The consequences of our neglect.

Why then did he teach to pray, May Your Kingdom come, in heaven as well as on earth.
The Lord's Prayer is an individual prayer? For peace in the heart 'that passes all understanding'

IMO

Read Matthew 13 for Jesus's parables about the Kingdom of Heaven being within.

If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you
John 15:18-19

Last edited:
The Lord's Prayer is an individual prayer? For peace in the heart
No, it's a common prayer, it starts, "Our Father".
See my recent post above on the tradition from the "Gospel of Thomas"
If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you
You trap into the trap of the Gnostic who taught that the world was not created by God but by a distinct "demiurg". No, this world is created by God. The meaning of "World" in this quote is different: it means the principles set in the society, setting up on material riches and power. Not so different today. There is room to follow God in this world, and anything else is vain in our present lives because this is where we are living, and it is for here and now that we received council.

Last edited:
Anyone is allowed to translate the Quran or the Bible, and the users would decide whether it's helpful. There's no "official" Quran translation, and the one that is cited most (Sahee International) is quite bad in my eyes because it contains a lot of questionable interpretations.
Thank you, that is good to know. I usually use the translations of Abdullah Yusuf, Ali

I just looked a Wiki, and boy there is a lot.

One I would love to get hold of is this one.

Mirza Abul Fazl, 1911, The Qur'an, Arabic Text and English Translation Arranged Chronologically with an Abstract, Allahabad.

Mirza Abdul Fazl was a great Islamic Scholar that became a Baha'i, it would be an interesting translation.

Regards Tony

Jesus didn't preach peace on earth, until the last day and final judgement
Welcome to that day and that judgement. We all really need to Use the prayers given by Jesus for this age.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

I see this as a timeless prophecy, a vision of what happens to all the Messengers in every age and of the believers that embrace those Messengers.

The Oneness of God eliminates the predudices of Names, all the Messengers become One in God.

It is a great lesson for us, to really examine our own selves, have we unintentionally become e a persecutor of God's Messenger/s.

Regards Tony

No, it's a common prayer, it starts, "Our Father
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

After this manner therefore pray ye:

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Matthew 6

Anyone is allowed to translate the Quran or the Bible, and the users would decide whether it's helpful. There's no "official" Quran translation, and the one that is cited most (Sahee International) is quite bad in my eyes because it contains a lot of questionable interpretations.
Indeed it does.

We all who are discussing here have love, and most of us are aware of this treasure. Nevertheless, we don't have unity in religion.
We do not have unity among religions, we do not have unity among countries, we do not have unity among races, we do not have unity between the rich and the poor. Where do we have unity? Unity is against the ways of humans.
Peace on earth is a good teaching but there are many who don't listen to the Teacher.
That is not all what the teacher wants us to follow, but also wants us to be Jews, Christians, Muslims, Bahais, etc. and threatens us with dire consequences if we do not agree.

You have an example of that in your post 176. I quote: "O ye who believe! Choose not your fathers nor your brethren for friends if they take pleasure in disbelief rather than faith."
The teacher's plea for love is laced with poison. Sapristi, why is disbelief in God / Allah or Jesus / Muhammad / Bahaollah, against love?

Last edited:
That is not all what the teacher wants us to follow, but also wants us to be Jews, Christians, Muslims, Bahais, etc. and threatens us with dire consequences if we do not agree..
The "teacher" did not personally threaten anybody .. it is a warning that our
denial of faith and the life hereafter has consequences .. both in this life and the next.

The exact 'mechanism' of why that is so, is not straightforward.
eg. some say that 'a personal god' takes revenge

That is not how I see it. I see it as like a person trying to challenge the reality of gravity,
and failing to succeed.

Reactions: RJM
You have an example of that in your post 176. I quote: "O ye who believe! Choose not your fathers nor your brethren for friends if they take pleasure in disbelief rather than faith."
I have chosen this as an example for English "ye". In fact, I remembered that translation by Pickthall because it is wrong. Correct is, "do not take your fathers or brothers as Guardians if they prefer disbelief rather than faith. It's not about friendship, nor does it demand to cut the family ties. It's the particular role of the Wali that is to be avoided.

That is not how I see it. I see it as like a person trying to challenge the reality of gravity, and failing to succeed.
Atheists see reality differently. There is no Allah for them. And they live happily thereafter.
I remembered that translation by Pickthall because it is wrong. Correct is, "do not take your fathers or brothers as Guardians if they prefer disbelief rather than faith. It's not about friendship, nor does it demand to cut the family ties. It's the particular role of the Wali that is to be avoided.
And why someone (in this case, Muhammad) should be considered the 'Guardian' (Wali, Wilayet. Yes, I know the meaning of these words) instead of someone's father or brothers? What evidence does he have to show?

Last edited:
I am always curious as to why atheists are attracted to this forum. There's no atheist sub forum here. They aren't interested in dialogue on their religion or other religions. They just come here and say I'm atheist and I don't believe there's a God. They always seem to have negative things to say about other people's Gods or beliefs. What's the point? I know my bible says that A Fool says in their heart there is no God. They all do this. I'm an atheist and I don't believe in God.. like thumbing their nose at anyone that does. All I can think is you poor thing and feel sorry for them. Is their non belief a religion?

And why someone (in this case, Muhammad) should be considered the 'Guardian' (Wali, Wilayet. Yes, I know the meaning of these words) instead of someone's father or brothers? What evidence does he have to show?
Because the Wali is in charge of religious education.
The Wali would in most cases not have been the prophet himself; any wider family member would have come first.
The natural father will continue being the father also if the son or daughter converts to Islam and the father doesn't.

My question was different:

"And why someone (in this case, Muhammad) should be considered the 'Guardian' instead of someone's father or brothers? What evidence does he have to show?"

I am always curious as to why atheists are attracted to this forum. There's no atheist sub forum here. They aren't interested in dialogue on their religion or other religions. They just come here and say I'm atheist and I don't believe there's a God. They always seem to have negative things to say about other people's Gods or beliefs. What's the point? I know my bible says that A Fool says in their heart there is no God. They all do this. I'm an atheist and I don't believe in God.. like thumbing their nose at anyone that does. All I can think is you poor thing and feel sorry for them. Is their non belief a religion?
But that is not the policy of this and many other forums. If we are not engaged is dialogues or multilogues, then what are we doing here? What they say may be negative in your consideration, but they are stating their belief. Don't feel sorry for us, we are perfectly happy, perhaps more than the theists, with our beliefs. Of course, I am a little bit different. I am an atheist and a fervent orthodox Hindu as well.

To think that just because one is atheist that they aren't interested in dialogue about their religion or that they have no religion is an assumption, and while that's often the case, it isn't always a correct one.

I've known @Aupmanyav for more than a few years now, and while he's a hard atheist, he's also a Hindu, and he's often engaged in dialogue about Hinduism and other religions. It's unfair to assume just because one is an atheist that they have nothing to contribute to a forum such as this.

I'm not an atheist, but I'm not a theist either. I enjoy learning more about other religions as well as my own and love to share my knowledge as well. Posts such as this one don't exactly make one feel very welcome in a community. While I don't believe as you do, I'm not here to invalidate your beliefs.

If you consider people like us fools because your book tells you that we are, that's your prerogative, but know that I don't feel the same way about you. 🧡

To think that just because one is atheist that they aren't interested in dialogue about their religion or that they have no religion is an assumption, and while that's often the case, it isn't always a correct one.

So atheism is considered a religion of sorts? That's what I was trying get clarification on.
I've known @Aupmanyav for more than a few years now, and while he's a hard atheist, he's also a Hindu, and he's often engaged in dialogue about Hinduism and other religions. It's unfair to assume just because one is an atheist that they have nothing to contribute to a forum such as this.

I'm not familiar with atheist Hinduism. I didn't know that it was a thing. I have very dear friends that I enjoy dialogue with that believe in polytheism. It's fascinating their belief in Karma and reincarnation.
I'm not an atheist, but I'm not a theist either. I enjoy learning more about other religions as well as my own and love to share my knowledge as well. Posts such as this one don't exactly make one feel very welcome in a community. While I don't believe as you do, I'm not here to invalidate your beliefs.

It's a hard question I am asking because I don't understand the point of interest. It's not to make someone feel unwelcome but to understand why.
I feel that the "I'm an atheist I don't believe in God" is a common statement made by atheists and I feel dismissed for believing in a God. But again I think a common statement by a Christian would be I'm a Christian and I believe Jesus is God. Lol

If you consider people like us fools because your book tells you that we are, that's your prerogative, but know that I don't feel the same way about you. 🧡
I don't consider anyone a fool. I'm considered a fool for arguing religion in the first place. 🫣

I very much feel that we can't be honest with each other in a forum like this if we have to worry about hurting each other's feelings or offending someone by asking a question out of ignorance.

But that is not the policy of this and many other forums. If we are not engaged is dialogues or multilogues, then what are we doing here? What they say may be negative in your consideration, but they are stating their belief. Don't feel sorry for us, we are perfectly happy, perhaps more than the theists, with our beliefs. Of course, I am a little bit different. I am an atheist and a fervent orthodox Hindu as well.
Please see my post #197.

So atheism is considered a religion of sorts? That's what I was trying get clarification on.
No. But atheism, by definition, is simply a lack of belief in any god(s). But that doesn't necessarily make an atheist irreligious. In fact, the majority of Buddhists are atheists.

I'm not familiar with atheist Hinduism. I didn't know that it was a thing. I have very dear friends that I enjoy dialogue with that believe in polytheism. It's fascinating their belief in Karma and reincarnation.
Hinduism is quite diverse, with many beliefs and many schools of philosophy. Hindus can be atheists, theists, or, in my case, transtheists. There are likely as many different beliefs as there are Hindus. ;)

It's a hard question I am asking because I don't understand the point of interest. It's not to make someone feel unwelcome but to understand why.
I feel that the "I'm an atheist I don't believe in God" is a common statement made by atheists and I feel dismissed for believing in a God. But again I think a common statement by a Christian would be I'm a Christian and I believe Jesus is God. Lol
Don't get me wrong. Certainly there are atheists that are dismissive of theists. There are even those that preach their path harder than most theists. But I've found the majority that participate in religious or faith-based forums want to learn why theists think as they do and even compare and contrast philosophies.

No. But atheism, by definition, is simply a lack of belief in any god(s). But that doesn't necessarily make an atheist irreligious. In fact, the majority of Buddhists are atheists.
Ok my next question would be about worship. The definition of Religion: the belief in and worship of a superhuman power or powers, especially a God or gods.

Who and what do atheists worship if they are considered religious atheists.

you must see my confusion as it seems religious atheists as an oxymoron.
Hinduism is quite diverse, with many beliefs and many schools of philosophy. Hindus can be atheists, theists, or, in my case, transtheists. There are likely as many different beliefs as there are Hindus. ;)
I looked up transtheist because it's a new term to me and I can say I still don't understand it. Basically it read that godhood is not the highest level of spiritual enlightenment. Or spiritual achievement?

Do you still believe in god/gods?
Don't get me wrong. Certainly there are atheists that are dismissive of theists. There are even those that preach their path harder than most theists. But I've found the majority that participate in religious or faith-based forums want to learn why theists think as they do and even compare and contrast philosophies.
Thank you for the thoughtful answer. I agree and can suggest that you can take something out of each religious belief and grow from it. Interestingly enough each religion I learn about more firmly cements for me my relationship with My God.

Back