Exclusive Bible

Jesus probably knew some Greek but he didn't teach in Greek but in Hebrew and Aramaic.
For the rest, that is what you believe, which I don't share
I guess you were there 2000 years ago. I don’t think that He taught in Greek either, but that’s not the point, I would never presume to know what happened 2000 years ago unless there was some very good resources to draw from. What is the problem with the New Testament be written in Greek? After all, the Septugaint was a Greek translation of the Hebrew text 300 years before Jesus. Why would they translate that into Greek if Greek was not a major language at that time. Just thinkng.

It is no different from Christianity, in the sense that the one who "knocks", will receive..
Not everyone who knocks will “receive”.
Matthew 25:11–12 (NASB95): Later the other virgins also came, saying, ‘Lord, lord, open up for us.’
12 “But he answered, ‘Truly I say to you, I do not know you.’

You seem to be suffering an "us against them" type of disease.
I am really not “against” anyone. I really don’t care where people go when they die. Only God can change hearts. I just try to figure out why someone believes what they believe when the proof is overwhelming against what they believe. I am not just speaking about Muslims here. It’s that way in all religions, even Christianity. Joseph Smith of the Mormon fame supposedly went into a cave, found some special glasses and some Egyptian tables and claims he received the truth about Christianity and God and started the Mormon Religion and now has Millions of followers. And on it goes. People can read the facts and know the truth, yet will never go against what they have been told, amazing in my eyes. I am glad that I was never brought up in a Religion.

Of course, destroying a Quran is an unacceptable affront
I have never understood this insanity. Every Quran that you have today is just a copy, it is not the original Quran, oh, but the original Quran was never suppose to be a Book. It’s just a copy of a copy.

There is a lot of conversation when it comes to Bibles, or I should say Books from God. Jews have Books, Christians have Books, Muslims have a Book, Mormons have a Book and Jehovah Witnesses have a Book. Each of the Books claim exclusivity. Would God make give us a Book that was for only one group of people, meaning it the book is written in Spanish, could only the Spanish speaking people understand it.? I am not sure how many on this site have research translation of language or used interpreters. The reason I ask, is that I am once again reading the Quran and the flow of the English translation is terrible. I have been to that the Arabic reading is beautiful.

Since I don't understand Arabic, then I don't know what to think. Some of the Bible was also written in poetry form (I am assuming that the Quran was written that away, maybe for the ease of learning and reciting it, as I have also been told that the Quran was not to be written, but recited only. It never came into a book form until after the death of Muhammad. Anyway, All language is translational and can retain meaning in the translation. Sometimes not the exact thrust of the word or language but close enough so that it can be understood. The Hebrew texts of the Bible were translated @300BC into Greek. In the time of Jesus, I have read where many people spoke 3 languages.

This is not even uncommon in Europe today, at least two languages. The Christians letters were mostly written in Greek as that was the more common language of the day in that area. If translation is possible and God is concerned with all people, why limit a written text to just one group of people who speak one language. I say this to say that I have been told, a person has to read the Arabic Quran to understand it. Even though so much of it is just about stories and information that already exist in the Jewish Scriptures.
Human language can be translated. Any translation needs some compromise in form and expression; in particular if you translate lyrics, you have to choose between the aesthetic and form of the poetry and the accuracy of the meaning.
But the most important translation of the Quran is to capture the inspiration into words.
In a post above, you complained on the "disorder" of the Quran. I haven't been with Muhammad (p.b.u.h), nor am I a prophet, but I think that Muhammad intended not to sort his thoughts but wanted to let them be guided by the inspiration, and reproduce this flow of thought as accurately as possible into speech, without re-thinking and sorting. The "base material" was in his human mind, among this the stories from the Torah.
That's the impression I have from reading and reciting the Quran. It's mere speculation, though.

but I think that Muhammad intended not to sort his thoughts but wanted to let them be guided by the inspiration
I love it when people us words like “I think”, maybe, could be, possibly, that‘s my opinion. These words have no facts attached to them, but most people live like this, assuming this and assuming that. Truth is, there is nothing that supports that the Quran came from God. It’s not logical as another person here likes to say. The Jewish Scriptures were validated with Miracles, the Christian Scriptures were validated with Miracles.

..and don't you think that faith is a gift from God?
..or do you think that a person has faith through their own merit?

Do the scriptures teach that God blesses those that work inequities? No.
I say God blesses those that work iniquities but does not bless the iniquities themselves. He loves the sinner and hates the sin. We can see examples of this all throughout scripture.

That is what an atheist will claim about the Bible
Not sure what this reply has to do with the post, but…..
An atheist is really not an atheist. Can I lay out all the facts to show they are wrong, yes. But will it change their mind, no.

I am really not “against” anyone. I really don’t care where people go when they die. Only God can change hearts. I just try to figure out why someone believes what they believe when the proof is overwhelming against what they believe

If you believe that only God can change hearts, aren't you questioning God by grumbling how people won't change their hearts?

The Scriptures are inspired by God. There is a lot of confusion when it comes to the Quran, this comes from Muslim sources. The Quran does not flow, it jumps all over the place.
Lettuce leaf thru this.

The Scriptures are inspired by God.

Yup that is what those of most any faith believe...yours and others you appear to like to deride. (Hint that is not a goal round these parts)

There is a lot of confusion when it comes to the Quran, this comes from Muslim sources.

Interesting aside, might be fodder for another thread if you want to cite sources. Of course with 3,000 sects of Christianity me thinks one should be careful about throwing stones from this glass house....seems we have a tad disagreement on particulars.

The Quran does not flow, it jumps all over the place.

Well the Christians took the first two thirds of their Bible (the Jewish Bible books) and rearranged them to suit them (wanted to make sure it ended on a bad note to accentuate the good news) but I find it interesting ...many kids do find the religion of their upbringing sufficient...some stray...some stray and come back...some eschew religion all together....but a significant percentage feel what their parents showed them was "good enough"

Over time paganism was enough...Hinduism was enough, Judaism was enough for some, others needed the words of Jesus, others the teachings of Mohamed, still others the Baha'u'llah. But for each....when they found their enough...they found what else they searched lacking, incomplete, nonsensical...this is normal.

But here we strive to learn more about other religions, exploration and examination without condemnation if possible.

It's a thought, an ideal, which I fall short of.

There was a long-standing tradition that the Bible is a "Body of Christ", that by reading the Bible one can 'encounter' Christ in a very real way ... just throwing it out there.

I rather think any sacra doctrina offers an encounter with its source, if that is what one is honestly seeking.

I know, right?

(But what makes you think I'm not really an atheist? Did you check my record at the annual atheist profession of unbelief rally?)
The Christian view of this is that we were created to worship and have a relationship with God. If we aren't worshipping God then we are worshipping something or someone else. Atheists reasons for there not being a creator is usually based on Science which becomes their god. If it's just the fact that they don't care self becomes their god. Basically anything you put above God becomes a god. It's not meant to be an insult just how we view it scripturally as idol worship. Imo

The Christian view of this is that we were created to worship and have a relationship with God. If we aren't worshipping God then we are worshipping something or someone else. Atheists reasons for there not being a creator is usually based on Science which becomes their god. If it's just the fact that they don't care self becomes their god. Basically anything you put above God becomes a god. It's not meant to be an insult just how we view it scripturally as idol worship. Imo
I'm not sure every follower of Christ needs to belong to the 'we Christians' club. Just my own thoughts

I love it when people us words like “I think”, maybe, could be, possibly, that‘s my opinion. These words have no facts attached to them, but most people live like this, assuming this and assuming that. Truth is, there is nothing that supports that the Quran came from God. It’s not logical as another person here likes to say. The Jewish Scriptures were validated with Miracles, the Christian Scriptures were validated with Miracles.
OK, but this is your opinion.

By your standards, where are your facts?

If you believe that only God can change hearts, aren't you questioning God by grumbling how people won't change their hearts?
No, I simply like to understand why people are content with believing lies. I was accused of trying to evangelize here. That's not why I am here, changing the heart is God's work. I am not "grumbling" about hearts not being changed. Every person who will be in heaven will be there because God wanted them there. "Shall the clay say to the potter, what are you doing"

There was a long-standing tradition that the Bible is a "Body of Christ", that by reading the Bible one can 'encounter' Christ in a very real way ... just throwing it out there.
When men get involve, they will believe anything. Catholics also believe they are eating the body of Christ and drinking His blood. Religious people make up a lot of cra-p. Is the Bible special, yes, We do call it the living Word only because the Bible itself states that.

Back