New Messiahs

It would be helpful to quote the post you are answering, using the Reply button.
He was probably replying to this post of mine (New Messiahs).
He was telling me about Dao, I said I do not need that as I am satisfied with my Hinduism/Buddhism mix.
Oh yes, we (that includes you and everybody else) will welcome him if he becomes a member of the forum. The more the merrier.

It happened after he told iBrian that he was qualified to to speak as he wanted on the Christianity forum because he was the second coming of Christ and he was the Messiah and he had authority.

That post got moved to his introductory post Hi .. and that thread was deleted as well. He violated the code of conduct which is forgiving on most counts except for things like that.

Last edited:
It happened after he told iBrian that he was qualified to to speak as he wanted on the Christianity forum because he was the second coming of Christ and he was the Messiah and he had authority.

That post got moved to his introductory post Hi .. and that thread was deleted as well. He violated the code of conduct which is forgiving on most counts except for things like that.
Seems he was right in this thread, but he should have read that he is not the second but maybe the 127th coming of Christ ;)

To recognise who God has given as a Messiah, a Prophet, a Messenger, then one can use Biblical advice.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

So one must test the prophets to determine if One is true or false.

1 John 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already

So they will Testify Jesus Christ is of God.

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

So it is not necessarily instantaneous recognition, it is logical that time is needed to see if what the Prophet said, does come true.

Matthew 7:16-20 You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.

So they will be living the fruits of the Spirit, if they do not, they will not endure, again the time test is also applicable.

There are others, but they are they appear to be the main tests offered to us to assist us knowing who is a true Messiah/ Prophet / Messenger.

Regards Tony

I was a bit amazed the the second coming of Christ was posting on I/O and that this Christ blocked me. 😂🤣
If only they knew the consequences of such a false claim.

Jesus knew what the true claim would involve, the giving of his life as to enable humanity to find God.

Regards Tony

If only they knew the consequences of such a false claim.
There are no consequences. The scammers know it. That is why they make claims. The Charvak philosophers of India said:

"yavat jeevet sukham jeevet, rinam kritva ghritam pibet; bhasmibhootasya dehasya, punaragamanam kutah."
(live well till you are alive, even if it means buying wine on credit. Once the body turns into dust, there is no coming back.)
Note: The verse says drink clarified butter, but that is just an example. Very few would like to drink clarified butter, but not unheard of in India.)
To recognize who God has given as a Messiah, a Prophet, a Messenger, then one can use Biblical advice.
As if whatever Bible says is true! Only that one should not use common sense.

Last edited:
What are the consequences ? (Chapter and verse?)
@Aupmanyav The word Judge can only exist if there will be a Judgement. We all face a Judgement, no denial of this will avoid that day.

Matthew 12:31-32 “Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come"

Notice also this passage takes about an age to come. Jesus had and "Age" (Dispensation) and there was an age to come.

2 Peter 2:2 "But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive opinions. They will even deny the Master who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Even so, many will follow their licentious ways, and because of these teachers[a] the way of truth will be maligned. 3 And in their greed they will exploit you with deceptive words. Their condemnation, pronounced against them long ago, has not been idle, and their destruction is not asleep.." (Read this entire Chapter)

A false claim is the greatest blasphemy, the sin not forgiven. This is the status of the Antichrist. Those that know the station of Jesus as the Christ, but claim that station for themselves. (Appicable to all the Messengers in every "Age")

I am amazed that Christians do not consider that they may have already had many false prophets and teachers changing the face of Christianity. So many who have spoken in the Name of Christ without any authority of interpretation. But that is another story.

There are very few True Prophets that can pass the tests given in the Bible. I would offer there have only been 3 since Jesus that have been True, that were Annointed and had Authority from God. These 3 did give authority to a few dozen disciples to give prophecy under the Authority of their Annointment.

The rest of us have no authority of interpretation.

Regards Tony

Last edited:
Are those the quotes used against Muslims and Baha'i? I figured you would have heard them before...
You or another may choose to, but they would be very wrong to use them against Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

I personally listen to such accusations against Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah as one would to childish ramblings. In amusement of the knowledge they are yet to find, all the while embracing them in Love.

Regards Tony

You or another may choose to, but they would be very wrong to use them against Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

I personally listen to such accusations against Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah as one would to childish ramblings. In amusement of the knowledge they are yet to find, all the while embracing them in Love.

Regards Tony
Me? I have no dog (or god) in this fight. It was definitely a question in my mind when you stated there were consequences for false claims...

But Baha'i don't claim as Christians or Muslims do in their books any finality in the line of prophets/saviors correct? Ya'll expect there to be more? And if so do you expect them to be Baha'i or could they start yet another religion/belief aystem?

But Baha'i don't claim as Christians or Muslims do in their books any finality in the line of prophets/saviors correct?
The scriptures of the New Testament do not claim that there won't be any prophets after Jesus,. Prophets are still expected; Paul even expects prophets in Christian communities of his time.
The Quran declares Muhammad as the "seal of prophecy". Muslim do not expect or accept any prophet after him.

@Aupmanyav The word Judge can only exist if there will be a Judgement. We all face a Judgement, no denial of this will avoid that day.
For somethings bad that I did, I received punishment. For other things bad that I did, I did not receive any punishment. It is a matter of chance.
Like Trump has not received punishment for many things he has done. You know, trying to frighten me with God's judgment is futile.

Tony, I see that you have 14 emblems in your avatara. Bahaullah started with 7, Abbas added Hinduism and Buddhism. Now the count has gone up. Which are the new religions? Have you added more manifestations of Allah to your list?

And your loving God is not supposed to give punishments. Why are you talking about judgements like Christians and Muslims?

Last edited:
Me? I have no dog (or god) in this fight. It was definitely a question in my mind when you stated there were consequences for false claims...

But Baha'i don't claim as Christians or Muslims do in their books any finality in the line of prophets/saviors correct? Ya'll expect there to be more? And if so do you expect them to be Baha'i or could they start yet another religion/belief aystem?
From Adam to Muhammad was the age of Prophecy. The Bab and Baha'u'llah brought about the age of fulfillment, a dispensation that will expand for at least 500,000 years.

Shoghi Effendi quote.

"Thus ended a life which posterity will recognize as standing at the confluence of two universal prophetic cycles, the Adamic Cycle stretching back as far as the first dawnings of the world's recorded religious history and the Bahá'í Cycle destined to propel itself across the unborn reaches of time for a period of no less than five thousand centuries."

Religion is ever advancing, religions are born, reach the apex that is restricted by the capacity of the people that live in that age they decline until they are again renewed by a differnt Messenger, known by a different Name. The Baha'i are not exempt of self imposed ignorance of the Truth. Baha'u'llah said it would be a full 1000 years before the Next Messenger.

A Messenger is given approximately every 100o years, give or take, depending on the decline of religion.

About this age, both the Bible offered these days will be cut short, so we do not destroy all humanity.

Matthew 24:21 "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.."

Regards Tony

Back