The Mystery of God’s Will Unfolding in this Matrix 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bible says it, Jesus says it.

Matthew 11:14 And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come.

Jesus also said Elijah always comes first.

Regards Tony
And I will prove through scripture that this is yet another lie.
Elijah caught up in a whirlwind to heaven.

John the Baptist is NOT Elijah

Luke 1:17
and he will go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready for the Lord a people prepared.”

Not come in the flesh.

Elijah himself appears with Moses at Jesus’ transfiguration after John the Baptist’s death. This would not have happened if Elijah had changed his identity into that of John

John himself denied it

And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” And he answered, “No.”

This is another example of taking one verse out of context and creating a whole doctrine out of it.

There is a comparative religion forum. But this forum is meant to be for religious discussion that doesn't just center on one faith, I believe. I think Tony posted this here and not on the Baha'i forum on purpose. Which is fine, as long as this doesn't become an attempt to spread Baha'u'llah's message again lol.
It is an attempt to find validity in Faith.

How many times have people offered that the Baha'i Faith is insignificant, well I am here to show otherwise, that people's own Faith are mirrored in the Baha'i Faith.

That any attempt to belittle one Faith, belittles all Faiths.

God has granted that the Most Great Peace shall come, the prelude to that is a great change in current attitudes towards many Faiths.

Regards Tony

And I will prove through scripture that this is yet another lie.
Elijah caught up in a whirlwind to heaven.

John the Baptist is NOT Elijah

Luke 1:17
and he will go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready for the Lord a people prepared.”

Not come in the flesh.

Elijah himself appears with Moses at Jesus’ transfiguration after John the Baptist’s death. This would not have happened if Elijah had changed his identity into that of John

John himself denied it

And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” And he answered, “No.”

This is another example of taking one verse out of context and creating a whole doctrine out of it.
John the Baptist was not Elijah in the flesh, that was never said, nor was it ever hinted at.

It is as the Gospels offer. The Spirit of Elijah was reflected in John the Baptist, this is the Holy Spirit we talk of. The Spirit Jesus was Annointed of.

Regards Tony

You just have to merely reread through all of our back and forth dialogues to see how you plagiarize and then pervert them to say something they do not say.
Remember, you are making this personal, I share interpretation from sources, they are not my interpretations. There are millions of quotes available from many sources that show the oneness of God transcends our limited understanding.

I ask why you post in these topics if you are not able to be detached and discuss the topic and not attack the person.

Regards Tony

John the Baptist was not Elijah in the flesh, that was never said, nor was it ever hinted at.

It is as the Gospels offer. The Spirit of Elijah was reflected in John the Baptist, this is the Holy Spirit we talk of. The Spirit Jesus was Annointed of.

Regards Tony
The Holy Spirit is God to me.. The Holy Spirit was at creation.. HE was the one who came upon the Virgin Mary... HE was at Jesus' baptism where John the baptist baptized Jesus. You don't make sense.

Now when all the people were baptized, and when Jesus also had been baptized and was praying, the heaven was opened, and the Holy Spirit descended upon him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven, “You are my Son, the Beloved; with you I am well pleased” (Luke 3:21, 22

The Holy Spirit is God to me.. The Holy Spirit was at creation.. HE was the one who came upon the Virgin Mary... HE was at Jesus' baptism where John the baptist baptized Jesus. You don't make sense.

Now when all the people were baptized, and when Jesus also had been baptized and was praying, the heaven was opened, and the Holy Spirit descended upon him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven, “You are my Son, the Beloved; with you I am well pleased” (Luke 3:21, 22
Yes, as it is all we can know of God and Jesus was a perfect mirror of that Spirit.

What you love of that Spirit, I love.

Regards Tony

How many times have people offered that the Baha'i Faith is insignificant, well I am here to show otherwise, that people's own Faith are mirrored in the Baha'i Faith.

That any attempt to belittle one Faith, belittles all Faiths.

God has granted that the Most Great Peace shall come, the prelude to that is a great change in current attitudes towards many Faiths.

I hope I have never come across as belittling your faith or acting as if it is insignificant. I apologize sincerely if I have. But sometimes I feel you are belittling faiths that do not accept Baha'u'llah, as less valid than Baha'i. Not to mention non-Abrahamic faiths that don't accept any of the messengers or holy books your faith does.

It is more that I am not able to reconcile the damage it does to all humanity.

I can assure you It is never about me. It is about humanity, that is the heart God has given us all, that we are one.

Regards Tony

But other faiths don't damage humanity. Not accepting Baha'u'llah does not damage humanity.

Last edited:
Remember, you are making this personal, I share interpretation from sources, they are not my interpretations. There are millions of quotes available from many sources that show the oneness of God transcends our limited understanding.

I ask why you post in these topics if you are not able to be detached and discuss the topic and not attack the person.

Regards Tony
Once again you use exaggerated numbers to inflate your position.. its deceitful.

I'm very detached. If I wasn't I would have blocked you. I'm merely challenging your interpretation of Christian scripture and I don't think you like that very much. You are specifically targeting the Christian faith. why do you not target Islam as it's more aligned with your religion? They consider your religion as apostasy as much as Christianity does so I'm curious as to why it's just Christianity

I'm not attacking you Tony.. man up! . I'm merely making a concerted effort to call out the bs when I see it.

I can share a dream I had, for some unknown reason, I was given the bounty of touching a white dove in flight, in a dream. Another mystery of the gifts God gives us all.

I was flying in my dream, you know those dreams, free and happy amazed at the freedom of flight, then I saw a white dive ahead and slightly to the left and suddenly felt the desire to touch that Dove. I moved up to it slowly and touched the tail.

Immediately it exploded into a ball of brilliant white light and rapturous song, unexplainable beautiful, overwhelming in Love and immense joy. So much so I was cring in my dream. Then a short poem appeared in front of me, the meaning of life and it was so joyful that I started repeating the poem and I woke up.

When I awoke I was tearful as in the dream, I was still saying the poem. At that moment I said I need to write that down, it is beautiful, but alas, I said the poem a couple more times, said to myself I can remember that and did not write it down, I went back to sleep. Much like this world of distraction.

Morning came and I could not remember the full poem, I only had a few words from the few lines, I just could not construct it again.

It is an unforgettable experience.

Regards Tony

Once again you use exaggerated numbers to inflate your position.. its deceitful.
There you go, I was not talking only of Baha'i. Oneness is far wider than some may have considered.

Man up was also said. One just needs to be strong in the virtues and morals of one's faith and talk, all in good faith, its not about gender, we are all one human race. The clash of differing opinions can open doors we never knew existed.

To me, It is easy, take it, leave it, prove it undoubtedly false, no harsh comments needed. A challenge a lot of times, definitly, that is Gods Mystery as to how Faiths unfold. Maybe I am just as much at fault for mentioning this!

Jingo's , faith is always a work in progress!

Regards Tony

But other faiths don't damage humanity. Not accepting Baha'u'llah does not damage humanity.
I personally do not agree. This is something that my life has shown to me. Every choice, every thought, every action has consequences.

I contemplate the rise of youth crime, the anarchy of many children today to any structured laws. This is a result of unbridled liberty.

Everything we choose to partake of has consequences, we choose to watch violence and shows full of vengeance and unlawful activity, expose children to this and and it becomes part of their nature and nurture. All of a sudden it is cool to steal cars, to take what one does not earn etc etc.

This following passage has been my guiding light, only if I could have embraced it as a child as well.

"...Say: True liberty consisteth in man’s submission unto My commandments, little as ye know it. Were men to observe that which We have sent down unto them from the Heaven of Revelation, they would, of a certainty, attain unto perfect liberty. Happy is the man that hath apprehended the Purpose of God in whatever He hath revealed from the Heaven of His Will that pervadeth all created things. Say: The liberty that profiteth you is to be found nowhere except in complete servitude unto God, the Eternal Truth. Whoso hath tasted of its sweetness will refuse to barter it for all the dominion of earth and heaven....." Bahá’u’lláh, The Kitáb-i-Aqdas

There are many quotes and thoughts about Liberty and why we need to purify our minds.

This is why Islam was needed after Christianity, before the Bab and Baha'u'llah. Submission is a major theme of the Quran. All we need to do as humanity, is to learn and practice true Libery, Submission unto the Councels God has given us.

Regards Tony

I hope I have never come across as belittling your faith or acting as if it is insignificant. I apologize sincerely if I have. But sometimes I feel you are belittling faiths that do not accept Baha'u'llah, as less valid than Baha'i. Not to mention non-Abrahamic faiths that don't accept any of the messengers or holy books your faith does.
No you never have. I see you would not.

It is a quandary indeed. Offering other ways to view the same scriptures, which allows us to embrace all of humanity, in the great diversity of Faith, can be a challenge, especially if a previous interpretation has given exclusivity to a specific Messenger.

These exclusive interpretations may seem harmless enough, the problem being as history has shown, is that eventually those mindsets end in dominant personalities, who want to control all minds to think the same way.

Regards Tony

I'm merely challenging your interpretation of Christian scripture and I don't think you like that very much. You are specifically targeting the Christian faith ... I'm merely making a concerted effort to call out the bs when I see it
Don't stop, imo

@Tony Bristow-Stagg understands very well that his Baha'i 'all messengers are equal' narrative requires Christians as a first step to accept the Quran as authoritative, effectively to 'embrace' Islam over their own religion. He is playing a game of deliberately needling Christians and he knows it very well, imo

When confronted he plays the long suffering martyr 'just a humble lover of humanity' etc.

That's the 'black and white' of it, imo

Last edited:
Don't stop, imo

@Tony Bristow-Stagg understands very well that his Baha'i 'all messengers are equal' narrative requires Christians as a first step to accept the Quran as authoritative, effectively to 'embrace' Islam over their own religion. He is playing a game of deliberately needling Christians and he knows it very well, imo

When confronted he plays the long suffering martyr 'just a humble lover of humanity' etc.

That's the 'black and white' of it, imo
The Oneness of God requires us to embrace all God given faith in the same light, so your statement is not correct, but yes it does require a Christian to appreciate that Muhammad is indeed a Messenger of God.

Imagine a world where Islam and Christianity do embrace each other in the Light that is God.

Regards Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back