The Return of an unfamiliar Jesus?

Quahom1 said:
He is one and the same. If you look close at the original "Avatar" it is a play on a movie "I of Brian". :eek: ;) Humor is not lacking here at CR...:D

It appears that one of them ("Brian"), lives at Yorkshire, England. The other ("I, Brian"), appears to live at Stirling, Scotland . . . Yet both have "Administrator" under their avatars. Same person, two different places of residence?:confused: Just wondering if one is really an alias for the other . . .

Maybe Jesus has already come back. He did say, Inasmuch as you have done it to the least of these my brothers, you have done it to me.

Worrying about the end of the world, etc, is idle speculation, when we know that the world is going to end for each of us in a few years.

Saltmeister said:
It appears that one of them ("Brian"), lives at Yorkshire, England. The other ("I, Brian"), appears to live at Stirling, Scotland . . . Yet both have "Administrator" under their avatars. Same person, two different places of residence?:confused: Just wondering if one is really an alias for the other . . .

No, Brian abandonned the first account and created the second account. But since he posted in the beginning on the first account he left it in place. Brian moved from Yorkshire to Stirling earlier this year...;)

v/r

Q

Jeannot said:
Maybe Jesus has already come back. He did say, Inasmuch as you have done it to the least of these my brothers, you have done it to me.

Worrying about the end of the world, etc, is idle speculation, when we know that the world is going to end for each of us in a few years.

Only this phase of the world as we know it. I do believe there is a new beginning after this one ends (for us personally).

my thoughts

v/r

Q

Jeannot said:

Jesus has already come into kingdom power , his presence in kingdom power is happening right now ,it is an extended period of time , but his heavenly kingdom goverment is in the heavens so it is invisible to us . but he is waiting for the command from his father Jehovah to go into action . its all happening in this time of the end........ this system of things will come to its end ,and Gods heavenly kingdom goverment will have full control soon

mee said:
Jesus has already come into kingdom power , his presence in kingdom power is happening right now ,it is an extended period of time , but his heavenly kingdom goverment is in the heavens so it is invisible to us . but he is waiting for the command from his father Jehovah to go into action . its all happening in this time of the end........ this system of things will come to its end ,and Gods heavenly kingdom goverment will have full control soon

God already has control over all the governments of the earth. He after all allows them to be in existence (according to the Bible). In fact, "Jehovah" turned over creation of the whole universe to the "Word" in the very beginning. Jehovah did not create Life, Logos did. Genesis and John make that quite clear.

v/r

Q

I said:
I'm going to repeat the question:
Assuming that we do expect a Messianic return, what will Jesus actually represent in terms of teachings and meaning?

:)
Jesus said:
John 13:34"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

(little story then a connection) I was building a 13 story building once, which would eventually block the gorgeous view of the United States Capitiol Building from a federal judiciary building. So hundreds of lawyers in hundreds of windows were steadily watching our construction from birds eye views, all while seeing their prestigious window office view being taken away from them. So what did the good lawyers do to satisfy their needs for some sort of vengence? They called OSHA, and called OSHA and called OSHA...with complaints of us doing work in hazardous manner.

(I'm getting there) Well OSHA doesn't like to come out and make inspections unless there is concrete pouring, electricians wiring, plumbers plumbing, precast swinging, glazers glazing...hundreds of men and thousands of opportunities to teach us lessons...so they had no interest in inspecting our job when we were only on the 3, 5, or 7th floor...but he had to appease the lawyers so he sneaked out and looked. Didn't see anything worth harping about and moved on.

(soon) So while we are finally pouring the twelth floor and stuff is going full blast on all floors below (including the 5 underground) we get our inspection, and he tells us about all the trips he made before unannounced, when it was rumored that we were in need of inspection but he didn't see it as such...

(Ok so)....what I'm thinking....What if Jesus has been here and gone many times...walked with us, talked with us, and decided to let us continue on our journey...has faith that we will work it out and eventually get it right. Yeah, the inspector says, they are making some mistakes, but nothing dramatic...they'll be fine...I'll come back later....

Oh so when our inspector did get there at the appointed time, over 300 men on the job, he found some violations, nothing major, we corrected them all and got a clean bill of health and a pat on the back, job well done...despite what the lawyers thought, that our time was now.

It all makes me wonder.... who are we, are we the worker bees trying to get the job done? are we the managers trying to insure we all do it safely? are we the apprentices, learning from the masters? Or are we the lawyers, afraid we are going to lose what we've got, and try to tell others they are doing wrong?

Seems to me, the inspector knows best, and despite all the rhetoric, he'll be here when the times right...we just need to keep buildin and just maybe he's workin with us right now.

wil said:
(little story then a connection) I was building a 13 story building once, which would eventually block the gorgeous view of the United States Capitiol Building from a federal judiciary building. So hundreds of lawyers in hundreds of windows were steadily watching our construction from birds eye views, all while seeing their prestigious window office view being taken away from them. So what did the good lawyers do to satisfy their needs for some sort of vengence? They called OSHA, and called OSHA and called OSHA...with complaints of us doing work in hazardous manner.

(I'm getting there) Well OSHA doesn't like to come out and make inspections unless there is concrete pouring, electricians wiring, plumbers plumbing, precast swinging, glazers glazing...hundreds of men and thousands of opportunities to teach us lessons...so they had no interest in inspecting our job when we were only on the 3, 5, or 7th floor...but he had to appease the lawyers so he sneaked out and looked. Didn't see anything worth harping about and moved on.

(soon) So while we are finally pouring the twelth floor and stuff is going full blast on all floors below (including the 5 underground) we get our inspection, and he tells us about all the trips he made before unannounced, when it was rumored that we were in need of inspection but he didn't see it as such...

(Ok so)....what I'm thinking....What if Jesus has been here and gone many times...walked with us, talked with us, and decided to let us continue on our journey...has faith that we will work it out and eventually get it right. Yeah, the inspector says, they are making some mistakes, but nothing dramatic...they'll be fine...I'll come back later....

Oh so when our inspector did get there at the appointed time, over 300 men on the job, he found some violations, nothing major, we corrected them all and got a clean bill of health and a pat on the back, job well done...despite what the lawyers thought, that our time was now.

It all makes me wonder.... who are we, are we the worker bees trying to get the job done? are we the managers trying to insure we all do it safely? are we the apprentices, learning from the masters? Or are we the lawyers, afraid we are going to lose what we've got, and try to tell others they are doing wrong?

Seems to me, the inspector knows best, and despite all the rhetoric, he'll be here when the times right...we just need to keep buildin and just maybe he's workin with us right now.

Naw, the Foreman on your job saw the Inspector coming for miles...he just kept it quiet and dealt with him in an even handed and transparent manner. Lawyers can't do anything to anyone that is transparent in their actions...and Inspectors love transparency, makes their job so much easier. :D

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
Naw, the Foreman on your job saw the Inspector coming for miles...he just kept it quiet and dealt with him in an even handed and transparent manner. Lawyers can't do anything to anyone that is transparent in their actions...and Inspectors love transparency, makes their job so much easier. :D

v/r

Q

Hi Q, I see an ocean of meaning in that response. There's got to be a personality test in there somewhere: are you a Lawyer, an Inspector, or a Foreman?

cheers,
luna

lunamoth said:
Hi Q, I see an ocean of meaning in that response. There's got to be a personality test in there somewhere: are you a Lawyer, an Inspector, or a Foreman?

cheers,
luna

Well, let's see. My Pop is the "Attorney at Law", (I've got the BS in Criminal Justice, not to be mistaken for having "BS" in general :cool: ), I was the "foreman" of the Repair Division in my various shops, and now I'm the "inspector" that comes to call at the most inopportune moments...guess that covers all bases. :eek: ;)

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
God already has control over all the governments of the earth. He after all allows them to be in existence (according to the Bible). In fact, "Jehovah" turned over creation of the whole universe to the "Word" in the very beginning. Jehovah did not create Life, Logos did. Genesis and John make that quite clear.

v/r

Q

We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one ....1 John 5;19 the wicked one is satan the devil and he is in opposition to Jehovah God ,and as you say Jehovah is allowing satan to rule us at the momment . but not for much longer .
(Matthew 13:19) Where anyone hears the word of the kingdom but does not get the sense of it, the wicked one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart; this is the one sown alongside the road.

(Luke 4:6) and the Devil said to him: "I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it.

(John 12:31) Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.

(Hebrews 2:14) Therefore, since the "young children" are sharers of blood and flesh, he also similarly partook of the same things, that through his death he might bring to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil;
1 John 5 ;20But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us intellectual capacity that we may gain the knowledge of the true one. And we are in union with the true one, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting. Little children, guard yourselves from idols.

aburaees said:
I would like to add that Jesus was/is supposed to come "like a thief in the night". Meaning that if you weren't/aren't keeping watch through the 'twighlight hours'...

you would not even see him coming.

yes ,as Jesus said, the end of this system will come at an hour that we do not think to be it. ..........if we have not kept awake and do not know where we are in the stream of time ,we may not even realize that we are in the time of the end. so then, we would really be in the dark. but at least we can conceal ourselves in plenty of time before hand
Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father matthew 24;36 yes we are living in a time like Noahs day , the people could have concealed themselves if they had listened to Noah and got into the ark with him . but it seems that only a few were saved .
and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be matthew 24;39

Note: Matthew 24:36 Some manuscripts do not have "nor the Son", they have nor any man.

It is important to note that Christ is the alpha and omega, and knows all things from beginning to end as he is one with the Father from everlasting. it is only during his time on earth and his limitations as a man that he said such a thing.

BlaznFattyz said:
Note: Matthew 24:36 Some manuscripts do not have "nor the Son", they have nor any man.

It is important to note that Christ is the alpha and omega, and knows all things from beginning to end as he is one with the Father from everlasting. it is only during his time on earth and his limitations as a man that he said such a thing.

"Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father. MARK 13;32
(Acts 1:7) He said to them: "It does not belong to YOU to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction;

mee said:

"Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father. MARK 13;32
(Acts 1:7) He said to them: "It does not belong to YOU to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction;

New King James:

7 "And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority."

Nope, I don't see where it says it does or does not belong to anyone, but rather "...it is not for you", and I do not see where "you" was capitalized as YOU. Nor do I see anywhere where God states anything about "getting knowledge" (as in learning something new or different), nor do I see anything about God's "jurisdiction" (which by the way means BOUNDARIES), which is ludicrious, since GOD, has no boundaries.

What it does say (specifically), is "His own authority".

Your Bible, seems to be the one that is not quite at par with the Greek and Hebrew "literal" translations, I fear...

v/r

Q

wil said:

I like this story. I also like what someone mentioned where Jesus said inasmuch as ye do it to one of the least of these my brethren you have done it unto me. Both allow the possibility that Jesus is here among us today. I guess I should mention that I favour the view of allegory when it comes to the Jesus story. I can no longer live with the fear and anxiety of the Second Coming or of ending up in hell because I didn't get it right.

I was raised with the idea that the Second Coming and the End of the World were one and the same thing.

I'm going to repeat the question:
Assuming that we do expect a Messianic return, what will Jesus actually represent in terms of teachings and meaning?

seattlegal said:
Originally Posted by Jesus
John 13:34"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Exactly and 'amen.'

Jesus can not return as an unfamiliar Jesus, as a secret that only some can recognize or figure out. The Second Coming is the fulfillment of hope and the final act of victory, not 'more of the same.' If not then the promise of the Second Coming has no meaning.

"24For the Son of Man in his day[c] will be like the lightning, which flashes and lights up the sky from one end to the other." (Luke 17)

Yes, it will be like a thief in the night, meaning it will be unexpected. But once the thief has come the evidence of his coming is clear. If we can't detect it, it has not happened.

2 c,
luna

lunamoth said:
Exactly and 'amen.'

Jesus can not return as an unfamiliar Jesus, as a secret that only some can recognize or figure out. The Second Coming is the fulfillment of hope and the final act of victory, not 'more of the same.' If not then the promise of the Second Coming has no meaning.

"24For the Son of Man in his day[c] will be like the lightning, which flashes and lights up the sky from one end to the other." (Luke 17)

Yes, it will be like a thief in the night, meaning it will be unexpected. But once the thief has come the evidence of his coming is clear. If we can't detect it, it has not happened.

2 c,
luna
Jeremiah 31:31-34 said:
31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Back