Exclusive Bible

When men get involve, they will believe anything.
Or maybe they're more intuitive and insightful than yourself?

Catholics also believe they are eating the body of Christ and drinking His blood.
Yep.

Religious people make up a lot of cra-p.
LOL, not only religious! ;)

Is the Bible special, yes, We do call it the living Word only because the Bible itself states that.
Well, but not 'only because'.

OK, but this is your opinion.

By your standards, where are your facts?
Thought you were done with me. How much material would you like to read. Do we have the originals of either the Quran or the Bible, no. You are a smart person and have studied, you understand the process of trying to establish the truth. Can I factually prove that God exists, no, Is there supporting evidence that this world was created and didn't just evolve. Neither God nor evolution can be proven by facts, we take information (facts) and ascertain from what we have. Certainly, just look at the complexity of it all.

When I compare all the Religious books and whatever documents that can be looked at, we weight the evidence. I have already stated this before, Am I going to believe one man who hid in a cave, and basically reproduced the Jewish Scriptures very poorly and claimed it all came from God. Or will I believe a Canon comprised of many books, all supporting each other with names and places with historical reference. We have both been doing this for a very long time, a good investigator will seek answers.

What does the Quran support, what does the Bible support. The Quran supports war, beating your wife, divorcing your wife, having more than one wife. The Bible does not support any of this, yes there was war, and men to had more than one wife, but that was not commanded.

I will just leave it here....

love it when people us words like “I think”, maybe, could be, possibly, that‘s my opinion
Surely that is the only way to have a decent discussion? If everybody keeps stomping about declaring they have the only truth then a forum like this one may as well just fold its tent and disappear into the night? IMO!

Last edited:
could be, I never claimed to be all that educated. Never got a college degree. But I do fly corporate Jets, repair computers, am a master ASE certified auto mechanic, own my own business, teach people to fly, and home schooled my kids. That has to count for something. It's not very complicated, words are written down, they form sentences, those sentences tell facts, stories, or contain information. leave the text alone and read what it says and there is usually only one conclusion that comes out of it. God created the heavens and the earth, do I want to us the color pink to describe this. Sorry for the boasting

Surely that is the only way to have a decent discussion? If everybody keeps stomping about declaring they have the only truth a forum like this one may as well just fold its tent and disappear into the night? IMO!
I agree, everyone has a right to an opinion, but where do opinions lead to. In my world they lead to error unless the opinions can be moved into truth. My wife loves to talk about family, but she assumes many things that are not true, this only leads to heart burn.

could be, I never claimed to be all that educated. Never got a college degree. But I do fly corporate Jets, repair computers, am a master ASE certified auto mechanic, own my own business, teach people to fly, and home schooled my kids. That has to count for something.
Why? How do your material accomplishments give weight to your spiritual and religious opinions?

I agree, everyone has a right to an opinion, but where do opinions lead to. In my world they lead to error unless the opinions can be moved into truth. My wife loves to talk about family, but she assumes many things that are not true, this only leads to heart burn.

It sounds as if your opinions are the only correct ones?

Just doing the dishes and was thinking about this last post of mine. I have found that most school educated people don't think for themselves very well. IMO

No, I simply like to understand why people are content with believing lies.

But you keep saying that God is the reason, that God decides, that it's not up to people, including you. And yet you keep wondering why, out loud, as it were.

What's up with that?

I once had a debate on line with someone who claimed to be a NASA engineer about the theory of lift. He was expounding that without this shape of a airfoil (wing) that a plane will not fly. I came back and said that a flat board will fly if you put and engine on it, which he came back saying no. Well that's funny, when I was a kid I did just that and it flew just fine. Sorry, I know that I am well over your heads here about this theory of lift. Stunt planes have a Asymmetrical wing which totally debunks the theory of lift.

I have found that most school educated people don't think for themselves very well. IMO
Like Einstein? Do you still insist the sun has no mass because a person cannot walk on hydrogen or helium??
I once had a debate on line with someone who claimed to be a NASA engineer about the theory of lift. He was expounding that without this shape of a airfoil (wing) that a plane will not fly. I came back and said that a flat board will fly if you put and engine on it, which he came back saying no.
A rocket will lift if the engine is powerful enough. That's not the same thing as flight, in air.
Well that's funny, when I was a kid I did just that and it flew just fine.
Perhaps it got into the air, but I doubt it flew very well or for very long -- so (in my own opinion) the NASA guy was probably right, in principle.
Stunt planes have a Asymmetrical wing which totally debunks the theory of lift.
Not really, imo. I doubt it glides well without fuel?

could be, I never claimed to be all that educated.
You don't have to be educated to possess spiritual insight.

But I do fly corporate Jets, repair computers, am a master ASE certified auto mechanic, own my own business, teach people to fly, and home schooled my kids. That has to count for something.
No. Why should it? Some of the most notable saints and sages have been simple people ...

It's not very complicated, words are written down, they form sentences, those sentences tell facts, stories, or contain information. leave the text alone and read what it says and there is usually only one conclusion that comes out of it.
Oooh, no. Scripture is layered in meaning.

Most people don't realise the depths of meaning in poetry, or the range of allusion, I mean, most people struggle with legal documents and instruction manuals ... the idea that Scripture is simple, and to be taken at face value and nothing more, is somewhat naive.

I once had a debate on line with someone who claimed to be a NASA engineer about the theory of lift ... Sorry, I know that I am well over your heads here about this theory of lift.
The point you're making is irrelevant and actually logically flawed on a number of points.

But you keep saying that God is the reason, that God decides, that it's not up to people, including you. And yet you keep wondering why, out loud, as it were.

What's up with that?
I am only talking about salvation here, not the other stupid things we all believe. God is going to let us have our own way unless He desires that someone is saved.

Islam does not support keeping a wife against her will.
Divorce is sometimes necessary, as G-d does not wish married couples to have a life of misery.
This is not biblical teaching, God hate divorce and never intended to happen. A life of misery, is not the concern of God. loving Him is.

Like Einstein? Do you still insist the sun has no mass because a person cannot walk on hydrogen or helium??
Why do people love to twist what is said by another person. I never said that the sun does not have "mass", I simple was replying to a comment about atoms. Mass does not equal density.

Back