John's Gospel

Does that sound TO ANY of you, that John is referring to Jesus as God or some member of the 'Trinity'?

John 6:38
- For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me;
39- and this is the will of Him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up at the last day.

Did God (or TWO of Them) SEND him?

John 6:44- No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
45- It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Every one who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me.
46- Not that any one has seen the Father except him who is from God; he has seen the Father.

Why is John not speaking about 'the Trinity'- since it is the foundation of Churchianity's religion?
I have been kicked out of EVERY 'Christian' discussion forum- except this- for not accepting it!

John 6:63- It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Is the 'Holy Ghost-God' being referred to here?
Or is it says in Greek a 'wind'- denoting an unseen power that all life in Heaven is- God, Christ, and angels?

Again, Jesus says-
John 7:16- So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but His who sent me;
17- if any man’s will is to do his will, he shall know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority.
18- He who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but he who seeks the glory of Him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood.

God or....

John7:28- So Jesus proclaimed, as he taught in the temple, “You know me, and you know where I come from? But I have not come of my own accord; He who sent me is true, and Him you do not know.
29- I know Him, for I come from Him, and he sent me.”

A trick most translators pull is the Cap Trick.
There's no caps in Heb/Grk- so they always refer to God and "he", rather than "He".

John 7:33- Jesus then said, “I shall be with you a little longer, and then I go to Him who sent me;
34- you will seek me and you will not find me; where I am you cannot come.”

WHO SENT GOD????
(Or ONE of Them)

John 8:13- The Pharisees then said to him, “You are bearing witness to yourself; your testimony is not true.”
14- Jesus answered, “Even if I do bear witness to myself, my testimony is true, for I know whence I have come and whither I am going, but you do not know whence I come or whither I am going.
15- You judge according to the flesh, I judge no one. 16- Yet even if I do judge, my judgment is true, for it is not I alone that judge, but I and He who sent me.
17- In your law it is written that the testimony of two men is true;
18- I bear witness to myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness to me.

John 8:38- I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father.”
39- They answered him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do what Abraham did,
40- but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth which I heard from God; this is not what Abraham did.

Is Jesus referring to Himself or Themselves when he says " the truth which I heard from God"?

One of the infamous tricks Translators and Trinitarians pull!

John 8:52- The Jews said to him, “Now we know that you have a demon. Abraham died, as did the prophets; and you say, ‘If any one keeps my word, he will never taste death.’
53- Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets died! Who do you claim to be?”
54- Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing; it is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say that he is your God.
55- But you have not known him; I know him. If I said, I do not know him, I should be a liar like you; but I do know him and I keep his word.
56- Your father Abraham rejoiced that he was to see my day; he saw it and was glad.”
57- The Jews then said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?”
58- Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

"ego eimi"- translated here in MOST translations as "I am"- a HEBREW name God once referred to Himself as just before telling the Jews His REAL name!

Jesus never claimed to be "I AM" (Ex 3, John 8:58), and just thought I'd check an Interlinear, out of curiosity...
Man- do I regret not doing that SOONER!
I found that the two Greek Words translated in EVERY TRANSLATION BUT OURS as "I AM" are used FREQUENTLY in the 'New Testament'- and NEVER as that ancient Symbolic Hebrew Name God used
once- "I am ".

Examples of how that phrase is rendered in all other scriptures- (any interlinear will quickly show you)-

"I am, I have, I was, it is I, we have, existed", and may more variations.

What complete, and utter deception!
God used that symbolic Name (I AM) only ONE time, then stated what His REAL Name is.
It has never been used since.

So, Jesus REALY said “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I existed or have been.”
John 9:37-
Jesus said to him, “You have seen him, and it is he who speaks to you.”
38- He said, “Lord, I believe”; and he worshiped him.

CJB “Lord, I trust!” he said, and he kneeled down in front of him.
DLNT And the one said, “Master, I believe”, and prostrated-himself before Him.
DRA And he said: I believe, Lord. And falling down, he adored him.
GW The man bowed in front of Jesus and said, “I believe, Lord.”
GNT “I believe, Lord!” the man said, and knelt down before Jesus.
MOUNCE Then the man said, “I believe, Lord,” and he bowed in reverence before him.
YLT and he said, `I believe, sir,' and bowed before him.

Why do some translations read different?
Simple! The Greek word means "to bend the knee", as everyone did before someone with authority!

Jesus words DRIVEL?
Shame on you!

Better list a few more since they will ban me for quoting Jesus!

John 10:15- as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Did God or the Trinity lay down His/Their LIVES?

John 10:17- For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it again.
18- No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again; this charge I have received from my Father.”
John 10:25-
Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness to me;
26- but you do not believe, because you do not belong to my sheep.
27- My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me;
28- and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand.
29- My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.
30- I and the Father are one.”

Trinitarians pull that one out of context, as well, for he said~

John 17: 20- “I do not pray for these only, but also for those who believe in me through their word,
21- that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Well- the ENTIRE book of John shows how John 1:1 should read; the Word was divine!
Read it YOURSELVES!

Last edited by a moderator:
If he only wrote something worth reading...

Taking quotes out of context and twisting others' replies and not even keeping to his own "scholarship" (rules for thee, not for me) make his drivel worthless.

We've seen it all before.
I agree

Do we need it?

WHY? I wanted Jesus words FOCUSED on with each post?

I read them as I came to them!

Last edited by a moderator:
WHY? I wanted Jesus words FOCUSED on with each post?

I read them as I came to them!
So what you want? DUDE!

This is OUR website, not your soapbox! You've had three warnings already.
No more warnings

Further posts by you on this thread will be deleted while moderators discuss your own permanent removal

Last edited:
I personally held out an olive branch and an opportunity to have a civil discussion, he threw it back in my face. I want nothing more to do with this person, I've set him to ignore. He is abusive, abrasive, and obnoxious...and those are his good qualities, so he is persona non grata to me.

Last edited:
I can see your replies when I log out, and I knew your ego wouldn't let my comment pass. So allow me to remind:

"Here is where you sit in judgment. You have set yourself up as judge, jury...and if you had your way, executioner. Ask me how I know...

The Master of my Fate : Interfaith

The sad part is there are elements of your faith I think would be cool to discuss...but as long as your language is accusative, it is very difficult to reach out to you. I'm not trying to redirect you, and I guarantee you won't redirect me. You can try, but you better pack a lunch, 'cause it's gonna be a long, long day. If you can't meet me as your neighbor, then why should I bother? Accusing me and ranting at me is not going to convince me. It isn't going to convince anybody.

And I still come back to, what do you, personally, MadJW, DO with your religion? What does your religion teach you to DO?

Every major world faith I looked at years ago here, every single one I looked at, has at its core a message essentially identical to the Golden Rule. Do Unto Others As You Wish Done Unto You. It ain't rocket science. It is, in common parlance, Phileo..."brotherly love." What does your faith teach you to DO?

I seriously don't think G!d is going to be fussing over what t's were crossed and what i's dotted, when we stand at the Great White Throne Judgment, He is going to ask "What have you done for these my children?" And we are ALL His children. We are ALL His creation.

You want a linguistic exercise, Mad? Look up the word "love" in the New Testament Greek. Let's talk about that, shall we?"

To which you responded shortly after with:

"I am familiar with the 3 Greek words (or is it FOUR) that express love as different kinds.
That show YOU to be judgmental.

Yawn"

To which I wrote I was taking my gloves off because your arrogance is exceeded only by your assholiness...which I stand by.

You have no willingness to have a conversation with anybody here, you want to command them and control them - a position that isn't appreciated here. This site is dedicated to finding ways to interact peacefully across different faiths...not provide a soapbox for screaming matches and not a place for wannabee gurus to collect a following. If you truly were strong in your faith, you could peacefully and civilly participate in discussions that you otherwise disagree with. But that ain't happening for a cult member, is it?

You are incapable of having a discussion with anyone here as you would a neighbor. You might want to reevaluate just what your purpose is. If it is to be banned as some sick badge of honor - you are well on your way. If it is to share your belief with others, with the understanding that we all have our own understanding, and to share that belief in a civil manner, you would be welcome. But that doesn't appear to be how you are capable of operating. Your attitude is your own worst enemy.

Last edited:
I attack only Churchianity's false teachings.
Not YOU, or anyone.
I preach as a JW.
As a Christian with God's spirit I can judge those dogmas as to whether they are Christ's or not.
Why does that matter to you of a different faith?

I thought this forum different!

That says it all
Not YOU, or anyone.
Evidence to the contrary notwithstanding
As a Christian with God's spirit
So you allow yourself to be a judge and jury, self appointed
I can judge
Finally you admit it

Who was it said "Judge not, that ye be not judged?"

All the more I would encourage a read of my essay "The Master of my Fate" linked above and in the other post. If not now, come back when you've cooled off. Do it incognito so nobody else knows, you don't even have to log in if you don't want to. I've worn shoes very similar to what you are wearing right now, and those shoes will cripple you, and that essay will go over that in great detail.

Copy and pasted from the code of conduct.

We do not allow IO to be used either as a soapbox to aggressively promote any faith or political view, or see any faith or political view to be aggressively attacked.

Your words.

I preach as a JW.

See the problem?

We don't have to accept anything here but we do have to respect each other and respect that we all have different beliefs. This is a place for dialogue for those different beliefs and we MUST respect that. We ALL know you don't believe in Christian doctrine and that's ok.. what is not ok is how you are going about it.

I can most certainly guaranty that no one has complained about you or you would have been banned by now. That's mercy and grace in action by the part of our mods. Be better ok? A little kindness goes a long way.

Copy and pasted from the code of conduct.

We do not allow IO to be used either as a soapbox to aggressively promote any faith or political view, or see any faith or political view to be aggressively attacked.

Your words.

I preach as a JW.

See the problem?

We don't have to accept anything here but we do have to respect each other and respect that we all have different beliefs. This is a place for dialogue for those different beliefs and we MUST respect that. We ALL know you don't believe in Christian doctrine and that's ok.. what is not ok is how you are going about it.

I can most certainly guaranty that no one has complained about you or you would have been banned by now. That's mercy and grace in action by the part of our mods. Be better ok? A little kindness goes a long way.
His recent posts in this thread have been removed, as he was warned would happen

Last edited:
Freedom of speech does not apply here. Some people chafe at rules but this is not a democracy. That is why this place works and why it has worked this long.
A democracy of active members?

Last edited:
Back