Did youknow Muslims Also Believe Jesus Will Return

thanks saybs...also somebody said on the other page rhe bible says prophets after jesus a.s will be fake...are you saying jesus is a prophet as islam says?also the bible doesnt say this
the bible says in matthew 7 and 24 basically that false prophets should not be taken...so it says they will be proved wrong somewhere else in the NEW TESTAMENT as i have read before..being an ex christian myself.they will be proved wrong through their prophecies...i challenge you to find one prophecy of Muhammads (pbuh) that can be disproved...fare enough prophecies of the day of ressurection havent all come true..yet..as i wrote new testament above...was it in the new testament because paul was untrustworthy so wanted to make sure gods true religion was not beleived?

Nusaybah said:

And if you actually read the bible, am not sure if you have, but you would heve found many prophecies referring to the coming Of MUhammad p.b.u.h.,

I have been reading and studying the bible for over 30 years, there is no reference to muhammad in any positive reference.

BlaznFattyz said:
I have been reading and studying the bible for over 30 years, there is no reference to muhammad in any positive reference.

There is no reference to Mohhamad at all. In fact, he was 600 years after the fact (two hundred years after the first offical "bible" was published. The Islamic version of scripture didn't come around until circa 732 A.D. (C.E.) Mohammad is never mentioned by name, nor by nationality, nor geographical area in the Bible. Nor is his time on earth ever mentioned.

v/r

Q

Deutronomy 18:18
John 1:21
John 16:7
John 14:26
John 14:16
Deutronomy 33:1-2
Matthew 21:43
John 16:13

Also intresting to note how long after jesus the "bible" was actually compiled. From an historians view, it wouldn't be very authentic

Nusaybah said:
Also intresting to note how long after jesus the "bible" was actually compiled. From an historians view, it wouldn't be very authentic

While I reveiw the scriptures you posted (I am very curious), I note that the Bible, means "Biblia" or composition of many books (a library). While Mohommad's Quran was not written in its entirety until two hundred years after him, the argument could the same (concerning its authenticity).

However, unlike the Quran, half the Bible was already in existence prior to the arrival of Jesus...about 1400 years before, down to 200 years before (depending upon which book we are talking about). The first two Gospels and several Epistles were written 30 to 75 years after Jesus. The Coptics and Ethiopians had "whole Bibles" within 100 years.

What you are referring to is the "official version" as decreed by a psuedo political/religious organization that decided to make Christianity "officially the state religion" of an area.

v/r

Q

Deutronomy 18:18, it says as God saying to Moses:

"I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command"

These words of God, speak of his Son. Not only this chapter, but all the prophets point to Jesus Christ. Moses was a deliverer of the law and of his people out of Egypt. God sent his Son that fulfilled all the prophecies, the laws, and scripture to be the saviour to his people, the jews, as well as the entire world of gentiles, so that we might be saved with eternal life in the presence of the Lord.

The quran was complete at the time of the prophet, so therefore it was entire. U many be referring to the collection of the quran in one sigle document which was done after the demise Of the Prophet. Though i don't know where you got the 200 years from. Thats not true at all. It was done a couple of decades after, not centuries!!

Nusaybah said:
Deutronomy 18:18
John 1:21
John 16:7
John 14:26
John 14:16
Deutronomy 33:1-2
Matthew 21:43
John 16:13

Deuteronomy 18 deals with the tribe of Levi of the Hebrews. They were to become the priests of the people. Mohammand had nothing to do with the Levites.

John 1: 21 deals with John the Baptist. I think it a pretty long stretch to assume the "Prophet" is Mohammad. Since Mohammad is a son of Ishmael, and the only place in the Bible dealing with any son of Ishmael directly was Ishmael himself, I think this is presumptuous to claim the title of "The Prophet" for one's own religious icons who's belief counters another.

John 16: 7 was given to the followers prior to Jesus' departure (right before the Pentacost, and the arrival of the Holy Spirit). One must take the whole of the text into consideration, not just a verse here or there. The "advocate" is the Holy Spirit of God, which is alive and well and working here on earth to this day.

John 14: 26 is directly dealing with the Holy Spirit of God. In fact it states as much.

John 14:16 again deals with the Holy Spirit of God. Jesus is about to leave and his followers are concerned they will be left alone. How will they do the Lord's work with no guidance (in their life time, since they are the beginnings of Christian teaching to the world)?

Deuteronomy 33: 1-2 is the beginning of the blessing of Moses to the Hebrews upon his death. 1-2 are describing the Lord God, not a prophet.

Matthew 21: 43 is Jesus warning the priests: 43"Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing its fruits. 44 And the one who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; and when it falls on anyone, it will crush him."[e]

45 When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard his parables, they perceived that he was speaking about them. 46And although they were seeking to arrest him, they feared the crowds, because they held him to be a prophet."

John 16: 13 is a description of the Work of the Holy Spirit of God on earth, not of Mohammad.

Did you know it is a sin according to the Bible, to take credit for the work of the Holy Spirit? That is the ultimate in Blasphemy.

I find Mohammad in none of your posted scriptures. What I did find is an attempt to take credit for the presence and works of the Holy Spirit of God. That does not sit well with me, nor I suspect for most other Christians.

v/r

Q

edit: by your own holy writ, why do you insist on disrespecting those that follow the "Book"? Why do you attempt to put stumbling stones before Christians, just to trump up your own faith? Because that is what you are doing.

Nusaybah said:
The quran was complete at the time of the prophet, so therefore it was entire. U many be referring to the collection of the quran in one sigle document which was done after the demise Of the Prophet. Though i don't know where you got the 200 years from. Thats not true at all. It was done a couple of decades after, not centuries!!

That isn't how historians or theological scholars see it.

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren,
like unto thee,
and I will put my words in his mouth;
and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." Deut.18:18.
Prophet Like Moses
To whom does this prophecy refer? Without the slightest hesitation you answered: "JESUS!" Why Jesus?... his name is not mentioned here Since prophecies are word-pictures of something that is going to happen in the future, we find that the wordings of this verse adequately describe him. You see the most important words of this prophecy are (like unto thee), - LIKE YOU - like Moses, and Jesus is like Moses. I question: In which way is Jesus like Moses?
In the first place Moses was a JEW and Jesus was also a JEW; secondly, Moses was a PROPHET and Jesus was also a PROPHET - therefore Jesus is like Moses and that is exactly what God had foretold Moses - .
If these are the only two criteria for discovering a candidate for this prophecy of Deuteronomy 18:18, then in that case the criteria could fit any one of the following Biblica l personages after Moses:- Solomon, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Malachi, John the Baptist etc., because they were also ALL Jews as well as Prophets. Why should we not apply this prophency to any one of these prophets, and why only to Jesus? Why should we make fish of one and fowl of anoth er?You see, my conclusions are that Jesus is most unlike Moses, and if I am wrong I would like you to correct me.
Three Unlikes
In the FIRST place Jesus is not like Moses, because, according to you - 'JESUS IS A GOD', but Moses is not God. Therefore, Jesus is not like Moses! SECONDLY, according to you - 'JESUS DIED FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD', .Therefore Jesus is not like Moses! THIRDLY, according to you - 'JESUS WENT TO HELL FOR THREE DAYS', but Moses did not have to go there. Therefore Jesus is not like Moses
Father and Mother
(1) Moses had a father and a mother. Muhummed also had a father and a mother. But Jesus had only a mother, and no human father.Therefore Jesus is not like Moses, but Muhummed is lik e Moses!
Miraculous Birth
(2) Moses and Muhummed were born in the normal, natural course, i.e. the physical association of man and woman; but Jesus was created by a special miracle. You will recall that we are told in the Gospel of St.Matthew 1:18.....BEFORE THEY CAME TOGETHER,(Joseph the Carpenter and Mary) SHE WAS FOUND WITH CHILD BY THE HOLY GHOST.' And St.Luke tells us that when the good news of the birth of a holy son was announded to her, Mary reasoned:'.......HOW SHALL THIS BE, SEEING I KNOW NOT A MAN? AND THE ANGEL ANSWERED AND SAID UNTO HER, THE HOLY GHOST SHALL COME UPON THEE, AND THE POWER OF THE HIGHEST SHALL OVERSHADOW THEE:......'(Luke 1:35). The Holy Qur'an confirms the miraculous birth of Jesus,
" O MY LORD! HOW SHALL I HAVE A SON WHEN NO MAN HATH TOUCHED ME? "
The angel says in reply:
"EVEN SO:
ALLAH CREATETH WHAT HE WILLETH:
WHEN HE HATH DECREED A PLAN,
HE BUT SAITH TO IT "BE,"
AND IT IS " (9) (HOLY QUR'AN, 3:47).
It is not necessary for God to plant a seed in man or animal. He merely wills it and it comes into being. This is the Muslim conception of the of birth of Jesus.
Marriage Ties
(3) Moses and Muhummed married and begat children, but Jesus remained a bachelor all his life.
Jesus Rejected by his People
(3) Moses and Muhummed were accepted as prophets by their people in their very lifetime. No doubt the Jews gave endless trouble to Moses and they murmured in the wilderness, but as a nation, they acknowledged that Moses was a Messenger of God sent to them. The Arabs too made Muhummed's life imposs ible. He suffered very badly at their hands. After 13 years of preaching in Mecca, he had to emigrate from the city of his birth. But before his demise, the Arab nation as a whole accepted him as the Messenger of Allah. But according to the Bible: 'He (Jesus) CAME UNTO HIS OWN, BUT HIS OWN RECEIVED HIM NOT.' (John 1:11). And even today, ofter two thousand years, his people- the Jews, as a whole, have rejeted him.
"THEREFORE JESUS IS NOT LIKE MOSES, BUT MUHUMMED IS LIKE MOSES."
"Other-Wordly" Kingdom
(5) "Moses and Muhummed were prophets as well as kings. A prophet means a man who receives Divine Revelation for the Guidance of Man and this Guidance he conveys to God's creatures as received without any addition or deletion. A king is a person who has the power of life and death over his people. It is immaterial whether the person wears a crown or not, or whether he was ever addressed as king or monarch: if the man has the prerogative of inflicting capital punishment - HE IS A KING. Moses possessed such a power. Do you remember the Israelite who was found picking up firewood on Sabbath Day , and Moses had him stoned to death? (Numbers- 15:13). There are other crimes also mentioned in the Bible for which capital punishment was inflicted on the Jews at the behest of Moses. Muhummed too, had the power of life and death over his people.Some of these holy men of God who were helpless in the face of stubborn rejection of their mesage, were the prophets lot, Jonah, Daniel, Ezra, and John the Baptist. They could only deliver the message, but could not enforce the Law. The Holy Prophet Jesus (Peace b.u.h) also belonged to this category. The Christian Gospel clearly confirms this: when Jesus was dragged before the Roman Governor, Pontius Pilate, Charged for sedition, Jesus made a convincing point in his defence to refute the false charg e: JESUS ANSWERED, "MY KINGDOM IS NOT OF THIS WORLD': IF MY KINGDOM WERE OF THIS WORLD, THEN WOULD MY SERVANTS FIGHT, THAT I SHOULD NOT BE DELIVERED TO THE JEWS; BUT NOW IS MY KINGDOM NOT FROM HENCE"(John 18:36) This convinced Pilate (A Pagan) that though Jesus might not be in full possessio n of his mental faculty, he did not strike him as being a danger to his rule. Jesus claimed a spiritual Kingdom only; in other words he only claimed to be a Prophet.
No New Laws
(6) Moses and Muhummed brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Moses not only gave the Ten Commandments to the Israelites, but a very comprehensive ceremonial law for the guidance of his people. Muhummed comes to a people steeped in barbarism and ignorance. They married their step-m others; they buried their daughters alive; drunkenness, adultery, idolatry, and gambling were the order of the day. Gibbon describe the Arabs before Islam in his Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, THE HUMAN BRUTE, ALMOST WITHOUT SENSE, IS POORLY DISTINGUISHED FROM THE REST OF THE ANIMAL CREATI ON.' There was hardly anything to distinguish between the "man" and the "animal" of the time; they were animals in human form.
From this abject barbarism, Muhummed elevated them, in the words of Thomas Carlysle, 'into torch-bearers of light and learning.' 'TO THE ARAB NATION IT WAS AS A BIRTH FROM DARKNESS INTO LIGHT. ARABIA FIRST BECAME ALIVE BY MEANS OF IT. A POOR SHEPHERD PEOPLE, ROAMING UNNOTICED IN ITS DESERTS SINCE THE CREATION OF THE WORLD. SEE, THE UNNOTICED BECOMES WORLD NOTABLE, THE SMALL HAS GROWN WORLD-GREAT. WITHIN ONE CENTURY AFTERWARDS ARABIA WAS AT GRANADA ON ONE HAND AND AT DELHI ON THE OTHER. GLANCING IN VALOUR AND SPLENDOUR, AND THE LIGHT OF GENIUS, ARABIA SHINES OVER A GREA SECTION OF THE WORLD. ...' The fact is that Muhummed gave his people a Law and Order they never had before.
As regards Jesus, when the Jews felt suspicious of him that he might be an imposter with designs to pervert their teachings, Jesus took pains to assure them that he had not come with a new religion - no new laws and no new regulations. I quote his own words: 'THINK NOT THAT IAM COME TO DESTROY THE LAW, OR THE PROPHETS: IAM NOT COME TO DESTROY, BUT TO FULFIL. FOR VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS, ONE JOT OR ONE TITLE SHALL IN NO WISE PASS FROM THE LAW, TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.'(Mathew 5:17-18). In other words he had not come with any new laws or regulation he came only to fulfil the old law. This what he gave the Jews to understand- unless he was speaking with the tongue in his cheek trying to bluff the Jews into accepting him as a man of God and by subterfuge trying to ram a new religion down their throats. No! This Messenger of God would never resort to such fo ul means to subvert the Religion of God. He himself fulfilled the laws. He observed the commandments of Moses, and he respected the Sabbath. At no time did a single Jew point a finger at him to say, 'why don't you fast' or 'why don't you wash your hands before you break bread',which charges they al wasy levied against his disciples, but never against Jesus. This is because as a good Jew he honoured the laws of the prophets who preceded him. In short, he had created no new religion and had brought no new law like Moses and Muhummed.
How they Departed
(7) "Both Moses and Muhummed died natural deaths, but according to Christianity, Jesus was violently killed on the cross.(10) : "Therefore Jesus is not like Moses but Muhummed is like Moses.
Heavenly Abode
(8) Moses and Muhummed both lie buried in earth, but according to you, Jesus in heaven. Therefore Jesus is not like Moses but Muhummed is like Moses.
Ishmael The First Born
The Prophecy is much more than this single phrase which reads as follows : "I WILL RAISE THEM UP A PROPHET FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN LIKE UNTO THEE... The emphasis is on the words- From among their brethren. Moses and his people, the Jews, are here addressed as a racial entity, and as such their 'brethren' would undoubtedly be the arabs. You see, the Holy Bible s peaks of Abraham as the "Friend of God". Abraham had two wives - Sarah and Hagar. Hagar bore Abraham a son - HIS FIRST-BORN- '......And Abraham(11) called HIS SON'S name, which Hagar bare Ishmael.' (Genesis 16:15). 'And Abraham took Ishmael HIS SON......" (Genesis 17:23). 'And Ishmael HIS SON was thirteen years old, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.'(Genesis 17:25). Up to the age of THIRTEEN Ishmael was the ONLY son and sed of Abraham, when the covenant was ratified between God and Abraham. God grants Abraham another son through Sarah, named Isaac, wh o was very much the junior to his brother Ishmael.
Arabs and Jews
If Ishmael and Isaac are the sons of the same father Abraham, then they are brothers. And so the children of the one are the BRETHREN of the children of the other. The children of Isaac are the Jews and the Children of Ishmael are the Arabs - so they are BRETHREN to one another. The Bible affirms, 'AND HE (ISHMAEL) SHALL DWELL IN THE PRESENCE OF ALL HIS BRETHREN.' (Genesis 16:12). 'AND HE (ISHMAEL) DIED IN THE PRESENCE OF ALL HIS BRETHREN.(Genesis 25:18). The children of Isaac are the brethren of the Ishmaelites. In like manner Muhummed is from among the brethren of the Israeli tes beause he was a descendant of Ishamel the son of Abraham. This exactly as the prophecy has it- 'FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN'.(Deut.18:18). There the prophecy distinctly mentions that the coming prophet who would be like Moses, must arise NOT from the 'children of Israel' or from 'among the mselves', but from among their brethren. MUHUMMED THEREFORE WAS FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN!

Words in the Mouth
The prophecy proceeds further:'.......AND I WILL PUT MY WORDS INTO HIS MOUTH.......' You see, if i asked you to open Deuteronomy chapter 18, verse 18, and if I had asked you to read, and if you had read: would I be putting my words into your mouth?No.But,If I were to teach you a language like Arabic about which you have no knowledge, and if I asked you to read or repeat after me what I utter i.e.:
"SAY: HE IS ALLAH THE ONE AND ONLY;
ALLAH, THE ETERNAL ABSOLUTE;
HE BEGETTETH NOT, NOR IS HE BEGOTTEN:
AND THERE IS NONE LIKE UNTO HIM.
(Holy Qur'an 112:1-4)( I read them in Arabic )
Would I not be putting these unheard words of a foreign tongue which you utter, into your mouth? In an identical manner, I said, the words of the Holy Qur'an, the Revelation vouchsafed by the Almighty God to Muhummed, were revealed.
History tells us that Muhummed was forty years of age. He was in a cave some three miles north of the City of Mecca. It was the 27th night of the Muslim month of Ramadaan. In the cave the Archangel Gabriel commands him in his mother tongue:'IQRA' which means READ! or PROCLAIM! or RECITE! Muhummed w as terrified and in his bewilderment replied that he was not NOT LEARNED! The angel commands him a second time with the same result. For the third time the angel continues.
Now Muhummed, grasps, that what was required of him was to repeat! to rehearse! And he repeats the words as they were put into his mouth:
"READ! IN THE NAME OF THE LORD AND CHERISHER, WHO CREATED-
CREATED MAN, FROM A (MERE) CLOT OF CONGEALED BLOOD:
READ! AND THY LORD IS MOST BOUNTIFUL,-
HE WHO TAUGHT (THE USE OF) THE PEN,
TAUGHT MAN THAT WHICH HE KNEW NOT".
(Holy Qur'an 96:1-5)
The Faithful Witness
Immediately the angel had departed, Muhummed rushed to his home. Terrified and sweating all over he asked his beloved wife Khadija to 'cover him up!' He lay down, and she watched by him. When he had regained his composure, he explained to her what he had seen and heard. She assured him of her faith in him and that Allah would not allow any terrible thing to happen to him. Are these the confessions of an imposter? Would imposters confess that when an angel of the Lord confronts them with a Message from on High, they get fear-stricken, terrified, and sweating all over, run home to their wives? Any critic can see that his reactions and confessions are that of an honest, sincere man, the man of Truth- 'AL-AMIN' - THE Honest, the Upright, the Truthful. During the next twenty-three years of his prophetic life, words were 'Put into his mouth', and he uttered them. They made an indeliable imp ression on his heart and mind: and as the volume of the Sacred Scripture (Holy Qur'an) grew, they were recorded on palm-leaf libre, on skins and on the shoulder-blades of animals; and in the hearts of his devoted disciples. Before his demise these words were arranged according to his instructions i n the order in which we find them to-day in the Holy Qurann.
The words (revelation) were actually put into his mouth, exactly as foretold in the prophecy under discusiion: 'AND I WILL PUT MY WORDS IN HIS MOUTH.'(Deut. 18:18).
Un-lettered Prophet
Muhummed's experience in the cave of Hira, later to be known as Jabal-un Noor - The Mountain of Light, and his response to that first Revelation is the exact fulfilment of another Biblical Prophecy. In the Book of Isaish. Chapter 29, verse 12, we read: "AND THE BOOK" (al-Kitaab,al-Quran the 'Readin g', the 'Recitation') "IS DELIVERED TO HIM THAT IS NOT LEARNED," (Isaiah 29:12) "THE UNLETTERED PROPHET " (Holy Qur'an 7:158) and the biblical verse continues : "SAYING, READ THIS, I PRAY THEE:" (the words "I pray thee", are not in the Hebrew manuscripts; compare with the Roman Cathol ics' "Douay Version and also with the "Revised Standard Versions") "AND HE SAITH, I AM NOT LEARNED." ("I am not learned." is the exact translation of the Arabic words which Muhummed uttered twice to the Holy Ghose - the Archangel Gabriel, when he was commanded : "READ!").
Let me quote the verse in full without a break as found in the "King James Version," or the "Authorised version" as it is more popularly know "AND THE BOOK IS DELIVERED TO HIM THAT IS NOT LEARNED, SAYING, READ THIS I PRAY THEE: AND HE SAITH, I AM NOT LEARNED." (Isaiah 29:12).
Important note :
It may be noted that there were no Arabic Bibles(12) in existence in the 6th Century of the Christian Era when Muhummed lived and preachedl Besides, he was absolutely unlettered and unlearned. No human had ever taught him a word. His teacher was his Creator:
"HE DOES NOT SPEAK (AUGHT), OF (HIS OWN) DESIRE:
IT IS NO LESS THAN INSPIRATION SENT DOWN TO HIM:
HE WAS TAUGHT BY ONE MIGHTY IN POWER,"
(Holy Qur'an 53:3-5).
Without any human learning, 'he put to shame the wisdom of the learned'.
"See, how the prophecies fit Muhummed like a glove. We do not have to stretch prophecies to justify their fulfilment in Muhummed."
"Miracle of Miracles! in the verse 19 of Deuteronomy chapter 18, we have a further fulfilment of the prophecy in Muhummed! Note the words-'.....MY WORDS WHICH HE SHALL SPEAK IN MY NAME," In whose name is Muhummed speaking?" if you open any translation of the Holy Qur'an, at chapter 114- 'Sura Nas', or Mankind - the last chapter, there is a formula at the head of the charpter: and the meaning: "IN THE NAME OF GOD, MOST GRACIOUS, MOST MERCIFUL." And the heading of chapter 113: and the meaning: "IN THE NAME OF GOD, MOST GRACIOUS, MOST MERCIFUL". And every chapter downwards 112 , 111, 110.......was the same formula and the same meaning on every page, because the end SURAS (chapters) are short and take about a page each.
"And what did the prophecy demand?' ......WHICH HE SHALL SPEAK IN MY NAME and in whose name does Muhummed speak?'IN THE NAME OF GOD, MOST GRACIOUS MOST MERCIFUL.' The Prophecy is being fulfilled in Muhummed to the letter "Every chapter of the Holy Qur'an except the 9th begin with the formula: IN TH E NAME OF GOD, MOST GRACIOUS, MOST MERCIFUL.' The Muslim begins his every lawful act with the Holy formula. But the Christian begins: "In the name of the Father, son and holy ghost.'"(13)
Concerning Deuteronomy chapter eighteen, I have given you more than 15 reasons as to how this prophecy refers to Muhummed and NOT to Jesus.

Isaiah 29 is a chapter of announcing punishment on Israel.

3 I will encamp against you all around;
I will encircle you with towers
and set up my siege works against you.
4 Brought low, you will speak from the ground;
your speech will mumble out of the dust.
Your voice will come ghostlike from the earth;
out of the dust your speech will whisper.

and as part of the punishment we read that God will also take away the ability to read (understand) the holy word because they have disobeyed it for so long. In particular, verse 10 states clearly that the prophets and seers themselves will be put to sleep and no longer receive revelation from the LORD.

9 Be stunned and amazed, blind yourselves and be sightless;
be drunk, but not from wine, stagger, but not from beer.
10 The LORD has brought over you a deep sleep:
He has sealed your eyes, the prophets;
he has covered your heads, the seers.
11 For you this whole vision is nothing but words sealed in a scroll.
And if you give the scroll to someone who can read, and say to him,
"Read this, please," he will answer, "I can't; it is sealed."
12 Or if you give the scroll to someone who cannot read, and say,
"Read this, please," he will answer, "I don't know how to read."
13 The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men.

Nusaybah said:
"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren,
like unto thee,
and I will put my words in his mouth;
and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." Deut.18:18.
Prophet Like Moses
To whom does this prophecy refer? Without the slightest hesitation you answered: "JESUS!" Why Jesus?... his name is not mentioned here Since prophecies are word-pictures of something that is going to happen in the future, we find that the wordings of this verse adequately describe him. You see the most important words of this prophecy are (like unto thee), - LIKE YOU - like Moses, and Jesus is like Moses. I question: In which way is Jesus like Moses?

Jesus was never mentioned.

Let us look at what Deut: 18 says:

18 "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

Now let us look at 19 "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him."

Now 20 "But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die."

Finally 21,22 "And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."

That in and of itself points out Mohammad is not the prophet spoken of by God to the tribe of Levi. Nothing he said came to pass.

However, let us look at the Quran for conformation:

Sura 28:48 "But when the truth has come to them from Us, they say: Why is he not given the like of what was given to Musa? (Moses) What! did they not disbelieve in what Musa was given before? They say: Two magicians backing each other, and they say: Surely we are unbeliever(s) in all."

Sura 28:49 "Say: Then bring some book from Allah which is a better guide than both of them, I may follow it, if you are truthful."

As for the greatness of the prophethood of Mohammad, let us consider his greatest prophecy:

Sura 30: 2 "The Romans are vanquished. (3) In a near land, and they , after being vanquished, shall overcome, (4) within a few years. Allah's is the command before and after, and on that day the believers shall rejoice.

When, where, why, how, who, what? Nothing is answered.

Mohammad performed no miracles.

Even Moses performed miracles that are still talked about today. Even though we understand how such miracles could scientifically occur, the fact that Moses was at the right place at the exact right moment to manifest those miracles is stunning. Such as the parting of the Red Sea (Reed Sea), and bringing water from a face cliff...

Jesus performed so many miracles it would take too much band width to list them all.

Jesus never killed another Human being, ever. Even when they didn't believe in Him, He left them alone.

Now let us look at Jesus as being like unto Moses:

Moses propheized. So did Jesus. Jesus made one prophecy that the whole world has seen but still refuses to believe...the re-establishment of a Nation of Israel. So many excuses as to why and what Israel is, but the fact remains, Israel exists once again in the world, in the same land they originally lived in almost 2000 years ago. And their blood line is intact (as a people). Unpresedented in the world history...

Jesus not only met the prerequisites of prophet like Moses, He exceeded them abundantly.

Unless you are about to go against your own holy book, and ignore the other followers of the "Book", you can not in good conscience call the Bible a lie...

Islam doesn't dispell Christian thought persee, it simply doesn't expound upon the issues Christianity considers important. But you can't come in here to the Christian forum and state Christians are washed up and in error. You go against your own scriptural mandates...:eek:

Come ask questions...don't try to belittle Christ and Christ's followers into submitting to Islam, as the only true way. That is called Prosyletising...a death sentence to anyone convicted in most Muslim countries...:eek: ;)

v/r

Q

Prince said:
One more thing to add, in the bible, it is mentioned that every prophet that will come after Jesus is fake.

Jesus was God on earth. In his life, he showed the people right from wrong, light from darkness.
Prince

Where exactly is that mentioned in the Bible sir? There is a verse in one of the Gospels, if I recall correctly where Jesus said that believe not every Prophet that comes unto thee but believe him who professes that Jesus is the Christ. Open the Qur'an and the Sayings of the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. ...you will see that Jesus in the house of Islam is regarded as the Masih(Mechiek, Messiah) i.e. Christ. It is a fact that no other non-Christian religion figure regards Jesus as the Christ save Muhammad s.a.w. If you truly believe in the teachings of Christ Jesus, you have no excuse not to accept the Prophet of Islam i.e. Muhammad s.a.w. as he professes that Jesus is the Christ and Jesus said according to your scripture to accept those who do proclaim him as the Christ.

Jesus was God on earth? Could you please show me a verse from any of the Gospels where he made such a contention?
I'll give you two verses that insha'Allah will debunk your fallacious statement. In John 20:17, Jesus said,"..I am returning to MY Father and YOUR Father, to MY God and YOUR God."
Note the emphasised words...

And Peter in his acts said,"Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a MAN chosen BY GOD to you..."(Acts 2:22)
note that he was a MAN chosen by whom? BY GOD.....

Quahom1 said:
There is no reference to Mohhamad at all. In fact, he was 600 years after the fact (two hundred years after the first offical "bible" was published. The Islamic version of scripture didn't come around until circa 732 A.D. (C.E.) Mohammad is never mentioned by name, nor by nationality, nor geographical area in the Bible. Nor is his time on earth ever mentioned.

v/r

Q

Actually there are quite a number of references to the advent of Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. in the Bible quohom. The most glaring would be in the Songs of Solomon, Chapter 5, verse 16. Where it says "His mouth is sweetness itself; he is altogether lovely. This is my lover, this my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."
Hmm...you might be wondering....where is it that Muhammad s.a.w. is mentioned in that verse??? I tell you, you will never figure out in a million years unless you refer back to the Hebrew text.....note the emphasised phrase in the verse...the authors of the Bible has blatantly translated Muhammad's name into English, of course that's precisely one of the meanings of Muhammad. Anyway let's refer to the Hebrew text shall we?
Here it is:
mchmd.gif

And here's a transliteration of the verse,
"Hikow mamtaqiym wkulow muhamadiym zeh dowdiy wzeh ree`iy bnowt yruushaalaaim."

Can you see it now? lol....you see the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w is mentioned explicitly, by name in the Bible...the iym by the way is a form of plural in Hebrew and it's a plural of royalty or respect...for example Elohim..the root is actually Eloh..im denotes a plurality of respect.
In Addition, if you analyse the description provided in this particular chapter of the Songs of Solomon and compare them with the description of the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w you will see that it goes along perfectly....in verse 15 for instance it says he is a chiefest of ten thousand....no Prophet of the Bible is ever regarded as a chief of 10 thousand nor do any one of them had an occassion where they led 10 thousand people...this fits the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w when He accompanied by exactly 10 thousand followers marched unto Mecca and concquered it without a drop of blood.

Here's another example where the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w is foretold:
Jesus according to the Bible said," Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I go not away, the Paraclete(Comforter) will not come to you; but if I depart I will send him to you."(John 16:7)
Another name of Prophet Muhammad s.a.w is Ahmad and this is mentioned in the Qur'an where Jesus foretells the coming of Ahmad..and Ahmad when translated correctly means Comforter and Helper. Christians say that this comforter is the Holy Spirit..but is it really? look at the verse again and read it carefully..Jesus said it is EXPEDIENT for me to go away, if I go NOT AWAY the Comforter will not come to you...the departure of Jesus from the earth is conditional for the coming of the Comforter....the problem with saying that the Comforter is the Holy Spirit is that even before Jesus walked on earth the Holy SPirit had already according to the Bible inspired and comforted certain individuals, Mary(not Jesus' mother) for instance was filled with the Holy Spirit before the coming of Jesus, and during Jesus' mission he sent his disciples to preach the good news, they preached and healed according to the Bible with the assistance of the Holy Spirit....the verse if I may remind you again makes it conditional for Jesus to go away before the Comforter can actually come...so brothers and sisters...the verse is not speaking of some indivisible Spirit but rather of Muhammad s.a.w.

Also refer to verses 12 and 13 of the same Chapter...it foretells the coming of the Spirit of Truth....Christian contend that the verse is speaking about the Holy Spirit...but if you truly analyse the verse you will see that it does not.
Read verse 13, and place some emphasis on the masculine pronoun of He and His, there are 7 all together...this is an amazing situation as no other verse contains such a thing where it speaks of a person and that person is given 7 masculine pronouns. You must agree that these ill befit a spook, a ghost or a spirit. Jesus was speaking about a man, a man, a man...and not about some Holy Spirit. Further more, the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w is well known for his title as the Al-Ameen...given by both companion and enemy alike..it means the truthworthy, the truthful...Muhammad s.a.w is the Spirit of Truth.

So there you go...the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w is mentioned in the Holy Bible..if you care to look without a biased eye.

Quahom1 said:

v/r

Q

Actually there are quite a number of references to the advent of Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. in the Bible quohom. The most glaring would be in the Songs of Solomon, Chapter 5, verse 16. Where it says "His mouth is sweetness itself; he is altogether lovely. This is my lover, this my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."
Hmm...you might be wondering....where is it that Muhammad s.a.w. is mentioned in that verse??? I tell you, you will never figure out in a million years unless you refer back to the Hebrew text.....note the emphasised phrase in the verse...the authors of the Bible has blatantly translated Muhammad's name into English, of course that's precisely one of the meanings of Muhammad. Anyway let's refer to the Hebrew text shall we?
Here it is:
mchmd.gif

And here's a transliteration of the verse,
"Hikow mamtaqiym wkulow muhamadiym zeh dowdiy wzeh ree`iy bnowt yruushaalaaim."

Can you see it now? lol....you see the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w is mentioned explicitly, by name in the Bible...the iym by the way is a form of plural in Hebrew and it's a plural of royalty or respect...for example Elohim..the root is actually Eloh..im denotes a plurality of respect.
In Addition, if you analyse the description provided in this particular chapter of the Songs of Solomon and compare them with the description of the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w you will see that it goes along perfectly....in verse 15 for instance it says he is a chiefest of ten thousand....no Prophet of the Bible is ever regarded as a chief of 10 thousand nor do any one of them had an occassion where they led 10 thousand people...this fits the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w when He accompanied by exactly 10 thousand followers marched unto Mecca and concquered it without a drop of blood.

Here's another example where the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w is foretold:
Jesus according to the Bible said," Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I go not away, the Paraclete(Comforter) will not come to you; but if I depart I will send him to you."(John 16:7)
Another name of Prophet Muhammad s.a.w is Ahmad and this is mentioned in the Qur'an where Jesus foretells the coming of Ahmad..and Ahmad when translated correctly means Comforter and Helper. Christians say that this comforter is the Holy Spirit..but is it really? look at the verse again and read it carefully..Jesus said it is EXPEDIENT for me to go away, if I go NOT AWAY the Comforter will not come to you...the departure of Jesus from the earth is conditional for the coming of the Comforter....the problem with saying that the Comforter is the Holy Spirit is that even before Jesus walked on earth the Holy SPirit had already according to the Bible inspired and comforted certain individuals, Mary(not Jesus' mother) for instance was filled with the Holy Spirit before the coming of Jesus, and during Jesus' mission he sent his disciples to preach the good news, they preached and healed according to the Bible with the assistance of the Holy Spirit....the verse if I may remind you again makes it conditional for Jesus to go away before the Comforter can actually come...so brothers and sisters...the verse is not speaking of some indivisible Spirit but rather of Muhammad s.a.w.

Also refer to verses 12 and 13 of the same Chapter...it foretells the coming of the Spirit of Truth....Christian contend that the verse is speaking about the Holy Spirit...but if you truly analyse the verse you will see that it does not.
Read verse 13, and place some emphasis on the masculine pronoun of He and His, there are 7 all together...this is an amazing situation as no other verse contains such a thing where it speaks of a person and that person is given 7 masculine pronouns. You must agree that these ill befit a spook, a ghost or a spirit. Jesus was speaking about a man, a man, a man...and not about some Holy Spirit. Further more, the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w is well known for his title as the Al-Ameen...given by both companion and enemy alike..it means the truthworthy, the truthful...Muhammad s.a.w is the Spirit of Truth.

So there you go...the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w is mentioned in the Holy Bible..if you care to look without a biased eye.

Quahom1 said:
While I reveiw the scriptures you posted (I am very curious), I note that the Bible, means "Biblia" or composition of many books (a library). While Mohommad's Quran was not written in its entirety until two hundred years after him, the argument could the same (concerning its authenticity).

However, unlike the Quran, half the Bible was already in existence prior to the arrival of Jesus...about 1400 years before, down to 200 years before (depending upon which book we are talking about). The first two Gospels and several Epistles were written 30 to 75 years after Jesus. The Coptics and Ethiopians had "whole Bibles" within 100 years.

What you are referring to is the "official version" as decreed by a psuedo political/religious organization that decided to make Christianity "officially the state religion" of an area.

v/r

Q

lol Quahom.....sir...actually the word Bible is taken from the Greek, Biblios not Biblia...Muhammad's Qur'an? could you please have a little respect here sir?..you wouldn't want me to start berating the Bible now...The Qur'an was "written in its entirety" 200 years after the time of Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.??..I think you've confused yourself between the Ahadith and the Qur'an...the Ahadith is said to have been written 200 years after the time of Muhammad s.a.w. by certain quarters(detractors of Islam). This is nothing but ignorance of the highest order. The earliest writing of the Ahadith goes back right to the lifetime of Rasulullah s.a.w. Abdullah bin 'Amar compiled the Hadith during the Prophet's time and it is known as the As-Sahifah As-Sadiqah. What about the Qur'an? Excerpts of the Qur'an was written even during the time of the Prophet s.a.w. quahom. They were written on pieces of wood, bark, bones, leather etc. etc. Many still exist and are preserved at the Topaki Museum in Istanbul.....Hafsah for instance had copies of the Qur'an as well. The Qur'an as we know it today was compiled into one volume at the time of Khalifah Utham bin Affan r.a. the second Caliph of Islam, and one of the closest companions of the Prophet s.a.w. He along with the help of many huffaz under the direction of Zaid bin Thabit, also one of the closest companions of the Prophet s.a.w produced 5 copies of the Qur'an and sent it to the different territories of the Muslim lands. It is called the Uthmani Suhuf, and one still exists and is also kept and preserved and exhibited at the Topkapi Museum in Istanbul.

Half of the Bible already existed prior to the coming of Jesus a.s.? You're talking about the OT I take it?....it actually constitutes more than half of the Bible if you haven't realised. the NT is dwarved by comparison...

yes conservative dating says that the two Gospels do date back to the first century after Jesus' departure along with a few epistles..this view went unchallenged until the emergence of rationalism in the 17th century....scholars are still debating on the dates quahom....and the problem that's compounding you and them is that you do not have solid evidence as in original copies of the Gospel of Mark for instance which is said to be the oldest Gospel....these are nothing more than conjecture...where is the fossil?....you do realise that even the so called unified canon of Constatine is lost right? only portions of it still exist...also the fact that the Catholics have 73 books and the Protestants reject the 7 so called apocryphical books is evidence enough that the Bible is beyond corruption. Do remember that Catholicism predates Protestanism by more than a thousand years....the textual reliability of the Bible is ever questionable....

Quahom1 said:
Mohammad performed no miracles.

Even Moses performed miracles that are still talked about today. Even though we understand how such miracles could scientifically occur, the fact that Moses was at the right place at the exact right moment to manifest those miracles is stunning. Such as the parting of the Red Sea (Reed Sea), and bringing water from a face cliff...

Jesus performed so many miracles it would take too much band width to list them all.

v/r

Q

Christians always love to talk about miracles and would have us all swallow them. First of all we have no problem in accepting that the Prophets namely Moses a.s., Jesus a.s. etc. performed many mighty miracles....but they did them by the approval of God, nothing more..refer to acts 2:22...it was God who did the miracles Jesus performed....anyway you will very very rarely hear Muslims speak of the miracles of Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. though he performed more than 300 as recorded in the ahadith but you will always hear Muslims speak and discuss about the Qur'an....you know why that is? It is because the Qur'an as is regarded by Muslims is the miracle of miracles, it is the standing miracle of Muhammad s.a.w. which God did by him. Why talk about miracles long extinct and unconfirmable when you can talk about a living miracle ever standing to be tested and confirmed as such?...the eloquence of the Qur'an for instance is unimaginable...you will never ever truly be able to appreciate the beauty and perfectness of the Qur'an unless you know Arabic, the language it was revealed in and is the official language of Islam and through it Muslims are united in one brotherhood of faith regardless of our petty differences in politics and such. Look at Mecca in the time of Hajj, all clad in white be they king or peasant and all speak in one uniformed tongue..it is the epitome of unity.

Further more, Jesus did warn you in the Bible to be wary of false prophets. He said and I quote," For there shall arise many false prophets who will do many mighty signs and wonders, if it was possible to fool the very elect." Even the disciples of Jesus could have been fooled. It is written large throughout the NT where Jesus continuously address them as and I quote,"Oh Ye of little faith". Even false prophets can perform miracles!....if even false prophets can perform miracles that can even fool the disciples of Jesus, is it truly a realiable measurement or test today to verify the authenticity of the Prophets?

Personally I don't believe tha miracles are a true indicator of prophethood, Pharoahs servants were permitted to perform the miracle of turining their staffs into snakes.

The true indicator from a BIBLICAL point of view is a prophecy that COMES TRUE and is spoken in the name of YAHWEH.

See this post for the Deuteronomy 18:18 issue:

http://www.comparative-religion.com/forum/comparative-studies/the-earlier-jews-and-christians-recognize-prophet-muhammad-and-expect-his-coming-1969-5.html#post65115

Regards.

Back