A naturalistic spirituality?

What is matter :p ...

Sorry, I'm not being rude ... it's just there's a long way to go before we can approach that question.
The table on which your computer or laptop sits right now. And what is energy? That which lets your computer work. What is a spirit? Or God? Any proof? Evidence?

Thanks for assuring me that you are not being rude like many other theists, that it is only a civil discussion for knowledge in the spirit of the invocation in 'katha Upanishad':

"Saha naavavatu, sahanau bhunaktu;
saha veeryam karavaavahai;
Tejasvi naavadheetamastu;
maa vidvishaavahai.
Om shantih shantih shantih."

May Lord protect us both, nurture us both; may our action together be strong;
may our study be invigorating, may we never have hatred for each other.
Let there be three fold peace (for you, for me, and for all others)

I do understand your point-of-view, skinker. However, that does mean that the connexions you make on your site make sense to me. Not because they are glaring contradictions to my view of reality but because I see them only as possible explanations, not truth.

If I may, I would like to suggest that the discourse over the last several pages is a good example of how we often do not appreciate with humility how little we really know, and perhaps more importantly, that speculations on metaphysical cosmology are not actually the same as spirituality or spiritual practice, but can instead be an ego-driven distraction, as I explain in more detail here:

Distractions to Spiritual Practice, Pt 1 | The Spiritual Naturalist Society

wishing you all peace and love,
-Daniel

For everyone who argued against what I said, I was speaking from MY OWN PERSONAL VIEWS.

Nature is Beautiful and holy and sacred TO ME and that wont change if your perception is different. Now, my spirituality is personal to me and it works for me and it probably wouldnt work for too many people around me.

Take Witches who I would tell I am Naturalistic, most would have a shit fit because I do not believe in The Goddess as a literal deity, Take Satanists who would say that because I am a man, I am a Warlock and not a Witch and I am spiritual and we are carnal on the left hand path.

I refuse to be caught up in that bullcrap.

I am a Satanic Witch. Nothing said here or anywhere else will change that for me, only my own explorations and experiences could change that and so far they have continued to bring me into both Paths and I am quite comfortable here.

Now, I am in contact with some well known Witches and also some well known Satanists who know my position and do not care, they are able to see past the label to who I am and what I have to offer and for those people and my close friends and family I will associate and discuss and debate but here I will not, i only put my 2 cents in to share a different perspective and I can see that its just another chance for people to pick at and debate.

so, I bid you farewell.

You can respond or not to this post, I wont see it so I dont really care.

Wow, that was weird, I could only see that Etu and Thomas answered Irishwaterz, and I thought they both had some good feed back on what they thought. I wonder what triggered such a strong reaction.

LOL . . . feet stamping, hissy fits will get you nowhere in this life . . . oh warlock satanic witch dude!

Wow, that was weird, I could only see that Etu and Thomas answered Irishwaterz, and I thought they both had some good feed back on what they thought. I wonder what triggered such a strong reaction.

What comes out of someone most often has more to do with what is inside of them than what goes around outside of them...

Agreed, I see that as a source of much of the confusion on this forum for example.

LOL . . . feet stamping, hissy fits will get you nowhere in this life . . . oh warlock satanic witch dude!

Your perception continues but it does not change my position or beliefs.

What comes out of someone most often has more to do with what is inside of them than what goes around outside of them...

What is around me is a need for peace and a strong conviction that i am in the right place for me, which means I do not wish to argue back and forth like petty little children, as you can see from ETU who has attempted to provoke me by attacking me personally. . :)

So I need to know how to remove this site from my emails because I am still receiving notifications that posts are being made here and i wish them to stop, thanks!

What is around me is a need for peace and a strong conviction that i am in the right place for me, which means I do not wish to argue back and forth like petty little children, as you can see from ETU who has attempted to provoke me by attacking me personally. . :)

So I need to know how to remove this site from my emails because I am still receiving notifications that posts are being made here and i wish them to stop, thanks!
At the top of the thread page, in the header towards the right side, there's a drop down box labelled "Thread Tools." Click on that, then on "Unsubscribe from this thread."

I wish you well, Irishwaterz. :)

At the top of the thread page, in the header towards the right side, there's a drop down box labelled "Thread Tools." Click on that, then on "Unsubscribe from this thread."

I wish you well, Irishwaterz. :)
If that doesn't work, you can click on "User CP" on menu bar near the top of the page, and unsubscribe from any threads there that you wish to unsubscribe to.

Yeah, it's called Truth

And a thin-skinned Satanist Warlock at that!

Forget it dude . . . The Temple of the Black Flame has your IP address already and they are moving in on you as I type! :D

If I may, I would like to suggest that the discourse over the last several pages is a good example of how we often do not appreciate with humility how little we really know, and perhaps more importantly, that speculations on metaphysical cosmology are not actually the same as spirituality or spiritual practice, but can instead be an ego-driven distraction, as I explain in more detail here:

Distractions to Spiritual Practice, Pt 1 | The Spiritual Naturalist Society

wishing you all peace and love,
-Daniel
From your article:
a core purpose of spiritual practice: cultivating, with applied practices, wisdom and a character that is more capable of flourishing. That is, addressing fear, anger, and greed; compassion for all beings and an inner happiness not dependent on the whims of external circumstance.

<...>

One of the significant and profound ‘advancements’ (or re-discoveries, rather) made by Spiritual Naturalism today is the divorcing, or disentanglement, of spirituality from cosmological claims. If we are to reunite the sacred with the natural, then one of the requirements in this effort is to let go of the need to have our spirituality make claims about ultimate reality.​

I see that you, too, are interested in cultivating subjective happiness independent of external, objective circumstances. ;)

seattlegal is very mysterious, but reliable. She can find any piece of information for you, but choose not to have a opinion about anything.

seattlegal is very mysterious, but reliable.
Thank you. :)
She can find any piece of information for you,
Oh, I wish!
but choose not to have a opinion about anything.
I try not to be biased, but I do have opinions, some of them rather strong.
Regarding "naturalistic," it would depend upon how you define it. I've seen and experienced a heck of a lot of weird stuff, and have heard about even more. **shrugs**

Back