Endless new "members"

Snoopy

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anything be done about the endless stream of new "members"?

I suspect they're not entirely human and 10,000 of them have been on my profile page :eek:

Hi,

Can anything be done about the endless stream of new "members"?

I suspect they're not entirely human and 10,000 of them have been on my profile page :eek:
Ok snoop....

I snooped...

it lists the last ten visitors...

All of them appear to be folks we know of that post...

One of them hasn't been online for almost a month....

the 10k number is new?

me thinks you are just popular...

no no no!

I mean all the ones with similar style names like brendansmith4D66, location India...

the 10k number is new?...

I'd say so, by some magnitude. It certainly caught my eye. Seems extremely high for a site with so few members...Just picked Salty at random - he joined a year before me and has had 2k hits. The last 10 visitors to my page hardly changes from week to week...

OK there's a real live one just joined:

heatherjohnson02D3

location India.

the home page of their website contains the words breast pump.

go figure!!!

Yeah, unfortunately forums are subject to a lot of forum spam. I try and put things in place to minimise it, but the Indian spammers are pretty prolific and it's pretty hard to stop them outright.

Allelyah makes even less sense than ... Well you know who....

Ahh, that's interesting, never ocurred to me that Allelyah might be a Bot?
that would explain the insanity and vernacular failure!

Allelyah - where are you from? Is English your first language?

You can go over to the hell area of dialogue. There is something there that is placed to Lunitik a little bit ago about the way certain life seeks to "cause" others to understand in a protracted way. It is really not able to be done within what is understood as tight regimes and sentence structures. Religion has tried to do this and what is the result? This is not what forms knowledge or experiences that are appreciated. There is also life that seeks to end new knowledge, feeling and misunderstanding it as threatening to them and to what they are doing that they can not continue to do, and this is not able to be done.

Am tweaking the filters to be more aggressive now, and banning a few IP's the bots seem to be streaming in on.

Ban the IP and bots of others in the same manner that you would have others ban your IP and bots. ... since, behind every IP, bot, home, computer, and web site, there is a person.

Luecy said:
Ban the IP and bots of others in the same manner that you would have others ban your IP and bots. ... since, behind every IP, bot, home, computer, and web site, there is a person.
Seems like you know something! 'Luecy' of course is an acronym that means:

LU -- Logic Unit (see definition)
EC -- Used by CE Certified Ethical Hackers (ecouncil.org)
Y -- actually a transmuted V for Vengeance.

:cool: What was that? You had a hacking cough?

'Luecy' of course is an acronym that means:

LU -- Logic Unit (see definition)
EC -- Used by CE Certified Ethical Hackers (ecouncil.org)
Y -- actually a transmuted V for Vengeance.
In your dream?

:cool: What was that? You had a hacking cough?
Hack others the way you would have others hack you. Infect others the way you would have others infect you.

There sure do seem to be a lot of ... Birthdays, today! 32 is a popular age, all because of the Jan 1 1980 default date I guess. That's nuts, if this is hacking/spamming. Yuck.

Back