand the Bible... That is all... Seek guidance when reading the bible for anyone can read but not everyone can understand...

Was that directed at me?

On the one hand, there are plenty of women vicars of Dibley around nowadays, yet sections of the male clergy are strongly opposed to women vicars, so I thought I'd open this thread for discussion.
Are the christian male clergy being old fuddy-duddies or what?
What do other faiths think of women, and do they have women priests?

while its true women are to remain silent in church . That does not mean God favors men over women.

In fact just seeing how Jesus tenderly treats and thinks of his mom from the cross certainly shows the world men are not favoreed or loved more highly than women.

yet

5. The headship principle is clearly taught in the Old Testament. In Genesis 3:16 the Lord says to the woman: “Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.” The original structure at creation remained in effect after the fall into sin.

read whole thing

http://www.evangelicallutheransynod...tements/roles-of-men-and-women-in-the-church/

Back